Transcript 02/05/13 Tracey Woolley

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 02/05/13 Tracey Woolley

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:05 pm

Tracey Woolley
Henderson, NV

Meredith said Tracey calls herself the real-life Dr. Dolittle and let Tracey explain.

Tracey: OK, I personally believe that every animal really wants to interact with us as humans. So when you are in the park and a squirrel comes up and you assume "Oh, he wants part of my doughnut or a peanut or whatever", no, he really wants to have a conversation with you. He wants to tell you about his awful day or tell you about his wife or whatever.
Mere: OK
Tracey: But we immediately just go "Oooh, peanut" and then we look away. He's not stupid, he'll take the peanut and go, but he was really hoping to be like "Oh, my gosh, my morning, my mother"
Meredith: So then do you take the time to talk to the animal?
Tracey: I do
Meredith: So what, give me an example of a conversation, the most recent one you've had with an animal
Tracey: A squirrel
Meredith: A squirrel...OK
Tracey: There's where a friend of mine lives in Brooklyn. There's like a squirrel that I see every morning, and I will look for him, and be like "Oh, there's my little friend."
Meredith: And you know it's the same squirrel since they tend to look similar. (audience laugh)
Tracey: Well, that's true. But this one always seems to come out when I'm there. So I think we have this simpatico. It's just like "Hi, what are you doing" and this one looks at me and I know he's trying to convey something but depending on how much time I have I really don't know. Just this morning it was "Hey, good luck" and I was like "Thanks." (audience laugh)
Meredith: Maybe he's trying to say "Nuts, like you're nuts." (laugh) I totally relate; my mother used to have Booboo the squirrel. I kid you not. Every day she would call for Booboo the squirrel.
Tracey: And would he show up?
Meredith: We had to move a lot, because people (laughter) no, he did show up. He really did. And I love animals too. So I'm on your team, Tracey.
Tracey: So next time you see a squirrel come to you in a park
Meredith: I will say something.
Tracey: There you go
Meredith: For sure, all right (goes on to the game)

Topic Tree (pre-randomized):
10 Accented TV
9 In Remembrance
8 Island Treasures
7 Wocka Wocka
6 Three and Out
5 On Cloud Nine
4 Kindred Spirits
3 Government Goods
2 State Songs
1 It Goes With Everything

Topic Tree: (Randomized, at first shown *very* briefly)
2 State Songs
3 Government Goods
8 Island Treasures
6 Three and Out
5 On Cloud Nine
10 Accented TV
9 In Remembrance
7 Wocka Wocka
4 Kindred Spirits

Question 1 - Level 4 Kindred Spirits
Exploring the relationships between humans and animals, the 1877 bestseller "Black Beauty" was a forerunner to what children's lit genre?
A. Pony Books B. Puppy Books
C. Lamb Books D. Kitty Books

(slight audience reaction to first question being about animals)
Mere said glad to get the animal question and Tracey said that's kind of nice.
Spoiler
Tracey figured it out based on Black Beauty being a pony.
Answer and value
A. Pony Books
Value: $1000
Bank: $1000
Question 2 - Level 7 Wocka Wocka
In the classic Ms. Pac-Man video game, all of the bonus items that Ms. Pac-Man could eat were fruit except for what?
A. Ice cream cones B. Pizza slices
C. Lollipops D. Pretzels

JTQ 1
Tracey: I was never good at video games, the ghosts ate me every time... I don't know this answer, and I know there's going to be many people thinking I'm a doofus for not knowing it.
Answer and value
D. Pretzels
Value: $2000 jumped
Question 3 - Level 1 It Goes With Everything
Horrendous smell not included, Tom Ford made news when he designed a $1,660 purse made from what animal's fur?
A. Mink B. Red fox
C. Chinchilla D. Skunk
Spoiler
Tracey said she knows a chinchilla has a protective smelly sac but people would be more excited that he made a purse out of a skunk.
Answer and value
D. Skunk
Value: $10K
Bank: $11K

Question 4 - Level 9 In Remembrance
On learning of the 2012 death of director Nora Ephron, who said, "Being her Harry to Meg's Sally will always have a special place in my heart"?
A. Billy Crystal B. Tom Hanks
C. Alec Baldwin D. Bill Murray
Answer and value
A. Billy Crystal
Value: $15K!
Bank: $26K
Commercial break

Mere mentioned that in addition to being an animal lover, Tracey is a theater stage manager.

