The Harvey List

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Re: The Harvey List

#601 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:20 pm

BackInTex wrote:
It wouldn't have been so bad had he not kept referring to his winkie as "my Whopper®".
And now we know what the special sauce is in the Big Mac.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

kroxquo

#602 Post by kroxquo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:04 am

Christian comedian John Crist cancels his tour

https://people.com/tv/christian-youtube ... legations/
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

Vandal
Director of Promos

#603 Post by Vandal » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:50 am

Former NFL star Kellen Winslow Jr. pleads guilty to sexual assault charges, avoids life sentence
On Monday, former NFL tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. pleaded guilty to raping an unconscious teen in 2003 and the sexual battery of a 54-year-old hitchhiker in 2018. He will be sentenced to between 12 and 18 years in prison, according to CBS News.

In agreeing to a plea deal, Winslow avoided a retrial on six felonies in San Diego County Superior Court, which included kidnapping, sodomy, forced oral copulation and two charges of forcible rape. Those charges could have resulted in a life sentence. As part of the plea deal, those six charges were dropped and the attack on the hitchhiker was reduced to a sexual battery charge.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/form ... -sentence/
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Estonut
Evil Genius

#604 Post by Estonut » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:22 pm

Vandal wrote:Former NFL star Kellen Winslow Jr. pleads guilty to sexual assault charges, avoids life sentence
On Monday, former NFL tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. pleaded guilty to raping an unconscious teen in 2003 and the sexual battery of a 54-year-old hitchhiker in 2018. He will be sentenced to between 12 and 18 years in prison, according to CBS News.

In agreeing to a plea deal, Winslow avoided a retrial on six felonies in San Diego County Superior Court, which included kidnapping, sodomy, forced oral copulation and two charges of forcible rape. Those charges could have resulted in a life sentence. As part of the plea deal, those six charges were dropped and the attack on the hitchhiker was reduced to a sexual battery charge.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/form ... -sentence/
Sorry to read about what this guy has become. I will never forget the "Kellen Winslow Game" his dad had against Miami. I wrote the kid off as an idiot when he tore his ACL in a motorcycle accident. Now, this.

The first line on his Wikipedia page now reads:
Kellen Boswell Winslow II (born July 21, 1983) is a convicted serial rapist and an American former professional football player who was a tight end in the National Football League (NFL).
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Vandal
Director of Promos

#605 Post by Vandal » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:41 pm

Roman Polanski accused of raping French actress in 1975
A French woman in her early 60s has claimed she was violently raped at age 18 by Oscar-winning filmmaker Roman Polanski. In a Friday story published in the French newspaper Le Parisien, the woman claimed that Polanski raped her in 1975 at his skiing chalet in Gstaad, Switzerland.

Polanski's lawyer, Hervé Temime, told Le Parisien the 86-year-old Polanski "firmly contests" the allegation. Temime could not be immediately reached by The Associated Press. Polanski's accuser, Valentine Monnier, told the French newspaper that the impending release of Polanski's latest film "J'accuse" ("An Officer and a Spy") prompted her to speak out.

AP does not normally disclose the identities of alleged rape victims, but Monnier gave her consent to be identified by Le Parisien after she contacted the paper in mid-September. The paper said she had previously written letters to the Los Angeles police, French first lady Brigitte Macron, and others. One of several who responded was Marlène Schiappa, France's junior minister for gender equality, who noted the case was too old for judicial action.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/roman-pola ... ce=twitter
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

jarnon

#606 Post by jarnon » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:15 pm

Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#607 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:57 pm

The Queen has probably locked him in the Tower.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

earendel

#608 Post by earendel » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:23 am

It appears that Harvey Weinstein will not suffer any real consequences from his actions. News reports indicate that his attorneys have reached a settlement with his accusers, but he won't have to pay a penny of his own money. The payments will be made by an insurance company for the Weinstein Company (now in bankruptcy). The accusers will split $25 million, and the attorneys will get $12 million. Weinstein doesn't have to admit to any wrongdoing and he can't be sued in the future. He will face a criminal trial next month for sexually assaulting two women.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#609 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:02 pm

earendel wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:23 am
It appears that Harvey Weinstein will not suffer any real consequences from his actions. News reports indicate that his attorneys have reached a settlement with his accusers, but he won't have to pay a penny of his own money. The payments will be made by an insurance company for the Weinstein Company (now in bankruptcy).
It's not clear that your consequence follows from this premise. Leaving aside the criminal action (which you noted but I elided from your post), it is entirely possible that the insurance company agreed to make the payment to get the case settled, but will later sue Weinstein directly to get reimbursed. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#610 Post by jarnon » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:01 pm

Bloomberg's sexist remarks fostered company culture that degraded women, lawsuits allege

After one billionaire president who's constantly being sued, the last thing we need is another one who also owns a huge media company.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#611 Post by jarnon » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:50 pm

Kyle Cheney wrote:JUST IN: Pelosi names Reps. Katie Porter and Deb Haaland to the Oversight Committee to fill spots previously held by Elijah Cummings and Katie Hill.

With that, the panel’s extremely important Katie quota has been met.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#612 Post by jarnon » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:53 pm

Not really Harvey-related, but worth noting:
The Duke of Edinburgh retired from public duties in 2017 at age 96. Now this from the Duke of Sussex:

Britain is running out of royals.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#613 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:14 pm

jarnon wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:53 pm
Not really Harvey-related, but worth noting:
The Duke of Edinburgh retired from public duties in 2017 at age 96. Now this from the Duke of Sussex:

Britain is running out of royals.
I'll bet you that right now Meaghan is kicking herself that Suits got cancelled.

Bob Juch

#614 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:32 pm

An accuser claims Harvey has a penis and a vagina.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/h ... -genitalia
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#615 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:14 pm

The recently appointed consul of Mexico in Tucson has been removed from his position after a sexual harassment complaint, according to news reports. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mexico removed Guillermo Rivera Santos from his position, Dolia Estévez, a Sonoran journalist based in Washington, first reported late last month for the Mexican media outlet SinEmbargo .

flockofseagulls104

#616 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:12 pm

The Boy Scouts of America succumbs to years of lawsuits over sexual abuse claims combined with constant harassment from the radical left. The institution which instilled millions of boys with values and skills that the left apparently loathes, has filed for bankruptcy.
Apparently local chapters will still continue. It remains to be seen how long scouting can last. They really need to sell a lot of popcorn.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#617 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:02 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:12 pm
The institution which instilled millions of boys with values and skills that the left apparently loathes, has filed for bankruptcy.
They may have instilled millions of boys with values and skills, but they also instilled hundreds, if not thousands, of boys with lifelong sexual trauma thanks to abuse from trusted adult leaders and a bureaucracy that was willing to look the other way. But apparently that's immaterial to the right.

flockofseagulls104

#618 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:51 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:02 pm
The institution which instilled millions of boys with values and skills that the left apparently loathes, has filed for bankruptcy.
They may have instilled millions of boys with values and skills, but they also instilled hundreds, if not thousands, of boys with lifelong sexual trauma thanks to abuse from trusted adult leaders and a bureaucracy that was willing to look the other way. But apparently that's immaterial to the right.
Oh geezus, just give it fuckin break already, dude.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#619 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:51 pm
No. No break. Carholic Church much? This isn't a right left thing. Don't be stupid.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#620 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:06 pm

Who brought up this entire subject? Your comments imply that somehow the left has manufactured these hundreds of men who have come forward to talk about how they were abused as children. But that's apparently okay as long as they instill values and skills in those boys.

This isn't a laughing matter. This isn't a left-wing plot to make a beloved American institution look bad. This is just you bellyaching because one of your icons turns out to have a very sleazy underside. And if you want to wave the American flag and cry crocodile tears over a bunch of rapists and pederasts and a whole lot more who were willing to look the other way, then I'll call you out on it every time.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#621 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:16 pm

Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:06 pm

Who brought up this entire subject? Your comments imply that somehow the left has manufactured these hundreds of men who have come forward to talk about how they were abused as children. But that's apparently okay as long as they instill values and skills in those boys.

This isn't a laughing matter. This isn't a left-wing plot to make a beloved American institution look bad. This is just you bellyaching because one of your icons turns out to have a very sleazy underside. And if you want to wave the American flag and cry crocodile tears over a bunch of rapists and pederasts and a whole lot more who were willing to look the other way, then I'll call you out on it every time.
I'm almost agreeing with Skippy. Stop your snipping between yourselves, brofriends. This issue is totally fucked up.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#622 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:18 pm

The Boy Scouts of America succumbs to years of lawsuits over sexual abuse claims combined with constant harassment from the radical left. The institution which instilled millions of boys with values and skills that the left apparently loathes, has filed for bankruptcy.
Apparently local chapters will still continue. It remains to be seen how long scouting can last. They really need to sell a lot of popcorn.
It's easy to play Monday-morning quarterback and carp over what actually happened. What do you think should have been done differently? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#623 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:34 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:18 pm
It's easy to play Monday-morning quarterback and carp over what actually happened. What do you think should have been done differently? --Bob
The Boy Scouts was/are a noble institution founded on great principles and values, as is the Catholic Church. Unfortunately both institutions were infiltrated and used by perverted, evil INDIVDUALS to gain access to young children. Also, unfortunately, these individuals were protected by equally evil individuals who thought their higher purpose was to protect the institution, not the children. These individuals do not represent the institutions by any means and should be rooted out and punished to the fullest extent. But the vast majority of people in scouting have nothing at all to do with any of this.
So is our solution to shut down any institution whose purpose is to gather groups of children together to nurture, educate and instill values that are time tested and beneficial to a civil society?
I mentioned the left because it has beem demonizing and harassing the institution of the Boy Scouts for decades now. Attacking and suing them over their ties to religion, for one. Do you deny that fact? The left can't seem to stand any group that doesn't kowtow to their definition of political correctness. That, combined with blaming the institution for the acts of a few evil individuals is, in my opinion, what is bringing this organization to the brink. As Dennis Prager says, and I agree with from years of observation: The left seems to destroy anything it gets involved in.

silverscreenselect

#624 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:54 pm

Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:34 pm

The Boy Scouts was/are a noble institution founded on great principles and values, as is the Catholic Church.
So is our solution to shut down any institution whose purpose is to gather groups of children together to nurture, educate and instill values that are time tested and beneficial to a civil society? I mentioned the left because it has beem demonizing and harassing the institution of the Boy Scouts for decades now. Attacking and suing them over their ties to religion, for one.
There are two issues here. First, the Boy Scouts are a religious organization. It's in their charter. And there's no problem with that. People can choose to become involved or not. In fact, the Supreme Court ruled about 20 years ago that the Scouts couldn't be forced to accept a gay member despite state anti-discrimination laws because it would violate their religious freedom. The problem occurs when the government grants the Boy Scouts special advantages that aren't available to non-religious organizations, such as special assistance from the military for logistics and transportation. That's a violation of the First Amendment, and that's why they've been subjected to lawsuits over the years.

As far as the bankruptcy filing, the Boy Scouts are adopting a tactic that's been used by many large corporations that have been subject to large scale tort litigation. By declaring bankruptcy, they are forcing the 300 or so active lawsuits into a forum where they hope to force settlements for a pittance. In essence, they are using the bankruptcy filing as a club against the boys and men who were abused by their scout leaders.

You really should get your facts straight before you engage your mouth. That's why right wing bullshit sounds so appealing to you.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#625 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:09 am

Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:34 pm
Also, unfortunately, these individuals were protected by equally evil individuals who thought their higher purpose was to protect the institution, not the children. These individuals do not represent the institutions by any means and should be rooted out and punished to the fullest extent.
Actually, you're just flat out wrong here. The individuals committing these heinous acts and covering them up do in fact represent the organization. That's why the organization was held financially responsible for their acts and omissions. And it's that financial responsibility, imposed by juries who heard the facts of individual cases, that resulted in the organization's bankruptcy.

So I'll ask again. What do you think society as a whole should have done differently with respect to the organization? --Bob