Nah, it's not an invasion

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Message
Author
User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 14978
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#26 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:27 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:29 pm
It’s not like Muslim terrorists had trouble ever getting into the US…

And Donald “I’m the biggest friend of Israel ever” is just gonna offer plenty of red meat for terrorists.

The others raised great points, which as always are ignored by BiT (too racist) and tlynn (too boozed). This breathlessness over something that happened in Russia is hilarious from the folks who want to elect a guy who will gut the FBI because they hurt his feelings.
You need to watch comedian Brian Simpson. He'll help you understand racism.
You need to be careful who you call racist. It generally may reflect a weakness in your own mind that, hmmm, could that be me?

You need to be careful when you call someone a boozer, since it may reflect a weakness in your own mind...

Methinks thou dost protest too much.

Yada.
Well, then

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 8664
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#27 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:29 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:15 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:58 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:13 am


We already have evil and/or twisted people here, so what's a few more - that's your argument?
No, my argument is that if you're serious about limiting killings like this, instead of scoring political points by supposed worrying about hypothetical ISIS boogeymen, take steps to reduce the number of automatic weapons in this country.
Hypothetical isis bogeymen?
That's funny I don't care who yar.
He and Bobbles are a real comedy team.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 14978
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#28 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:37 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:29 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:15 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:58 am


No, my argument is that if you're serious about limiting killings like this, instead of scoring political points by supposed worrying about hypothetical ISIS boogeymen, take steps to reduce the number of automatic weapons in this country.
Hypothetical isis bogeymen?
That's funny I don't care who yar.
He and Bobbles are a real comedy team.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html
Hezbollah, too.
https://cis.org/Arthur/FBI-Director-War ... ing-Border
Well, then

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#29 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:52 pm

What would Donny have to do before you'd support prosecuting him for his crimes? Or is he simply immune from the same laws the rest of us have to follow? --Bob
Well, first of all, he would have to commit an actual crime. That would be kind of important. Not being who he is and having crimes manufactured and assigned to him from multiple directions coming at the same time.

For example, if he destroyed emails and hard drives that were under subpoena, I might have cause to be concerned. If he very publically and unilaterally intervened with threats of withholding approved federal aid to protect the company that paid Donald Jr, Eric or Ivanka millions of dollars for expertise they did not possess, I might look twice. You know, things like that. Things that all of us except prominent democrats have to follow.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 21647
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#30 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:48 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:22 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:03 am
[ Secretary Clinton did not deliberately and knowingly evade a subpoena.
You are, um, being untruthful.
You're wrong. Faux "News" has been lying to you. Again.

Lack of mens rea is precisely why she wasn't charged.

Leaving that aside, are you seriously taking the position that someone who deliberately failed to cooperate with demands to return classified documents, and lied in order to conceal his possession of those documents, shouldn't be charged? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#31 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:11 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:48 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:22 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:03 am
[ Secretary Clinton did not deliberately and knowingly evade a subpoena.
You are, um, being untruthful.
You're wrong. Faux "News" has been lying to you. Again.

Lack of mens rea is precisely why she wasn't charged.

Leaving that aside, are you seriously taking the position that someone who deliberately failed to cooperate with demands to return classified documents, and lied in order to conceal his possession of those documents, shouldn't be charged? --Bob
Yeah. mens rea. Sure. That's the ticket. Just like the senility excuse for biden. You are a piece of work. And so are the shitheads that think up this bullshit and get away with it.

Someone else expressed it better than that.
"In the matter of Hillary Rodham Clinton and her secret private e-mail server, there has been a great deal of talk about “mens rea,” the legal doctrine that people generally should not be prosecuted for crimes if they had no criminal intent. These arguments are pretty much 100 percent poppycock, inasmuch as Mrs. Clinton took conscious steps to violate the law, when she either knew or should have known that she was violating it, to achieve an illegal end, that being the evasion of ordinary oversight. Mens rea does not mean, “Well, we don’t think she really meant anything very bad, and she seems a decent sort, so, no prosecution for her.”

As I have written on a number of earlier occasions, it is necessary to keep this in mind: We are governed by criminals. The belief that sufficiently powerful political actors are constrained by statute or Constitution is a fiction, one that we would do well to liberate ourselves from immediately. "
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 8664
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#32 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:38 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:48 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:22 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:03 am
[ Secretary Clinton did not deliberately and knowingly evade a subpoena.
You are, um, being untruthful.
You're wrong. Faux "News" has been lying to you. Again.

