The Attempted Demonization of "Christian Nationalists"

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Post Reply
Message
Author
Spock
Posts: 4308
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

The Attempted Demonization of "Christian Nationalists"

#1 Post by Spock » Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:11 pm

I mentioned the attempt to demonize "Christian Nationalists" (whatever they are) in the other thread. But it deserves a thread on its own.

https://twitter.com/jamestalarico/statu ... 3469726916

Geez, how many times did he say "Christian Nationalists" in a minute and 3/4. I was lmao and lost count. The term is obviously focus-group approved as a scare word.

Could it be any more obvious? TPTB of all sorts are coming hard after "Christian Nationalists"-those evil meanies. The attack on "Christian Nationalists" have been pretty blatant for the last month or so.

Obviously, this opens a wider range of potential targets than the Rural White Rage thing-although they will probably work on that front.

The target is "Christian Nationalists" however broadly they define it. How do you prove that you are not a "Christian Nationalist?"

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 8664
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: The Attempted Demonization of "Christian Nationalists"

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:28 pm

You don't prove that you are not a "Christian Nationalist" - you wait to be told your label, and you LIKE it!

One of the lock-steppers will be along shortly with your assignment.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

User avatar
jarnon
Posts: 6293
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Merion, Pa.

Re: The Attempted Demonization of "Christian Nationalists"

#3 Post by jarnon » Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:42 pm

If you say “Merry Christmas” you’re clearly one of them.

(Actually, I have no problem with “Merry Christmas.” Ads with a family putting presents under the tree and saying “Happy Holidays” are ludicrous. OTOH, yesterday I got an email from CVS offering a $5 reward if I buy Easter cards, candy, etc. I followed the link and was relieved that the deal includes nonreligious cards and candy too.)
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: The Attempted Demonization of "Christian Nationalists"

#4 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:52 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:28 pm
You don't prove that you are not a "Christian Nationalist" - you wait to be told your label, and you LIKE it!

One of the lock-steppers will be along shortly with your assignment.
Do you think we'll have to wear yellow cross armbands?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 12808
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: The Attempted Demonization of "Christian Nationalists"

#5 Post by BackInTex » Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:53 pm

They say “Christian Nationalists” but mean simply “Christians “ and so after a while folks just assumed they are Nationalists if Christian.


And obviously they want folks to think there is some wrong with being a Nationalist. There is nothing wrong with it.

So they also tie the term Nationalist to the Nazis who were Nationalists but also Socialists and also theologically non-Christian.

But facts don’t matter. Bottom line they hate folks who don’t think like them and need to demonize them for their beliefs.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: The Attempted Demonization of "Christian Nationalists"

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:57 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:53 pm
They say “Christian Nationalists” but mean simply “Christians “ and so after a while folks just assumed they are Nationalists if Christian.


And obviously they want folks to think there is some wrong with being a Nationalist. There is nothing wrong with it.

So they also tie the term Nationalist to the Nazis who were Nationalists but also Socialists and also theologically non-Christian.

But facts don’t matter. Bottom line they hate folks who don’t think like them and need to demonize them for their beliefs.
It is astounding how they control the language for the dumb masses. They successfully changed 'Illegal Aliens' to 'Immigrants'. Doing it with their 'pronoun' crap too. And they created 'Election Deniers' from scratch. Now they're trying for 'Newcomers' instead of 'Immigrants'. This one for Christians should be easy.

Oh, I forgot the new one on deck: "Minor Attracted Persons"! They are exploring new ground with this one and seeing if they can do it.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Spock
Posts: 4308
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: The Attempted Demonization of "Christian Nationalists"

#7 Post by Spock » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:04 pm

I love it when PBS explains it to us.

February 1, 2024. About the time I started hearing the term more in the zeitgeist.

Almost like some focus groups and pollsters found it was a good scare term or something.

And there is that whole "threat to democracy" thing-I thought that was just Trump and as we learned this week-"Rural Whites"-but I guess I will give "Christian Nationalism" the pride of place.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/what- ... -democracy

There is a lot to unpack in the PBS article. But the most laughable thing is the first sentence.

>>>"White Christian Nationalism has been in the headlines quite a lot as of late."<<<

Gee, you don't say. Focus group test for scare terms much?

