Incompetence may have spread the virus

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#426 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue May 05, 2020 11:26 am

This has not been peer-reviewed, so it's very preliminary, but it's not good:

Scientists say a now-dominant strain of the coronavirus appears to be more contagious than original
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#427 Post by Bob Juch » Tue May 05, 2020 3:00 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 11:26 am

Scientists say a now-dominant strain of the coronavirus appears to be more contagious than original
That's what I was afraid of. That may explain why there are people getting reinfected. A vaccine may not work on the mutations.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#428 Post by Vandal » Tue May 05, 2020 4:26 pm

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Bob Juch

#429 Post by Bob Juch » Tue May 05, 2020 6:36 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 3:00 pm
Tue May 05, 2020 11:26 am

That's what I was afraid of. That may explain why there are people getting reinfected. A vaccine may not work on the mutations.
The new vaccine from Pfizer based on RNA should work even if the virus mutates.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#430 Post by Bob Juch » Tue May 05, 2020 7:33 pm

I think I posted about a restaurant here in Oro Valley that lost its liquor license because they let customers eat their takeout on its patio. They reopened under a different name and today hosted a campaign rally for a Republican State Senate candidate. They let everyone crowd into the restaurant and the video showed no one wearing a mask. The candidate's tour bus had a huge pro-gun rights slogan on it. The owner of the restaurant said something about the state has no right to declare which businesses are essential or not. I have a feeling the newly-named restaurant is going to lose its liquor license again.

I'll link to an article when they put one up; this is all from KVOA's 5:00 news.

Bob Juch

#431 Post by Bob Juch » Wed May 06, 2020 8:40 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 7:33 pm
I think I posted about a restaurant here in Oro Valley that lost its liquor license because they let customers eat their takeout on its patio. They reopened under a different name and today hosted a campaign rally for a Republican State Senate candidate. They let everyone crowd into the restaurant and the video showed no one wearing a mask. The candidate's tour bus had a huge pro-gun rights slogan on it. The owner of the restaurant said something about the state has no right to declare which businesses are essential or not. I have a feeling the newly-named restaurant is going to lose its liquor license again.

I'll link to an article when they put one up; this is all from KVOA's 5:00 news.
Here's the link: https://kvoa.com/coronavirus-coverage/2 ... ive-order/

silverscreenselect

#432 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 06, 2020 8:47 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 8:40 am
Bob Juch wrote:

I'm not sure when the primary is in Arizona, but if it's more than a week or two away, this guy may lose some of his voting base.

silverscreenselect

#433 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 06, 2020 9:19 am

Missouri will allow concerts beginning next week:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/busi ... oronavirus

They already have commercials lined up. They've got archival footage of Kenny Rogers saying, "Come on and join me in Branson, MO."

silverscreenselect

#434 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 06, 2020 11:05 am

Trump (without a mask) tours the mask factory as the theme from Live and Let Die plays in the background:

If someone had used this as part of a commercial, the Trump enablers would have screamed about how tasteless and unfair it was.

Bob Juch

#435 Post by Bob Juch » Wed May 06, 2020 1:03 pm

Wed May 06, 2020 8:47 am
Bob Juch wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 8:40 am
Bob Juch wrote:

I'm not sure when the primary is in Arizona, but if it's more than a week or two away, this guy may lose some of his voting base.
It's August 4. https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion ... 665271001/

Bob Juch

#436 Post by Bob Juch » Thu May 07, 2020 9:25 am

Trump's personal valet has tested positive for the virus.

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BB13KfOq?m=en-us&ocid=News

silverscreenselect

#437 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 07, 2020 9:55 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:25 am
Trump's personal valet has tested positive for the virus.

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BB13KfOq?m=en-us&ocid=News
I really feel sorry for those poor workers at the mask factory who were subjected to a maskless Trump the other day.

silverscreenselect

#438 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 07, 2020 11:04 am

Brad Parscale Trump 2020 Campaign Manager 5/7/20 wrote:For nearly three years we have been building a juggernaut campaign (Death Star). It is firing on all cylinders. Data, Digital, TV, Political, Surrogates, Coalitions, etc. In a few days, we start pressing FIRE for the first time.
One of the cylinders it's not firing on is optics. (1) Naming your re-election campaign "Death Star" in the midst of a pandemic in which 75,000 Americans have already died doesn't leave a good impression, and (2) Everyone knows what happened to the Death Star, except apparently Brad Parscale. I am looking forward to Trump dressing up as Darth Vader though.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#439 Post by Bob78164 » Thu May 07, 2020 11:56 am

The CDC has prepared detailed guidance for many specific types of businesses to reopen safely. The White House quashed it, telling the CDC it will "never see the light of day."

In November, we will choose the person who will lead the federal response to the second half of the pandemic. And once again, Donny demonstrates that even an empty chair would do a better job than he is doing. Choose wisely. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#440 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 07, 2020 3:08 pm

SWEDEN'S CORONAVIRUS DEATH TOLL 'HORRIFYING' SAYS SCIENTIST BEHIND COUNTRY'S ANTI-LOCKDOWN STRATEGY

Sweden's death rate from the coronavirus is seven times higher than neighbors Norway and Finland (which have gone into lockdown) and higher than the United States. In addition, based on statistics from the IMF, Sweden's economy will contract to a greater degree than its neighbors as well. So, the lack of a lockdown in Sweden hasn't helped their economy and has killed off many more people than its neighbors.

