Lyrically Speaking - 1/21/13

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
littlebeast13
Dumbass

Lyrically Speaking - 1/21/13

#1 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:52 am

It's that day everyone has been waiting for..... National Squirrel Appreciation Day!!!

First, a note about today's avatar. It will not win, and it is not necessarily representative of any endorsement of the artist for or against any particular football outcome. It is merely me admitting defeat, and doing my pennance for putting the Ravens in the Super Bowl. How can I take the credit for that, you ask, since I haven't played a down of football since high school PE class? A few weeks ago, I learned that Ray Lewis' noted seizure he has as he comes out of the tunnel on game day was called the Squirrel Dance... and I thought it would be cute to point that out with a post on my blog on the day after Lewis played his final game... along with the standard cheesy post title "Nevermore". Well, that pretty much assured Baltimore they would never be eliminated from postseason play... and that's exactly what happened. I apologize profusely to all Colts, Broncos, and Patriots fans out there. I do admit, though, MBRS looks pretty good in purple.... then again, what doesn't go well on her?

Oh, and it does happen to be the first day of the 2013 Lyrically Speaking Winter/Spring Extravaganza!!! How about that, two wonderful noteworthy things happening today! If you haven't read the official rules, now's the time to track them down! I hope you all enjoy this year's game, and I hope many of you play along with us this year! Don't worry if you're no good with music, Marley and DK have the basement well stocked with goodies!

Mondays this year will be Encore Mondays, meaning I have taken old ideas from past LSWE games and just switched up the songs. Today's game brings back the theme of spoken lyrics, which I originally used on 1/8/10. All of the snippets from songs below are spoken rather than sung. Can you talk out the answers today? Will you hug a squirrel? Do you think President Whatshisname will mention what an honor it is to be sworn in on Squirrel Day?

Ahhh, on with it. You know how to play! Good luck, and after the 2 week delay, let's finally kick this thing off!

1 point for the title, 1 point for the artist...

1. I'm a driver
I'm a winner
Things are gonna change I can feel it

2. You broke my heart
Cause I couldn't dance
You didn't even want me around
And now I'm back to let you know
I can really shake 'em down

3. And though my friends just might ask me
They say, Martin, maybe one day
You'll find true love
I say, maybe, there must be a solution
To the one thing, the one thing
We can't find

4. OK, Tokyo
South America, Australia
France, Germany, UK, Africa

5. Please operator
See what you can do
I dialed the right number
But I still couldn't get though
Would you just check the line
Just one more time if you can
I'm pretty sure my phone wouldn't be answered by no man

6. You know who you are
High fivin', talking shit
But you're going home alone, aren'tcha?

7. He sort of smiled and kissed me goodbye
The tears were beginning to show
As he drove away on that rainy night
I begged him to go slow
But whether he heard, I'll never know

8. Be quiet, big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry

9. Have you seen Junior's grades?

10. This is United States calling, are we reaching...?

11. Now wait a minute, y'all
This dance ain't for everybody
Only the sexy people
So all you fly mothers, get on out there and dance
Dance, I said!

12. This ain't no disco
This ain't no country club either,
This is L.A.

Kroxquo Bonus: Name another song with artist that contains spoken lyrics, and get a bonus point for giving a sample of the spoken lyrics from that song.

5 Point Bonus: The hit "song" Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) was a speech directed at the graduating class of what year?
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

mntetn

Re: Lyrically Speaking - 1/21/13

#2 Post by mntetn » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:45 am

Good to see the game ... and the Bored ... back!
2. Do You Love Me (now that I can dance), the Contours
5. Telephone Line, ELO
7. Leader of the Pack, the Shangri-Las
12. All I Wanna Do (is just have fun), Sheryl Crow
Blank WAG Big Bad John, Jimmy Dean for the rest
Krox: I Just Can't Stop Dancing, Archie Bell and the Drells
"Lemme put this hamburger down
I don't want no mouth
I wanna dance!"
Alt Krox (not for points) Leader of the Laundromat, the Detergents
"Dang it!"
5 pt bonus: 2000 (WAG)

Sistine Fanny
Underground Artiste

#3 Post by Sistine Fanny » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:58 am

Bonus points for being the first answer of LSWSE 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to boycott when I saw that horrible, phonied up avatar, but no sense cutting off my nose and all that. At least it's not Angel, my poor innocent sweetie certainly would be ignorant that she was wearing the jersey of human slime.....
Spoiler
1. I'm a driver
I'm a winner

Yippee, this is starting out great....