User avatar
Weyoun
Posts: 2325
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:36 pm

Re: The Attempted Demonization of "Christian Nationalists"

#8 Post by Weyoun » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:51 am

You folks root for a Civil War because you don’t like transgender people, but nope, this is all the media blowing things out of proportion

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: The Attempted Demonization of "Christian Nationalists"

#9 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:09 am

Weyoun wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:51 am
You folks root for a Civil War because you don’t like transgender people, but nope, this is all the media blowing things out of proportion
Anyone who thinks anyone wants a civil war or any war is self deluded.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 12808
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: The Attempted Demonization of "Christian Nationalists"

#10 Post by BackInTex » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:05 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:09 am
Weyoun wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:51 am
You folks root for a Civil War because you don’t like transgender people, but nope, this is all the media blowing things out of proportion
Anyone who thinks anyone wants a civil war or any war is self deluded.
Or just a fool.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

User avatar
Weyoun
Posts: 2325
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:36 pm

Re: The Attempted Demonization of "Christian Nationalists"

#11 Post by Weyoun » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:28 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:09 am
Weyoun wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:51 am
You folks root for a Civil War because you don’t like transgender people, but nope, this is all the media blowing things out of proportion
Anyone who thinks anyone wants a civil war or any war is self deluded.
Hey! Don't look at me. I'm not the guy from the country who posts videos about how the rural folks would win a civil war.

User avatar
Weyoun
Posts: 2325
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:36 pm

Re: The Attempted Demonization of "Christian Nationalists"

#12 Post by Weyoun » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:29 am

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:05 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:09 am
Weyoun wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:51 am
You folks root for a Civil War because you don’t like transgender people, but nope, this is all the media blowing things out of proportion
Anyone who thinks anyone wants a civil war or any war is self deluded.
Or just a fool.
You should be more self-affirming

Spock
Posts: 4308
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: The Attempted Demonization of "Christian Nationalists"

#13 Post by Spock » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:33 am

Well, that escalated quickly.

Mr. Bill Madden watched the same video of the 12 year old whining about Christian Nationalists that I linked in the first post and shows that he is the perfect target for the Left's ongoing focus group tested Blitzkrieg on "Christian Nationalists".

And he even brings a whole new term to the table. "Christofascism." Come on, can we get to "Christian Naziism" by the end of March?

https://twitter.com/maddenifico/status/ ... 2051364928

>>>"This is the most eloquent argument against Christofascism (Christian nationalism) I've ever heard. This impressive young man's name is James Talarico and he represents the state of Texas. He is the future of the Democratic Party. #Christofascism #ChristianNationalism"<<<<

I guess it is an elegant argument if you consider somebody scare quoting "Christian Nationalism" a dozen times in a minute and a half an elegant argument.

Oh, and BTW-The person who has posted the most about Civil War here is Bob #'s and he started with it years ago.

However, I do fear the Left will push and push and push until as in the Vendee enough lines are crossed and shit happens.

Especially since everything the Left does is from a position of Contempt for rural areas. For example, Weyoun, who if I understand correctly, work in an urban hospital and a more rural one and he has made it pretty plain here that he holds his rural patients in contempt.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 23274
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: The Attempted Demonization of "Christian Nationalists"

#14 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:03 am

Here's something from Christianity Today in 2021 after the January 6 insurrection, a magazine founded by Billy Graham. Not exactly your typical leftist rag.
WHAT IS CHRISTIAN NATIONALISM

Christian nationalism is the belief that the American nation is defined by Christianity, and that the government should take active steps to keep it that way. Popularly, Christian nationalists assert that America is and must remain a “Christian nation”—not merely as an observation about American history, but as a prescriptive program for what America must continue to be in the future. Scholars like Samuel Huntington have made a similar argument: that America is defined by its “Anglo-Protestant” past and that we will lose our identity and our freedom if we do not preserve our cultural inheritance.

Christian nationalists do not reject the First Amendment and do not advocate for theocracy, but they do believe that Christianity should enjoy a privileged position in the public square. The term “Christian nationalism,” is relatively new, and its advocates generally do not use it of themselves, but it accurately describes American nationalists who believe American identity is inextricable from Christianity.

Humanity is not easily divisible into mutually distinct cultural units. Cultures overlap and their borders are fuzzy. Since cultural units are fuzzy, they make a poor fit as the foundation for political order. Cultural identities are fluid and hard to draw boundaries around, but political boundaries are hard and semipermanent. Attempting to found political legitimacy on cultural likeness means political order will constantly be in danger of being felt as illegitimate by some group or other. Cultural pluralism is essentially inevitable in every nation.

Christian nationalists want to define America as a Christian nation and they want the government to promote a specific cultural template as the official culture of the country. Some have advocated for an amendment to the Constitution to recognize America’s Christian heritage, others to reinstitute prayer in public schools. Some work to enshrine a Christian nationalist interpretation of American history in school curricula, including that America has a special relationship with God or has been “chosen” by him to carry out a special mission on earth. Others advocate for immigration restrictions specifically to prevent a change to American religious and ethnic demographics or a change to American culture. Some want to empower the government to take stronger action to circumscribe immoral behavior.

