Trump/Willis trial

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Trump/Willis trial

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:00 pm

Okay then. My "throw under the bus' conspiracy theories-
First-Willis throws Wade and or Bradley under (first)
Second-Willis and Wade throw Bradley there
Third-Bradley and Wade dump Willis.
Tada
Toast all around
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

Re: Trump/Willis trial

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:45 pm

A fabulous group of upright people. We are so lucky to have them protecting us from a nefarious scheme to take over the country.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:50 pm

Have you watched? It's fascinating.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#4 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:56 pm

They had me when Willis claimed she paid Wade back in cash. No receipts? Oh, it's a black thing.
These people in charge of the fate of this country? Give me a f-ing break.

And not even considering Wade's meetings with the biden administration.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:58 pm

Here's a guy that is between a rock and a hard place.

I sure hope someone investigates Leticia James and Engoron in the same manner. What does around comes around.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:19 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:58 pm
Here's a guy that is between a rock and a hard place.

I sure hope someone investigates Leticia James and Engoron in the same manner. What does around comes around.
Not this case.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:23 am

Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:56 pm
They had me when Willis claimed she paid Wade back in cash. No receipts? Oh, it's a black thing.
You do your best to claim you're not racist and every so often I'm in a forgiving mood and think I might give you the benefit of the doubt.

Then you make a post like this one and remove all doubt. It is a black thing (although a lot of white people do it as well). A lot of black people's experiences with the banking system and getting access to their money hasn't been the world's best historically. And as for receipts, when I've gone out to lunch with a group of people and one person picks up the check, I didn't ask them for a receipt when I gave them ten bucks for my share.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#8 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:36 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:23 am
Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:56 pm
You do your best to claim you're not racist and every so often I'm in a forgiving mood and think I might give you the benefit of the doubt.

Then you make a post like this one and remove all doubt. It is a black thing (although a lot of white people do it as well). A lot of black people's experiences with the banking system and getting access to their money hasn't been the world's best historically. And as for receipts, when I've gone out to lunch with a group of people and one person picks up the check, I didn't ask them for a receipt when I gave them ten bucks for my share.
Always on the lookout, aren't you?
The point is:
Willis: How can I get out of the fact I did take the trips? Oh, I paid him back! Oh, I don't have any proof of that because I really didn't. Oh, I paid him cash! Oh, how can I explain that? Oh, I keep a lot of cash around the house, because I'm black and I don't trust banks! (Never mind that I am the Fulton County DA, and never mind that I am not prosecuting real crimes because I am dealing with this phony indictment of people who didn't do anything wrong, so what happens if someone burgles MY house?) That's the ticket, and if anyone questions it, I can call them racist!
I wonder if she reports that she has 6 months of her salary in cash at her home to her insurance company?

Just like you did. Don't you see that you are just a tool?

silverscreenselect

#9 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:09 am

Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:36 am
Oh, I paid him back! Oh, I don't have any proof of that because I really didn't. Oh, I paid him cash! Oh, how can I explain that? Oh, I keep a lot of cash around the house, because I'm black and I don't trust banks!
But a man named Stan Brody says he's seen evidence of Willis' preference for paying in cash. He says he hosted Willis and Wade in early 2023 at the Napa Valley winery Acumen Wines. Brody recalled that the pair spent hours tasting wine, and when it came time to pay, Willis used cash. "It's not the norm," he said. "The bill was a little over $400 with the taxes and everything else on it. So she probably gave me $500." While paying such a large bill in cash is not the norm at the winery, Brody said it wasn't shocking, either. But he did say that "ninety-plus percent of the time it's going to be a credit card, especially when you get up, you know, to several hundred dollars," he said. Brody said when he met the pair, he had no idea who Wade or Willis were, since the trip occurred before a Fulton County grand jury had indicted Trump and 18 associates. He recalled that during the private wine tasting session with the pair, he inquired about their work and said both told him they were attorneys working in criminal law. Once the indictment was issued in late August, Brody said he realized that it was indeed Willis who had come to the winery earlier that year.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/winery-hos ... e-tasting/
In often dramatic testimony, Willis — the district attorney in Fulton County, Ga. — insisted she paid her own way, with thousands of dollars in cash that she kept in her home. For some, that testimony seemed implausible. For me, it was further proof that Black people, regardless of our socioeconomic status, are largely distrustful of America’s racist systems. Therefore, we often seek security in the one thing America respects: cash.

We’ve learned, through painful and persistent experience, that we cannot depend on institutions that were built on the backs of our ancestors, and later wielded like weapons against us. We’ve seen banks redline segregated communities that our forebears were forced to occupy. We’ve watched that practice morph into lending patterns that leave Black mortgage seekers denied at twice the rate of the general population.