2. You broke my heart
Cause I couldn't dance

Do You Love Me? - The Contours

You'll find true love
We can't find

I Told You We'd Leave a Light on for You - Tom Bodette and the West Memphis Three

4. OK, Tokyo
South America, Australia

Dancing in the Street - Mick Jagger and David Bowie

5. Please operator
See what you can do

Mr. Telephone Man - New Edition

Ronnie, Bobby, Ricky and Mike!! I know, I've never gotten appropriate credit for still knowing their names, let alone in the correct order, but hope springs eternal.....

6. You know who you are

U and Ur Hand - Pink

Bonus points for "proper" spelling in the title! Taken away for unproper spelling of the artist!

I begged him to go slow

Leader of the Pack - Shangri-Las

Vroom, vroom! After I got my first tattoo (back when you'd only see them on sailors, bikers and tattooed whores and you got them from people named Lucky and Snake......)

Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry

I'm Not in Love - 10cc

I actually had to think about this a minute because Mr. Jaws kept going through my head....

Cradle Will Rock - Van Halen

You almost got me on this one, I wrote down Hot for Teacher just out of reflex and it kept clawing at me until the real song exploded in my head.....ha!

Only the sexy people
Dance, I said!

Push It - Salt n Pepa

12. This ain't no disco
This is L.A.

All I Wanna Do - Sheryl Crow

Kroxquo Bonus: Name another song with artist that contains spoken lyrics, and get a bonus point for giving a sample of the spoken lyrics from that song.

Ballroom Blitz - The Sweet

Are you ready, Steve? Uh-huh. Andy? Yeah. Mick? Okay. All right, fellas, let's goooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!111

5 Point Bonus: The hit "song" Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) was a speech directed at the graduating class of what year?

Crap. I'm almost positive it was the 80s so I have a 1 in 10 chance. So I just picked 1988. But then I got to thinking that maybe it's more 90s. So I picked 1994 because that's the year that the Rangers won the Cup. Double Crap. Do I get any credit at all for knowing it's Baz Luhrmann???
It's the Final Countdown.....

Sistine Fanny
Underground Artiste

#4 Post by Sistine Fanny » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:00 am

Crud, I took too long running off at the mouth and Minty snuck in ahead of me......

And I still didn't proof well enough since I didn't finish my extraneous thought on one of the songs.
Better Late than Never
Leader of the Pack - Shangri-Las

Vroom, vroom! After I got my first tattoo (back when you'd only see them on sailors, bikers and tattooed whores and you got them from people named Lucky and Snake......) my dad would say this whenever he walked past me when my tattoo was showing.
Last edited by Sistine Fanny on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's the Final Countdown.....

franktangredi

#5 Post by franktangredi » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:02 am

I am so happy!
Spoiler
2. Do You Love Me?/Zero Mostel and Maria Karnilova (no, wait, that was a different Do You Love Me?)

7. Leader of the Pack/The Shangri-Las
Have You Seen Her?/The Chi-Lites

"I keep saying, 'She'll be back,'"
But today, again I've lied.
Okay, maybe not THAT happy....

franktangredi

#6 Post by franktangredi » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:04 am

It's hard to do this without Phyllis. So hard.

smilergrogan

#7 Post by smilergrogan » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:22 am

Spoiler
littlebeast13 wrote:It's that day everyone has been waiting for..... National Squirrel Appreciation Day!!!

First, a note about today's avatar. It will not win, and it is not necessarily representative of any endorsement of the artist for or against any particular football outcome. It is merely me admitting defeat, and doing my pennance for putting the Ravens in the Super Bowl. How can I take the credit for that, you ask, since I haven't played a down of football since high school PE class? A few weeks ago, I learned that Ray Lewis' noted seizure he has as he comes out of the tunnel on game day was called the Squirrel Dance... and I thought it would be cute to point that out with a post on my blog on the day after Lewis played his final game... along with the standard cheesy post title "Nevermore". Well, that pretty much assured Baltimore they would never be eliminated from postseason play... and that's exactly what happened. I apologize profusely to all Colts, Broncos, and Patriots fans out there. I do admit, though, MBRS looks pretty good in purple.... then again, what doesn't go well on her?