Bob Juch

#441 Post by Bob Juch » Thu May 07, 2020 5:56 pm

Thu May 07, 2020 3:08 pm
SWEDEN'S CORONAVIRUS DEATH TOLL 'HORRIFYING' SAYS SCIENTIST BEHIND COUNTRY'S ANTI-LOCKDOWN STRATEGY

Sweden's death rate from the coronavirus is seven times higher than neighbors Norway and Finland (which have gone into lockdown) and higher than the United States. In addition, based on statistics from the IMF, Sweden's economy will contract to a greater degree than its neighbors as well. So, the lack of a lockdown in Sweden hasn't helped their economy and has killed off many more people than its neighbors.
I guess that's why the Repulsives are holding them up as a model.

Bob Juch

#442 Post by Bob Juch » Fri May 08, 2020 8:22 am

Rachel Maddow wrote:"By doing all of this testing, we make ourselves look bad," Donald Trump told reporters.
This is so misguided, it's hard to even know where to start.

Bob Juch

#443 Post by Bob Juch » Fri May 08, 2020 8:25 am

Thom Hartman wrote:Are you willing to die for Donald Trump and his billionaire buddies?

Donald Trump says, “The people of our country should think of themselves as warriors. Our country has to open.” So, first he ignored the coronavirus for months and didn’t do any planning or preparation. Then he threw responsibility for dealing with it to the individual states and told them they’re on their own. Now he tells you and me that we’re supposed to be the soldiers who are willing to die in a battle that he doesn’t want to fight. All of Trump’s efforts now are being directed toward turning the money machine of the economy back on for his billionaire buddies and the stock market, because he thinks that’s what will get him reelected. He’s willing to sacrifice the lives of hundreds of thousands of us to accomplish that. And he is betting that we will be willing to go along with being involuntarily drafted for his war to help his billionaire buddies. Did you volunteer for this draft? Are you willing to die to get Donald Trump reelected?

silverscreenselect

#444 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri May 08, 2020 10:29 am

Member of Pence's staff tests positive for coronavirus

Pence's flight to Iowa today was delayed for an hour and several people got off the plane before it eventually took off. From what I have heard, mask wearing and social distancing aren't big priorities in the White House.

silverscreenselect

#445 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri May 08, 2020 2:06 pm

Katie Miller, Mike Pence's press secretary and wife of one of Trump's more odious advisers, Steven Miller, has tested positive for the coronavirus. No word on what sort of interaction she's had with Pence or Trump recently. She is the Pence staffer who was referenced in articles earlier today.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mike-pence ... d=88229201

After hearing this news, Trump went to visit a group of 90+ year old World War II veterans, without a mask as usual.

silverscreenselect

#446 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri May 08, 2020 9:25 pm

Katie Miller talking to the press yesterday.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#447 Post by Bob78164 » Sat May 09, 2020 2:53 pm

Criminal (figuratively speaking) incompetence on the part of Donny's Administration:
Aaron C. Davis wrote:It was Jan. 22, a day after the first case of covid-19 was detected in the United States, and orders were pouring into Michael Bowen’s company outside Fort Worth, some from as far away as Hong Kong.

Bowen’s medical supply company, Prestige Ameritech, could ramp up production to make an additional 1.7 million N95 masks a week. He viewed the shrinking domestic production of medical masks as a national security issue, though, and he wanted to give the federal government first dibs.

. . . .

In the end, the government did not take Bowen up on his offer. Even today, production lines that could be making more than 7 million masks a month sit dormant.
They turned him down. This patriot offered, in January, to make millions of N95 masks per week for the federal government and THEY TURNED HIM DOWN.

There is blood on the Administration's hands. The blood of health workers who died unnecessary deaths because they had to work with inadequate equipment. The blood of family members who died from the disease after health workers couldn't avoid bringing it back home.

In November, we will choose who we want leading the federal response to the second half of the pandemic. There are two choices. Choose wisely. Choose as though your life depends on it. Choose as though your mother's life depends on it. Because it may. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#448 Post by Bob78164 » Sat May 09, 2020 3:24 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:56 am
The CDC has prepared detailed guidance for many specific types of businesses to reopen safely. The White House quashed it, telling the CDC it will "never see the light of day."

In November, we will choose the person who will lead the federal response to the second half of the pandemic. And once again, Donny demonstrates that even an empty chair would do a better job than he is doing. Choose wisely. --Bob
And here's the cover-up. The White House claimed that the guidance hadn't been released because CDC hadn't yet approved it. They lied. The release of the report was quashed by the White House. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#449 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun May 10, 2020 10:31 am

Health officials in California have traced a coronavirus outbreak to a birthday party held in Pasadena in mid-April:
A "large number" of extended family members and friends were at the party, the Pasadena Public Health Department said in a news release, adding the event took place after the city issued a stay-at-home order in March. One patient at the party was coughing and not wearing a face covering, health officials said, and other party guests were also not covering their face or social distancing."As a result, Covid-19 spread among party attendees," the department said. Through contact tracing, investigators were able to identify more than five confirmed coronavirus cases from the party and "many more ill individuals," according to the health department.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/10/us/calif ... index.html

Apparently, the person who was coughing was making jokes about the coronavirus. This is in California, a state that has good contact tracing and has been pretty good about following the CDC guidelines. The question is what's going to happen in other states where they distrust those guidelines. Mother's Day is a big day for family get-togethers and if people think it's "all clear," we'll be seeing the results come the end of May.

silverscreenselect

#450 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon May 11, 2020 8:56 am

When asked why no one wore masks when meeting with the 90+ year old WWII vets on the same day the White House learned about two staffers testing positive for coronavirus:
Donald Trump 5/9/20 wrote:I think [the veterans are] so pure, it will never happen. Alright? They’ve lived a great life. But no, the wind was howling. And I didn’t see anybody with masks, I don’t know, maybe there were. But they were great.”
Who would have thought that 75 years after these men having risked their lives to defeat Nazi Germany, Donald Trump would ask them to risk it again to get him re-elected?