Why Hunter Biden wanted to testify in public

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Why Hunter Biden wanted to testify in public

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:34 am

James Comer, chairman of the committee "investigating" Hunter Biden, made a statement about testimony given by Kevin Morris during an interview. Now the actual transcript of Morris's interview has been released. To the surprise of absolutely no one who's not trapped in the right-wing echo chamber, any resemblance between Comer's statement and what Morris really said is strictly coincidental.

The linked story includes Comer's statement, a blatantly false statement by Rep. Byron Donalds, and (most importantly) a link to the transcript of Morris's interview so anyone skeptical of The Washington Post can conduct the comparison themselves.

Hunter Biden wanted to testify in public to prevent Republican politicians from lying about what he said. Which they've proved they're more than willing to do. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

Re: Why Hunter Biden wanted to testify in public

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:45 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:34 am
James Comer, chairman of the committee "investigating" Hunter Biden, made a statement about testimony given by Kevin Morris during an interview. Now the actual transcript of Morris's interview has been released. To the surprise of absolutely no one who's not trapped in the right-wing echo chamber, any resemblance between Comer's statement and what Morris really said is strictly coincidental.

The linked story includes Comer's statement, a blatantly false statement by Rep. Byron Donalds, and (most importantly) a link to the transcript of Morris's interview so anyone skeptical of The Washington Post can conduct the comparison themselves.

Hunter Biden wanted to testify in public to prevent Republican politicians from lying about what he said. Which they've proved they're more than willing to do. --Bob
Change the name of the thread to: "Why Hunter gets to choose how he testifies." Or maybe 'IF'.

I guess if I am subpoenaed, I get to choose how, right, counselor?

Damn, I guess Peter Navarro thought he could do that, too. What was he thinking? Wrong last name! Wrong side of the aisle! What a dope!
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:18 pm

Ever wonder why the investigation of the Biden crime family is going nowhere? James Comer explains for Sean Hannity:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1752 ... log.net%2F
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:40 pm

The special counsel has indicted an FBI informant for lying about the involvement of Hunter Biden and the President in Burisma. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:04 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:40 pm
The special counsel has indicted an FBI informant for lying about the involvement of Hunter Biden and the President in Burisma. —Bob
Indicted ex-FBI informant told investigators he got Hunter Biden dirt from Russian intelligence officials
The former FBI informant charged with lying about the Bidens’ dealings in Ukraine told investigators after his arrest that Russian intelligence officials were involved in passing information to him about Hunter Biden, prosecutors said Tuesday in a new court filing, noting that the information was false. Prosecutors also said Alexander Smirnov has been “actively peddling new lies that could impact US elections” after meeting with Russian spies late last year and that the fallout from his previous false bribery accusations about the Bidens “continue[s] to be felt to this day.”

Smirnov claims to have “extensive and extremely recent” contacts with foreign intelligence officials, prosecutors said in the filing. They said he previously told the FBI that he has longstanding and extensive contacts with Russian spies, including individuals he said were high-level intelligence officers or command Russian assassins abroad. Prosecutors with special counsel David Weiss’ team said Tuesday that Smirnov has maintained those ties and noted that, in a post-arrest interview last week, “Smirnov admitted that officials associated with Russian intelligence were involved in passing a story about Businessperson 1,” referring to President Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden.

According to the new court filing, Smirnov told investigators he was in contact with “four different Russian officials,” all of whom are “top officials” and two of whom “are the heads of the entities they represent.” Prosecutors did not independently verify in the filing whether Smirnov’s reported contacts are legitimate, nor whether the Russians provided him with disinformation about the Bidens. The false information that Smirnov reported “was not trivial,” prosecutors wrote. “It targeted the presumptive nominee of one of the two major political parties in the United States. The effects of Smirnov’s false statements and fabricated information continue to be felt to this day,” prosecutors said, making an apparent reference to the turmoil in Congress over the discredited bribery allegations – which were a key element of the GOP impeachment probe.

Of particular note is a story Smirnov allegedly told the FBI in September 2023, alleging that Hunter Biden was recorded making phone calls in a Kyiv hotel that is “wired” and “under the control of the Russians.” Federal agents said they knew Smirnov’s story was false because Hunter Biden has “never travelled to Ukraine.”

kroxquo

#6 Post by kroxquo » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:11 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:04 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:40 pm
Indicted ex-FBI informant told investigators he got Hunter Biden dirt from Russian intelligence officials
The former FBI informant charged with lying about the Bidens’ dealings in Ukraine told investigators after his arrest that Russian intelligence officials were involved in passing information to him about Hunter Biden, prosecutors said Tuesday in a new court filing, noting that the information was false. Prosecutors also said Alexander Smirnov has been “actively peddling new lies that could impact US elections” after meeting with Russian spies late last year and that the fallout from his previous false bribery accusations about the Bidens “continue[s] to be felt to this day.”