Oh, and it does happen to be the first day of the 2013 Lyrically Speaking Winter/Spring Extravaganza!!! How about that, two wonderful noteworthy things happening today! If you haven't read the official rules, now's the time to track them down! I hope you all enjoy this year's game, and I hope many of you play along with us this year! Don't worry if you're no good with music, Marley and DK have the basement well stocked with goodies!

Mondays this year will be Encore Mondays, meaning I have taken old ideas from past LSWE games and just switched up the songs. Today's game brings back the theme of spoken lyrics, which I originally used on 1/8/10. All of the snippets from songs below are spoken rather than sung. Can you talk out the answers today? Will you hug a squirrel? Do you think President Whatshisname will mention what an honor it is to be sworn in on Squirrel Day?

Ahhh, on with it. You know how to play! Good luck, and after the 2 week delay, let's finally kick this thing off!

1. I'm a driver
I'm a winner
PARADISE BY THE DASHBOARD LIGHT?, Meat Loaf

2. You broke my heart
Cause I couldn't dance
DO YOU LOVE ME?, Gary U.S. Bonds?

You'll find true love
We can't find
I MUST SAY, Martin Short

4. OK, Tokyo
South America, Australia
I HATE GEOGRAPHY, Every WWTBAM Contestant

5. Please operator
See what you can do
TELEPHONE MAN?, Rick Dees

6. You know who you are
YOU SUCK TOM BRADY, Ray Lewis and the Playboys

I begged him to go slow
TAXI, Harry Chapin

Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
BIG GIRLS DON'T CRY, The Four Seasons

SMOKING IN THE BOYS ROOM?, Alice Cooper

?, Pink Floyd?

Only the sexy people
Dance, I said!
DO THE TWIZZLE, Sally Rogers and Morey Amsterdam

12. This ain't no disco
This is L.A.
LIFE DURING WARTIME?, TalkingHeads

BOOKENDS, Simon and Garfunkel, "Mothers and children, that's the way we have it ... God gives us life to live for our child"

What. Ever.
Merry Man

#8 Post by What. Ever. » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:08 am

Coincidence alert!!
It's that day everyone has been waiting for..... National Squirrel Appreciation Day!!!

1. I'm a driver
I'm a winner

Loser, Beck (I think you hate this but I love it!)

2. You broke my heart
Cause I couldn't dance

Do You Love Me?, some old group

You'll find true love
We can't find

An 80's song I like but can't place right now...

4. OK, Tokyo
South America, Australia

Dancing in the Streets, Jagger/Bowie version?

5. Please operator
See what you can do

Mr. Telephone Man, one of those boy bands that isn't NKOTB. The one that became Bell Biv Devoe? What the heck was it called???

6. You know who you are

U and Your Hand, Pink (Awesome song eclipsed by Raise Your Glass...)

I begged him to go slow

Oldie.

Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry

I'm Not In Love (Troll's Theme :P ), 10CC

Not Hot For Teacher--that one has "I brought my pencil!" And the Cradle Will Rock, Van Halen.

Pink Floyd. It's on The Wall. Is it called The Wall? Shit. Lord knows I heard this enough in high school....

Only the sexy people
Dance, I said!

Push It, Salt n Pepa

12. This ain't no disco
This is L.A.

All I Wanna Do, Sheryl Crow.

In the coincidence mentioned in the spoiler, I had just read about Taylor Swift going all crazy on Harry Styles and feeling he must be thinking what she says in We Are Never Ever (Ever) Getting Back Together: "This is exhausting, you know..."

