It's A Mystery...

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
littlebeast13
Dumbass

It's A Mystery...

#1 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:47 am

I noticed what you see in my avatar last night before I left for work. I have no idea how it came to be, and have ruled out any ungood bleeding like he was having last month....

Either he's all into Breast Cancer Awareness Month, or he's become an attention ho.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

Re: It's A Mystery...

#2 Post by minimetoo26 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:57 am

I hope it's not poor circulation due to renal failure. My white cat's paws turned pink, then red, then brown as he progressed through it, but he was an old dude at the time and died within 8 months or so.

Yeah, I'm just a ray of sunshine this morning... :roll:
Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used.

-Carl Sagan

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#3 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:58 am

minimetoo26 wrote:I hope it's not poor circulation due to renal failure. My white cat's paws turned pink, then red, then brown as he progressed through it, but he was an old dude at the time and died within 8 months or so.

You most certainly are not....... that is exactly what his vet visit centered around was kidney problems.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#4 Post by minimetoo26 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:01 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:I hope it's not poor circulation due to renal failure. My white cat's paws turned pink, then red, then brown as he progressed through it, but he was an old dude at the time and died within 8 months or so.

You most certainly are not....... that is exactly what his vet visit centered around was kidney problems.....

lb13
I didn't think stones were contagious... :P

So maybe he was mixing a vat of red Kool-Aid for the World Series?

I hope he's fine......
Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used.

-Carl Sagan

christie1111
11:11

#5 Post by christie1111 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:10 am

Sending happy thoughts to having this resolved soon.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

ghostjmf

#6 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:20 am

As someone who came close to having kidney problems myself ("We don't know or care, really, if your stone is gone, as its too small to clearly show up on an ultrasound anyway [as the ultrasound techs had already told me]; what we were checking is that your urine is no longer backed up, & its not anymore". "But my urine never was backed up." "Yes it was, we could see it on the original CT scan, you just didn't feel the bad effects of that yet.") I can empathize greatly.

I will now wonder each time my front paws turn red.

But seriously, I think he should go back to vetland, unless they care to give advice on this via phone (something doctors never do, but you can try).

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#7 Post by kayrharris » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:26 am

Yikes! It is worrisome. Let us know what you find out. The vet may answer your question with just a phone call.

Good luck!

kay
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#8 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:52 pm

Poor Ody! I hope he's back "in the pink" soon.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

a1mamacat

#9 Post by a1mamacat » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:24 pm

Is it the fur or the skin?

Is he still on medication?

Give him a hug from me
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#10 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:02 pm

a1mamacat wrote:Is it the fur or the skin?

When I was trying to determine that for myself last night, it certainly appeared to be the on the fur. But if he stained himself, it's odd that it would only be on both front paws, and just in areas on the sides and front....

Taking a closer look just now, I don't see it as much pink as I did last night, and definitely not on the fur. The paws pads themselves don't seem to have changed colors at all..... I don't know, we'll see....

lb13