top o' the mornin'®

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

top o' the mornin'®

#1 Post by earendel » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:51 am

Talk about meteorological whiplash - yesterday the high temperature was 70. By tonight it will be into the 30s and by Friday into the teens.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Bob Juch

Re: top o' the mornin'®

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:59 am

earendel wrote:Talk about meteorological whiplash - yesterday the high temperature was 70. By tonight it will be into the 30s and by Friday into the teens.
The high is Bismark will be -4. Consider yourself lucky.

Our low last night was in the 60s. It's supposed to be 76° today but only 54° tomorrow and 31° at night.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#3 Post by minimetoo26 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:00 am

Yup. Same here, and out at Virginia Tech. I'm predicting record truancy over there today...
Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used.

-Carl Sagan

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:28 am

Bob Juch wrote:
earendel wrote:Talk about meteorological whiplash - yesterday the high temperature was 70. By tonight it will be into the 30s and by Friday into the teens.

Our low last night was in the 60s. It's supposed to be 76° today but only 54° tomorrow and 31° at night.
It's not the temperature I mind, it's the temperature swing. If it would just go cold and stay cold, or get warm and stay warm I wouldn't object.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

kusch

#5 Post by kusch » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:36 am

I feel so sorry for you. :mrgreen:

Our high today -9 and low -24. Tomorrow the high will be -13 and low -20. And you know what? It really isn't that bad. :lol:

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:03 am

kusch wrote:

Our high today -9 and low -24. Tomorrow the high will be -13 and low -20. And you know what? It really isn't that bad. :lol:
How many hand warmers do you put in your shorts when you go outside? :shock:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#7 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:21 am

kusch wrote:

I'll bet that's still a three squirrel night....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

a1mamacat

#8 Post by a1mamacat » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:39 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
kusch wrote:

lb13

Found it.

It will win!
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

christie1111
11:11

#9 Post by christie1111 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:40 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
kusch wrote:

lb13
Great one LB!
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

kusch

#10 Post by kusch » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:33 am

earendel wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

It's not the temperature I mind, it's the temperature swing. If it would just go cold and stay cold, or get warm and stay warm I wouldn't object.
We will have somewhat of a swing this weekend. Right now it is -20 with wind chill of -47. We will come close to 30 above on Saturday or Sunday. One can only hope.

christie1111

#11 Post by christie1111 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:44 am

We had hurricane force winds here last night. About 1,000 people are without power in our town. Luckily ours is not one of them. It was 52 according to the car this morning but expected to be back near 30 tonight/tomorrow.

minimetoo26

#12 Post by minimetoo26 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:54 am

christie1111 wrote:We had hurricane force winds here last night. About 1,000 people are without power in our town. Luckily ours is not one of them. It was 52 according to the car this morning but expected to be back near 30 tonight/tomorrow.

We lost power last night just when Steve had entered the information to get plane tickets using miles--for some reason First Class was cheaper than coach and the original dates he had looked at were snapped up so he didn't want to lose out. I had a load of clothes in the wash and if the power didn't come back Rain Man was going to have to wear the oldest, raggediest jeans he owned. But Steve ended up finishing the transaction using 3G and the power came back in time for me to dry at least one load, and I'm going to Hawaii this summer for cheap!! W00t!
Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used.

-Carl Sagan

christie1111

#13 Post by christie1111 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:44 am

minimetoo26 wrote:
christie1111 wrote:We had hurricane force winds here last night. About 1,000 people are without power in our town. Luckily ours is not one of them. It was 52 according to the car this morning but expected to be back near 30 tonight/tomorrow.

We lost power last night just when Steve had entered the information to get plane tickets using miles--for some reason First Class was cheaper than coach and the original dates he had looked at were snapped up so he didn't want to lose out. I had a load of clothes in the wash and if the power didn't come back Rain Man was going to have to wear the oldest, raggediest jeans he owned. But Steve ended up finishing the transaction using 3G and the power came back in time for me to dry at least one load, and I'm going to Hawaii this summer for cheap!! W00t!
Where you going? We are going to be on Oahu the weekend of May 25th for my neices wedding. We will staying about 2 weeks and are thinking about a trip to the Big Island during part of it.

Bob Juch

#14 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:45 am

No significant weather problems here; the front moved through so fast there was no flooding. Georgia got a bad hit though.

minimetoo26

#15 Post by minimetoo26 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:57 am

christie1111 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:

Where you going? We are going to be on Oahu the weekend of May 25th for my neices wedding. We will staying about 2 weeks and are thinking about a trip to the Big Island during part of it.
We fly into Honolulu but intend to spend the bulk of our two weeks on Kauai. We have to work around Mini-me's baseball tournament schedule and the possibility Stephen will have to go back to school early (he applied to be an RA) so we'll be there mid-July to early August. We just grabbed the flights from Phoenix while they were still cheap and will work out the details.

-Carl Sagan

christie1111

#16 Post by christie1111 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:10 pm

minimetoo26 wrote:
christie1111 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:

We fly into Honolulu but intend to spend the bulk of our two weeks on Kauai.
Great choice!

Kauai No Ka Oi!