Phone-A-Friend sign-up list

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
TheSearchIsOn

Phone-A-Friend sign-up list

#1 Post by TheSearchIsOn » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:05 am

The calls start going out today and the tape dates will be here fast. Figured we ought to go ahead and start a list of potential phone-a-friends for if (WHEN!) anyone here gets called.

Put your name below if you are willing and available to be a phone-a-friend on any of the tape dates. I won't be at work the last week of July so I should be available for any of those tape dates. The first week of August I'll be back to work which would make it riskier for my availability, though I haven't researched the taping times so I might still be able to be work something out.

July 29

TheSearchIsOn

July 30

TheSearchIsOn

July 31

TheSearchIsOn

August 3

August 4

August 5
President, Big Taste Nation

peacock2121

Re: Phone-A-Friend sign-up list

#2 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:08 am

What is the timing for a PaF to be available?

EugeneF

#3 Post by EugeneF » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:53 am

I am available for any of the days, and I wish that the show would let me do it everyday.

My fields of knowledge include history, literature, movies, opera, politics, religion, theater, art, etymology. Oh what the Hell, just don't ask me sports or contemporary music (rap, grudge--anything since 1980).

As for my battlefield experience, I was on the OTHER gameshow, being a five-time winner (when that was the limit) and finishing third in my Tournament of Champions. In a special tournment, I was the first human being to beat Frank Spangenberg.

I also have been a phone-a-friend, and answered a $125,000 question.

Eugene
Last edited by EugeneF on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeemie

#4 Post by Jeemie » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:00 am

Depending on the times of the tape dates, I am available for all the days.

Specialties are science, history, sports, and fast Googling.
1979 City of Champions 2009

hanzz

#5 Post by hanzz » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:08 am

My credentials:

2004 Florida State Geography Be Champion (yes, one of those purple shirt kids)
2005 Florida AAA Travel High School Challenge Champion (travel geography)
2007 ditto (placed 5th nationally)
2009 Southern Adventist University College Bowl Champion (team captain)

Oh, and I'm good with Google and have a Wikipedia account. :)

Available any day.
In this town, don't we love it now, everbody's waiting for the next surprise!

booboola

#6 Post by booboola » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:08 am

I should be available for any day.

My area of expertise is movies. TV was well. I'm full of pop culture info.

clem21
Nose Exploder

#7 Post by clem21 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:10 am

I too, am available any day and I'm really good with History, Geography, Current Events Sports and all the Pop Culture that whippersnappers know about the world of music and movies.

I can google too.
"Some people never go crazy, What truly horrible lives they must live..."
-Charles Bukowski

2011 [Bleep]house Rats Award Winner
2011 I've Been Everywhere New England Region Co-Champion

goongas

#8 Post by goongas » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:11 am

I would be available anytime.

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#9 Post by sunflower » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:11 am

I am a Google master.

But, I'm really going to have to like you if I'm going to spend a day waiting by the phone for you... :wink:

Edited to add: So, I will offer up my PAF skills on a case by case basis (sorry, cases on the mind after yesterday...) because it also depends if I decide to go to tapings or not depending who is in the hot seat, and based on my yet to be determined work schedule...
Last edited by sunflower on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

earendel

#10 Post by earendel » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:16 am

TheSearchIsOn wrote:The calls start going out today and the tape dates will be here fast. Figured we ought to go ahead and start a list of potential phone-a-friends for if (WHEN!) anyone here gets called.

Put your name below if you are willing and available to be a phone-a-friend on any of the tape dates. I won't be at work the last week of July so I should be available for any of those tape dates. The first week of August I'll be back to work which would make it riskier for my availability, though I haven't researched the taping times so I might still be able to be work something out.

July 29

TheSearchIsOn
earendel

July 30

TheSearchIsOn
earendel

July 31

TheSearchIsOn

August 3

August 4

August 5
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#11 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:20 am

peacock2121 wrote:What is the timing for a PaF to be available?
Here's the schedule that was copied from the ticket request page:
July 29th 2:45pm
July 30th 12:15pm
July 30th 3:00pm
July 31st 12:15pm
July 31st 3:00pm

August 3rd 12:15pm
August 3rd 3:00pm
August 4th 12:15pm
August 4th 3:00pm
August 5th 12:15pm
August 5th 3:00pm
The second episode of each day should probably be completed between 5 and 6.