Smirnov claims to have “extensive and extremely recent” contacts with foreign intelligence officials, prosecutors said in the filing. They said he previously told the FBI that he has longstanding and extensive contacts with Russian spies, including individuals he said were high-level intelligence officers or command Russian assassins abroad. Prosecutors with special counsel David Weiss’ team said Tuesday that Smirnov has maintained those ties and noted that, in a post-arrest interview last week, “Smirnov admitted that officials associated with Russian intelligence were involved in passing a story about Businessperson 1,” referring to President Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden.

According to the new court filing, Smirnov told investigators he was in contact with “four different Russian officials,” all of whom are “top officials” and two of whom “are the heads of the entities they represent.” Prosecutors did not independently verify in the filing whether Smirnov’s reported contacts are legitimate, nor whether the Russians provided him with disinformation about the Bidens. The false information that Smirnov reported “was not trivial,” prosecutors wrote. “It targeted the presumptive nominee of one of the two major political parties in the United States. The effects of Smirnov’s false statements and fabricated information continue to be felt to this day,” prosecutors said, making an apparent reference to the turmoil in Congress over the discredited bribery allegations – which were a key element of the GOP impeachment probe.

Of particular note is a story Smirnov allegedly told the FBI in September 2023, alleging that Hunter Biden was recorded making phone calls in a Kyiv hotel that is “wired” and “under the control of the Russians.” Federal agents said they knew Smirnov’s story was false because Hunter Biden has “never travelled to Ukraine.”
It's perfectly obvious what happened here. The Swamp got to Smirnov and spirited him away to the basement of a pizza parlor where they threatened to drain and drink the blood of him and his children unless he recanted his original testimony. In doing so, he ensured the continued hegemony of the secret, evil cabal of tens of thousands of Democrats, Republicans, Hollywood elite, tech industry executives, the FBI, Antifa, and supporters of the designated hitter. It's that simple. Can't you see that?
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

Weyoun

#7 Post by Weyoun » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:19 am

But remember, Russia is not the enemy. They should be able to allow to roll through Ukraine, killing countless Ukrainians, because otherwise, there would be a war that might kill some Russians, and that would be immoral.

Also, they should be allowed to attack Western Europe, because they don’t pay enough in defense spending, so those people deserve to die also.

The most important thing is, Russia has no homosexuals, and their army doesn’t tolerate “woke.”

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:42 pm

Anyone notice that Flock hasn't had much to say since Smirnov's arrest?

And anyone want to take an over/under before we get confirmation that the Hunter Biden laptop was another Russian disinformation hoax?

flockofseagulls104

#9 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:29 pm

Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:42 pm

And anyone want to take an over/under before we get confirmation that the Hunter Biden laptop was another Russian disinformation hoax?
Why the hell do you have such an obsession over me? I will post when I have an opinion on something. I don't automatically troll you. That's your thing.

I have already said I think it's a mistake to try and impeach biden and am not following that effort, but some feel they need to follow precedents established by previous congresses. But I'm glad they caught Smirnov, the only person in Washington DC who has ever told a lie, except for Trump, of course.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

tlynn78

#10 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:05 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:29 pm

Why the hell do you have such an obsession over me? I will post when I have an opinion on something. I don't automatically troll you. That's your thing.

I have already said I think it's a mistake to try and impeach biden and am not following that effort, but some feel they need to follow precedents established by previous congresses. But I'm glad they caught Smirnov, the only person in Washington DC who has ever told a lie, except for Trump, of course.
I have to give it to you, Flock - you have far, far more patience than I for their puerile attempts to feel superior.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#11 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:56 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:05 pm

I have to give it to you, Flock - you have far, far more patience than I for their puerile attempts to feel superior.
Well, they know that more than half the country will vote for Trump, according to the polls (which is their Bible). And they also know there is not one of us that is the intellectual equal of even the dumbest of them. We're all a bunch of racist morons. Just ask doc.

Weyoun

#12 Post by Weyoun » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:54 pm

Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:56 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:05 pm

Well, they know that more than half the country will vote for Trump, according to the polls (which is their Bible). And they also know there is not one of us that is the intellectual equal of even the dumbest of them. We're all a bunch of racist morons. Just ask doc.
I think you're just a moron, if that makes you feel better. BiT, who thinks George Floyd deserved it (the fentanyl!), and Spock, who dreams of sport-shooting blacks, OTOH...

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#13 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:24 pm

Weyoun, seriously.
Well, then

BackInTex

#14 Post by BackInTex » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:01 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:24 pm
Weyoun, seriously.
I can’t believe he is mentally fit to be doctor. He can’t think his way out of a paper bag.

I’ve never said or implied Floyd deserved it. I would further explain my position but everyone with an IQ over 50 already understands it.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

tlynn78

#15 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:47 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Weyoun, seriously.
Not capable.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

tlynn78

#16 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:00 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:01 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Weyoun, seriously.
I can’t believe he is mentally fit to be doctor. He can’t think his way out of a paper bag.

