Steyn on Bree Fram-The Military's Pronoun Guy

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Spock

Steyn on Bree Fram-The Military's Pronoun Guy

#1 Post by Spock » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:56 am

Classic Steyn.

https://www.steynonline.com/14122/red-s ... the-sunset

>>>""Dignity and respect is the bare minimum," instructs Lieutenant-Colonel Fram. No, it isn't. Not when you're blowing through close to a trillion dollars per annum and you haven't won anything that matters since 1945. Why should any such institution command any "respect"? After the endless unwon wars of the twenty-first century, Ms Fram's only concern is which pronouns we use to lose the next one - because "inclusion is a national-security imperative":<<<<

>>>"Really? The Taliban may be the least inclusive military on earth, and they kicked your pert transitioned butts. The short history of the Pentagon 1943-2024 is that it's an unlimited-budget version of Monty Python's "Lumberjack Song" - so butch in the first verse, and totally tranny by the end:"<<<<

Weyoun

Re: Steyn on Bree Fram-The Military's Pronoun Guy

#2 Post by Weyoun » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:59 am

I see Steyn like Spock is a shadow of his former self.

When did the Taliban kick our butt? I don’t remember that part. I remember us babysitting the country for nearly 2 decades, and then the place falling apart as soon as we left, which suggests that we were the only thing holding things together.

What do you call either military campaign against Iraq? I’m not talking about the occupation, I’m talking about rolling over a fairly large country really with an a matter of days, twice.

Never mind the various other actions over the past few years, that do show the value of our military force. All of these actions, by the way, before this pronoun stuff was even on the radar.

A lot of retroactive quarterbacking by Steyn. And once again, a lot of weird, anti-Americanism and anti-military sentiment from the alt-right.

You keep asking why do we think you’re a fan of Putin? I think it’s because you’re obsessed with this pronoun thing, so you were rooting for Russia, quite obviously, during the early days of that awful invasion, solely for that reason, posting videos of how the Ukrainians were all queer. You thought somehow big manly country killing a bunch of folks would set a good example. This stuff continues now. There’s absolutely no reason to take Putin out of his word - see his suggestion that WW2 was of course Poland’s fault - but fanboys lick it up anyway, because they want to own the libs.

jarnon

#3 Post by jarnon » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:08 am

In general, I’d say a military that’s inclusive of the widest possible population has an advantage. World War II would have been very different if Hitler had embraced “Jewish science,” or if the English had excluded Turing, a gay man, from Bletchley Park.

Inclusion has societal advantages too. Have you seen any war movies? GIs are thrown together who’d never meet otherwise: Italians, Southerners, Midwestern farmers, Jews, and in later wars women and blacks too. After initial friction, they learn to get along. Even though most BBs aren’t veterans, we all learned tolerance in integrated schools, church, sports teams, etc.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:15 am

jarnon wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:08 am
In general, I’d say a military that’s inclusive of the widest possible population has an advantage. World War II would have been very different if Hitler had embraced “Jewish science,” or if the English had excluded Turing, a gay man, from Bletchley Park.

Inclusion has societal advantages too. Have you seen any war movies? GIs are thrown together who’d never meet otherwise: Italians, Southerners, Midwestern farmers, Jews, and in later wars women and blacks too. After initial friction, they learn to get along. Even though most BBs aren’t veterans, we all learned tolerance in integrated schools, church, sports teams, etc.
Diversity for diversity's sake is wrong. Period. That is what the Biden admin and current military leadership seems to be focused on. Giving a lesson to those who need to be taught. They are not trying to get the best people for the job regardless of one's diverse characteristics. It is precisely the diverse characteristics they are looking at first. That is the crux of this topic. At least in my opinion.

That said, completeness of diversity is senseless. Should we include physically and mentally diabled folks on the front lines? Should there not be age limits, but lower and upper, and ensure all age groups are properly represented? Of course not. We should recruit based on specific attributes that apply to the duty being recruited for. And there should be disqualifying attributes as well, by duty.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

flockofseagulls104

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:40 am

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:15 am
jarnon wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:08 am

Diversity for diversity's sake is wrong. Period. That is what the Biden admin and current military leadership seems to be focused on. Giving a lesson to those who need to be taught. They are not trying to get the best people for the job regardless of one's diverse characteristics. It is precisely the diverse characteristics they are looking at first. That is the crux of this topic. At least in my opinion.

That said, completeness of diversity is senseless. Should we include physically and mentally diabled folks on the front lines? Should there not be age limits, but lower and upper, and ensure all age groups are properly represented? Of course not. We should recruit based on specific attributes that apply to the duty being recruited for. And there should be disqualifying attributes as well, by duty.
I still go with Rush Limbaugh's definition. The sole purpose of the military is to kill people and break things. If that offends you, sorry. It is the truth. Not some kind of social club. Period.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:20 am

Lest we forget, here's Spock drooling over a Vladimir Putin recruitment video:
Spock 2/25/22 wrote:This video comparing US and Russian military recruitment has been floating around for awhile, but it struck me that many here in the bubble that SSS and the Bobs live in may not have seen it.

Posted without comment as none is needed.

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/statu ... 0538131468
How'd that turn out for those crack Russian troops in Ukraine? 400,000 casualties and counting. One thing Putin has managed is solving his prison overpopulation problems.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:26 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:20 am
Spock 2/25/22 wrote:This video comparing US and Russian military recruitment has been floating around for awhile, but it struck me that many here in the bubble that SSS and the Bobs live in may not have seen it.

