Deficit reduction in action

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Deficit reduction in action

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:02 am

Tax collections will increase by more than half a trillion dollars over the next ten years without needing to raise anyone's tax rates by a penny. How? Because of increased funding to the IRS (accomplished by the Inflation Reduction Act that President Biden signed into law), tax cheats will be much less able to get away with cheating than they have been in the past.

Republicans, of course, want to reward their donors (and probable presidential nominee) by stripping that funding from the IRS, thereby enabling the cheating to resume at prior levels. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Weyoun

Re: Deficit reduction in action

#2 Post by Weyoun » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:14 am

Of course, relative poors like flock will still support all that.

They complain about the deficit, but they wouldn’t want their old age benefits cut.

They complain about raising taxes, but don’t want the current tax loss to be enforced. These are the same folks who stay the current gun laws are fine, they just need to be enforced.

They want government to do all the things they want, like put razor wire up, so people get mutilated along the border, but they don’t want that money to go to anything else they don’t care about.

Of course, if you put them in charge, they also actually can’t pass the budget, because they’re not coherent enough to do that

flockofseagulls104

#3 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:28 am

What is a relative poor? Not sure if that is something for my signature...
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Weyoun

#4 Post by Weyoun » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:04 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:28 am
What is a relative poor? Not sure if that is something for my signature...
Probably. It means that you’re not a multimillionaire, the type of person who benefits from the IRS not looking too closely at taxes.

Spock

#5 Post by Spock » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:24 am

Weyoun>>>"They want government to do all the things they want, like put razor wire up, so people get mutilated along the border, "<<<<

Oh, No-Poor little dears like this might get cut a little at the border-the poor things.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/01/us/polic ... index.html

oh, BTW-I know that liking a movie about the Boer War is some sort of warning sign for you-so I am just wondering if it is OK with you that I am very obsessed with the author George MacDonald Fraser (not so much his Flashman-but other works) to the extent that I have started collecting other editions of his works?

Oh, and BTW, I am obsessed with works of Africana-So I probably need to get all my Africana titles cleared with you. I do have a fairly large number of Kindle titles on Portugal's wars in Angola and Mozambique (circa early 1970's). I am sure that is not OK with you.

Weyoun

#6 Post by Weyoun » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:40 pm

If I’m understanding you correctly, four migrants, out of the millions, get in a fight with cops, so it’s OK if any migrant gets mutilated?

I don’t think I need to even consider your fascination with white colonialists fighting Black people to reach the conclusion that you’re racist.

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:32 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:14 am
Of course, relative poors like flock will still support all that.

They complain about the deficit, but they wouldn’t want their old age benefits cut.

They complain about raising taxes, but don’t want the current tax loss to be enforced. These are the same folks who stay the current gun laws are fine, they just need to be enforced.

They want government to do all the things they want, like put razor wire up, so people get mutilated along the border, but they don’t want that money to go to anything else they don’t care about.

Of course, if you put them in charge, they also actually can’t pass the budget, because they’re not coherent enough to do that
Wow, you seem to know a lot about me. Or at least some strawman that you use to represent me. Did you get trollboy lessons?

Are you really this dense, doc?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

tlynn78

#8 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:28 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:40 pm
If I’m understanding you correctly, four migrants, out of the millions, get in a fight with cops, so it’s OK if any migrant gets mutilated?

I don’t think I need to even consider your fascination with white colonialists fighting Black people to reach the conclusion that you’re racist.
You know how they don't get 'mutilated'? Enter legally. I expect you have your address at the top of a list to take in some illegals, right, doc?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Weyoun

#9 Post by Weyoun » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:07 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:28 pm
Weyoun wrote:

You know how they don't get 'mutilated'? Enter legally. I expect you have your address at the top of a list to take in some illegals, right, doc?
Irrelevant dodge - Spock is saying every migrant deserves such a fate because of that story. It’s gross and I am not surprised to see you support that.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#10 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:30 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:07 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:

Irrelevant dodge - Spock is saying every migrant deserves such a fate because of that story. It’s gross and I am not surprised to see you support that.
Not an irrelevant dodge. I guess because you believe some weird numbers and you don't think cartel coyotes etc who push kids into drug trafficking, prostitution or, like, death...equate to a fence injury self inflicted? Great.
Well, then

tlynn78

#11 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:56 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:30 pm
Weyoun wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