Still, we managed to purchase property and insure it in an effort to protect our generational wealth. But in the wake of the Tulsa Race Massacre, where a Black community suffered millions in property losses, insurers exploited loopholes to avoid hefty payouts and hung Black property owners out to dry.

Perhaps if such discrimination were limited to private entities, we could put our trust in government. Unfortunately, government agencies have also been complicit. After World War II, the GI Bill disproportionately benefited white troops, while leaving a million Black veterans behind. Soon after, governmental agencies destroyed Black neighborhoods through urban renewal and eminent domain.

We’ve been subjected to racism by virtually every structure America has put in place, and that’s taught us not to depend on such systems. That lesson has been passed down through generations. It’s a lesson that makes Willis’ cash reserve not only understandable but necessary. Willis’ father, John Floyd III, who is also a lawyer, said as much when he was called to the witness stand during the hearing. He was asked if his daughter said anything to him about having a large amount of cash. Turning to the judge, he said, “Your honor, I’m not trying to be racist, OK? But it’s a Black thing.” He was right, of course. Black people keep cash because there’s not much else in America we can depend on when racism rears its ugly head.

“There was a sign that said, ‘We take credit cards,’” he recalled. “For whatever reasons, the man would not take my American Express credit card. So I pulled out my Visa card, and he wouldn’t take my Visa card. So then I pulled out my traveler’s checks. He said, ‘We don’t take checks.’” Floyd had a $10 bill, and the man at the counter claimed their tab was $9.95. Willis’ father said he never forgot that experience. Frankly, no Black person should.

African Americans keep cash because we never know when racism will strike, and sometimes, when things come down to Black and white, the only way out … is green.
https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/fani-w ... 40221.html

Flock is one of the rare people who, when he gets called out for being a racist idiot, opens his mouth to FLocksplain and proves himself an even bigger racist idiot.

silverscreenselect

#10 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:33 am

What yesterday's hearing boils down to is this. The only evidence of a relationship between Willis and Wade prior to his being appointed prosecutor is the testimony of one disgruntled former employee. Despite what Wade's former law partner may have told defense attorney earlier, by vague texts or otherwise, he wasn't willing to state under oath that he knew when the relationship began or that Wade told him when it began. Bob #### will tell you that in a trial, you don't rely just on a conclusion by a "star" witness. You get as much detail and documentation as possible. Neither Bradley nor Yeartle (Willis' ex friend provided much detail). And they provided no supporting documentation. No photos (people today love taking bunches of photos when with friends); no social media posts; no restaurant receipts; no testimony from anyone else that they had seen Willis and Wade in a "romantic" situation (holding hands, kissing, hugging, etc.) For a relationship that "everybody" supposedly knew about, there doesn't seem to be any evidence. Of course, there's plenty of evidence about the trips they took after the relationship began. The defense claims this relationship started before Willis even ran for DA, so there was no reason to keep it a state secret. And the burden of proof is on the defense here. They must prove some misconduct by Willis that would warrant an extreme penalty. And they haven't done it.

On Friday, the judge will hear closing arguments from the parties and rule on whether to admit the cell phone exhibit introduced last week. If he's inclined to admit it, it should be subject to the same rules of evidence as anything else, namely calling the technician to interpret the findings, subject to cross examination, and allowing the state to introduce any rebuttal evidence or witnesses.

tlynn78

#11 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:51 am

Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:09 am
Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:36 am
Oh, I paid him back! Oh, I don't have any proof of that because I really didn't. Oh, I paid him cash! Oh, how can I explain that? Oh, I keep a lot of cash around the house, because I'm black and I don't trust banks!
But a man named Stan Brody says he's seen evidence of Willis' preference for paying in cash. He says he hosted Willis and Wade in early 2023 at the Napa Valley winery Acumen Wines. Brody recalled that the pair spent hours tasting wine, and when it came time to pay, Willis used cash. "It's not the norm," he said. "The bill was a little over $400 with the taxes and everything else on it. So she probably gave me $500." While paying such a large bill in cash is not the norm at the winery, Brody said it wasn't shocking, either. But he did say that "ninety-plus percent of the time it's going to be a credit card, especially when you get up, you know, to several hundred dollars," he said. Brody said when he met the pair, he had no idea who Wade or Willis were, since the trip occurred before a Fulton County grand jury had indicted Trump and 18 associates. He recalled that during the private wine tasting session with the pair, he inquired about their work and said both told him they were attorneys working in criminal law. Once the indictment was issued in late August, Brody said he realized that it was indeed Willis who had come to the winery earlier that year.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/winery-hos ... e-tasting/
In often dramatic testimony, Willis — the district attorney in Fulton County, Ga. — insisted she paid her own way, with thousands of dollars in cash that she kept in her home. For some, that testimony seemed implausible. For me, it was further proof that Black people, regardless of our socioeconomic status, are largely distrustful of America’s racist systems. Therefore, we often seek security in the one thing America respects: cash.