5 Point Bonus: The hit "song" Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) was a speech directed at the graduating class of what year?Since it wasn't the Great Class of 1982, I have to say what. ever.... :P
Talk to the hand. :roll:

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#9 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:30 am

[spoiler=1. I'm a driver
I'm a winner
Take the Money and Run by Steve Miller Band

2. You broke my heart
Cause I couldn't dance
Almost Pubescent by The Undescended Testicles

You'll find true love
We can't find
If you lose your f*!@#$ glasses one more time I’m stapling them to your cheeks by Me

4. OK, Tokyo
South America, Australia
Saltines, sardines, BOOGEDY BOOGEDY BOOGEDY YABA YABA by WTF?

5. Please operator
See what you can do
Portia, You Skanky Ho by Ellen D.

6. You know who you are
With a pizza by thank you very much

I begged him to go slow
Johnny Angel by Shelley Fabrares/Fabare/however

Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Hold Still Already While I Make a Cell Phone Case Out of You by Ed Gein

Not bad for a 42 year old high school sophomore by Ed Gein’s Mother

Captain Tom by Captain Tom’s 'droid

Only the sexy people
Dance, I said!
And add more squirrels with cowbell by Tracey Morgan

12. This ain't no disco
This is L.A.
Wow. That was profound by Dr. Dip and the Thugwits ][/spoiler]
Well, then

Jessie

#10 Post by Jessie » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:37 am

I'd like to phone a friend! :D

Spoiler
SpoilerImage

1. I Just Keep Driving in Circles by Danica Patrick

2. Two Left Feet by The Dancing with The Stars Rejects

3. The Look of Love by ABC
Don't you just adore men who wear gold lamé!!!

4. Dancing in the Street by Mick Jagger & David Bowie
IMO, one of the worst music videos ever!!!

5. Telephone Line by ELO

6. Lament of The Losers by Tom Brady & The New England Patriots

7. The Boyfriend Blues (Goodbye Joe, Taylor, Jake, John, Harry, et al) by Taylor Swift

8. Big Boys Don't Cry but They Certainly Do Whine a Lot by The 112th Congress of The United States

9. And the Cradle Will Rock by Van Halen

10. ICRS by Pink Floyd

11. We All Sexy by The Kardashians

12. All I Wanna Do by Sheryl Crow

Kroxquo Bonus: Thriller by Michael Jackson I loved the Vincent Price part...blah, blah, blah...no mere mortal can resist the EVIL of the SQUIRREL!!! Of course, no one speaks a better song lyric than Mr. William Shatner!!!

Bonus: 1982
Last edited by Jessie on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winner of Sh&%house Rats Award 2010
Co-Winner of Sh&%house Rats Award 2014

Jessie

#11 Post by Jessie » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:38 am

It's great to be back!!! :D
Winner of Sh&%house Rats Award 2010
Co-Winner of Sh&%house Rats Award 2014

ShamelessWeasel

#12 Post by ShamelessWeasel » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:52 pm

YEAH LS IS BACK. And so are my nope's
Spoiler
1. Loser - Beck
2. nope
3. nope
4. nope
5. nope
6. nope
7. Leader of the pack - ???
8. nope
9. The cradel will rock - Van Halen
10. Young lust - Pink Floyd
11. nope
12. All I want to do - Sheryl Crow

Kroxquo Bonus: Vult of personality - Living Color - "The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself" is one of the spoken phrases

5 Point Bonus: 2001 (WAG)

Hotseat Or Bust!
Bored Hottie

#13 Post by Hotseat Or Bust! » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:21 pm

Spoiler
2.) Do You Love Me - , 3.) The Look Of Love - ABC, 4.) Dancing In The Street - Mick Jagger & David Bowie, 7.) Leader Of The Pack - , 9.) The Cradle Will Rock - Van Halen, 10.) - Pink Floyd, 12.) All I Wanna Do - Sheryl Crow. Krox Bonus: Vogue - Madonna - Grace Kelly, Harlow Jean picture of a beauty queen. 5 Point Bonus: 1992.

kroxquo

#14 Post by kroxquo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:41 pm

Spoiler
1. I'm a driver
I'm a winner

2. You broke my heart
Cause I couldn't dance

Do you Love Me Now That I Can Dance (hopefully the title is in there somewhere) - Wilson Pickett?

You'll find true love
We can't find

4. OK, Tokyo
South America, Australia

5. Please operator
See what you can do

6. You know who you are

I begged him to go slow

Leader of The Pack - one of Phil Spector's Girl Groups

Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry

I'm Not Alone - Nillson

Only the sexy people
Dance, I said!

