Damn, Colorado!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Sistine Fanny
Underground Artiste

Damn, Colorado!

#1 Post by Sistine Fanny » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:55 pm

As if going Obama wasn't enough, now they've done gone and legalized weed.

If they keep going in this direction, they might actually start tolerating gay people one of these days.....

Dobson is probably catatonic right about now. And I might not feel like I have to apologize every time I have to tell people where I live.

I'm just a little bit proud of you, Colorado!
It's the Final Countdown.....

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: Damn, Colorado!

#2 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:13 am

I dunno what it is about gays in Colorado -- some folks around here get positively apoplectic whenever the subject comes up.

I can't figure out how getting apoplectic contributes to the discussion. Although, that way people avoid the subject around them.

A few minutes ago, 9 News cautioned everyone not to pull out the weed and the papers since it's still illegal federally.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

BobMarleysGh0st
Merry Man

#3 Post by BobMarleysGh0st » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:16 am

Rocky Mountain High!

Sistine Fanny
Underground Artiste

#4 Post by Sistine Fanny » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:29 am

SportsFan68 wrote:I dunno what it is about gays in Colorado -- some folks around here get positively apoplectic whenever the subject comes up.

I can't figure out how getting apoplectic contributes to the discussion. Although, that way people avoid the subject around them.

A few minutes ago, 9 News cautioned everyone not to pull out the weed and the papers since it's still illegal federally.
It will be interesting to see how that plays out, as the Feds felt it necessary to issue another statement yesterday, I think, that basically said, "Look, you crazy kids, my house my rules! Why can't you be more like your brother Oregon? Sigh......."

If anything, I'm hoping that it helps the medical marijuana shops. They've had to kind of go underground since they were getting no support from local government and law enforcement and were pretty much at the mercy of the whims of lackeys and the attention of thieves.

The Feds needs to stop clutching their pearls and worrying that the streets will be rife with reefer madness and realize that allowing people to legally possess small amounts of marijuana and taxing the holy fuck out of it can build a lot of roads and pay a lot of public safety salaries.
It's the Final Countdown.....

a1mamacat

#5 Post by a1mamacat » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:54 am

Sistine Fanny wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:I dunno what it is about gays in Colorado -- some folks around here get positively apoplectic whenever the subject comes up.

It will be interesting to see how that plays out, as the Feds felt it necessary to issue another statement yesterday, I think, that basically said, "Look, you crazy kids, my house my rules! Why can't you be more like your brother Oregon? Sigh......."

If anything, I'm hoping that it helps the medical marijuana shops. They've had to kind of go underground since they were getting no support from local government and law enforcement and were pretty much at the mercy of the whims of lackeys and the attention of thieves.

The Feds needs to stop clutching their pearls and worrying that the streets will be rife with reefer madness and realize that allowing people to legally possess small amounts of marijuana and taxing the holy fuck out of it can build a lot of roads and pay a lot of public safety salaries.
I think I heard that Washington State also passed.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

TheConfessor

#6 Post by TheConfessor » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:16 am

a1mamacat wrote:I think I heard that Washington State also passed.
It's just good manners. They should all pass it, not bogart it.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#7 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:57 am

No wonder Buster is so mellow in defeat.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:34 am

Sistine Fanny wrote:As if going Obama wasn't enough, now they've done gone and legalized weed.

If they keep going in this direction, they might actually start tolerating gay people one of these days.....

Dobson is probably catatonic right about now. And I might not feel like I have to apologize every time I have to tell people where I live.

I'm just a little bit proud of you, Colorado!
And not just for medicinal purposes. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

vettech

#9 Post by vettech » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:06 am

littlebeast13 wrote:No wonder Buster is so mellow in defeat.....

lb13
I guess everyone else is too mellow to "found it!"

Up here I have to catch some glaucoma or something...

