Nah, it's not an invasion

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Message
Author
User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 12808
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Nah, it's not an invasion

#1 Post by BackInTex » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:06 pm

Migrants storm border in El Paso, Texas, overwhelming National Guard

Nothing to see here folks. Go ahead, vote for more of it.

Hundreds of migrants stormed across the border into El Paso, Texas, this morning, overwhelming Texas National Guard soldiers as they breached razor-wire barricades in a bid to push further into the United States.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

wbtravis007
Posts: 1367
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:15 pm
Location: Skipperville, Tx.

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#2 Post by wbtravis007 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:05 am

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:06 pm
Migrants storm border in El Paso, Texas, overwhelming National Guard

Nothing to see here folks. Go ahead, vote for more of it.

Hundreds of migrants stormed across the border into El Paso, Texas, this morning, overwhelming Texas National Guard soldiers as they breached razor-wire barricades in a bid to push further into the United States.
So … do weapons matter, or not?

User avatar
jarnon
Posts: 6293
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Merion, Pa.

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#3 Post by jarnon » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:40 am

jarnon wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:38 pm
Despite their endless partisan bickering, Congress has agreed on a compromise bill to fund the Dept. of Homeland Security.

BILL SUMMARY
It includes:
  • Over $400 million for CBP to improve detection and seizure of fentanyl
  • $650 million to state and local governments and NGOs to provide life-saving humanitarian assistance
  • Increased ICE detention bed capacity
  • 22,000 Border Patrol agents
  • More visas for our Afghan war allies
This shows what can be accomplished when elected officials put securing the border ahead of scoring political points. The February Senate compromise border bill would have accomplished even more.

Meanwhile, Pennsylvania State Senate Republicans asked Gov. Shapiro to send National Guard troops to Texas to bolster Gov. Abbott. I can guess what his answer is.
Last edited by jarnon on Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#4 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:00 am

Stop inviting the world to come here. That would be nice.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 23274
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:19 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:00 am
Stop inviting the world to come here. That would be nice.
This guy would disagree with you.
Ronald Reagan 1989 wrote:Thanks to each wave of new arrivals to this land of opportunity, we're a nation forever young, forever bursting with energy and new ideas, and always on the cutting edge, always leading the world to the next frontier. This quality is vital to our future as a nation. If we ever closed the door to new Americans, our leadership in the world would soon be lost.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

wbtravis007
Posts: 1367
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:15 pm
Location: Skipperville, Tx.

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#6 Post by wbtravis007 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:32 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:00 am
Stop inviting the world to come here. That would be nice.
Man. No kidding.

One of the most mean-spirited and cynical political stunts in my memory has been the non-stop dissemination from day one of the propaganda that we have "open borders." I have no doubt whatsoever that countless desperate people were strongly influenced by the spread of that canard, and motivated by it to pay a lot of money and make other terrible choices, resulting in an exacerbation of what was already a terrible situation and, ultimately, the unmitigated disaster that we have now. There's been a lot of heartache and suffering caused by that for people on all sides.

I put most of the blame on the political operatives that have been behind it, but some culpability also rests with people who are ignorant and gullible enough to believe the kind of crap that flock's friend from South Texas put out last week, and then repeat it with additional distortions and lies, like it's a cruel version of the old telephone game.

I'm astonished by how many people seem to honestly believe that the Biden administration has adopted a policy of "open borders" in order to gain a political advantage of some sort. Hearing people espouse something that is so nonsensical on its face is very disheartening.

I swanee!

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 8664
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#7 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:15 pm

jarnon wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:40 am
jarnon wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:38 pm
Despite their endless partisan bickering, Congress has agreed on a compromise bill to fund the Dept. of Homeland Security.

BILL SUMMARY
It includes:
  • Over $400 million for CBP to improve detection and seizure of fentanyl
  • $650 million to state and local governments and NGOs to provide life-saving humanitarian assistance
  • Increased ICE detention bed capacity
  • 22,000 Border Patrol agents
  • More visas for our Afghan war allies
This shows what can be accomplished when elected officials put securing the border ahead of scoring political points. The February Senate compromise border bill would have accomplished even more.