12. This ain't no disco
This is L.A.

The Trouble With Love - Bering Strait. "Hello Talia, It's Natasha. Do you know what time it is?"

WAG 1987 because that's the year I graduated college
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

MarleysGh0st

#15 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:24 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:IDon't worry if you're no good with music, Marley and DK have the basement well stocked with goodies!
Goodies? Oh, no, there aren't any goodies down here. Just lots and lots of clutter. In fact, the place is a mess, since nitrah hasn't been around to do any basement cleaning in ages. It's best for everyone to score lots of points and climb out of the basement as soon as possible. Or just stay away!
Now, on with the game!

I know how much ES has enjoyed the Town Pants since I first mentioned them, so I'll name another of their songs: Rasputin.

vettech

#16 Post by vettech » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:35 pm

littlebeast13 wrote: I apologize profusely to all... Patriots fans out there.
Hmmph!!! :twisted:
Spoiler
1. ?
2. Do You Love Me, The Contours
3. ?
4. Dancing in the Street, David Bowie and Mick Jagger
5. ?
6. U & UR Hand, P!nk
7. Leader of the Pack, The Shangra Las
8. I'm Not in Love, 10CC
9.Hot for Teacher, Van Halen
10. Young Lust, Pink Floyd
11. ?
12. All I Wanna Do, Sheryl Crow

Kroxquo Bonus: We are young, heartache to heartache.... Love is a Battlefield, Pat Benatar

5 Point Bonus: 1969?

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#17 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:41 pm

Spoiler

1. I'm a driver
I'm a winner

This Here Truck's Gonna Win Me The Indy 500-Jethro Bodine

2. You broke my heart
Cause I couldn't dance

Do You Love Me?-The Contours (but not the Dave Clark Five 'cuz they don't use this intro)

You'll find true love
We can't find

The Look of Love-ABC

4. OK, Tokyo
South America, Australia

Dancin' In The Street-David Bowie & Mick Jagger (not the Martha & the Vandellas version..see #2 above)

5. Please operator
See what you can do

Gimme 1-800-S-L-U-T (not 1-800-S-T-U-D)-The 5 Buxaminnit

6. You know who you are

And That Phone Sex Line Is Busy Thanks to Mr. #5-The Handymen

I begged him to go slow

Leader of the Pack-The Shangri-Las

Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry

I'm Not in Love-10cc

And The Cradle Will Rock-Van Halen

Yowtch. Not sure how to answer this....It's from Pink Floyd's "The Wall"....the spoken word segment that bridges the songs "Young Lust" and "One of My Turns". Since THIS part of the dialogue runs over the fadeout of the former, I'll answer "Young Lust"-Pink Floyd

Only the sexy people
Dance, I said!

If'n Ya Don't Commence Ta Dancin', I'ma Gonna Start A'Blastin'-Yosemite Sam

12. This ain't no disco
This is L.A.

All I Wanna Do-Sheryl Crow

In honor of the inaugural....
"And if I'm elected, I promise the formation of a new party....a third party...THE WILD PARTY!!!.."

---Elected-Alice Cooper.

I actually like the next part of his "speech" better but I can't remember it all...I have to go look it up now or it'll bug me the rest of the day...

"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

elwoodblues

#18 Post by elwoodblues » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:41 pm

Spoiler
1. I'm a driver
I'm a winner

I cheated, screw you - Lance Armstrong

2. You broke my heart
Cause I couldn't dance

Land of 1000 Dances - Wilson Pickett

You'll find true love
We can't find

4. OK, Tokyo
South America, Australia

Where my other girfriends live - Manti Te'o

5. Please operator
See what you can do

6. You know who you are

I'm still going home to my hot wife - Tom Brady

I begged him to go slow

Leader of the Pack

Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry

I'm Not In Love - 10CC

And The Cradle Will Rock - Van Halen

Another Brick In The Wall - Pink Floyd

Only the sexy people
Dance, I said!

12. This ain't no disco
This is L.A.

I don't wanna do Lance Armstrong no more - Sheryl Crow
I mean...