Question 5 - Level 10 Accented TV
With expressions like "forklift foot" and "vajiggle jaggle", what reality series often provides subtitles, even though the show's stars speak English?
A. Yukon Man B. Storage Wars
C. Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo D. American Pickers
Spoiler
Laughing, Tracey said maybe she should not admit it on TV but she actually watches this show.
Answer and value
C. Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo
Value: $7000
Bank: $33K

Question 6 - Level 5 On Cloud Nine
A result of relationship bliss, Fitness Magazine reported that women put on average of 9 pounds over five years, a period called what?
A. The Single Slump B. The Newlywed Spread
C. The Menopause Extension D. The Retirement Gain
Answer and value
B. The Newlywed Spread
Value: $5000
Bank: $38K
Question 7 - Level 6 Three and Out
According to the Oxford English Dictionary, which of the following numeric series does not continue with a fourth word?
A. Primary, secondary, tertiary B. Firstly, secondly, thirdly
C. Once, twice, thrice D. Single, double, triple
Spoiler
Tracey tried to figure it out mentioning she can't think of a fourth word for A, "four times?" for C, fourthly for B and quadruple for D.
Tracey said she does not know for certain and would AtA.
ATA
A-32% B-6% C-61% D-1%
Answer and value
C. Once, twice, thrice
Value: $3000
Bank: $41K

Question 8 - Level 8 Island Treasures
On which of these islands would you find signs that instruct visitors not to touch the moai?
A. Madagascar B. Aruba
C. Easter Island D. Crete
JTQ 2
Reasoning: Aruba the language is Dutch and that does not look like a Dutch word, Crete is Greek does not sound like that, Easter Island??? Decided she does not know and would jump.
Answer and value
C. Easter Island
Value: $100 jumped

Question 9- Level 3 Government Goods
Released in 2012, The Zombush and Baracula were toys featured in a limited edition collection with what name?
A. Presidential Motor Vehicles B. Presidential Monsters
C. Presidential Pets D. Presidential Siblings

Answer and value
B. Presidential Monsters
Value: $25K
Bank: $66K
Question 10 - Level 2 State Songs
"It was Brigham Young who led the pioneers across the plains" is a line from the official song of what U.S. state?
A. Utah B. Idaho
C. Kentucky D. Oklahoma
Spoiler
Tracey said she does have certain knowledge of this as she did go to that university.
Answer and value
A. Utah
Value: known to be $500
Bank: $66500
Tracey is now in round two.
Mere asked what the $66K means to Tracey.
Tracey is in the theatre, that is her passion, and this is the chance for her to provide opportunities for people she feels are very talented.

Question 11 - $100K
Both a book and a film, which of the following has won a Pulitzer Prize and an Oscar for Best Picture?
A. Gone With the Wind B. The Age of Innocence
C. The English Patient D. To Kill a Mockingbird

Spoiler
Gone with the Wind she is not sure won a Pulitzer Prize as it is big drama, Civil War and all of that
The Age of Innocence , not sure if it won a Pulitzer Prize
English Patient, great movie, did not read the book
TKAM, seemed to be most influential, not sure if it won a Pulitzer Prize. Walk.
Answer
A. Gone With the Wind

Tracey walked with $66500

Flashback question
The "Tip n' Strip" is a titillating novelty version of a what?
A. Ruler B. Paper Weight
C. Pen D. Eraser
Flashback answer
C. Pen

MarleysGh0st

Re: Transcript 02/05/13 Tracey Woolley

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:22 pm

I hope ES reads this transcript thread and honors today's transcriber with a special avatar, to honor his work in capturing all the details of the opening banter segment! :lol:

jarnon

#3 Post by jarnon » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:02 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Tracey Woolley
Henderson, NV
Theater stage manager and squirrel whisperer
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Topic Tree (pre-randomized):
10 Accented TV
9 In Remembrance
8 Island Treasures
7 Wocka Wocka
6 Three and Out
5 On Cloud Nine
4 Kindred Spirits
3 Government Goods
2 State Songs
Certainly not in order of difficulty.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Question 7 - Level 6 Three and Out
According to the Oxford English Dictionary, which of the following numeric series does not continue with a fourth word?
Spoiler
Tracey tried to figure it out mentioning she can't think of a fourth word for A, "four times?" for C, fourthly for B and quadruple for D.
ATA
A-32% B-6% C-61% D-1%
Answer and value
C. Once, twice, thrice
OED wrote:The sequence continues with quaternary, quinary, senary, septenary, octonary, nonary, and denary, although most of these terms are rarely used. There's no word relating to the number eleven but there is one that relates to the number twelve: duodenary.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

christie1111
11:11

#4 Post by christie1111 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:06 pm

OMG!