I’ve never said or implied Floyd deserved it. I would further explain my position but everyone with an IQ over 50 already understands it.
I suppose between the spittle spewing and brain spinning fantasies, it's tough to keep up with the hysterical fabrications.

flockofseagulls104

#17 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:25 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:00 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Weyoun, seriously.

I suppose between the spittle spewing and brain spinning fantasies, it's tough to keep up with the hysterical fabrications.
Just my opinion, but I think he self medicates.

wbtravis007

#18 Post by wbtravis007 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:07 pm

Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:25 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:00 pm
BackInTex wrote:

Just my opinion, but I think he self medicates.
It would be interesting to see an AI analysis, or something else that might be close to an objective assessment, ranking us re: how vituperative, disrespectful, mean-sprited, vengeful, and hyperbolic we each tend to be here.

And, I’ve never said that “someone” who mentioned self-medication should see about getting on something to help with the frothing that I’ve seen for over 20 years. I’ve just always assumed that he was either on something already, and had either missed some doses or taken too many, or that he needed to be on something but didn’t know it or refused it.

Weyoun

#19 Post by Weyoun » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:35 am

BackInTex wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Weyoun, seriously.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61898&p=599086&hilit=floyd#p599086

Did not take very long to find a post where you were, indeed, justifying the murder of Floyd.

tlynn78

#20 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:56 am

Weyoun wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:35 am
BackInTex wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Weyoun, seriously.

Did not take very long to find a post where you were, indeed, justifying the murder of Floyd.
I think you don't know what that word means.

flockofseagulls104

#21 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:27 am

Weyoun wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Weyoun, seriously.

And you make diagnoses with that sharp mind? Do you amputate for a hangnail?

BackInTex

#22 Post by BackInTex » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:46 am

Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:27 am
Weyoun wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Yeah, what I was alluding to Flock.I'm not sure if "deserve" and "responsible for" are terms the doctor fully understands. He pulls a quote by me explaining how I feel Floyd is fully responsible for his own death. That is different from saying he deserved to die, which I've never said or implied.

That would be like, oh, someone saying that someone deserves to die should they die of a complication from a voluntarily taken vaccine.

Bottom line, personal responsibilty is not a concept he understands, nor believes in.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

flockofseagulls104

#23 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:35 am

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:46 am
Weyoun wrote:

Yeah, what I was alluding to Flock.I'm not sure if "deserve" and "responsible for" are terms the doctor fully understands. He pulls a quote by me explaining how I feel Floyd is fully responsible for his own death. That is different from saying he deserved to die, which I've never said or implied.

That would be like, oh, someone saying that someone deserves to die should they die of a complication from a voluntarily taken vaccine.

Bottom line, personal responsibilty is not a concept he understands, nor believes in.
One of the reasons I spend time on this bored is to try and understand the leftists on this bored. I don't understand how they are so committed to stances that are so convoluted and self-contradicting. What I found so far is there seems to be no way of expanding their perspectives or convincing them to look at and debate some of their stances in a reasonable manner. This example is typical. How can any reasonable person come to the conclusion doc did based on your statement? The only way I can see is there is a background of hatred involved. Somehow he is convinced you are what he considers a racist or something and is doing transference, without knowing anything about you. How did this come about? It wasn't this way when I was younger. People had different viewpoints on issues, but their arguments were mostly based in reality and rationality. Not anymore.

I engage in it too, by responding in kind to the abuse that's hurled at me. (see my signature). Well, I'm not perfect, and I admit it. but I am not what the lefties seem to think I am, and that's how I know they are lying a lot of the time. They are offended by my opinions, but what they don't understand is there are a lot of people that share my opinions that are a lot more informed than I am, and than they are. Those opinions cannot be dismissed by calling me names.

silverscreenselect

#24 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:56 am

Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:35 am
what they don't understand is there are a lot of people that share my opinions that are a lot more informed than I am.
Here are some of them:

Weyoun

#25 Post by Weyoun » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:08 am

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:46 am
Weyoun wrote:

What’s the purpose of even mentioning that you think Floyd is “fully responsible” for his own death?

Aside from the fact that whether or not that’s different from “deserve” is not really clear, a jury disagreed, and found nothing mitigating about the situation.

And it was your main comment about the situation. Not that the situation was a tragedy, or that, indeed, the police officer did deserve to go to prison for it. Your only thought was that Floyd somehow had it coming because he was a criminal.

I bet you think rape victims have it coming also because of their skirt lengths.

It was just a strange, telling thing of you to blurt out.

You clowns pound me all the time, suggesting that I’m too smart for my own good, or apparently implying I’m an alcoholic, but at least I can still be sufficiently horrified the murder of someone in broad daylight. The whole lot of you go around thinking that cruel things should happen to other people. How disgusting!