Orange "new post" link

Please make your requests for technical or aesthetic changes here.
tanstaafl2

Orange "new post" link

#1 Post by tanstaafl2 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:09 pm

Seems to be a hit or miss proposition at the moment. Worked OK yesterday and earlier today but not so much lately.

Is that just me or are others experiencing that?
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

Bob Juch

Re: Orange "new post" link

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:16 pm

tanstaafl2 wrote:Seems to be a hit or miss proposition at the moment. Worked OK yesterday and earlier today but not so much lately.

Is that just me or are others experiencing that?
It usually takes me to the wrong place.

tubadave
Official Bored Breaker/Fixer

#3 Post by tubadave » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:22 pm

I haven't noticed any problems at all with the New Post indicators or the links. I'll keep an eye open though. Incidentally, are you guys using OS platforms or web browsers that differ from the usual (Windows, IE, Firefox, etc.)?

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:24 pm

tubadave wrote:I haven't noticed any problems at all with the New Post indicators or the links. I'll keep an eye open though. Incidentally, are you guys using OS platforms or web browsers that differ from the usual (Windows, IE, Firefox, etc.)?
Nope, it works right on the other two boards.

TheConfessor

#5 Post by TheConfessor » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:35 pm

Yesterday the little orange icon took me directly to the first unread post in a thread. Today it just takes me to the first post in the thread. So it's not just you.

tanstaafl2

#6 Post by tanstaafl2 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:40 pm

tubadave wrote:I haven't noticed any problems at all with the New Post indicators or the links. I'll keep an eye open though. Incidentally, are you guys using OS platforms or web browsers that differ from the usual (Windows, IE, Firefox, etc.)?
I use garden variety IE. Worked initially but not today. Not sure about now as I haven't checked this evening.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

tanstaafl2

#7 Post by tanstaafl2 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:57 pm

Seems to be working again. Might be the difference between the home and work computer.
~Mark Twain

~tanstaafl2

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#8 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:15 pm

I haven't had any problems with the orange buttons, though I did at times on Bob's bored. (I am using IE 7.)