2012 Audition List

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
MarleysGh0st

Re: 2012 Audition List

#251 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:54 pm

goongas wrote:I auditioned at the Apollo Theater two weeks ago. I got a sad e-mail today. It was in my spam folder. Did not get a video interview so I knew I was toast.
A sad e-mail, goongas? Did they decide to save money on all those postcards, this year?

And does the e-mail still thank you for your loyal viewership, yada yada?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#252 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:52 pm

Steven Sousa, auditioned May 21, :(
UniquePerspective, auditioned May 29, :x, auditioned June 5, :(
nhbuffbc, auditioned May 31, :x, auditioned June 7, :D, taped September 19
basketball_junkie, auditioned June 6, :(
tabcourt, auditioned June 7, :x, auditioned July 6, passed written test
goongas, auditioned June 7, :(
Peyton Farquhar, auditioned June 12, passed written test
check2012, auditioned June 12, :D, taped September 25
MarleysGh0st, auditioned June 20, :(
ten96lt, auditioned July 9, :)
AlphaDummy, auditioned July 9, :(
jimdash, auditioned July 9, :(
hss501, auditioned July 9, :D, taped September 18
CaptainObvious, auditioned July 23, :D, taped September 26
shoefresh, auditioned July 23, :D, taped August 28
Bob78164, auditioned July 25, :(
HAL 9000, auditioned July 25, :x
BuzzerBattleBill, auditioned July 25, passed written test
hanzz, auditioned July 25, :D, taped August 28
smenks13, auditioned July 25, :D, taped September 17
mcraig71555, auditioned July 27, :(
Brainiac017, auditioned August 5, :D, taped September 17
Brainiac017Dad, auditioned August 5, :D, taped September 6
goongas, auditioned October 7, :(
levinc52, auditioned October 11, passed written test
Jeemie, auditioned October 11, :x
jarnon, auditioned October 11, passed written test
lishaana, auditioned October 11, passed written test
KillerTomato, auditioned October 11, passed written test
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#253 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:47 pm

lishaana, auditioned October 11, :(
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

goongas

#254 Post by goongas » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:48 am

The email had the typical verbiage that was on the postcard. They had said to us at the audition they would send us a postcard or an email.

check2012

#255 Post by check2012 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:56 pm

My episode airs tomorrow! I'm Steve Mislich from Altamont, IL. :D

hanzz

#256 Post by hanzz » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:43 pm

check2012 wrote:My episode airs tomorrow! I'm Steve Mislich from Altamont, IL. :D
Best of retroactive luck!! By the by, this might be something you can elaborate on before or after, but I'm especially curious as to what the general reaction amongst contestants or the Riches/Geoffs that be about the crystal ball. Like, was there any comment on the uselessness of that lifeline in Round 2?
In this town, don't we love it now, everbody's waiting for the next surprise!

TheConfessor

#257 Post by TheConfessor » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:44 pm

hanzz wrote:
check2012 wrote:My episode airs tomorrow! I'm Steve Mislich from Altamont, IL. :D
Best of retroactive luck!! By the by, this might be something you can elaborate on before or after, but I'm especially curious as to what the general reaction amongst contestants or the Riches/Geoffs that be about the crystal ball. Like, was there any comment on the uselessness of that lifeline in Round 2?
It's also useless in Round 1, for any contestant "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire."

KillerTomato

#258 Post by KillerTomato » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:40 am

For the record, I haven't gotten an email or postcard, positive or negative. I'm assuming that no news isn't good news, since this isn't the first time I've been overlooked, but you never know. There ins still some hope!
There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

hss501

#259 Post by hss501 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:59 am

KT: my postcard took well over a month and I taped back in September. No news is just that, no news.

kmills

#260 Post by kmills » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:13 am

Well, the spoiler video for the week has me in it, so I suppose the cat's out of the bag. (Well mostly, they showed me getting to round two, you can only mess up so bad after that....unless I punched Meredith.) So, one more BB on the list!

I auditioned on June 11th, got the card a month+ later, and I got the call sometime in early September, taped Sept 20th.

Here's the thing though.....I didn't tell my husband I got the call (though he knew I got in the pool because he got the mail the day the postcard came) and I misunderstood the rules until the lawyer did the whole briefing before the show, so I had thought that I'd be able to go home and tell him about it, but you can't tell anyone who wasn't there until it airs. EVEN a spouse he said.

So I've been just keeping it mum all this time, because they emphasize it so much. So all I want to do is get this damn thing aired! I think my Mr. thinks I've lost my marbles. I'm weird enough as it is.

Even worse, I had gotten rid of our TV a couple years back because we had to cut costs wherever we could, so getting it now just so we could watch it would be a huge giveaway. We were supposed to watch it with a friend I clued in to arrange it but it fell through, I don't imagine I can get cable installed in a day and now I don't know what to do! If any of you are DVR devotees I'd be happy to cover the time for a video capture!

I pick up a friend's kid after school and I turned on their TV Monday afternoon and they played the episode that was listed for Wednesday's airdate, so now I'm in a panic to figure out if it's airing today or whatever!! HOLY. MACKEREL.

Sorry to spazz out guys. :shock:
Wish me retroactive luck, and here's hoping I don't end up a humiliating internet meme.

earendel

#261 Post by earendel » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:45 am

kmills wrote:Well, the spoiler video for the week has me in it, so I suppose the cat's out of the bag. (Well mostly, they showed me getting to round two, you can only mess up so bad after that....unless I punched Meredith.) So, one more BB on the list!