Meanwhile, Pennsylvania State Senate Republicans asked Gov. Shapiro to send National Guard troops to Texas to bolster Gov. Abbott. I can guess what his answer is.
OR, Biden could simply use his pen. But that would not score political points.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 12808
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#8 Post by BackInTex » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:51 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:19 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:00 am
Stop inviting the world to come here. That would be nice.
This guy would disagree with you.
Ronald Reagan 1989 wrote:Thanks to each wave of new arrivals to this land of opportunity, we're a nation forever young, forever bursting with energy and new ideas, and always on the cutting edge, always leading the world to the next frontier. This quality is vital to our future as a nation. If we ever closed the door to new Americans, our leadership in the world would soon be lost.
He would whole heartedly agree and rip you a new one for taking his words out of context. Reagan was a law and order guy, unlike you who thinks laws are for suckers b
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 23274
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#9 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:13 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:51 pm
Reagan was a law and order guy, unlike you who thinks laws are for suckers
Spoken by someone whose party's once and future standard bearer has four indictments and 88 felony charges against him.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#10 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:58 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:13 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:51 pm
Reagan was a law and order guy, unlike you who thinks laws are for suckers
Spoken by someone whose party's once and future standard bearer has four indictments and 88 felony charges against him.
All made up and convoluted, unprecedented interpretations of 'laws' made up for politically motivated purposes. And evil people like you salivate at it.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 12808
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#11 Post by BackInTex » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:45 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:58 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:13 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:51 pm
Reagan was a law and order guy, unlike you who thinks laws are for suckers
Spoken by someone whose party's once and future standard bearer has four indictments and 88 felony charges against him.
All made up and convoluted, unprecedented interpretations of 'laws' made up for politically motivated purposes. And evil people like you salivate at it.
They don’t care. Just like Castro didn’t care. Whatever you have to do to eliminate your political enemies.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

wbtravis007
Posts: 1367
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:15 pm
Location: Skipperville, Tx.

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#12 Post by wbtravis007 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:08 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:15 pm
jarnon wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:40 am
jarnon wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:38 pm
Despite their endless partisan bickering, Congress has agreed on a compromise bill to fund the Dept. of Homeland Security.

BILL SUMMARY
It includes:
  • Over $400 million for CBP to improve detection and seizure of fentanyl
  • $650 million to state and local governments and NGOs to provide life-saving humanitarian assistance
  • Increased ICE detention bed capacity
  • 22,000 Border Patrol agents
  • More visas for our Afghan war allies
This shows what can be accomplished when elected officials put securing the border ahead of scoring political points. The February Senate compromise border bill would have accomplished even more.

Meanwhile, Pennsylvania State Senate Republicans asked Gov. Shapiro to send National Guard troops to Texas to bolster Gov. Abbott. I can guess what his answer is.
OR, Biden could simply use his pen. But that would not score political points.
Do tell, please, what he should do with that magic wand.

I’m really hoping that you’ll be able to explain to me that the solution really isn’t very complicated or difficult.

Please be specific.

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 12808
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#13 Post by BackInTex » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:54 am

wbtravis007 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:08 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:15 pm
jarnon wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:40 am
It includes:
  • Over $400 million for CBP to improve detection and seizure of fentanyl
  • $650 million to state and local governments and NGOs to provide life-saving humanitarian assistance
  • Increased ICE detention bed capacity
  • 22,000 Border Patrol agents
  • More visas for our Afghan war allies
This shows what can be accomplished when elected officials put securing the border ahead of scoring political points. The February Senate compromise border bill would have accomplished even more.

Meanwhile, Pennsylvania State Senate Republicans asked Gov. Shapiro to send National Guard troops to Texas to bolster Gov. Abbott. I can guess what his answer is.
OR, Biden could simply use his pen. But that would not score political points.
Do tell, please, what he should do with that magic wand.

I’m really hoping that you’ll be able to explain to me that the solution really isn’t very complicated or difficult.

Please be specific.

It's pretty simple really. Biden doesn't even have to use a pen. Just enforce the laws on the books. Quit allowing people to come in to the country ILLEGALLY and if they do, send them back, do not allow them to stay, do not provide them money, do not allow them to pass GO. And if anyone storms the border, attacks our border defenders, wheter they be National Guard, DPS Officers, Border Patrols, or local sheriffs, they should be deterred with the same energy as we would if they were wearing military uniforms of another country.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 12808
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#14 Post by BackInTex » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:55 am

BackInTex wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:54 am
wbtravis007 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:08 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:15 pm


OR, Biden could simply use his pen. But that would not score political points.
Do tell, please, what he should do with that magic wand.

I’m really hoping that you’ll be able to explain to me that the solution really isn’t very complicated or difficult.

Please be specific.

