Super Tuesday Open Thread

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Message
Author
User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 8198
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Super Tuesday Open Thread

#51 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:52 am

Personally, I wouldn't want this person anywhere near any socially contingent thing.

I agree with Charlie Kirk, and so would any reasonable rational person:
Americans are mostly an accepting and polite people. As troubled as they are, we used to let crossdressers (as we more accurately called them then) do their thing without harassment. What we didn’t do was pass rules and laws “normalizing” and “celebrating” clearly pathological behavior, then making kids participate and invading women’s spaces.
Some of you have been indoctrinated into believing people who don't agree with you are 'homophobic' or 'transphobic' or whatever new terms are dreamed up for us by the propaganda crew of the left. Trollboy is especially susceptible to that. You don't know us. You have no clue to us, and by your incessant vitriol that e know is baseless and hateful in itself, we have come to know you. We have no hatred for gay people, trans-people or whatever other group you think we hate. What we are against is the 'rules' and 'laws' being imposed purely on political grounds. Imposing political views through the popular culture and propaganda should have its own epithet. We do not accept these rules. And we never will. We want to live and let live. You don't.

And yes, in the past there were rules and laws against gays and blacks. That was not solely, or even mostly, to be blamed on the conservatives (or republicans, if you want). The KKK was a democrat organization. So were the Jim Crow laws. That was the past, it will not be re-established, and I would say the vast majority of conservatives today are against that and regret the history of that.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton... gullible idiot... a coward who can't face facts... insufferable and obnoxious dumbass

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 15264
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Super Tuesday Open Thread

#52 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:20 pm

One last input from me on this thread, I hope. Would y'all be comfortable with a dominatrix in "costume" reading to your 1st grader? As I said initially this sort of thing is about sexuality, etc.
I don't care if a gay person, Trans, whatever person reads to the kids. As long as they're reading a story appropriate for age.
Gasp! We watch shows that have a myriad of orientations. I know, I know. They don't need to know about Ms so and so teacher's sexual preferences either.
Well, then

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 21728
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Super Tuesday Open Thread

#53 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:14 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:20 pm
One last input from me on this thread, I hope. Would y'all be comfortable with a dominatrix in "costume" reading to your 1st grader? As I said initially this sort of thing is about sexuality, etc.
I don't care if a gay person, Trans, whatever person reads to the kids. As long as they're reading a story appropriate for age.
Gasp! We watch shows that have a myriad of orientations. I know, I know. They don't need to know about Ms so and so teacher's sexual preferences either.
Apples to oranges. A "dominatrix in 'costume'" is wearing attire specifically intended for a sexual experience. That's not true of a drag queen (or other cross-dresser). It's not about sexuality. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 15264
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Super Tuesday Open Thread

#54 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:33 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:14 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:20 pm
One last input from me on this thread, I hope. Would y'all be comfortable with a dominatrix in "costume" reading to your 1st grader? As I said initially this sort of thing is about sexuality, etc.
I don't care if a gay person, Trans, whatever person reads to the kids. As long as they're reading a story appropriate for age.
Gasp! We watch shows that have a myriad of orientations. I know, I know. They don't need to know about Ms so and so teacher's sexual preferences either.
Apples to oranges. A "dominatrix in 'costume'" is wearing attire specifically intended for a sexual experience. That's not true of a drag queen (or other cross-dresser). It's not about sexuality. --Bob
According to whom
Well, then

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 21728
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Super Tuesday Open Thread

#55 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:57 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:33 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:14 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:20 pm
One last input from me on this thread, I hope. Would y'all be comfortable with a dominatrix in "costume" reading to your 1st grader? As I said initially this sort of thing is about sexuality, etc.
I don't care if a gay person, Trans, whatever person reads to the kids. As long as they're reading a story appropriate for age.
Gasp! We watch shows that have a myriad of orientations. I know, I know. They don't need to know about Ms so and so teacher's sexual preferences either.
Apples to oranges. A "dominatrix in 'costume'" is wearing attire specifically intended for a sexual experience. That's not true of a drag queen (or other cross-dresser). It's not about sexuality. --Bob
According to whom
Eye of the beholder. The lady I'm currently seeing would probably tell me that my dressing in a coat and tie is about sexuality. 8) I assume, though, that you'd have no problem with someone in a coat and tie reading to first graders.

