Transcript 05/22/2012 Jessica Liese

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 05/22/2012 Jessica Liese

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Wed May 23, 2012 8:58 am

Jessica Liese
New York, NY
Publishing Project Manager
Has the word "Relax" tattooed on her arm at the suggestion of her boyfriend Kip who is in the audience

Topic Tree: (Randomized shown only)
Hosts With the Most
Celebrity Names
Naked Meaning
Empire Records
Product Names
Big Boy Scouts
First Lines
Different Roles
In a Word
City on a Hill

Question 1 - City on a Hill
Thanks to its location above the Mississippi River, which of these cities is nicknamed "Bluff City"?
A. Minneapolis B. Memphis
C. St. Louis D. Baton Rouge

JTQ 1
Answer and value
B. Memphis
Value: $25K jumped
Bank: 0
Question 2 - In a Word
"Schmancy" is a made-up word often used to modify what other word?
A. Buoyancy B. Chancy
C. Fancy D. Poignancy

Answer and value
C. Fancy
Value: $100
Bank: $100

Question 3 - Different Roles
Though they sound like characters in a Gershwin opera, porgy and bass are two varieties of what?
A. Mammal B. Reptile
C. Amphibian D. Fish

Answer and value
D. Fish
Value: $1000
Bank: $1100

Question 4 - First Lines
Robert Frost's celebrated poem "The Road Not Taken," begins with the line "Two roads diverged in a" what?
A. Orange wood B. Red wood
C. Green wood D. Yellow wood

Answer and value
D. Yellow wood
Value: $500
Bank: $1600

Question 5 - Big Boy Scouts
Proving that badges aren't just for kids, what is the highest level of training an adult Boy Scout leader can receive?
A. River Badge B. Gold Badge
C. Wood Badge D. Owl Badge
JTQ 2
Jessica does not know and says she does not think the audience will know either since the audience appears to be disproportionately female.
She said she was convinced she has jumped $15K now
Answer and value
C. Wood Badge
Value: $15K jumped

Question 6 - Product Names
According to the company, what product's name and packaging was inspired by the sight of the colored balloons at an international balloon race?
A. Hi-C juice drink B. Wonder Bread
C. Birds Eye frozen vegetables D. Pop-Tarts

Answer and value
B. Wonder Bread
Value: $3000
Bank: $4600
Commercial break

Question 7 - Empire Records
The Jay-Z hit "Empire State of Mind" heavily samples the 1970 song "Love on a Two-Way Street" by what soul group?
A. The Intruders B. The Moments
C. The Delfonics D. The Originals
ATA
Jessica says she knows the words to this song and the other song it samples, and maybe the audience might know so she will burn her last lifeline.

A-8% B-10% C-75% D-7%

Jessica wondered aloud if the audience went with C because they are the most famous band or if they really know it
She brought out the "relax" tattoo.
She asked aloud if she can trust "you guys." "Drinks are on me" if you are right...if you are wrong, "formal written apologies from all of you."
Answer and value
B. The Moments
Value: $not revealed
Bank: $1000 + "formal written apologizes from the audience"

no break

Snaxx

Re: Transcript 05/22/2012 Jessica Liese

#2 Post by Snaxx » Thu May 24, 2012 4:48 pm

Bumping the placeholder up
---
Winner of 2011 Sports Madness :mrgreen:

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:10 pm

Question 5 - Big Boy Scouts
Proving that badges aren't just for kids, what is the highest level of training an adult Boy Scout leader can receive?
JTQ 2
Jessica does not know and says she does not think the audience will know either since the audience appears to be disproportionately female.
Answer and value
C. Wood Badge
JTQ 1
Question 7 - Empire Records
The Jay-Z hit "Empire State of Mind" heavily samples the 1970 song "Love on a Two-Way Street" by what soul group?
ATA
Jessica says she knows the words to this song and the other song it samples, and maybe the audience might know so she will burn her last lifeline.

A-8% B-10% C-75% D-7%

Jessica wondered aloud if the audience went with C because they are the most famous band or if they really know it
She asked aloud if she can trust "you guys." "Drinks are on me" if you are right...if you are wrong, "formal written apologies from all of you."
Answer and value
B. The Moments
JTQ 2.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Fri May 25, 2012 6:39 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Jessica Liese
New York, NY
Publishing Project Manager
Has the word "Relax" tattooed on her arm at the suggestion of her boyfriend Kip who is in the audience
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Question 5 - Big Boy Scouts
JTQ 2
Answer and value
C. Wood Badge
I'd have to JTQ also.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Question 7 - Empire Records
ATA

A-8% B-10% C-75% D-7%

Answer and value
B. The Moments
I think Jessica's reasoning was sound - the Delfonics are the most famous of the four groups mentioned. But IIRC "I Found Love on a Two-Way Street (and Lost it on a Lonely Highway) features a female lead vocalist, which the Delfonics did not. Knowing that isn't enough to remind me who sang it, so it's JTQ time.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

chad1m

#5 Post by chad1m » Sat May 26, 2012 3:52 pm

A lot of things didn't go as well for this lady as she would've liked. Pessimism breeds bad luck, I guess?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B014Z7QO26/ref ... 6vb11BJ6JV
Get on a Game Show!, my e-book guide now available on Amazon!

TheConfessor

#6 Post by TheConfessor » Sat May 26, 2012 6:19 pm

earendel wrote: I think Jessica's reasoning was sound - the Delfonics are the most famous of the four groups mentioned. But IIRC "I Found Love on a Two-Way Street (and Lost it on a Lonely Highway) features a female lead vocalist, which the Delfonics did not. Knowing that isn't enough to remind me who sang it, so it's JTQ time.
That is not correct. The Moments had no female singer. They had a dude with a high voice. Several years later, they changed their name and had another big hit with "Special Lady" as Ray, Goodman and Brown.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray,_Goodman_%26_Brown
I thought all four groups were pretty well known and don't really understand why they would be so biased toward the Delfonics. But it was certainly one of the worst audience Durstings ever.

MarleysGh0st

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon May 28, 2012 3:31 am

chad1m wrote:A lot of things didn't go as well for this lady as she would've liked. Pessimism breeds bad luck, I guess?
Sure, blame the victim, Chad.

But no doubt, Jessica was pissed.

earendel

#8 Post by earendel » Tue May 29, 2012 11:57 am

TheConfessor wrote:
earendel wrote: I think Jessica's reasoning was sound - the Delfonics are the most famous of the four groups mentioned. But IIRC "I Found Love on a Two-Way Street (and Lost it on a Lonely Highway) features a female lead vocalist, which the Delfonics did not. Knowing that isn't enough to remind me who sang it, so it's JTQ time.
That is not correct. The Moments had no female singer. They had a dude with a high voice. Several years later, they changed their name and had another big hit with "Special Lady" as Ray, Goodman and Brown.
Wow. Sure had me fooled.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."