About My Thoughts on a possible Civil War

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
jarnon

Re: About My Thoughts on a possible Civil War

#26 Post by jarnon » Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:54 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:28 pm
jarnon wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:16 pm
Or is it to split America into two countries? I fear that a divided country would be weaker and unable to stand up to our enemies.
I've always felt that if the South had somehow won the Civil War, we wouldn't have two Americas today. We'd have a half dozen or more with different factions finding ever less compelling reasons to split off from the others.
Around the world and throughout history, there’s been tension between the desire for small homogeneous states and the need to unify to deter aggressors.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Spock

#27 Post by Spock » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:11 pm

Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:44 pm
Spock wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:14 am
It is common for hunters to bring things like school supplies to villages where the kids are ecstatic to get things like pencils. I am sure in SSS's world that is all an act and there is a fully equipped, modern school hidden where the hunters don't see it. What a dark, cynical and yet polly-annish world-view he has.
So, the hunters, who pass out goodies to the locals, decide which villages to stop along the way. How long do you think those villagers would keep getting those goodies if they didn't put on a good show for people like you? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that. It's entertainment, just like the Polynesian cultural center Mrs. SSS and I visited on our trip to Hawaii was staged entertainment. But I didn't mistake it for an authentic Polynesian experience.

I know that the vast majority of the "experiences" I had on my trips to the Caribbean and Central America were staged. We took a jungle tour in Honduras where we happened to stop at a "local" restaurant. I know darn well that the restaurant was carefully selected to be sure Mrs. SSS and I had a good experience.

One simple question. On all your excursions, did you ever have the opportunity to go off on your own exploring whatever you wanted to see without someone guiding you to the native villages?
I remembered something about Africa that I find endlessly fascinating.

Over multiple trips, I have noticed that Africans, especially White Africans, tend to have multiple irons in the fire. They have to, to make a good living.

in 2023, one of our guys was trying to start some sort of farm/butcher shop/meat purveyor with his father in law and he spent a lot of time on the phone about it. He tried not to do it when he was with us as we were his focus-but I didn't care as I am fascinated by this aspect of African life.

In 2013, the guys had some sort of gold mine thing going in another part of Zimbabwe.

etc etc

i am sure that SSS would tell us that this is just an act and they are just trying to get a bigger tip.

Spock

#28 Post by Spock » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:15 pm

jarnon wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:16 pm
Spock, nobody on the left is envisioning a civil war, and thinking about what the U.S. military would do and who would win. As I posted earlier, Biden’s comment is explaining why the 18th century notion of armed civilians fighting an authoritarian regime isn’t relevant today. He juxtaposes AR-15s with F-15s to make it a bit humorous. Yet you keep posting about a potential civil war, and inform us that it’s a topic of conversation on right-wing websites.

The Civil War was fought to preserve the Southern economy and culture, which were dependent on slavery. What is the goal of a civil war today? Is it to impose conservative values and restrict abortion, immigration, LGBT rights, etc.? Or is it to split America into two countries? I fear that a divided country would be weaker and unable to stand up to our enemies.

I hope this speculation is limited to people like you who enjoy exploring hypothetical situations. Most Americans would rather expend their energy trying to get along better.
Ha ha-funny funny-great comedy gold-bring up multiple times the idea of bombing Americans with Jets. What war gaming scenarios has he seen anyway?

Why should I cut Biden any slack? You guys have never cut Trump any slack and you have always taken everything he says 100% completely literally. Why can't I do that to Biden?

silverscreenselect

#29 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:17 pm

Spock wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:11 pm
One simple question. On all your excursions, did you ever have the opportunity to go off on your own exploring whatever you wanted to see without someone guiding you to the native villages?
i am sure that SSS would tell us that this is just an act and they are just trying to get a bigger tip.
So, since you ignored my question and responded about some sort of gold mine venture, I'll assume the answer is no.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#30 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:17 pm

Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:17 pm
Spock wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:11 pm
So, since you ignored my question and responded about some sort of gold mine venture, I'll assume the answer is no.
Since you will not venture to say the bullshit you are implying, how many times have you ever been to Africa yourself, trollboy? Are you going to bless us with your superior knowledge and experience?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#31 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:45 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:17 pm
Since you will not venture to say the bullshit you are implying, how many times have you ever been to Africa yourself, trollboy? Are you going to bless us with your superior knowledge and experience?
I've never been to Africa, but I'm not the one proclaiming my expertise on African culture.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

wbtravis007

#32 Post by wbtravis007 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:46 am

Spock wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:58 am
wbtravis007 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:48 am
Spock wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:16 pm
I have been musing about something today and I don't why I am bothering to share it here as it will certainly open me up to attacks-but whatever, I found this thought process interesting.