We’ve learned, through painful and persistent experience, that we cannot depend on institutions that were built on the backs of our ancestors, and later wielded like weapons against us. We’ve seen banks redline segregated communities that our forebears were forced to occupy. We’ve watched that practice morph into lending patterns that leave Black mortgage seekers denied at twice the rate of the general population.

Still, we managed to purchase property and insure it in an effort to protect our generational wealth. But in the wake of the Tulsa Race Massacre, where a Black community suffered millions in property losses, insurers exploited loopholes to avoid hefty payouts and hung Black property owners out to dry.

Perhaps if such discrimination were limited to private entities, we could put our trust in government. Unfortunately, government agencies have also been complicit. After World War II, the GI Bill disproportionately benefited white troops, while leaving a million Black veterans behind. Soon after, governmental agencies destroyed Black neighborhoods through urban renewal and eminent domain.

We’ve been subjected to racism by virtually every structure America has put in place, and that’s taught us not to depend on such systems. That lesson has been passed down through generations. It’s a lesson that makes Willis’ cash reserve not only understandable but necessary. Willis’ father, John Floyd III, who is also a lawyer, said as much when he was called to the witness stand during the hearing. He was asked if his daughter said anything to him about having a large amount of cash. Turning to the judge, he said, “Your honor, I’m not trying to be racist, OK? But it’s a Black thing.” He was right, of course. Black people keep cash because there’s not much else in America we can depend on when racism rears its ugly head.

“There was a sign that said, ‘We take credit cards,’” he recalled. “For whatever reasons, the man would not take my American Express credit card. So I pulled out my Visa card, and he wouldn’t take my Visa card. So then I pulled out my traveler’s checks. He said, ‘We don’t take checks.’” Floyd had a $10 bill, and the man at the counter claimed their tab was $9.95. Willis’ father said he never forgot that experience. Frankly, no Black person should.

African Americans keep cash because we never know when racism will strike, and sometimes, when things come down to Black and white, the only way out … is green.
https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/fani-w ... 40221.html

Flock is one of the rare people who, when he gets called out for being a racist idiot, opens his mouth to FLocksplain and proves himself an even bigger racist idiot.
You really should take a seat. In fact, several seats.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#12 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:02 am

Go stick your race card up your ass, trollboy. I know it's all you have left, but it don't work anymore.

The fact is she CLAIMS she paid him back, but she has no EVIDENCE. NO EVIDENCE is your mantra. What's changed? We all know. Your only defense is to shout racism. She's supposed to be a trusted, above reproach government servant. But she did not think to document her transactions? We're supposed to take her word for it, when she's trying to fix the national election based on not taking other people's word for it? Assuming motivation based on her own biases? Just like you do? No, it won't work. Sit on it.

silverscreenselect

#13 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:52 am

Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:02 am
The fact is she CLAIMS she paid him back, but she has no EVIDENCE. NO EVIDENCE is your mantra. What's changed? We all know. Your only defense is to shout racism. She's supposed to be a trusted, above reproach government servant. But she did not think to document her transactions? We're supposed to take her word for it, when she's trying to fix the national election based on not taking other people's word for it? Assuming motivation based on her own biases? Just like you do? No, it won't work. Sit on it.
Actually, Willis doesn't have to "prove" anything, either by testifying or by producing receipts (and we've got the winery owner who supports her claim as to at least some of the expenses).

Under Georgia law, the defense has the burden of proof to disqualify a prosecutor to show an actual conflict of interest. They must show that her relationship with Wade gave rise to a personal or financial interest that would be furthered by the conviction of Trump and the others. There's been no showing that she did NOT pay Wade for any of the expenses. In fact, there's evidence she did. So, you don't have to take her word or not. You have to prove some degree of entanglement of hers and Wade's finances. They haven't come close to that.