How'd that turn out for those crack Russian troops in Ukraine? 400,000 casualties and counting. One thing Putin has managed is solving his prison overpopulation problems.
For you with no reasoning power. He's showing how Putin is smarter than our current powers that be. Not siding with him in any way. It shouldn't have to even be explained. But there's where we are.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:28 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:40 am
The sole purpose of the military is to kill people and break things. If that offends you, sorry. It is the truth. Not some kind of social club. Period.
It took a long time for the social club to allow blacks to be anything besides cooks and chauffeurs. It took a long time for the social club to allow women in frontline units. How does our army perform today compared to those times before it was ruined by wokeness and political correctness?

silverscreenselect

#9 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:34 am

Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:26 am
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:20 am

For you with no reasoning power. He's showing how Putin is smarter than our current powers that be. Not siding with him in any way. It shouldn't have to even be explained. But there's where we are.
Of all the dumb things you've said on this Bored, this may be the dumbest. Do you really think the Russian troops in Ukraine are better than our forces? I think even Spock realizes how poorly that post of his has aged.

BackInTex

#10 Post by BackInTex » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:04 pm

Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:28 am
Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:40 am
The sole purpose of the military is to kill people and break things. If that offends you, sorry. It is the truth. Not some kind of social club. Period.
It took a long time for the social club to allow blacks to be anything besides cooks and chauffeurs. It took a long time for the social club to allow women in frontline units. How does our army perform today compared to those times before it was ruined by wokeness and political correctness?
I'm not agreeing the military has been ruined or even we shouldn't have gays in it, but your question is a pretty dumb one if you're trying to prove your point, because it does the opposite. The answer: success of our military the past 6 decades compared to the 6 decades prior is very poor (if grading on winning wars).
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Spock

#11 Post by Spock » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:29 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:59 am

When did the Taliban kick our butt? I don’t remember that part. I remember us babysitting the country for nearly 2 decades, and then the place falling apart as soon as we left, which suggests that we were the only thing holding things together.

What do you call either military campaign against Iraq? I’m not talking about the occupation, I’m talking about rolling over a fairly large country really with an a matter of days, twice.

Never mind the various other actions over the past few years, that do show the value of our military force. All of these actions, by the way, before this pronoun stuff was even on the radar.

A lot of retroactive quarterbacking by Steyn. And once again, a lot of weird, anti-Americanism and anti-military sentiment from the alt-right.

You keep asking why do we think you’re a fan of Putin? I think it’s because you’re obsessed with this pronoun thing, so you were rooting for Russia, quite obviously, during the early days of that awful invasion, solely for that reason, posting videos of how the Ukrainians were all queer. You thought somehow big manly country killing a bunch of folks would set a good example. This stuff continues now. There’s absolutely no reason to take Putin out of his word - see his suggestion that WW2 was of course Poland’s fault - but fanboys lick it up anyway, because they want to own the libs.
You must have me confused with one of the dark corners of the internet that you seem to frequent. I certainly don't recall posting, or even thinking for that matter, that the Ukrainians were all queer. This is the first time that thought has polluted my mind-Thanks to You.

Yeah, leaving billions of dollars in weapons to the Taliban was a hallmark of the brilliance of our Pentagon. Go get 'em boys-er, I mean girls or whatever.

Respect is earned, not demanded. As a matter of course, I respect Navy Seals because they earned it.

But a man in a dress demanding my respect hasn't earned it. Now if things cook off with China and the Space Force successfully defends our Space assets from the Chinese and I find out that he was instrumental in that success. Then he will have my respect.

Frankly, I had no idea that Putin claimed that WW2 was Poland's fault as I pay very little attention to Putin or Russia.

Personally, I view China as the greater threat and prefer to focus my attention there. As I am just a dumb Redneck, I am sure that US National Security can survive with me thinking more about China than Russia.

Spock

#12 Post by Spock » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:51 am

Spock wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:29 pm
Weyoun wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:59 am

You must have me confused with one of the dark corners of the internet that you seem to frequent. I certainly don't recall posting, or even thinking for that matter, that the Ukrainians were all queer. This is the first time that thought has polluted my mind-Thanks to You.

Yeah, leaving billions of dollars in weapons to the Taliban was a hallmark of the brilliance of our Pentagon. Go get 'em boys-er, I mean girls or whatever.

Respect is earned, not demanded. As a matter of course, I respect Navy Seals because they earned it.

But a man in a dress demanding my respect hasn't earned it. Now if things cook off with China and the Space Force successfully defends our Space assets from the Chinese and I find out that he was instrumental in that success. Then he will have my respect.

Frankly, I had no idea that Putin claimed that WW2 was Poland's fault as I pay very little attention to Putin or Russia.

Personally, I view China as the greater threat and prefer to focus my attention there. As I am just a dumb Redneck, I am sure that US National Security can survive with me thinking more about China than Russia.
Now when I say that I spend very little time thinking about Russia and Putin, I mean relatively speaking. I bet that I have spent more time reading and studying strategic aspects of the Russia situation than SSS and Weyoun whose level of analysis seems to be limited to the "Putin-Lover" level.

Let's see, there are Peter Zeihan and Tim Marshall's stuff and others in the same vein and any number episodes of my School of War podcast-etc etc

I am always amused when men like Mr. Fram want to be treated as a competent, mature woman but they generally choose little girl/stripper/drag queen names like "Bree." Looks like they might have some issues to work through. Why not basic adult woman names like Carol or Diane or Cheryl etc? Note that the transexual in Steyn's column went from "James" to the equally boring name of "Jan."