Mike Johnson

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Weyoun

Mike Johnson

#1 Post by Weyoun » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:24 am

I’ve been critical of him in the past, but I think it’s proper to state here, for the record, he did the right thing regarding Ukraine aid.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Mike Johnson

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:13 pm

Yep.
Well, then

jarnon

#3 Post by jarnon » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:33 pm

In addition to other considerations that have been reported, such as intelligence briefings that Johnson got as Speaker, his deep Christian faith helped him reach this decision.

Evangelicals Who Support Ukraine Find Friend in Speaker Mike Johnson: ‘A Brother in Christ’

Senator McConnell explains why it’s taken so long to pass the same foreign aid bill that was introduced last year.

I knew most of this story. I’m surprised that Tucker Carlson still has so much influence, even after his ouster from Fox News.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:51 pm

I think Tucker has flown whatever coop.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:04 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:24 am
I’ve been critical of him in the past, but I think it’s proper to state here, for the record, he did the right thing regarding Ukraine aid.
The reason Democrats will probably vote, if necessary, against a motion to vacate is that (as far as I know) once Speaker Johnson gives his word, he can be relied upon to keep it, so as long as he's willing to deal with Democrats in good faith, he's acceptable.

McCarthy couldn't be trusted to keep his word so he had to go. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Spock

#6 Post by Spock » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:00 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Find any of those videos yet that I supposedly posted here showing that the "Ukrainians were all Queers?"

When I first saw the title of the thread-I figured that you were up to your old stunt from the initial Israel/Hamas thread and doing something like the "Jim Jordan/Pedophilia" Thing whatever the heck that was.

jarnon

#7 Post by jarnon » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:06 am

Biden’s remarks after signing the foreign aid bill:

Though he’s never an eloquent speaker, he forcefully explains how this bill strengthens our security.

At 8:30 he chides Congress for not strengthening the border as well. Surprising considering the years of criticism he has endured on this issue.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Weyoun

#8 Post by Weyoun » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:16 am

Spock wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:00 pm
Weyoun wrote:
Find any of those videos yet that I supposedly posted here showing that the "Ukrainians were all Queers?"

When I first saw the title of the thread-I figured that you were up to your old stunt from the initial Israel/Hamas thread and doing something like the "Jim Jordan/Pedophilia" Thing whatever the heck that was.
Then you were wrong - as usual.