I auditioned on June 11th, got the card a month+ later, and I got the call sometime in early September, taped Sept 20th.

Here's the thing though.....I didn't tell my husband I got the call (though he knew I got in the pool because he got the mail the day the postcard came) and I misunderstood the rules until the lawyer did the whole briefing before the show, so I had thought that I'd be able to go home and tell him about it, but you can't tell anyone who wasn't there until it airs. EVEN a spouse he said.

So I've been just keeping it mum all this time, because they emphasize it so much. So all I want to do is get this damn thing aired! I think my Mr. thinks I've lost my marbles. I'm weird enough as it is.

Even worse, I had gotten rid of our TV a couple years back because we had to cut costs wherever we could, so getting it now just so we could watch it would be a huge giveaway. We were supposed to watch it with a friend I clued in to arrange it but it fell through, I don't imagine I can get cable installed in a day and now I don't know what to do! If any of you are DVR devotees I'd be happy to cover the time for a video capture!

I pick up a friend's kid after school and I turned on their TV Monday afternoon and they played the episode that was listed for Wednesday's airdate, so now I'm in a panic to figure out if it's airing today or whatever!! HOLY. MACKEREL.

Wish me retroactive luck, and here's hoping I don't end up a humiliating internet meme.
Retroactive luck to you, kmills!
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Bob Juch

#262 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:47 am

kmills wrote:Well, the spoiler video for the week has me in it, so I suppose the cat's out of the bag. (Well mostly, they showed me getting to round two, you can only mess up so bad after that....unless I punched Meredith.) So, one more BB on the list!

Joy Behar will be on today and tomorrow so you're safe.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#263 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:32 am

Congratulations! Did you get a video interview? --Bob

kmills

#264 Post by kmills » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:40 am

Bob78164 wrote:

Congratulations! Did you get a video interview? --Bob
I did get a video interview, in the back hallway by a cafeteria line!

They asked me to come back and do the movie test as well, which I did, and although I'm fairly good with movie trivia, I didn't have enough of an Over-the-Top movie obsession to rate a spot on the movie week, I think.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#265 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:01 am

kmills, auditioned June 11, :D, taped September 20

CaptainObvious

#266 Post by CaptainObvious » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:08 pm

Sorry if I'm breaking etiquette by posting in such an old thread.

I will be on this coming Monday, December 17th!

I hope to make the bored proud (and not bring shame upon my school)!

NooYawkuh

#267 Post by NooYawkuh » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:59 pm

Hi all,

I auditioned in NYC on June 12, passed the interview, and had a video audition in the back by the cafeteria. I got a Happy Card about ten days later. Then...they didn't call! My DH keeps telling me to "call them," but I don't think it works that way. If anyone can offer any good suggestions, I'd be very grateful. Thanks!

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#268 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:09 pm

kmills, auditioned June 11, :D, taped September 20
NooYawkuh, auditioned June 12, :)

MarleysGh0st

#269 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:24 pm

NooYawkuh wrote:Hi all,

I auditioned in NYC on June 12, passed the interview, and had a video audition in the back by the cafeteria. I got a Happy Card about ten days later. Then...they didn't call! My DH keeps telling me to "call them," but I don't think it works that way. If anyone can offer any good suggestions, I'd be very grateful. Thanks!
Been there, done that, no good suggestions.

First of all, almost all of the staff is gone, this time of year. Even after they come back to start gearing up for auditions, etc., later this spring, there is nothing more you can do to influence their casting decision, at this point. It's legitimate to write to them if your contact information changes, but anything more will only get a warning e-mail from the show's lawyer. I know. :|

Keep treading water in the pool and hope for the best. If you're flushed without getting The Call, then go back to another audition and start over.

geoffil

#270 Post by geoffil » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:30 pm

It's legitimate to write to them if your contact information changes, but anything more will only get a warning e-mail from the show's lawyer. I know.
If you feel like sharing, what happened?

I am shocked a lawyer would send anything mean. :roll:

MarleysGh0st

#271 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:33 pm

geoffil wrote:If you feel like sharing, what happened?
Oh, I posted about it at the time, but this was over six years ago. Basically, I got particularly frustrated after receiving yet another sad card. I had the e-mail address for one of the APs, so I wrote to her asking why I had been rejected again and what I might do differently. And I got this reply from the production attorney.
Per our policy, [redacted] sent your e-mail to me for response. As stated in our Official Rules, the selection of contestants is at the sole discretion of our producers. We do not comment on our selection process, and individual communications regarding selection or non selection are not considered.
Thank you for your interest in Millionaire. We hope you will continue to be a fan.
geoffil wrote:I am shocked a lawyer would send anything mean. :roll:
Oh, not mean at all! They wanted me to continue being a fan and everything. :|

But the message was clear: those few minutes of face time at an audition is the only time you're allowed to interact with their producers. After that, you're done, go away and don't bother them. Unless they choose to call you, first.

geoffil

#272 Post by geoffil » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:34 pm

Oh, not mean at all! They wanted me to continue being a fan and everything. :|
:lol:

Really, they couldn't explain in a generic way as to what happened? Duh you know it is at their sole discretion, but as a fan, they could at least explain the happy card and then not calling you.

Lawyers just make everything complicated and expensive. It was like how dare you want to know what happened AS A FAN OF THE SHOW.

Disclaimer: To me, the AP's were as nice and welcoming as they could be. Meredith was the perfect host and I felt she really wanted me to win big. The entire staff was gracious, excited, happy and I have nothing negative to say.

So it has to be the evil lawyers.