I presume PAFs will also need to be available for a morning briefing call.

Incidentally, they don't have the July 29th date listed on the tickets page any more (booked, I presume) but they do have July 28th at 1:30 pm. That's probably a rehearsal session.

jurisdoctor07

#12 Post by jurisdoctor07 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:27 am

Isn't it part of the rules that you have to have a landline phone in order to be a PaF?

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#13 Post by sunflower » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:29 am

jurisdoctor07 wrote:Isn't it part of the rules that you have to have a landline phone in order to be a PaF?
Yes.

MarleysGh0st

#14 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:35 am

I'm available to PAF, July 29, 30, 31.

After that, my schedule is still contingent on my phone ringing on Monday. :wink:

tlynn78

#15 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:38 am

just don't ask me sports or contemporary music (rap, grudge--anything since 1980).

lol - psst. I think it's 'grunge'.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Schliemann

#16 Post by Schliemann » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:50 am

i'm willing and able to be a phone a friend if needed.

i'm good on most things (geography, history, arts, sciences, social sciences, current events, sports, whatever). if its a tv question from before the 90's don't call me.

i'm a two-time champion of the summer hiatus challenge on the sony jeopardy board.

i'm relatively young, i can handle stuff like current popular music and popular culture (i have no shame).

let me know how i can help.....just pm me. my schedule is pretty flexible i can work something out for most days.

thealexdavis

#17 Post by thealexdavis » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:02 am

I'm available and more than happy to help as well. I'm available for any of the July dates. Good with basically all pop culture and nearly anything movies/music/tv related. Know a lot of sports as well. Quick Googler also. Just let me know.

EugeneF

#18 Post by EugeneF » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:15 am

tlynn78 wrote:
just don't ask me sports or contemporary music (rap, grudge--anything since 1980).

lol - psst. I think it's 'grunge'.

t.

Don't trust me to do any stenography, either.

Eugene

Weyoun

#19 Post by Weyoun » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:18 am

I leave for Greece July 31, but I am can be a PAF if needed. I'm 3 for 3 lifetime at PAFs, and have some experience on the show myself.

TheSearchIsOn

#20 Post by TheSearchIsOn » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:00 am

TheSearchIsOn wrote:The calls start going out today and the tape dates will be here fast. Figured we ought to go ahead and start a list of potential phone-a-friends for if (WHEN!) anyone here gets called.

Gathered the information into a day-by-day format:

July 29

TheSearchIsOn - $64,000 winner on PT WWTBAM and million-point winner at PlayIt!

EugeneF - I am available for any of the days, and I wish that the show would let me do it everyday.
My fields of knowledge include history, literature, movies, opera, politics, religion, theater, art, etymology.
Oh what the Hell, just don't ask me sports or contemporary music (rap, grudge--anything since 1980).
As for my battlefield experience, I was on the OTHER gameshow, being a five-time winner (when that was the
limit) and finishing third in my Tournament of Champions. In a special tournment, I was the first human being to
beat Frank Spangenberg.

Jeemie - Depending on the times of the tape dates, I am available for all the days.

hanzz - My credentials:
Oh, and I'm good with Google and have a Wikipedia account.

booboola - My area of expertise is movies. TV was well. I'm full of pop culture info.

clem21 - I'm really good with History, Geography, Current Events Sports and all the Pop Culture that whippersnappers
know about the world of music and movies. I can google too.

goongas

earendel

MarleysGh0st

thealexdavis - I'm available and more than happy to help as well. Good with basically all pop culture and nearly anything
movies/music/tv related. Know a lot of sports as well. Quick Googler also. Just let me know.

July 30

EugeneF - I am available for any of the days, and I wish that the show would let me do it everyday.
My fields of knowledge include history, literature, movies, opera, politics, religion, theater, art, etymology.
Oh what the Hell, just don't ask me sports or contemporary music (rap, grudge--anything since 1980).
As for my battlefield experience, I was on the OTHER gameshow, being a five-time winner (when that was the
limit) and finishing third in my Tournament of Champions. In a special tournment, I was the first human being to
beat Frank Spangenberg.

