Coronavirus-Aggregation Thread-Non political

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Coronavirus-Aggregation Thread-Non political

#201 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:21 am

Yay, Ranger Jeff et al get to work from home for at least 2 weeks. Don't know if the county judge's stay at home order helped tptb pull their heads outta asses or my sternly worded email to my former boss, the GM and parks AGM. Prolly the order, tho my glare of righteousness (tm Sliver) may have helped.
Well, then

a1mamacat

#202 Post by a1mamacat » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:35 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:21 am
Yay, Ranger Jeff et al get to work from home for at least 2 weeks. Don't know if the county judge's stay at home order helped tptb pull their heads outta asses or my sternly worded email to my former boss, the GM and parks AGM. Prolly the order, tho my glare of righteousness (tm Sliver) may have helped.
Yeah!

I am sure the email and glare were the turning points
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#203 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:51 pm

a1mamacat wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:35 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Yeah!

I am sure the email and glare were the turning points
At least I didn't cuss...
Well, then

Bob Juch

#204 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:23 pm

Vandal wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:56 am
It says I have to be logged in to view the image.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#205 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:43 pm

Mexican protesters block Arizona border traffic, demand coronavirus screenings on travelers from US

https://www.foxnews.com/world/mexican-p ... screenings
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#206 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:50 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:43 pm
Mexican protesters block Arizona border traffic, demand coronavirus screenings on travelers from US

https://www.foxnews.com/world/mexican-p ... screenings
You're going to find a number of countries prohibiting entry from the United States over the next few months.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

kroxquo

#207 Post by kroxquo » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:51 am

Just wanted to post an update on my daughter and son-in-law. Both have gotten past the worst of the sickness. The fevers have broken and their breathing is getting better. They both expect to make a full recovery. And they still won't be listed as cases because they never were able to be tested.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#208 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:00 am

kroxquo wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:51 am
Just wanted to post an update on my daughter and son-in-law. Both have gotten past the worst of the sickness. The fevers have broken and their breathing is getting better. They both expect to make a full recovery. And they still won't be listed as cases because they never were able to be tested.
Good news!
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#209 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:18 am

kroxquo wrote:
Great news krox.

Bob Juch

#210 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:48 am

kroxquo wrote:
That's great news!

Bob Juch

#211 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:49 am

There are reports that there's a worldwide shortage of condoms thanks to the pandemic. That must be because people are staying at home with nothing better to do.

silverscreenselect

#212 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:05 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:49 am
There are reports that there's a worldwide shortage of condoms thanks to the pandemic. That must be because people are staying at home with nothing better to do.
One would think that casual encounters would be way, way, way down in the crisis.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#213 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:44 pm

The Washington Post is tracking deaths and reported cases on a state-by-state basis in near real time. The paper is making this link available for free -- no paywall. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#214 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:59 pm

Abbott Laboratories has received approval for a 5-minute, portable test for the coronavirus. Production will start April 1 and they expect to manufacture 50,000 tests per day. So by the end of April, they'll have manufactured 1.5 million tests. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#215 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:18 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:44 pm
The Washington Post is tracking deaths and reported cases on a state-by-state basis in near real time. The paper is making this link available for free -- no paywall. --Bob
This site, which I referenced in another thread, also keeps real time US statistics from a variety of sources. They appear to be a bit more up-to-date than the Post sources because they use local news sources in addition to official state sources (for New York, they show about 6,000 more cases and 100 more deaths). For each state, they list their source(s) for their statistics. They also keep stats for several other hot-spot countries. Worldometers has frequently been cited as an excellent source for reliable, unbiased statistics in numerous areas in addition to the current coronavirus outbreak.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us

Bob Juch

#216 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:55 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:05 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:49 am
One would think that casual encounters would be way, way, way down in the crisis.
Not every woman can use birth control pills.

Bob Juch

#217 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:59 pm

Coronavirus News: Rhode Island National Guard goes door-to-door to find New Yorkers fleeing COVID-19 hotspots

The Rhode Island National Guard started going door to door on Saturday in coastal areas to inform any New Yorkers who may have come to the state that they must self-quarantine for 14 days while Gov. Gina Raimondo expanded the mandatory self-quarantine to anyone visiting the state.

Raimondo also ordered residents to stay at home, with exceptions for getting food, medicines or going to the doctor, and ordered nonessential retail businesses to close Monday until April 13 to help stop the spread of the coronavirus. She also directed realtors and hotel operators to include new requirements that any out-of-state residents must quarantine for 14 days in their purchase agreements.

State Police set up a checkpoint on I-95 in Hope Valley on Friday where drivers with New York license plates must stop and provide contact information and were told to self-quarantine for two weeks, WPRI.com reported.

If New Yorkers don't comply, they face fines and jail time, Raimondo said, adding that that's not the goal.

"I want to be crystal clear about this: If you're coming to Rhode Island from New York you are ordered into quarantine. The reason for that is because more than half of the cases of coronavirus in America are in New York," Raimondo said, adding that it's not meant to be discriminatory.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo called the order "reactionary" and unconstitutional, saying he'd sue Rhode Island if the policy isn't rescinded but believed they could "work it out."

https://abc7ny.com/health/rhode-island- ... -/6060203/

Bob Juch

#218 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:43 pm

Manhattan Beach surfer issued possible $1,000 citation for violating beach closure order

https://easyreadernews.com/manhattan-be ... lifeguard/

Spock

#219 Post by Spock » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:22 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:43 pm
Manhattan Beach surfer issued possible $1,000 citation for violating beach closure order

What a joke. No better place to social distance than surfing out in the ocean.

Call me when they shut down mass transit with people still jammed together.

Bob Juch

#220 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:43 pm

Prop Joe Diffie up beside the jukebox. :cry:

https://deadline.com/2020/03/joe-diffie ... 202895267/

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#221 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:57 pm

Spock wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:22 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:43 pm

What a joke. No better place to social distance than surfing out in the ocean.

Call me when they shut down mass transit with people still jammed together.
My girlfriend is well acquainted with that particular crowd. The guy was warned and wouldn't leave. And a lot of people were on the beach, even though it's closed, because of the examples the surfers were setting. So an awful lot of people who would really rather be on the beach were witnessing the tragedy of the commons in real life.

The cops did the right thing. --Bob

Vandal
Director of Promos

#222 Post by Vandal » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:26 am

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#223 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:06 am

Beebs52 wrote:
There are 9 cases at The Conservatory, local, like 5 blocks away, retirement community. 😔
Well, then

Bob Juch

#224 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:14 pm

Florida Megachurch Pastor Arrested After Violating Social Distancing Guidelines

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressi ... uidelines/
Earlier today Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister announced that Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne was wanted on an arrest warrant after flaunting social distancing orders by holding two large services on Sunday.
It's flouting, not flaunting.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#225 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:11 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:14 pm
Florida Megachurch Pastor Arrested After Violating Social Distancing Guidelines

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressi ... uidelines/
Earlier today Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister announced that Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne was wanted on an arrest warrant after flaunting social distancing orders by holding two large services on Sunday.
It's flouting, not flaunting.
Something similar is going on in Lousiana, but I don't think anyone has been threatened yet with arrest. --Bob