Google as a stalker

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
themanintheseersuckersuit

Google as a stalker

#1 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:35 pm

I'm glad there are no ads here. I researched a kitchen item online and the bought one. Google knows I was interested but not that I already made a purchase. Now there is an ad for the item on every page. It's like a deranged salesman I can't tell that I am no longer interested. Glad it wasn't something that I be embarrassed about .
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

TheConfessor

Re: Google as a stalker

#2 Post by TheConfessor » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:36 pm

You're just noticing that phenomenon? I see it many times each day. Several years ago I did a quick Google search to learn the official dimensions of a baseball home plate. For weeks, I kept seeing ads from The Sports Authority trying to sell me a home plate.

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:19 pm

I use AdBlock Plus (www.adblockplus.org) and don't see any.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Sistine Fanny
Underground Artiste

#4 Post by Sistine Fanny » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:30 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:I'm glad there are no ads here. I researched a kitchen item online and the bought one. Google knows I was interested but not that I already made a purchase. Now there is an ad for the item on every page. It's like a deranged salesman I can't tell that I am no longer interested. Glad it wasn't something that I be embarrassed about .
Does this mean that you finally treated yourself and got that Nanner Slicer that you've had your heart set on for how long now?

Yay!!!!!11
It's the Final Countdown.....

SpacemanSpiff

#5 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:37 am

Sistine Fanny wrote:
themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:I'm glad there are no ads here. I researched a kitchen item online and the bought one. Google knows I was interested but not that I already made a purchase. Now there is an ad for the item on every page. It's like a deranged salesman I can't tell that I am no longer interested. Glad it wasn't something that I be embarrassed about .
Does this mean that you finally treated yourself and got that Nanner Slicer that you've had your heart set on for how long now?

Yay!!!!!11
It slices!!! It dices!!! It juliennes!!!
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#6 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:10 am

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Sistine Fanny wrote:

Yay!!!!!11

Who wouldn't want one of them?

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

SpacemanSpiff

#7 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:13 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Sistine Fanny wrote:

Yay!!!!!11

lb13
But wait! There's more!!!
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

a1mamacat

#8 Post by a1mamacat » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:19 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Sistine Fanny wrote:

Yay!!!!!11

lb13

AWESOME!

Found it!
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

jarnon

#9 Post by jarnon » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:58 am

That's the price you pay for free searching, e-mail and so on. But Google crossed the line when it collected info on people who weren't even using their site, just using wireless Internet in their own homes:
Google to Pay $7 Million Fine for Street View Privacy Breach

The fine equals the amount profit for Google Inc. makes in six hours.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Sistine Fanny
Underground Artiste

#10 Post by Sistine Fanny » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:12 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Sistine Fanny wrote:

Yay!!!!!11

lb13
I had so many questions and was about to pull out the worm hammer when I realized those weren't radishes and everything became clear....

Slicin' 'n Dicin' with Erin would be a great companion show to Nadia G's Bitchin' Kitchen. Maybe she could get Slap Chop to sponsor it.....
It's the Final Countdown.....

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#11 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:47 am

Sistine Fanny wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote: It slices!!! It dices!!! It juliennes!!!

lb13
I had so many questions and was about to pull out the worm hammer when I realized those weren't radishes and everything became clear....

Slicin' 'n Dicin' with Erin would be a great companion show to Nadia G's Bitchin' Kitchen. Maybe she could get Slap Chop to sponsor it.....

LOL! This was indeed a kind of follow-up avatar to the mini birthday one. I'm sure Slap Chop would love to sponsor Slicin' 'n Dicin' with Erin, but Vince better keep his nuts off the table...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Vince the Shamwow Guy
Merry Man

#12 Post by Vince the Shamwow Guy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:59 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Sistine Fanny wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

LOL! This was indeed a kind of follow-up avatar to the mini birthday one. I'm sure Slap Chop would love to sponsor Slicin' 'n Dicin' with Erin, but Vince better keep his nuts off the table...

lb13
I approve of this avatar--no need to shout when you have this nifty headset microphone!!

(And mini loves it, too!)
Wowwwwwwwwwww

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#13 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:16 am

Vince the Shamwow Guy wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
Sistine Fanny wrote:

lb13
I approve of this avatar--no need to shout when you have this nifty headset microphone!!

(And mini loves it, too!)

You still sound terrible from the drive thru speaker, though....

lb13