Thriller - Michael Jackson
Spoken by Vincent Price: "The funk of 40,000 years...clean out the littleblueneon"

I'll guess 1999.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#19 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:56 pm

Just in care you were wondering, here's the part I couldn't remember:
Spoiler
T_Bone0806 wrote: I actually like the next part of his "speech" better but I can't remember it all...I have to go look it up now or it'll bug me the rest of the day...
I know we have problems,
We got problems right here in Central City,
We have problems on the North, South, East and West,
New York City, Saint Louis, Philadelphia, Los Angeles,
Detroit, Chicago,
Everybody has problems,
And personally, I don't care."
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

starfish1113

#20 Post by starfish1113 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:06 pm

I can always delurk for LS! Not sure I can be as regular as I used to be (then again, who of us can?), but I'll take a crack at the inaugural one!
Spoiler
1. Loser - Beck
2. Do You Love Me - Contours
3.The Look of Love - ABC
4. Dancing in the Streets - Mick Jagger and David Bowie (I'm sure LB knows that any version would be wrong)
5. Something by Ellen DeGeneres? Martina Navratilova? Jodie Foster?
6. U + Ur Hand - Pink
7. Something by Elton John? Freddie Mercury? George Michael?
8. I'm Not In Love - 10cc
9. No clue and no gay references...
10. Nope
11. Pump Up The Volume - M/A/R/R/S, although I believe Morris Day of the Time said something similar to this (or maybe this whole thing) in the movie Purple Rain
12. All I Wanna Do - Sheryl Crow

Kroxquo - The insufferable song "I've Never Been To Me" by Charlene. I just remember a fight and the fact that she's fighting with the same man she's going to make love to that night and says "That's truth, that's love". Uggggghhhh.....

Bonus - I'll say 1994 or thereabouts. Probably closer to thereabouts.

mikehardware

#21 Post by mikehardware » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:15 pm

Spoiler
2. Do You Love Me (Now That I Can Dance)?
7. Leader of the Pack
8. I'm Not in Love

Kroxquo Bonus:
16 Little Red Noses and a Horse That Sweats by Jim Stafford
I'm gonna take you to a secret place where I've got sixteen little red noses and a horse that sweats, gonna tie a rubber band around my fanny and run around you screaming I'm an airplane make me take off, cause I love you

Vandal
Director of Promos

#22 Post by Vandal » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:06 pm

Spoiler
8. I'm Not in Love - 10 cc

9. And the Cradle Will Fall - Van Halen

10. Young Lust - Pink Floyd

12. All I Wanna Do - Sheryl Crow

"We're gonna take to the beginning of this song and do it nice and easy"
Proud Mary - Ike and Tina Turner

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

a1mamacat

#23 Post by a1mamacat » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:38 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:It's that day everyone has been waiting for..... National Squirrel Appreciation Day!!!
Spoiler
1. I'm a driver
I'm a winner

2. You broke my heart
Cause I couldn't dance

-Do you love me - some oldies group

You'll find true love
We can't find

4. OK, Tokyo
South America, Australia

5. Please operator
See what you can do

6. You know who you are

I begged him to go slow

Leader of the Pack - Shangri Las

Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry

ummm Big boys don't cry??

Only the sexy people
Dance, I said!

12. This ain't no disco
This is L.A.

William Shatner - almost anything -

Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#24 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:40 am

I liked my answers to the instructions better.
Bonus: Paradise by the Dashboard Light, Meat Loaf, "He's rounding second base . . . ."
--Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

TheConfessor

#25 Post by TheConfessor » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:40 am

Spoiler
littlebeast13 wrote: 1. I'm a driver
I'm a winner

2. You broke my heart
Cause I couldn't dance
THE CONTOURS -- DO YOU LOVE ME

You'll find true love
We can't find

4. OK, Tokyo
South America, Australia

5. Please operator
See what you can do

6. You know who you are

I begged him to go slow
THE SHANGRI-LAS -- LEADER OF THE PACK

Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
10 CC -- I'M NOT IN LOVE

Only the sexy people
Dance, I said!

12. This ain't no disco
This is L.A.

ELVIS PRESLEY -- ARE YOU LONESOME TONIGHT
HONEY YOU LIED WHEN YOU SAID YOU LOVED ME, AND I HAD NO CAUSE TO DOUBT YOU
BUT I'D RATHER GO ON HEARING YOUR LIES THAN GO ON LIVING WITHOUT YOU.