Happy 7-11!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Snaxx

Happy 7-11!

#1 Post by Snaxx » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:56 am

Be sure to get your free Slurpee today! :mrgreen:
---
Winner of 2011 Sports Madness :mrgreen:

littlebeast13
Dumbass

Re: Happy 7-11!

#2 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:36 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:40 am

littlebeast13 wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lb13
Found it!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Snaxx

#4 Post by Snaxx » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:04 am

lb13
Same sentiment. The slurpee machine was out of order here.
---

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:05 am

No 7-Eleven's around here. :(
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Snaxx

#6 Post by Snaxx » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:26 pm

I went to another 7-11 four blocks away at lunchtime and they had the slurpees.
---

SpacemanSpiff

#7 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:59 pm

Snaxx wrote:

lb13
Nothing new with that. When Mrs. Spiff gets a jones for a Slurpee, I don't get one - I go to another chain of convenience store which has an identical product, but the machines are reliable. Maybe once in six months have I seen the machine malfunction.

Before I started going to "alternative" products, I kid you not, there'd be times that I'd stop at no less than three 7-Elevens, and all three would have a malfunctioning Slurpee machine (or at least the flavor she wanted would be kaput).

And, ironically, I went into a 7-Eleven today, and they had a hand-writen note on the door: NO SLURPEES, MACHINE BROKE.

For being such a highly promoted product (Captain America, anyone?), their reliability stinks.
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#8 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:09 pm

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Snaxx wrote:

lb13
Nothing new with that. When Mrs. Spiff gets a jones for a Slurpee, I don't get one - I go to another chain of convenience store which has an identical product, but the machines are reliable. Maybe once in six months have I seen the machine malfunction.

Before I started going to "alternative" products, I kid you not, there'd be times that I'd stop at no less than three 7-Elevens, and all three would have a malfunctioning Slurpee machine (or at least the flavor she wanted would be kaput).

And, ironically, I went into a 7-Eleven today, and they had a hand-writen note on the door: NO SLURPEES, MACHINE BROKE.

For being such a highly promoted product (Captain America, anyone?), their reliability stinks.

We were discussing it at work last night. I wasn't aware of it, the number of 7-Elevens in Illinois can almost be counted on two hands.... and GC of all places has the only one south of the Chicago area. Ours has long been recognized as a dump, located in the heart of the prostitution district (so I hear) across the street from the only two fleabag motels in town (One of which was condemned and torn down for that very reason).....

I've actually never had a Slurpee, even though we used to get treated at that 7-Eleven all the time when we were kids. I did make a sno cone this afternoon, which I'm sure was better anyway.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Queen Fantine VIII
Her Majesty

#9 Post by Queen Fantine VIII » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:14 pm

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Snaxx wrote:

lb13

I think that "machine broke" is convenience storeese for "we don't get paid enough to deal with all the extra foot traffic just because the big wigs have what they think is a 'brilliant idea', which it might be to them since they don't have to wait on all these people".
Exeunt Regina......

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#10 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:21 am

Queen Fantine VIII wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Snaxx wrote:

I think that "machine broke" is convenience storeese for "we don't get paid enough to deal with all the extra foot traffic just because the big wigs have what they think is a 'brilliant idea', which it might be to them since they don't have to wait on all these people".

Our manager told us her story at the meeting last night. She stopped by our ghetto 7-11 after work yesterday, and the machine was working fine, but there were no signs or anything saying which cups were for the freebies. So she asked the guy behind the counter, and proceeded to get berated (As if she doesn't get enough of that from our store manager in the mornings)..... "I'M NOT GIVING OUT FREE SLURPEES! YOU"RE THE FOURTH ONE WHO'S ASKED ALREADY! YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL MY BOSS COMES IN!"

"Well, when does he come in...."

"IN ABOUT FOUR HOURS!!!.... grumble grumble" (Translation: Get the hell out of my store if you're not going to buy anything!)

So there you have it. Reason #47218933 to just get yourself a sno cone machine.....

lb13