I am going to start with the stipulation that, of course, I am talking about Joe Average citizens and not any war gaming and such that the government may have done.

I will start by admitting that I fully believe that the Red Team (my side) has done far more serious thinking about a Civil War than the Blue Team. There, everybody can start by getting their pearl clutching and panty wadding and such out of the way.

Reasoning:

It is very common for internet trollboys to show up on general conservative and Second Amendment sites with some variation of the old chestnut that we have seen here dozens of times. And that is "Ha, Ha, Losers, You can't fight the US Military with Rifles."

Now this raises certain questions that the trollboys never answer. The most important one is: "Why do you think the military would be on your side?" and various permutations of that such as "How would the the military split (or not) in a Civil War situation?"

Because of the constant trollboy assault with the same basic crap-I think the Red Team has thought pretty seriously about how the military might break in a Civil War situation and I don't think we would be surprised at any possible iteration of where the military might go.

Conversely, I think Blue Team with its simplistic "Ha, Ha, Losers, You can't fight the US Military with rifles" outlook would be very shocked if the military doesn't go 100% Blue Team.

I could do more-but you catch my basic point.
I guess I’d better put a Trump sign up so y’all won’t try to come in my house and kill me and my family.

But, I guess I’ll also have to figure out something to save us from the Communists, seein’s how we are conservatives in rural Texas and what not.

Man. You’ve really got to be nimble these days!

I swannee!
Pearls before swine. I didn't say anything about killing your family. I was engaging in a thought exercise about how people think about how the military might act in a Civil War situation. Which since you guys throw around the military all the time is a natural thought process to enter.
Well … I wasn’t actually worried about needing to be nimble.

Guess you could say that I was “engaging in a thought exercise” about what the best strategy would be if the immature ignoramuses who are either hyped up on elevated levels of testosterone or have teeny wookuses (or both) ever were to pursue their fantasies of collectively trying to justify their stockpiles.

Which, of course, they would never do.

Spock

#33 Post by Spock » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:25 pm

Travis>>>"Well … I wasn’t actually worried about needing to be nimble.

Guess you could say that I was “engaging in a thought exercise” about what the best strategy would be if the immature ignoramuses who are either hyped up on elevated levels of testosterone or have teeny wookuses (or both) ever were to pursue their fantasies of collectively trying to justify their stockpiles."<<<
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Oh, no-He said I have a small "wookus". What an original argument. Well according to his wife, mine is larger than his.

Yeah, nobody on the Left is talking Civil War.

Keith Olberman

https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/stat ... 8232749058

>>>""We are OWNED by guns. Only one thing will change that.

"We must have Economic Civil War. Blue States must financially starve the Red States, the Gun Lobby, the GOP, the Death Lobby, and the crooked judiciary into submission.
<<<<<<<<<<<

As President Biden and, now Olberman indicate, I guess it's OK to issue inflammatory rhetoric about a Civil War if you want to take away the guns.

wbtravis007

#34 Post by wbtravis007 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:15 pm

Spock wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:25 pm
Travis>>>"Well … I wasn’t actually worried about needing to be nimble.

Guess you could say that I was “engaging in a thought exercise” about what the best strategy would be if the immature ignoramuses who are either hyped up on elevated levels of testosterone or have teeny wookuses (or both) ever were to pursue their fantasies of collectively trying to justify their stockpiles."<<<
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Oh, no-He said I have a small "wookus". What an original argument. Well according to his wife, mine is larger than his.

Yeah, nobody on the Left is talking Civil War.

Keith Olberman

https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/stat ... 8232749058

>>>""We are OWNED by guns. Only one thing will change that.

"We must have Economic Civil War. Blue States must financially starve the Red States, the Gun Lobby, the GOP, the Death Lobby, and the crooked judiciary into submission.
<<<<<<<<<<<

As President Biden and, now Olberman indicate, I guess it's OK to issue inflammatory rhetoric about a Civil War if you want to take away the guns.
Whatever you say, Bwana.

Spock

#35 Post by Spock » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:48 pm

Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:45 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:17 pm
I've never been to Africa, but I'm not the one proclaiming my expertise on African culture.
Not an expert-but in addition to being there 3 times, I have also read extensively on the topic. I also like to talk to people and, I mostly don't say much-but I just mostly listen to what they tell me. That is how I learned in 2013 about the fear and resentment that many Zimbabwean blacks have toward the large Chinese presence in their country. I didn't bring it up-I just listened when they talked.

One of my favorite stories that you only get from going, is from 2021 when we flew Air Ethiopia. Lot of different cultures on those planes-but the story we like to tell is about all the large screen TV's people were bringing back to Africa from the US.