Lack of mens rea is precisely why she wasn't charged.

Leaving that aside, are you seriously taking the position that someone who deliberately failed to cooperate with demands to return classified documents, and lied in order to conceal his possession of those documents, shouldn't be charged? --Bob
No Bob, "Faux News" isn't the one lying here. She did not lack the intent - Comey simply chose the chuckenshit way out by claiming they couldn't (wouldn't) prove intent.
Unlike you, I will wait for the evidence to come in on Trump's case
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 21647
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#33 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:08 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:38 pm
Unlike you, I will wait for the evidence to come in on Trump's case
Bullshit. You won't believe what you see. Or at least, you'll never admit that you believe it.

Curious, by the way, that you're waiting for the evidence to convict Donny, in contrast with finding Secretary Clinton guilty even though the federal official who handed Donny the election concluded that the evidence wouldn't support a conviction. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 8664
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#34 Post by tlynn78 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:18 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:08 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:38 pm
Unlike you, I will wait for the evidence to come in on Trump's case
Bullshit. You won't believe what you see. Or at least, you'll never admit that you believe it.

Curious, by the way, that you're waiting for the evidence to convict Donny, in contrast with finding Secretary Clinton guilty even though the federal official who handed Donny the election concluded that the evidence wouldn't support a conviction. --Bob
Lol
I didn't "find" Clinton guilty, bobbles, I believe her to be. It's called having an opinion based on the evidence we've seen. The biggest "crime" Trump is guilty of is beating Hilz, for which he's still paying.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 23274
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#35 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:16 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:06 pm
Migrants storm border in El Paso, Texas, overwhelming National Guard

Nothing to see here folks. Go ahead, vote for more of it.

Hundreds of migrants stormed across the border into El Paso, Texas, this morning, overwhelming Texas National Guard soldiers as they breached razor-wire barricades in a bid to push further into the United States.
Michigan GOP legislator posted about
‘illegal invaders’ at Detroit airport. It was Gonzaga’s March Madness team

A Republican state representative in Michigan, Rep. Matt Maddock, claimed on social media on Wednesday night that he had photo evidence of “illegal invaders” arriving at Detroit Metro Airport. One of the two photos Maddock posted on the platform called X, formerly known as Twitter, showed an Allegiant Air plane. The other photo showed three buses. Maddock wrote: “Happening right now. Three busses just loaded up with illegal invaders at Detroit Metro. Anyone have any idea where they’re headed with their police escort?”

Maddock’s claim is false. The buses were not for “illegal invaders”; they were for the men’s college basketball teams that landed at the Detroit airport to compete in the NCAA tournament known as March Madness. The only Allegiant Air flight to the airport on Wednesday was a charter flight that carried the team from Gonzaga University, which plays Purdue University on Friday.

“The four men’s basketball teams competing in the NCAA Tournament’s Sweet 16 at Little Caesars Arena arrived at DTW Wednesday evening. The buses seen in a photograph circulating online were transporting the basketball teams and their respective staffs,” the Wayne County Airport Authority, which operates the Detroit Metro Airport, said in an email to CNN on Thursday.

It’s not certain which team took the particular buses shown in Maddock’s photo. But Barrett Henderson, Gonzaga University’s assistant athletic director for communications, confirmed to CNN on Thursday that the team flew on an Allegiant plane, landed at Detroit Metro airport on Wednesday evening in the hour before Maddock’s post, and boarded buses that were waiting at the airport. An Allegiant spokesperson said Thursday that a charter flight carrying the Gonzaga team from Spokane, Washington, was the only Allegiant flight to the Detroit airport on Wednesday. That is corroborated by an online flight-tracking website. As for Maddock’s claim about “illegal invaders” getting a police escort? Henderson confirmed that the bus carrying Gonzaga’s players received a police escort to their hotel. Rob Anderson, sports information director at Creighton University, told CNN that their team landed at the airport on Wednesday afternoon, had buses waiting and received a police escort as well.

Hundreds of social media users quickly disputed Maddock’s post on Wednesday, but Maddock refused to concede. He replied to one of the many people who pointed out the plane and buses were likely for NCAA basketball teams: “Sure kommie. Good talking point.” Maddock continued to dig in on Thursday morning. He wrote a new post saying, “We know this is happening” and that hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants are “pouring into our country.” He added: “Since we can’t trust the #FakeNews to investigate, citizens will. The process of investigating these issues takes time.”
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Post Reply