Jeemie - Depending on the times of the tape dates, I am available for all the days.

hanzz - My credentials:

booboola - My area of expertise is movies. TV was well. I'm full of pop culture info.

clem21 - I'm really good with History, Geography, Current Events Sports and all the Pop Culture that whippersnappers

goongas

earendel

MarleysGh0st

thealexdavis - I'm available and more than happy to help as well. Good with basically all pop culture and nearly anything
movies/music/tv related. Know a lot of sports as well. Quick Googler also. Just let me know.

July 31

beat Frank Spangenberg.

hanzz - My credentials:

goongas

MarleysGh0st

August 3

beat Frank Spangenberg.

hanzz - My credentials:

goongas

August 4

beat Frank Spangenberg.

hanzz - My credentials:

goongas

August 5

beat Frank Spangenberg.

hanzz - My credentials:

goongas

Others that may be available depending on schedules:

sunflower - I am a Google master.

Schliemann - i'm willing and able to be a phone a friend if needed.
i'm good on most things (geography, history, arts, sciences, social sciences, current events, sports,
whatever). if its a tv question from before the 90's don't call me.
i'm a two-time champion of the summer hiatus challenge on the sony jeopardy board.
i'm relatively young, i can handle stuff like current popular music and popular culture (i have no shame).
let me know how i can help.....just pm me. my schedule is pretty flexible i can work something out for
most days.

Weyoun - I leave for Greece July 31, but I am can be a PAF if needed. I'm 3 for 3 lifetime at PAFs, and have some
experience on the show myself.

And the taping schedule, as provided by MarleysGh0st:

Incidentally, they don't have the July 29th date listed on the tickets page any more (booked, I presume) but they do have July 28th at 1:30 pm. That's probably a rehearsal session.
Last edited by TheSearchIsOn on Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#21 Post by sunflower » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:01 am

WHOA...that last post was way too long and unruly!!

TheSearchIsOn

#22 Post by TheSearchIsOn » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:03 am

Yeah, I think I have an idea on how to make it a bit more readable.

TheSearchIsOn

#23 Post by TheSearchIsOn » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:08 am

The calls start going out today and the tape dates will be here fast. Figured we ought to go ahead and start a list of potential phone-a-friends for if (WHEN!) anyone here gets called.

Gathered the information into a day-by-day format:

July 29

TheSearchIsOn
EugeneF
Jeemie
hanzz
booboola
clem21
goongas
earendel
MarleysGh0st
thealexdavis
ulysses5019

July 30

TheSearchIsOn
EugeneF
Jeemie
hanzz
booboola
clem21
goongas
earendel
MarleysGh0st
thealexdavis
ulysses5019

July 31

TheSearchIsOn
EugeneF
Jeemie
hanzz
booboola
clem21
goongas
MarleysGh0st
thealexdavis
ulysses5019

August 3

EugeneF
Jeemie
hanzz
booboola
clem21
goongas
ulysses5019

August 4

EugeneF
Jeemie
hanzz
booboola
clem21
goongas
ulysses5019

August 5

EugeneF
Jeemie
hanzz
booboola
clem21
goongas
ulysses5019

Here are some of the strengths/weaknesses of the above mentioned people:

beat Frank Spangenberg.

hanzz - My credentials:
Academy Awards buff
Spread of movies and TV and pop culture especially of this decade.
The Bible

ulysses5019 - I'm available everyday. I know everything that wintergreen doesn't. I'm usually sleeping when the phone rings.

Others that may be available depending on schedules:

sunflower - I am a Google master.

Schliemann - i'm willing and able to be a phone a friend if needed.
i'm good on most things (geography, history, arts, sciences, social sciences, current events, sports,
whatever). if its a tv question from before the 90's don't call me.
let me know how i can help.....just pm me. my schedule is pretty flexible i can work something out for
most days.

Weyoun - I leave for Greece July 31, but I am can be a PAF if needed. I'm 3 for 3 lifetime at PAFs, and have some
experience on the show myself.

Bob78164

And the taping schedule, as provided by MarleysGh0st:

Last edited by TheSearchIsOn on Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#24 Post by ulysses5019 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:08 am

I'm available everyday. I know everything that wintergreen doesn't. I'm usually sleeping when the phone rings.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

TheSearchIsOn

#25 Post by TheSearchIsOn » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:08 am

Any better sunflower?