I don't usually read the transcript threads anymore either. But thanks Marley for pointing this one out.

Too funny!
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#5 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:48 pm

Question 2 - Level 7 Wocka Wocka
In the classic Ms. Pac-Man video game, all of the bonus items that Ms. Pac-Man could eat were fruit except for what?
A. Ice cream cones B. Pizza slices
C. Lollipops D. Pretzels

JTQ 1
Tracey: I was never good at video games, the ghosts ate me every time... I don't know this answer, and I know there's going to be many people thinking I'm a doofus for not knowing it.
Answer and value
D. Pretzels
Value: $2000 jumped
I never played Ms. Pac-Man. Let's pretend ATA gets it.
Question 5 - Level 10 Accented TV
With expressions like "forklift foot" and "vajiggle jaggle", what reality series often provides subtitles, even though the show's stars speak English?
A. Yukon Man B. Storage Wars
C. Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo D. American Pickers
Spoiler
Laughing, Tracey said maybe she should not admit it on TV but she actually watches this show.
Answer and value
C. Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo
Value: $7000
Bank: $33K
I've watched this show something like 10 minutes total, and I really like the subtitles.
Question 7 - Level 6 Three and Out
Spoiler
ATA
A-32% B-6% C-61% D-1%
Answer and value
C. Once, twice, thrice
Lessee -- primary, secondary, tertiary, quaternary. Firstly, secondly, thirdly, fourthly. Once, twice, thrice, frice. Uh, no. Single, double, triple, quadruple. C, final answer.
Question 8 - Level 8 Island Treasures
On which of these islands would you find signs that instruct visitors not to touch the moai?
A. Madagascar B. Aruba
C. Easter Island D. Crete
JTQ 2
Reasoning: Aruba the language is Dutch and that does not look like a Dutch word, Crete is Greek does not sound like that, Easter Island??? Decided she does not know and would jump.
Answer and value
C. Easter Island
Value: $100 jumped
Pretty sure I learned this right here ON THIS VERY BOARD. C, final answer.
Question 11 - $100K
Both a book and a film, which of the following has won a Pulitzer Prize and an Oscar for Best Picture?
A. Gone With the Wind B. The Age of Innocence
C. The English Patient D. To Kill a Mockingbird

Spoiler
Gone with the Wind she is not sure won a Pulitzer Prize as it is big drama, Civil War and all of that
The Age of Innocence , not sure if it won a Pulitzer Prize
English Patient, great movie, did not read the book
TKAM, seemed to be most influential, not sure if it won a Pulitzer Prize. Walk.
Answer
A. Gone With the Wind
I would have agonized over this, then JTQ.

At least I'm into the second tier.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Sistine Fanny
Underground Artiste

#6 Post by Sistine Fanny » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:56 pm

So she has no problem with freely telling anybody and everybody that she thinks squirrels talk to her, but she doesn't want to admit that she watches HCBB?????

Get your priorities straight, woman.....

Meanwhile, English Patient. Grrrrrrr, don't remind me.....

That pile of dreck is tied with Forrest Gump for the dubious honour of being the most undeserving recipient of the Best Movie Oscar ever!

"But, Fanny (you might say), "what about Shakespeare in Love?"

Glad you asked! That is saved (but just barely) through the combined efforts of Rupert Everett and Ben Affleck. Yes, Ben Affleck! Who would have thought at that point in time that he would be such a fantastic Mercutio?

"But, Fanny (you might say again, just to be annoying), "I get the Rupert and Ben thing, but what about Geoffrey Rush?"