The Carp
Merry Man

#10 Post by The Carp » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:17 am

SEE???????? You sit out the electoral process and the whole state goes to hell around you!!!!!! Let this be a lesson to your non-voting ass, woman...
Bloop bloop

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#11 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:24 am

The Carp wrote:SEE???????? You sit out the electoral process and the whole state goes to hell around you!!!!!! Let this be a lesson to your non-voting ass, woman...

Well, I participated and didn't get what I wanted! They didn't even share the parting joint with me....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

The Carp
Merry Man

#12 Post by The Carp » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:27 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
The Carp wrote:SEE???????? You sit out the electoral process and the whole state goes to hell around you!!!!!! Let this be a lesson to your non-voting ass, woman...

Well, I participated and didn't get what I wanted! They didn't even share the parting joint with me....

lb13
You can join the mass migration of mellow citizens heading to Colorado. You can ask for a transfer to the Mecca near fanny!!
Bloop bloop

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#13 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:42 am

The Carp wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13
You can join the mass migration of mellow citizens heading to Colorado. You can ask for a transfer to the Mecca near fanny!!

From what I hear, they could use me out there. That store is either a major flustercluck, or Fanny may have always been treating her glaucoma before she went in there....

lb13

The Carp
Merry Man

#14 Post by The Carp » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:45 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
The Carp wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

From what I hear, they could use me out there. That store is either a major flustercluck, or Fanny may have always been treating her glaucoma before she went in there....

lb13
Find out what the state's official policy on rodents and marsupials is first. Don't trust what Sprots has to say about them!!
Bloop bloop

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#15 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:48 am

The Carp wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
The Carp wrote:

lb13
Find out what the state's official policy on rodents and marsupials is first. Don't trust what Sprots has to say about them!!

Sprots knows I never trust her anyway. My uncle lives out there, and has guaranteed me that the squirrel is still protected as the official state animal, and possums are still free to roam the streets at night....

lb13

macrae1234

#16 Post by macrae1234 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:32 am

Could not have said it better myself
We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#17 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:07 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
The Carp wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

Sprots knows I never trust her anyway. My uncle lives out there, and has guaranteed me that the squirrel is still protected as the official state animal, and possums are still free to roam the streets at night....

lb13
Your uncle's been engaging in this thread's illegal activity if he thinks mangy rodents are the state animal. This is the state animal:

-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#18 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:09 am

littlebeast13 wrote:No wonder Buster is so mellow in defeat.....

lb13
That is a fabulous avatar! It will win!

1. Sunchine
2. Mini-Doughnut
3. DK's Cold Day in Hell
4. Stinky and the Perfect Game
5. Rainbow Mirror
6. Pink
7. Serenading Angel
8. Doggie Dance Class
9. Gladys MBRS and the Pips
10. Mangy rodent and other vermin eating snake
11. Mellow Skanki and Buster

The Carp
Merry Man

#19 Post by The Carp » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:11 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
The Carp wrote:

lb13
Your uncle's been engaging in this thread's illegal activity if he thinks mangy rodents are the state animal. This is the state animal:

I believe you meant he's engaging in this thread's newly legal activity... :mrgreen:
Bloop bloop

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#20 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:25 am

The Carp wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

I believe you meant he's engaging in this thread's newly legal activity... :mrgreen:
Since he's in Colorado, I guess I did mean that.

I know lots of people who voted for legalization just for the tax benefits -- quite a change from the old days when it was the evil weed or other toxic sounding moniker.

This is an amazing time. If Colorado had tried to pull this off in the 70s, the feds woulda come out here and taken over the state.

Or maybe it was the 70s that were the amazing time.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#21 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:27 am

The Carp wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
The Carp wrote:

lb13
You got that right!

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#22 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:33 am

All y'all who indulge and who also have canine companions, take heed:

Photo below shows what was thrown up by a doggie who snagged his owner's medical marijuana stash. Then he tried to eat what he had thrown up off the vet's examining table! It nearly killed him.

Here's the doggie sleeping it off.