It's pretty simple really. Biden doesn't even have to use a pen. Just enforce the laws on the books. Quit allowing people to come in to the country ILLEGALLY and if they do, send them back, do not allow them to stay, do not provide them money, do not allow them to pass GO. And if anyone storms the border, attacks our border defenders, wheter they be National Guard, DPS Officers, Border Patrols, or local sheriffs, they should be deterred with the same energy as we would if they were wearing military uniforms of another country.
How many ISIS members does it take to kill hundreds as a concert? How many do you think have already crossed our borders in the past 4 years? If you think the former is more than the later, you are a fool.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 8664
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#15 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:00 am

wbtravis007 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:08 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:15 pm
jarnon wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:40 am
It includes:
  • Over $400 million for CBP to improve detection and seizure of fentanyl
  • $650 million to state and local governments and NGOs to provide life-saving humanitarian assistance
  • Increased ICE detention bed capacity
  • 22,000 Border Patrol agents
  • More visas for our Afghan war allies
This shows what can be accomplished when elected officials put securing the border ahead of scoring political points. The February Senate compromise border bill would have accomplished even more.

Meanwhile, Pennsylvania State Senate Republicans asked Gov. Shapiro to send National Guard troops to Texas to bolster Gov. Abbott. I can guess what his answer is.
OR, Biden could simply use his pen. But that would not score political points.
Do tell, please, what he should do with that magic wand.

I’m really hoping that you’ll be able to explain to me that the solution really isn’t very complicated or difficult.

Please be specific.
What BiT said. Or, and I'll type slowly to help your understanding, he can use his pen to restore Trump's EOs regarding the border, which were working quite well before Biden rescinded them.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 23274
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#16 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:55 am

BackInTex wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:55 am
How many ISIS members does it take to kill hundreds as a concert? How many do you think have already crossed our borders in the past 4 years? If you think the former is more than the later, you are a fool.
If you're worried about mass casualty events at concerts, you're several years and many mass killings too late. There's plenty of American citizens already here in the United States more than happy to shoot up major venues. And they all get their guns here in the US. Hmm, maybe we should do something about those types of guns.

And for what it's worth, considering the ethnic makeup of much of eastern Russia, it's very likely that these ISIS members were homegrown in Russia and then radicalized.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 8664
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#17 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:13 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:55 am
BackInTex wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:55 am
How many ISIS members does it take to kill hundreds as a concert? How many do you think have already crossed our borders in the past 4 years? If you think the former is more than the later, you are a fool.
If you're worried about mass casualty events at concerts, you're several years and many mass killings too late. There's plenty of American citizens already here in the United States more than happy to shoot up major venues. And they all get their guns here in the US. Hmm, maybe we should do something about those types of guns.

And for what it's worth, considering the ethnic makeup of much of eastern Russia, it's very likely that these ISIS members were homegrown in Russia and then radicalized.
We already have evil and/or twisted people here, so what's a few more - that's your argument?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 23274
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#18 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:58 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:13 am
silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:55 am
BackInTex wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:55 am
How many ISIS members does it take to kill hundreds as a concert? How many do you think have already crossed our borders in the past 4 years? If you think the former is more than the later, you are a fool.
If you're worried about mass casualty events at concerts, you're several years and many mass killings too late. There's plenty of American citizens already here in the United States more than happy to shoot up major venues. And they all get their guns here in the US. Hmm, maybe we should do something about those types of guns.

And for what it's worth, considering the ethnic makeup of much of eastern Russia, it's very likely that these ISIS members were homegrown in Russia and then radicalized.
We already have evil and/or twisted people here, so what's a few more - that's your argument?
No, my argument is that if you're serious about limiting killings like this, instead of scoring political points by supposed worrying about hypothetical ISIS boogeymen, take steps to reduce the number of automatic weapons in this country.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 21647
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#19 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:18 am

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:45 pm
They don’t care. Just like Castro didn’t care. Whatever you have to do to eliminate your political enemies.
That sounds like an apt description of how Republicans avowedly went after Secretary Clinton's handling of classified documents for political reasons.

If anyone else had handled classified documents the way that Donny did, intentionally defying and evading lawful commands to return them, they'd already be in jail. Donny is being treated with kid gloves. What would Donny have to do before you'd support prosecuting him for his crimes? Or is he simply immune from the same laws that the rest of us have to follow? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 8664
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#20 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:42 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:18 am
BackInTex wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:45 pm
They don’t care. Just like Castro didn’t care. Whatever you have to do to eliminate your political enemies.
That sounds like an apt description of how Republicans avowedly went after Secretary Clinton's handling of classified documents for political reasons.

