TP

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
littlebeast13
Dumbass

TP

#1 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:08 am

Just curious, but has TP'ing someone's house suddenly become popular again, or am I just now noticing it?

I have worked in the paper goods and chemicals department at Mecca for over 10 years now. Prior to a month ago, I can recall one instance of a bunch of young, up-to-no-good troublemakers coming into my department and leaving with handfuls of the cheapest toilet paper we had on the shelf. Just since I got back from my vacation 3 weeks ago, I have counted SEVEN instances of this... including just about every Friday and Saturday night (With one odd instance on a Monday)....

The sales are nice so long as it isn't my house, but what's the deal this year? And when did it become a popular graduation ritual?

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

Re: TP

#2 Post by ulysses5019 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:17 am

littlebeast13 wrote:Just curious, but has TP'ing someone's house suddenly become popular again, or am I just now noticing it?

I have worked in the paper goods and chemicals department at Mecca for over 10 years now. Prior to a month ago, I can recall one instance of a bunch of young, up-to-no-good troublemakers coming into my department and leaving with handfuls of the cheapest toilet paper we had on the shelf. Just since I got back from my vacation 3 weeks ago, I have counted SEVEN instances of this... including just about every Friday and Saturday night (With one odd instance on a Monday)....

The sales are nice so long as it isn't my house, but what's the deal this year? And when did it become a popular graduation ritual?

lb13

Are you sure this isn't because they opened up a new Taco Bell down the street?
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

geoffil

#3 Post by geoffil » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:34 am

I agree with you, I haven't seen Tp'ing in a long time and when I was back in Chicago I saw 2 yards covered in it. My neighbor here got 'newspapered". His neighbor put 30 unopened newspapers still in the plastic all over his lawn as the grownup version of tp'ing.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#4 Post by ulysses5019 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:36 am

littlebeast13 wrote:Just curious, but has TP'ing someone's house suddenly become popular again, or am I just now noticing it?

lb13

Maybe it's because paper towels are too hard to throw over the trees.

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:56 am

geoffil wrote:I agree with you, I haven't seen Tp'ing in a long time and when I was back in Chicago I saw 2 yards covered in it. My neighbor here got 'newspapered". His neighbor put 30 unopened newspapers still in the plastic all over his lawn as the grownup version of tp'ing.
Still in the plastic?

How can someone decide to prank someone and then be so totally lame about it? :lol:

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#6 Post by ulysses5019 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:42 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
geoffil wrote:I agree with you, I haven't seen Tp'ing in a long time and when I was back in Chicago I saw 2 yards covered in it. My neighbor here got 'newspapered". His neighbor put 30 unopened newspapers still in the plastic all over his lawn as the grownup version of tp'ing.
Still in the plastic?

How can someone decide to prank someone and then be so totally lame about it? :lol:

Yeah, they should have thrown them up on the roof like I used to do.

Lizbit
Four-Footer

#7 Post by Lizbit » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:51 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
Still in the plastic?

You threw newspapers into Frisbee Heaven?

/ :shock: \

Queen Fantine VIII
Her Majesty

#8 Post by Queen Fantine VIII » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:03 pm

ES certainly has trouble selecting his elimination buddies, doesn't he?
Exeunt Regina......

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#9 Post by ulysses5019 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:33 pm

Lizbit wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote: Still in the plastic?

You threw newspapers into Frisbee Heaven?

/ :shock: \
Only for the customers I didn't like.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#10 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:35 pm

I saw a tp'd yard the other day, too! I'm thinking it's the next generation of graduates. Maybe neighborhoods quiet down for awhile and then the next batch of whippersnappers rise up.
Well, then

geoffil

#11 Post by geoffil » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:39 pm

Yes, it was very lame and silly. But this is Dallas and the people are less inclined to do things like they would in Chicago. Even in my daughter's high school, the kids don't do mean things to each other. It is a different culture.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#12 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:39 pm

Queen Fantine VIII wrote:ES certainly has trouble selecting his elimination buddies, doesn't he?

That's why I still close the door....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com