Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#76 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:05 am

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:The left wanted to drive In-N-Out out of business for a single donation to the right.
For someone who gets upset about overbroad descriptions of "Republicans," you toss around terms like "the left" rather freely.
You are right about my generalization. I apologize. I should have said, "Many on the left wanted to drive In-N-Out out of business for a single donation to the right."

You said that I "toss around terms like 'the left' rather freely." I just searched all of my posts and found 54 hits for those words, but the only times that I used the term "the left" in the political context were both regarding In-N-Out in this thread. You, yourself, have 113 hits for those words. You also have 887 hits on Republican*. I did not care to drill into the threads past the rough searches, but I'm pretty sure that many more than 2 are disparaging generalizations.
You're correct that I should have said. "you're tossing around the term 'the left' rather freely." But I think that if you dig into my posts, you'll find that most of my references are to "Congressional Republicans." --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Estonut
Evil Genius

#77 Post by Estonut » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:19 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:For someone who gets upset about overbroad descriptions of "Republicans," you toss around terms like "the left" rather freely.
You are right about my generalization. I apologize. I should have said, "Many on the left wanted to drive In-N-Out out of business for a single donation to the right."

You said that I "toss around terms like 'the left' rather freely." I just searched all of my posts and found 54 hits for those words, but the only times that I used the term "the left" in the political context were both regarding In-N-Out in this thread. You, yourself, have 113 hits for those words. You also have 887 hits on Republican*. I did not care to drill into the threads past the rough searches, but I'm pretty sure that many more than 2 are disparaging generalizations.
You're correct that I should have said. "you're tossing around the term 'the left' rather freely." But I think that if you dig into my posts, you'll find that most of my references are to "Congressional Republicans."
Nope. I was actually surprised that 52 of your posts contained that phrase. I didn't think you made the qualification that often. Subtract that from the 888 hits on Republican* and you have a rough number of 1 in 16 mentions that you make the qualification.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

flockofseagulls104

#78 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:16 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:For someone who gets upset about overbroad descriptions of "Republicans," you toss around terms like "the left" rather freely.

You're correct that I should have said. "you're tossing around the term 'the left' rather freely." But I think that if you dig into my posts, you'll find that most of my references are to "Congressional Republicans." --Bob
bob-tel, don't worry about whether you use 'republican' or 'congressional republican'. Whatever words you use, we know you mean every person who isn't a liberal democrat like you. It's the only group you are free to mock, disparage and hate according to PC rules.

Well, white men and Christians, too. But they generally come under the 'republican' category anyway.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#79 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:36 am

I'm kind of surprised that no one picked up on the New York Times expose on the Trump financial house of cards, but it looks like it caught the interest of New York State authorities:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/02/new-yor ... ticle.html
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#80 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:23 am

silverscreenselect wrote:I'm kind of surprised that no one picked up on the New York Times expose on the Trump financial house of cards, but it looks like it caught the interest of New York State authorities:

more garbage from the NYT.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#81 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:07 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:I'm kind of surprised that no one picked up on the New York Times expose on the Trump financial house of cards, but it looks like it caught the interest of New York State authorities:

You're not interested in actual evidence that Donny committed tax fraud? Why does that not surprise me. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#82 Post by BackInTex » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:05 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

You're not interested in actual evidence that Donny committed tax fraud? Why does that not surprise me. --Bob

What about the actual evidence he did not commit tax fraud?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#83 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:10 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

He's already worse than Hitler. Why worry about his taxes?

silverscreenselect

#84 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:28 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Maybe because being worse than Hitler won't result in any criminal or civil liability while committing tax fraud could well do so.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#85 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:57 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

That would start with his tax returns, which he refuses to release. I guess now we know one of the reasons why. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#86 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:22 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:You're not interested in actual evidence that Donny committed tax fraud? Why does that not surprise me. --Bob
Maybe because being worse than Hitler won't result in any criminal or civil liability while committing tax fraud could well do so.
Don't worry, they're constantly looking for it. When they find something, they'll let us know.
I heard that Mueller is letting lawyers go. Maybe he'll let us know what he found in the next few years or so.

BackInTex

#87 Post by BackInTex » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:27 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
That would start with his tax returns, which he refuses to release. I guess now we know one of the reasons why. --Bob
No. He said he didn't. And that was corroborated by his attorney.

It was enough for you that Ford said she was assaulted. We have twice as much evidence Trump did not commit tax fraud: Trump AND his attorney.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#88 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:38 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

It was enough for you that Ford said she was assaulted. We have twice as much evidence Trump did not commit tax fraud: Trump AND his attorney.
It was enough for me that she credibly said she was assaulted to call for a full and fair investigation. If we get to see the FBI report, we'll know whether the investigation we actually got was full and fair. If the Republicans want to hide it from public view, that's a pretty strong indicator that it's nothing more than a fig leaf. It's certainly not encouraging that the FBI spoke to neither Dr. Blasey Ford nor Judge Kavanaugh.

We already know that Donny is a liar (so his statements aren't credible) and we already know that he hires attorneys who are willing to commit crimes on his behalf (so their statements aren't credible either). In any event, these allegations certainly deserve an investigation, starting with his tax returns. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#89 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:54 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:That would start with his tax returns, which he refuses to release. I guess now we know one of the reasons why. --Bob

It was enough for me that she credibly said she was assaulted to call for a full and fair investigation. If we get to see the FBI report, we'll know whether the investigation we actually got was full and fair. If the Republicans want to hide it from public view, that's a pretty strong indicator that it's nothing more than a fig leaf. It's certainly not encouraging that the FBI spoke to neither Dr. Blasey Ford nor Judge Kavanaugh.