Not an irrelevant dodge. I guess because you believe some weird numbers and you don't think cartel coyotes etc who push kids into drug trafficking, prostitution or, like, death...equate to a fence injury self inflicted? Great.
Nope, the good doc is perfectly fine with the huge pool of virtual slaves pouring over the border as long as he can virtue signal.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Weyoun

#12 Post by Weyoun » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:00 pm

Clearly, there are some problems with immigration, and it needs to be better controlled. That doesn’t mean that people should be mutilated, or that Spock should feel that anyone person getting mutilated is justified, because of some random news article that grannies are sending each other.

There’s a ton of people who want to come here, and I just because of economic opportunity, but because of freedom. Even if those folks are brown, tlynn, I don’t think they should be our enemies for that reason.

Weyoun

#13 Post by Weyoun » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:01 pm

By the way, we’ve already lost topic of the thread. He just amuses me that you supposed deficit hawks don’t actually want taxpayers to pay what they’re actually supposed to pay in taxes.

flockofseagulls104

#14 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:00 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:01 pm
By the way, we’ve already lost topic of the thread. He just amuses me that you supposed deficit hawks don’t actually want taxpayers to pay what they’re actually supposed to pay in taxes.
Who are these people you are referring to? You seem to think I am one of them. I assure you I pay every cent of taxes I am supposed to. So I know you are posturing. And who is it that will decide who is paying what they are supposed to? Will they be using the newly unleashed weapon of lawfare to raise this 'estimated' revenue? Who will they be targeting?
I have reason to believe that this is going to be political targeting effort rather than for revenue enhancement. See what unintended consequences come of what seems like a good idea in the short run?

BackInTex

#15 Post by BackInTex » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:03 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:56 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:

Nope, the good doc is perfectly fine with the huge pool of virtual slaves pouring over the border as long as he can virtue signal.
The doc makes his living off tragedy. Why would he want to put any limits on it?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

silverscreenselect

#16 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:08 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:03 pm
The doc makes his living off tragedy. Why would he want to put any limits on it?
As someone who has spent more than enough time in emergency rooms and hospitals in the last two months, including four hours today, I can't imagine any emergency room physician rooting for more violence because it was good for business.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#17 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:40 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:08 pm
BackInTex wrote:
As someone who has spent more than enough time in emergency rooms and hospitals in the last two months, including four hours today, I can't imagine any emergency room physician rooting for more violence because it was good for business.
What's his excuse for spouting racist bullshit?

Weyoun

#18 Post by Weyoun » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:19 am

BackInTex wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:56 pm
Beebs52 wrote:

Maybe it’s because I’m not an asshole?

I do think it’s interesting that the people who seem to be most removed from human suffering, i.e. blowhards, like you, don’t seem to be bothered by it

flockofseagulls104

#19 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:56 am

I am glad you mentioned this. I really wouldn't have known.

Weyoun

#20 Post by Weyoun » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:01 am

Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:56 am
What you don’t know is a very long list

tlynn78

#21 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:12 am

[/quote]

Definitely not "it"

flockofseagulls104

#22 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:48 am

Weyoun wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:01 am
It is for everyone. But I acknowledge that I don't know what I don't know. But I believe I do know a lot more than the average person. The people that don't acknowledge that they don't know what they don't know are the ones that cause all the problems.

silverscreenselect

#23 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:12 pm

Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:48 am
But I believe I do know a lot more than the average personwhatever Donald Trump tells me to believe.
Fixed it for 'ya.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#24 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:19 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:12 pm
But I believe I do know a lot more than the average personwhatever Donald Trump tells me to believe.
Fixed it for 'ya.
But I believe I do know a lot more than the average personwhatever Donald Trump tells me to believe when he is right, which is a lot more frequent than Joe Biden and the democrats are.

Fixed it for you. You are very tiresome,

wbtravis007

#25 Post by wbtravis007 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:43 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:01 am

It is for everyone. But I acknowledge that I don't know what I don't know. But I believe I do know a lot more than the average person. The people that don't acknowledge that they don't know what they don't know are the ones that cause all the problems.
Man.

Talk about a broken record.