Great question! Geoffrey Rush did indeed give an excellent performance in the best movie of the year! Which wasn't Shakespeare in Love.....
It's the Final Countdown.....

hanzz

#7 Post by hanzz » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:03 am

$100k you can narrow down to two (GWtW and TEP) if you know your Best Pictures. I have a JTQ in my pocket, though, but I'd be really tempted to save it. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I would have gone with TEP on the basis of GWtW being the too-obvious answer.
In this town, don't we love it now, everbody's waiting for the next surprise!

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#8 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:37 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:I hope ES reads this transcript thread and honors today's transcriber with a special avatar, to honor his work in capturing all the details of the opening banter segment! :lol:

Thanks Marley! I'd have hated to miss this....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#9 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:16 am

I'd have burned ATA on the Honey Boo Boo question but if the audience came through, I'd be looking at the $100,000 question with both jumps left. But like many, I might well have gone with The English Patient because I was sure that Gone with the Wind didn't win a Pulitzer. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Appa23

#10 Post by Appa23 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:39 pm

Sistine Fanny wrote: Meanwhile, English Patient. Grrrrrrr, don't remind me.....

That pile of dreck is tied with Forrest Gump for the dubious honour of being the most undeserving recipient of the Best Movie Oscar ever!

Glad you asked! That is saved (but just barely) through the combined efforts of Rupert Everett and Ben Affleck. Yes, Ben Affleck! Who would have thought at that point in time that he would be such a fantastic Mercutio?

"But, Fanny (you might say again, just to be annoying), "I get the Rupert and Ben thing, but what about Geoffrey Rush?"

Great question! Geoffrey Rush did indeed give an excellent performance in the best movie of the year! Which wasn't Shakespeare in Love.....
I didn't realize that Rush was in "Saving Private Ryan".

I have not seen "The English Patient", but there is no way that it is worse than "Titanic", which is only saved from being the worst "alleged Great Movie" ever by another Cameron abomination -- "Avatar".

I agree that Forrest Gump should have lost to Shawshank Redemption, but it still was a very good movie.

elwoodblues

#11 Post by elwoodblues » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:56 pm

Shakespeare In Love was okay, but Saving Private Ryan was considered important enough to be aired unedited on network TV despite content that would ordinarily be edited. The only other movie I know of that received this treatment was Schindler's List.

It also bothered me that they gave Judi Dench an Oscar for her cameo appearance in Shakespeare In Love. Fanny may remember how I expressed this in a past Decades game:
Spoiler
She was on screen for less time than it takes me to take a dump.
But the worst picture to be nominated for Best Picture is still Moulin Rouge.

tlynn78

#12 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:21 pm

Appa23 wrote:
Sistine Fanny wrote: Meanwhile, English Patient. Grrrrrrr, don't remind me.....

I didn't realize that Rush was in "Saving Private Ryan".

I have not seen "The English Patient", but there is no way that it is worse than "Titanic", which is only saved from being the worst "alleged Great Movie" ever by another Cameron abomination -- "Avatar".

I agree that Forrest Gump should have lost to Shawshank Redemption, but it still was a very good movie.

The English Patient was horrific. The only film I almost walked out of, that I can remember. Then there is the one I did walk out of, although not soon enough to unsee most of it: The Thousand Acres. (at least it didn't win an Oscar, that I know of).

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

a1mamacat

#13 Post by a1mamacat » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:20 pm

But, Fanny...

:lol:
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

a1mamacat

#14 Post by a1mamacat » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:24 pm

Tracey Woolley
Henderson, NV

Meredith said Tracey calls herself the real-life Dr. Dolittle and let Tracey explain.