When we were in the baggage check line at Dulles, I started noting that there seem to be a lot of large screen TV's packed for travel to points all over Africa. I started trying to count them-but I lost count at about 12 or 15 and there were several more than that. I guess it is a thing to bring back to Africa from the states because they are so cheap here.

Since you have mainly done the cruise type thing and presumably done some excursions-have you ever talked about Mexican movies and such with a bus driver and tour guide while everybody else was sleeping on the bus as we were coming back from the excursion?

I pretended to speak more Spanish than I do and earned my place by mentioning the movie "Y Tu Mama Tambien." They got a kick out of that and I got a good story about a bunch of Illegal Aliens from Guatemala that the driver had driven back from Mexico to Guatemala.

The driver was from Merida and, IIRC the tour guide was from San Miguel de Allende. Do you remember the hometowns of very many of your tour guides and bus drivers from your canned cruise experiences? And this was 16 years ago.

Spock

#36 Post by Spock » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:52 pm

WBTravis>>>"Whatever you say, Bwana."<<<<

Cool, now both you and your wife have the same pet name for me.

flockofseagulls104

#37 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:45 pm

All those rural rednecks who cling to their guns and religion are killing each other left and right. If we leave them to their own devices, there soon won't be any of them to worry about. While those civilized people in the blue cities that have all the gun laws are peaceful and serene because of common sense government leadership. Right?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Spock

#38 Post by Spock » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:01 pm

Since this has partially turned into Spock's travel adventures-I was thinking about the guy who is most likely the richest, financially, guy that I have ever interacted with. In 2008, on another adventure on the trip referenced above to Mexico.

I wanted to "Fish the Flats" ala Jimmy Buffet. This is mainly a fly-fishing experience, and I very much am not a fly-fisherman, but I found an excursion that would let you use regular bait-casting equipment. Well sign me up. However, as we all know-Fly fishermen often view other fishermen as lesser beings.

On the hour and half van ride, there were an older middle-age couple that we really enjoyed and then there was "Peter." This guy was straight out of central casting. World-traveling businessman and he had recently sold his business to AIG. He was in Cancun with (from what he described) was a very high-maintenance much younger trophy wife and their young kids and he had older children from a previous marriage. The wife and kids were staying at the hotel while he did his fishing thing.

He had a fishing place in Wyoming and had traveled the world on various fly-fishing adventures. On the surface, one might expect that he would be the type to look down on me as non-fly fisherman encroaching on his turf.

Nope, not all. he thought what I was doing was pretty cool and I felt respect from him for going after new experiences and such. The same for the other couple in the van that we also enjoyed visiting with. Mrs Spock was along.

OTOH, on the way back after fishing, we had 3 younger guys riding with us and as soon as they found that I wasn't a fly-fisherman they treated me like dog crap on the bottom of their shoes. Oh, well-I will live. I got (earned) the respect of a guy like Peter and contempt from you 3 assholes (I like to think of them as SSS, Weyoun and Travis). That was a good day. Actually, one of the best of days.

wbtravis007

#39 Post by wbtravis007 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:12 pm

Spock wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:52 pm

Guess I must’ve gotten under your skin just a bit.

Like a little prick.

Spock

#40 Post by Spock » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:29 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:12 pm
Spock wrote:

Like a little prick.
Don't give yourself too much credit. You and I have rarely interacted and I just view you as the most smart-alecky guy here and, for the most part, could care less what you say. But, I do admit "Bwana" was pretty good. Far better than anything SSS has ever come up with in years of trying. But really the best you can follow up with is to go to the well the second time on wookus size? I am disappointed with you.

Oh, and things like "Bwana" never gets under my skin. That is good clean fun right there.

wbtravis007

#41 Post by wbtravis007 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:41 pm

[Deleted]
Last edited by wbtravis007 on Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

wbtravis007

#42 Post by wbtravis007 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:52 pm

[Deleted]
Last edited by wbtravis007 on Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

wbtravis007

#43 Post by wbtravis007 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:05 pm

Spock wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:29 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:12 pm
Spock wrote:

Like a little prick.
Don't give yourself too much credit. You and I have rarely interacted and I just view you as the most smart-alecky guy here and, for the most part, could care less what you say. But, I do admit "Bwana" was pretty good. Far better than anything SSS has ever come up with in years of trying. But really the best you can follow up with is to go to the well the second time on wookus size? I am disappointed with you.

Oh, and things like "Bwana" never gets under my skin. That is good clean fun right there.
But “going to the well” twice with my wife is worthwhile? (Come to think of it, I guess it probably was.)

Well, you know what they say about discretion being the better part of valor. I didn’t even mention that you should ask your daughter and, possibly, your mother. And wouldn’t.

Valorous is my middle name, after all.