jarnon

#14 Post by jarnon » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:21 pm

Even if Willis survives this hearing, she’ll still face an ethics inquiry for dating her subordinate. Her enemies in state government will make sure there are consequences.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

kroxquo

#15 Post by kroxquo » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:41 pm

jarnon wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:21 pm
Even if Willis survives this hearing, she’ll still face an ethics inquiry for dating her subordinate. Her enemies in state government will make sure there are consequences.
Regardless of whether there was wrong-doing or not, at this point, it would probably be better if she removed herself voluntarily from the case. The atmosphere around her is toxic and it is going to make prosecuting the case that much more difficult
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

flockofseagulls104

#16 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:51 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:41 pm
jarnon wrote:
Regardless of whether there was wrong-doing or not, at this point, it would probably be better if she removed herself voluntarily from the case. The atmosphere around her is toxic and it is going to make prosecuting the case that much more difficult
Agreed. Then we can explore the White House involvement. This whole case is wrong from the start.

silverscreenselect

#17 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:35 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:41 pm
jarnon wrote:
In 2022, Willis was barred from prosecuting Burt Jones, currently Georgia's lieutenant governor, who was one of the fake electors. Instead, he was listed in the indictment as an unindicted co-conspirator. Willis hosted a fundraiser for Jones's Democratic opponent for lieutenant governor, and Judge McBurney (who handled the Trump arraignments) found there was an appearance of impropriety (not the correct standard but Willis's office chose not to appeal). The State State Prosecuting Attorney's Council was supposed to appoint a special prosecutor to pursue the case. That was July, 2022. No one has been appointed.

If Willis steps aside, voluntarily or involuntarily, the resulting delay will bury the case and everyone knows it. Her standing in the black community in Atlanta has increased tremendously since this week's hearing as many feel she's being called out for being a successful black woman having a sex life. And the trial is going to take place in Fulton County.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#18 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:57 pm

Regarding the "black thing" Willis herself stated that.
Regarding conflict of interest it's not finances, it's when her close relationship with Wade began and subsequent benefit of a job for him. Bradley totally trashed them both in his testimony.
Well, then

BackInTex

#19 Post by BackInTex » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:47 pm

Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:35 pm
Her standing in the black community in Atlanta has increased tremendously since this week's hearing as many feel she's being called out for being a successful black woman having a sex life.
That's not a good look for the Black community. And are you sure the Black community as a whole (majority) feels that way? Or just the loud mouth race pimps?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

tlynn78

#20 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:46 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:47 pm
Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:35 pm
Her standing in the black community in Atlanta has increased tremendously since this week's hearing as many feel she's being called out for being a successful black woman having a sex life.
That's not a good look for the Black community. And are you sure the Black community as a whole (majority) feels that way? Or just the loud mouth race pimps?
C'mon man. If anyone here has his finger on the pulse of Atlanta's black community, it's sss.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#21 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:33 pm

"Her standing in the black community in Atlanta has increased tremendously since this week's hearing as many feel she's being called out for being a successful black woman having a sex life. "

I cannot believe you said this. You know this how? And it has relevance how? Jeez
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#22 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:47 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:33 pm
"Her standing in the black community in Atlanta has increased tremendously since this week's hearing as many feel she's being called out for being a successful black woman having a sex life. "

I cannot believe you said this. You know this how? And it has relevance how? Jeez
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/testimony-atl ... 19394.html

There are other articles and news stories I've heard like this. The reaction in Atlanta from the black community has been overwhelmingly positive.

As to how it's relevant, the case is going to be tried in Fulton County before a Fulton County jury.

flockofseagulls104

#23 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:33 am

Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:47 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:33 pm

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/testimony-atl ... 19394.html

There are other articles and news stories I've heard like this. The reaction in Atlanta from the black community has been overwhelmingly positive.

As to how it's relevant, the case is going to be tried in Fulton County before a Fulton County jury.
I'm sure Fani is going to get positive reviews from leftist college professors and activist preachers, especially if they are the only people you go to represent 'the black community'. For some reason, you and the left seem to think that 'if you don't vote democrat, you are not really black.'

There are other opinions.

silverscreenselect

#24 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:28 pm

The defense attorneys were well-prepared but the issue they couldn't get around was whether they had to demonstrate an actual conflict of interest to disqualify Willis or just the "appearance of impropriety." The judge seemed very skeptical of their claims that an appearance of impropriety was enough.

The assistant DA for the state started out very shaky, trying to go down a group of power point slides and repeating himself a lot. But in the second half of his argument, he did much better, pointing out some factual problems with the evidence the defense introduced and the lack of corroboration. He pointed out that Willis was living with her father and that a boyfriend named Deuce came by a number of times and left a lot of his property in the garage. (He was a disc jockey.) That was at a time when Willis and Wade were supposedly already in their relationship.

The judge said he will issue his decision within two weeks.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#25 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:57 pm

I think they're toast.
Well, then