We already know that Donny is a liar (so his statements aren't credible) and we already know that he hires attorneys who are willing to commit crimes on his behalf (so their statements aren't credible either). In any event, these allegations certainly deserve an investigation, starting with his tax returns. --Bob
Her credibility is dwindling away as some actual journalists are investigating her.

Did the batphone say for everyone to emphasize 'credible' and 'serious charges'? All of the people I suspect have batphones always make sure they use those exact words when talking about Dr. Ford and her accusations. Just sayin.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BackInTex

#90 Post by BackInTex » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:57 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Her credibility is dwindling away as some actual journalists are investigating her.
And THAT is why the NYT decided to publish their IRS "scandal" articles that were scheduled to be published closer to election day: Diversion

"Look over here NOW!"
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#91 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:07 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Her credibility is dwindling away as some actual journalists are investigating her.

Did the batphone say for everyone to emphasize 'credible' and 'serious charges'? All of the people I suspect have batphones always make sure they use those exact words when talking about Dr. Ford and her accusations. Just sayin.
If by that you mean the mud has begun to fly against her, that's to be expected. In a world where a sitting United States Senator can still publicize the alleged sexual habits of someone claiming to be a witness to multiple sexual assaults (as though the witness's sexual habits have anything to do with the credibility of her testimony), it's not surprising that partisans will attempt to distract from the lack of a full and fair FBI investigation by tossing out there anything anyone is willing to say against the chief complaining witness.

You can, however, stop wondering why women would be just a tad reluctant to air charges of this nature. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#92 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:13 pm

You may be the first person to refer to the writers at PJ Media as actual journalists.

jarnon

#93 Post by jarnon » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:17 pm

Bob78164 wrote:If we get to see the FBI report, we'll know whether the investigation we actually got was full and fair. If the Republicans want to hide it from public view, that's a pretty strong indicator that it's nothing more than a fig leaf.
Having been through almost as many background investigations as Kavanaugh, I hope the report isn't made public. These reports contain a lot of personal information that's none of the public's business. Also, witnesses are more forthcoming if what they say is kept confidential. That's true generally, and even more so when everyone involved is getting death threats.

As I keep repeating, the FBI investigation will include whatever the undecided Senators need to know. We'll get an idea of the result from what they say and how they vote.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#94 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:20 pm

jarnon wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:If we get to see the FBI report, we'll know whether the investigation we actually got was full and fair. If the Republicans want to hide it from public view, that's a pretty strong indicator that it's nothing more than a fig leaf.
Having been through almost as many background investigations as Kavanaugh, I hope the report isn't made public. These reports contain a lot of personal information that's none of the public's business. Also, witnesses are more forthcoming if what they say is kept confidential. That's true generally, and even more so when everyone involved is getting death threats.

As I keep repeating, the FBI investigation will include whatever the undecided Senators need to know. We'll get an idea of the result from what they say and how they vote.
I can understand that, but given the need to evaluate how our Senators are doing their jobs, I think it's very important that, at a minimum, some kind of summary needs to be provided to the public, and I think it needs to come from the FBI. We need to know whom the FBI did and didn't talk to and we need to have some idea of what was said about the issues in dispute. --Bob

Bob Juch

#95 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:22 pm

jarnon wrote:

I highly doubt the FBI investigation will include whatever the undecided Senators need to know. They are not interviewing Ford nor Kavanaugh, nor many other witnesses.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#96 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:33 pm

Bob Juch wrote: I highly doubt the FBI investigation will include whatever the undecided Senators need to know.
It's going to depend on whether Flake et al wanted a real investigation or the appearance of an investigation.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#97 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:43 pm

And so it starts again. Y'all are funny guys. Funny.
Well, then

tlynn78

#98 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:02 pm

BackInTex wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: Her credibility is dwindling away as some actual journalists are investigating her.
And THAT is why the NYT decided to publish their IRS "scandal" articles that were scheduled to be published closer to election day: Diversion

"Look over here NOW!"
Right? When's the last time you heard about children being ripped from the loving arms of their parents?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#99 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:05 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

"Look over here NOW!"
Right? When's the last time you heard about children being ripped from the loving arms of their parents?
They'll get back to it.

flockofseagulls104

#100 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:12 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:It was enough for me that she credibly said she was assaulted to call for a full and fair investigation. If we get to see the FBI report, we'll know whether the investigation we actually got was full and fair. If the Republicans want to hide it from public view, that's a pretty strong indicator that it's nothing more than a fig leaf. It's certainly not encouraging that the FBI spoke to neither Dr. Blasey Ford nor Judge Kavanaugh.

If by that you mean the mud has begun to fly against her, that's to be expected. In a world where a sitting United States Senator can still publicize the alleged sexual habits of someone claiming to be a witness to multiple sexual assaults (as though the witness's sexual habits have anything to do with the credibility of her testimony), it's not surprising that partisans will attempt to distract from the lack of a full and fair FBI investigation by tossing out there anything anyone is willing to say against the chief complaining witness.

You can, however, stop wondering why women would be just a tad reluctant to air charges of this nature. --Bob
When did the mud start to fly against Kavanaugh, bob-tel? Just when he was about to be recommended by the Judicial Committee? But that's right. Democrats are always on the side of truth, justice and the American way, while the repubs are all evil. This is a world where United States Senators can use the sexual assault of a woman as a political tool and people like you believe it's a good thing.
Now we're at a 'full and fair' investigation? 7 aren't enough?

bob-tel, your one-sided, partisan moral outrage is really getting maudlin.