Humanity is not easily divisible into mutually distinct cultural units. Cultures overlap and their borders are fuzzy. Since cultural units are fuzzy, they make a poor fit as the foundation for political order. Cultural identities are fluid and hard to draw boundaries around, but political boundaries are hard and semipermanent. Attempting to found political legitimacy on cultural likeness means political order will constantly be in danger of being felt as illegitimate by some group or other. Cultural pluralism is essentially inevitable in every nation.

Christian nationalists want to define America as a Christian nation and they want the government to promote a specific cultural template as the official culture of the country. Some have advocated for an amendment to the Constitution to recognize America’s Christian heritage, others to reinstitute prayer in public schools. Some work to enshrine a Christian nationalist interpretation of American history in school curricula, including that America has a special relationship with God or has been “chosen” by him to carry out a special mission on earth. Others advocate for immigration restrictions specifically to prevent a change to American religious and ethnic demographics or a change to American culture. Some want to empower the government to take stronger action to circumscribe immoral behavior.

Some—again, like the scholar Samuel Huntington—have argued that the United States government must defend and enshrine its predominant “Anglo-Protestant” culture to ensure the survival of American democracy. And sometimes Christian nationalism is most evident not in its political agenda, but in the sort of attitude with which it is held: an unstated presumption that Christians are entitled to primacy of place in the public square because they are heirs of the true or essential heritage of American culture, that Christians have a presumptive right to define the meaning of the American experiment because they see themselves as America’s architects, first citizens, and guardians.

Christian nationalism tends to treat other Americans as second-class citizens. If it were fully implemented, it would not respect the full religious liberty of all Americans. Empowering the state through “morals legislation” to regulate conduct always carries the risk of overreaching, setting a bad precedent, and creating governing powers that could be used later be used against Christians. Additionally, Christian nationalism is an ideology held overwhelmingly by white Americans, and it thus tends to exacerbate racial and ethnic cleavages. In recent years, the movement has grown increasingly characterized by fear and by a belief that Christians are victims of persecution. Some are beginning to argue that American Christians need to prepare to fight, physically, to preserve America’s identity, an argument that played into the January 6 riot.

Christian nationalism takes the name of Christ for a worldly political agenda, proclaiming that its program is the political program for every true believer. That is wrong in principle, no matter what the agenda is, because only the church is authorized to proclaim the name of Jesus and carry his standard into the world. It is even worse with a political movement that champions some causes that are unjust, which is the case with Christian nationalism and its attendant illiberalism. In that case, Christian nationalism is calling evil good and good evil; it is taking the name of Christ as a fig leaf to cover its political program, treating the message of Jesus as a tool of political propaganda and the church as the handmaiden and cheerleader of the state.
https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/20 ... alism.html
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock
Posts: 4308
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: The Attempted Demonization of "Christian Nationalists"

#15 Post by Spock » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:35 pm

SSS>>>"Here's something from Christianity Today in 2021 after the January 6 insurrection, a magazine founded by Billy Graham. Not exactly your typical leftist rag."<<<

So what, just because big scary "Christian Nationalism" was talked about as early as 2021.

Doesn't mean that there isn't a Leftist obviously Focus Group Approved Blitzkrieg on "Christian Nationalists" underway for the last couple months.

All the recent use of the scare term "Christian Nationalism" sure as Hell isn't organic.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 23274
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: The Attempted Demonization of "Christian Nationalists"

#16 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:43 pm

Spock wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:35 pm
Doesn't mean that there isn't a Leftist obviously Focus Group Approved Blitzkrieg on "Christian Nationalists" underway for the last couple months.

All the recent use of the scare term "Christian Nationalism" sure as Hell isn't organic.
Gee, it couldn't possibly have anything to do with that Alabama Supreme Court embryo decision, could it? On top of Dobbs?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock
Posts: 4308
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: The Attempted Demonization of "Christian Nationalists"

#17 Post by Spock » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:05 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:43 pm
Spock wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:35 pm
Doesn't mean that there isn't a Leftist obviously Focus Group Approved Blitzkrieg on "Christian Nationalists" underway for the last couple months.

All the recent use of the scare term "Christian Nationalism" sure as Hell isn't organic.
Gee, it couldn't possibly have anything to do with that Alabama Supreme Court embryo decision, could it? On top of Dobbs?
Were you in the focus groups that tested "Christian Nationalism" as a scare term? Nah, you are just an easy target to use the term on.

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: The Attempted Demonization of "Christian Nationalists"

#18 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:35 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:43 pm
Spock wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:35 pm
Doesn't mean that there isn't a Leftist obviously Focus Group Approved Blitzkrieg on "Christian Nationalists" underway for the last couple months.

All the recent use of the scare term "Christian Nationalism" sure as Hell isn't organic.
Gee, it couldn't possibly have anything to do with that Alabama Supreme Court embryo decision, could it? On top of Dobbs?
Hey trollboy, these were both COURT DECISIONS. They don't get it wrong. That's what you keep telling me. So quit complaining.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Post Reply