Tracey: OK, I personally believe that every animal really wants to interact with us as humans. So when you are in the park and a squirrel comes up and you assume "Oh, he wants part of my doughnut or a peanut or whatever", no, he really wants to have a conversation with you. He wants to tell you about his awful day or tell you about his wife or whatever.
Mere: OK
Tracey: But we immediately just go "Oooh, peanut" and then we look away. He's not stupid, he'll take the peanut and go, but he was really hoping to be like "Oh, my gosh, my morning, my mother"
Meredith: So then do you take the time to talk to the animal?
Tracey: I do
Meredith: So what, give me an example of a conversation, the most recent one you've had with an animal
Tracey: A squirrel
Meredith: A squirrel...OK
Tracey: There's where a friend of mine lives in Brooklyn. There's like a squirrel that I see every morning, and I will look for him, and be like "Oh, there's my little friend."
Meredith: And you know it's the same squirrel since they tend to look similar. (audience laugh)
Tracey: Well, that's true. But this one always seems to come out when I'm there. So I think we have this simpatico. It's just like "Hi, what are you doing" and this one looks at me and I know he's trying to convey something but depending on how much time I have I really don't know. Just this morning it was "Hey, good luck" and I was like "Thanks." (audience laugh)
Meredith: Maybe he's trying to say "Nuts, like you're nuts." (laugh) I totally relate; my mother used to have Booboo the squirrel. I kid you not. Every day she would call for Booboo the squirrel.
Tracey: And would he show up?
Meredith: We had to move a lot, because people (laughter) no, he did show up. He really did. And I love animals too. So I'm on your team, Tracey.
Tracey: So next time you see a squirrel come to you in a park
Meredith: I will say something.
Tracey: There you go
Meredith: For sure, all right (goes on to the game

There MUST be a way for Beast to Immortalize this visual. Contestant, with ES sitting on her shoulder while he is oogling Meredith
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Sistine Fanny
Underground Artiste

#15 Post by Sistine Fanny » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:15 pm

a1mamacat wrote:But, Fanny...

:lol:
Ha!

Like Mama always said, if you're going to do something, do it well....

Sistine Fanny
Underground Artiste

#16 Post by Sistine Fanny » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:27 pm

elwoodblues wrote:Shakespeare In Love was okay, but Saving Private Ryan was considered important enough to be aired unedited on network TV despite content that would ordinarily be edited. The only other movie I know of that received this treatment was Schindler's List.

It also bothered me that they gave Judi Dench an Oscar for her cameo appearance in Shakespeare In Love. Fanny may remember how I expressed this in a past Decades game:
Spoiler
She was on screen for less time than it takes me to take a dump.
But the worst picture to be nominated for Best Picture is still Moulin Rouge.
Of course I remember that, it got you an extra I Time My Dumps by Judi Dench point as well!

I'm not sure those two were the only ones to be broadcast unedited, I think it was more that they were aired without commercial interruption. The only part of SPR that I saw was the Normandy part, which was powerful. But I still don't think it deserved Best Picture that year because, while Steven Spielberg is big on emotional content as well as technical impact, he's not so much on the story. I couldn't even imagine enjoying it with such a contrived story. Like the US Army gave two shits about how many sons somebody had left, much less dispatching somebody specifically to hunt him down. They sure didn't care that my great uncle was my great-grandparents' only son when they sent him out with faulty equipment so he could be shot down over Formosa at 24 years of age.....

But I digress. Elizabeth was pure perfection, from the script to the direction to the entire cast. Cate Blanchett OWNED that role and made me (who has been quite a student of that time period for a vast number of years) look at Elizabeth I and her Era in a way that I never had before.

Shakespeare in Love was nice little movie, but no way did it deserve to win over either of those, much less Gwyneth Paltrow???? Really???? Did the Weinsteins have that much of a make good coming to them? It was miles better than The English Patient, though, I've actually watched it more than once. Plus it wins the Hottest Fiennes Brother category, although Ralph might have aged better. Joseph looked pretty rough in American Horror Story (but then again, I think he was supposed to look that way)....

And Forrest Gump is an okay movie, too. Unlike The English Patient, it's not because it's dreck that it's tied. The category is most undeserved, not the worst. Undeserved is not a constant from year to year, it depends on what it beat (or what wasn't even nominated).

You might be right about Moulin Rouge. I saw it, it was kind of blah...okay (which is usually not the emotion that Ewan McGregor stirs in me) but I'd have to really look at all of the nominees, there have been some real clunkers among the nominated over the years......

RDelo5
Merry Man

#17 Post by RDelo5 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:53 pm

Sistine Fanny wrote:Shakespeare in Love was nice little movie, but no way did it deserve to win over either of those, much less Gwyneth Paltrow???? Really????

The English Patient sucks!

Sistine Fanny
Underground Artiste

#18 Post by Sistine Fanny » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:09 am

RDelo5 wrote:
Sistine Fanny wrote:Shakespeare in Love was nice little movie, but no way did it deserve to win over either of those, much less Gwyneth Paltrow???? Really????

The English Patient sucks!
Yes, it does!

Although I don't recall Gwyneth Paltrow being in Shine......