By calling someone a "dominatrix" (as opposed to, say, a "control freak"), you're specifically defining them in terms of sexuality, so by talking about a dominatrix "in costume," you're necessarily referring to clothes specifically designed for a sexual experience. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 15264
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Super Tuesday Open Thread

#56 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:28 pm

Well, then

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 23678
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Super Tuesday Open Thread

#57 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:45 pm

Cross-dressers are not drag queens. Crossdressers are usually heterosexual men who try to appear as women, and there is usually a fetishistic element to that.

Drag queens are entertainers. They perform while dressed in outlandish getups (none of the pictures of drag queens reading to kids could possible be mistaken for women) or as well-known female celebrities (Dolly Parton, Judy Garland, etc.). They wear bizarre outfits, lipstick, and make-up, but so do clowns and mimes.

Those children probably think the person reading to them is just another type of clown, considering the wigs and makeup they wear.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 8198
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Super Tuesday Open Thread

#58 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:14 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:45 pm
Cross-dressers are not drag queens. Crossdressers are usually heterosexual men who try to appear as women, and there is usually a fetishistic element to that.

Drag queens are entertainers. They perform while dressed in outlandish getups (none of the pictures of drag queens reading to kids could possible be mistaken for women) or as well-known female celebrities (Dolly Parton, Judy Garland, etc.). They wear bizarre outfits, lipstick, and make-up, but so do clowns and mimes.

Those children probably think the person reading to them is just another type of clown, considering the wigs and makeup they wear.
Excuse me, but what does this have to do with education? I found out about drag queens, eventually. It didn't have to be in grade school. I will concede that they have their place. But their appropriate audience is adults who for some reason are into that thing. Why do drag queens all of a sudden need to have a pre-pubescent audience? Strippers are entertainers. Should we have stripper story time?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton... gullible idiot... a coward who can't face facts... insufferable and obnoxious dumbass

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 23678
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Super Tuesday Open Thread

#59 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:45 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:14 pm

Excuse me, but what does this have to do with education? I found out about drag queens, eventually. It didn't have to be in grade school. I will concede that they have their place. But their appropriate audience is adults who for some reason are into that thing. Why do drag queens all of a sudden need to have a pre-pubescent audience? Strippers are entertainers. Should we have stripper story time?
The idea is to get children interested in reading. A drag queen or a clown or someone else in a kooky getup who knows how to tell jokes and entertain children while reading to them can be very effective. These schools are not inviting drag queens as part of some social agenda but because they interact well with children. Children don't see drag queens as sexual. They see them as people dressed in funny outfits with lots of makeup, the same as a clown.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
jarnon
Posts: 6392
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Merion, Pa.

Re: Super Tuesday Open Thread

#60 Post by jarnon » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:45 am

This is a matter of perspective. Kids like to play dress-up, an innocent activity. We’re aware that a drag queen is gay, but a child doesn’t make that connection.

The controversy is also fueled by the old myth that exposure to anything related to homosexuality can lure a child to become gay. It’s true that many boys who play with dolls or dress up in female clothes grow up to be gay. But it’s now well known that sexuality is innate, and seeing drag queens makes no difference. What does matter is a society that labels homosexuality as perverted. That causes psychological distress for teens with those tendencies.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 21728
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Super Tuesday Open Thread

#61 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:22 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:45 pm
Children don't see drag queens as sexual.
It seems clear that there's at least one person on this thread who does find drag queens sexually attractive. To his apparent dismay. Maybe he also found them attractive when he was a kid. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply