Important to find new host with servers that won't crash

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
ghostjmf

Important to find new host with servers that won't crash

#1 Post by ghostjmf » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:20 am

Since BJ says the reasons for the board problems are server problems at the host, do we know of other boards on that host complaining of same problems? Non-believers could join those boards & determine for themselves if they crash too.

And is any of this team that excludes BJ who are scouting new hosts checking for a host with what they call in the industry "robust" (meaning "not crashing") servers before they move the board? BJ has apparently found one that costs $100/year (for the entire group, not each individual!) to use (see thread on Facebook BoredArk) but they apparently haven't contacted him on it; you'd think they'd do that even if they're snubbing his profferred help because the bored-clique (see lb's comment, representing & reporting on said clique; he says, in one of the various relocation threads here, that a lot of his best friends wouldn't join any board BJ helped set up) doesn't want BJ in any way involved.

DevilKitty100

Re: Important to find new host with servers that won't crash

#2 Post by DevilKitty100 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:09 pm

ghostjmf wrote:Since BJ says the reasons for the board problems are server problems at the host, do we know of other boards on that host complaining of same problems? Non-believers could join those boards & determine for themselves if they crash too.

And is any of this team that excludes BJ who are scouting new hosts checking for a host with what they call in the industry "robust" (meaning "not crashing") servers before they move the board? BJ has apparently found one that costs $100/year (for the entire group, not each individual!) to use (see thread on Facebook BoredArk) but they apparently haven't contacted him on it; you'd think they'd do that even if they're snubbing his profferred help because the bored-clique (see lb's comment, representing & reporting on said clique; he says, in one of the various relocation threads here, that a lot of his best friends wouldn't join any board BJ helped set up) doesn't want BJ in any way involved.
Ghost wrote: bored-clique (see lb's comment, representing & reporting on said clique........I read: bored-dique (see lb's comment, representing & reporting on said dique........

Thought that Ghost had outdone herself........

a1mamacat

#3 Post by a1mamacat » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:55 pm

Crashing servers are indeed a problem.

I had a new silk blouse DESTROYED by marinara sauce last week when the server crashed on the way to the table.

There was no BJ involved, though. He was just a clumsy server
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#4 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:26 pm

DevilKitty100 wrote:
ghostjmf wrote:Since BJ says the reasons for the board problems are server problems at the host, do we know of other boards on that host complaining of same problems? Non-believers could join those boards & determine for themselves if they crash too.

Ghost wrote: bored-clique (see lb's comment, representing & reporting on said clique........I read: bored-dique (see lb's comment, representing & reporting on said dique........

Now lots of people say I'm a dique. It's the clique thing I don't understand.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#5 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:33 pm

a1mamacat wrote:Crashing servers are indeed a problem.

I had a new silk blouse DESTROYED by marinara sauce last week when the server crashed on the way to the table.

Are you sure? Didn't he say not too long ago he might have a new job lined up in Vancouver?

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

jarnon

#6 Post by jarnon » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:04 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
DevilKitty100 wrote:

Now lots of people say I'm a dique. It's the clique thing I don't understand.....

lb13
Found it!
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:47 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
DevilKitty100 wrote:

lb13
Looks like a squirrels only klub to me...
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#8 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:19 am

jarnon wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
DevilKitty100 wrote:

lb13
Found it!

Uh oh.... now you're in the clique too!!! I hope you know the secret pawshake....

lb13

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#9 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:25 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
jarnon wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13
Found it!

Uh oh.... now you're in the clique too!!! I hope you know the secret pawshake....

lb13
Or is actually a squirrel in real life.........
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Bob Juch

#10 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:18 am

a1mamacat wrote:Crashing servers are indeed a problem.

So you were Saucy for real?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.