If anyone else had handled classified documents the way that Donny did, intentionally defying and evading lawful commands to return them, they'd already be in jail. Donny is being treated with kid gloves. What would Donny have to do before you'd support prosecuting him for his crimes? Or is he simply immune from the same laws that the rest of us have to follow? --Bob
Do you understand what a subpoena is? I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure destroying information under subpoena is a crime - maybe not on par with "evading lawful commands"apparently. I can't quite decide if you are really this stupid or just a complete hypocrite - although both is within the reach of possibility.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 21647
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#21 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:03 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:42 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:18 am
BackInTex wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:45 pm
They don’t care. Just like Castro didn’t care. Whatever you have to do to eliminate your political enemies.
That sounds like an apt description of how Republicans avowedly went after Secretary Clinton's handling of classified documents for political reasons.

If anyone else had handled classified documents the way that Donny did, intentionally defying and evading lawful commands to return them, they'd already be in jail. Donny is being treated with kid gloves. What would Donny have to do before you'd support prosecuting him for his crimes? Or is he simply immune from the same laws that the rest of us have to follow? --Bob
Do you understand what a subpoena is? I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure destroying information under subpoena is a crime - maybe not on par with "evading lawful commands"apparently. I can't quite decide if you are really this stupid or just a complete hypocrite - although both is within the reach of possibility.
Accidents aren't (usually) crimes. Secretary Clinton did not deliberately and knowingly evade a subpoena.

Donny deliberately and knowingly refused to return classified documents, and he deliberately and knowingly hid those documents in order to evade the government's demands to return them. I realize my answer uses words with more than one syllable, but I still have some hope it's simple enough for you to understand.

I'll ask you the same question I asked BiT. What would Donny have to do before you'd support prosecuting him for his crimes? Or is he simply immune from the same laws the rest of us have to follow? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 12808
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#22 Post by BackInTex » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:22 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:03 am
[ Secretary Clinton did not deliberately and knowingly evade a subpoena.
You are, um, being untruthful.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

wbtravis007
Posts: 1367
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:15 pm
Location: Skipperville, Tx.

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#23 Post by wbtravis007 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:36 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:00 am
wbtravis007 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:08 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:15 pm


OR, Biden could simply use his pen. But that would not score political points.
Do tell, please, what he should do with that magic wand.

I’m really hoping that you’ll be able to explain to me that the solution really isn’t very complicated or difficult.

Please be specific.
What BiT said. Or, and I'll type slowly to help your understanding, he can use his pen to restore Trump's EOs regarding the border, which were working quite well before Biden rescinded them.
Thanks for typing slowly. That helped.

Believe it or not, I knew that we were talking about EOs — not magic wands. What I was asking, though, is: what specific orders are you talking about? I know that you’re aware that some of them were struck down.

Most people who pop off about these issues don’t really know what the hell they’re talking about — just the talking points repeated over and over in their echo chambers. I was (and am) hoping that you are an exception in that regard and can enlighten me.

Or maybe BiT can.

User avatar
Weyoun
Posts: 2325
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:36 pm

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#24 Post by Weyoun » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:29 pm

It’s not like Muslim terrorists had trouble ever getting into the US…

And Donald “I’m the biggest friend of Israel ever” is just gonna offer plenty of red meat for terrorists.

The others raised great points, which as always are ignored by BiT (too racist) and tlynn (too boozed). This breathlessness over something that happened in Russia is hilarious from the folks who want to elect a guy who will gut the FBI because they hurt his feelings.

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 14978
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Nah, it's not an invasion

#25 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:15 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:58 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:13 am
silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:55 am


If you're worried about mass casualty events at concerts, you're several years and many mass killings too late. There's plenty of American citizens already here in the United States more than happy to shoot up major venues. And they all get their guns here in the US. Hmm, maybe we should do something about those types of guns.

And for what it's worth, considering the ethnic makeup of much of eastern Russia, it's very likely that these ISIS members were homegrown in Russia and then radicalized.
We already have evil and/or twisted people here, so what's a few more - that's your argument?
No, my argument is that if you're serious about limiting killings like this, instead of scoring political points by supposed worrying about hypothetical ISIS boogeymen, take steps to reduce the number of automatic weapons in this country.
Hypothetical isis bogeymen?
That's funny I don't care who yar.
Well, then

Post Reply