Let it speak for itself

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Let it speak for itself

#1 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:41 pm

https://twitter.com/i/status/1749893378165391480

Why we need to drain the swamp.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 21647
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Let it speak for itself

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:57 pm

Most of this isn't news. Lake has already said during her Senate run that she'd been offered pretty substantial compensation to refrain from running. The only news here is who was doing the offering. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 23274
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Let it speak for itself

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:02 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:57 pm
Most of this isn't news. Lake has already said during her Senate run that she'd been offered pretty substantial compensation to refrain from running. The only news here is who was doing the offering. --Bob
Man bites dog... News
Republicans are crooked, sleazy politicians... Not News

Flock, you'll be happy to know that Ruben Gallego will drain a lot of that Arizona swamp come November.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 14978
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Let it speak for itself

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:12 pm

Well, then

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Let it speak for itself

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:26 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:57 pm
Most of this isn't news. Lake has already said during her Senate run that she'd been offered pretty substantial compensation to refrain from running. The only news here is who was doing the offering. --Bob
I guess to you it's not news for the power elite to bribe a candidate not to run. Shows where your head is at. I guess that's how things go for above-average ultra-partisan lawyers. Corruption must be an everyday occurrence to you. Not news.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Let it speak for itself

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:43 pm

Man bites dog... News
Republicans are crooked, sleazy politicians... Not News
What's not news is you don't get it. BACK EAST = WASHINGTON DC. And what's so stupid is you think in terms of republicans and democrats. It's the uniparty, stupid!
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Let it speak for itself

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:54 pm

Let this speak for itself.
Another unvetted illegal entry into America.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 21647
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Let it speak for itself

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:04 pm

Apparently it's Republicans who don't want to vote to expel him. If all of the Republicans join the majority of the Democratic Caucus who have already called for Menendez's resignation, there'd be enough votes to expel him. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Let it speak for itself

#9 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:26 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:04 pm
Apparently it's Republicans who don't want to vote to expel him. If all of the Republicans join the majority of the Democratic Caucus who have already called for Menendez's resignation, there'd be enough votes to expel him. --Bob
Uniparty protecting their own.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13588
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Let it speak for itself

#10 Post by earendel » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:59 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:26 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:04 pm
Apparently it's Republicans who don't want to vote to expel him. If all of the Republicans join the majority of the Democratic Caucus who have already called for Menendez's resignation, there'd be enough votes to expel him. --Bob
Uniparty protecting their own.
More like having him in office dilutes the Democratic message. I doubt that the Republicans have any great love for Menendez. Contrast that with how the Democrats voted on the expulsion of George Santos.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Let it speak for itself

#11 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:06 am

earendel wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:59 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:26 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:04 pm
Apparently it's Republicans who don't want to vote to expel him. If all of the Republicans join the majority of the Democratic Caucus who have already called for Menendez's resignation, there'd be enough votes to expel him. --Bob
Uniparty protecting their own.
More like having him in office dilutes the Democratic message. I doubt that the Republicans have any great love for Menendez. Contrast that with how the Democrats voted on the expulsion of George Santos.
OK, ear. you've asked me a lot of questions. What exactly is the democratic message other than hate the orange man and lies about abortion?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Let it speak for itself

#12 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:58 pm

Back to this....

Jeff Dewit, the republican state chair who forwarded the bribe offer, has released a whiny resignation letter. Of course, it wasn't his fault. All taken out of context. Lake is nasty for proving what she said last March, when nobody paid any attention to it.

While it doesn't bother above-average lawyers and professional bored trollers in the least, to them it's just business as usual, some of us right-wing lunatics would really like to know exactly who was backing those bribe offers.

Do you think for one minute any enterprising member of the MSM has the least bit of interest in finding that out? I would not hold your breath.

But God forbid someone not in that club does a little investigating on their own and finds out. The minute they say anything, they are labeled 'RIGHT-WING CONSPIRACY THEORISTS' by the gang that has no interest in finding out. The trollboys and above average lawyersout their in the echo chamber get on their high horses and warn you not to listen to it, because it is a 'threat to democracy'.

That's how it works....
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 21647
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Let it speak for itself

#13 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:01 pm

For the record, contrary to what the liar in this thread has implied, I didn’t say it didn’t bother me. I said this bribe offer wasn’t news because Lake spoke about it last year. The only thing that’s news is who delivered the bribe offer. One wonders why that information didn’t also come from Lake, but I guess she had her reasons. Might be interesting to know whether those reasons included a desire to protect DeWit. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13588
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Let it speak for itself

#14 Post by earendel » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:31 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:06 am
OK, ear. you've asked me a lot of questions. What exactly is the democratic message other than hate the orange man and lies about abortion?
Let's see - support for Ukraine and Israel (yes, I know there are some on the far left who have issues with Israel), common sense solutions to the border problem (Congressional Republicans don't want a solution until their guy is in office, because compromising would help Biden), support for women's bodily autonomy (what "lies about abortion"?). Those will do for a start.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 21647
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Let it speak for itself

#15 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:50 pm

earendel wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:31 pm
Let's see - support for Ukraine and Israel (yes, I know there are some on the far left who have issues with Israel), common sense solutions to the border problem (Congressional Republicans don't want a solution until their guy is in office, because compromising would help Biden), support for women's bodily autonomy (what "lies about abortion"?). Those will do for a start.
Today's Houston Chronicle reported that more than 26,000 women in Texas have become pregnant from their rapists since Texas outlawed abortion with no exceptions for rape and incest. Some of them undoubtedly found the resources to travel out of state to get abortions, and some undoubtedly made a voluntary choice to see the pregnancy through. But some of those women were undoubtedly compelled to bear their rapists' babies when that is not the choice they would have made. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 14978
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Let it speak for itself

#16 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:10 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:50 pm
earendel wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:31 pm
Let's see - support for Ukraine and Israel (yes, I know there are some on the far left who have issues with Israel), common sense solutions to the border problem (Congressional Republicans don't want a solution until their guy is in office, because compromising would help Biden), support for women's bodily autonomy (what "lies about abortion"?). Those will do for a start.
Today's Houston Chronicle reported that more than 26,000 women in Texas have become pregnant from their rapists since Texas outlawed abortion with no exceptions for rape and incest. Some of them undoubtedly found the resources to travel out of state to get abortions, and some undoubtedly made a voluntary choice to see the pregnancy through. But some of those women were undoubtedly compelled to bear their rapists' babies when that is not the choice they would have made. --Bob
See, I know surprising, I think there should be exceptions. However, if it means less elective abortions for convenience, well.
Well, then

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Let it speak for itself

#17 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:26 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:50 pm
earendel wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:31 pm
Let's see - support for Ukraine and Israel (yes, I know there are some on the far left who have issues with Israel), common sense solutions to the border problem (Congressional Republicans don't want a solution until their guy is in office, because compromising would help Biden), support for women's bodily autonomy (what "lies about abortion"?). Those will do for a start.
Today's Houston Chronicle reported that more than 26,000 women in Texas have become pregnant from their rapists since Texas outlawed abortion with no exceptions for rape and incest. Some of them undoubtedly found the resources to travel out of state to get abortions, and some undoubtedly made a voluntary choice to see the pregnancy through. But some of those women were undoubtedly compelled to bear their rapists' babies when that is not the choice they would have made. --Bob
Wasn't asking you, bobby. You are cognitively challenged.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 21647
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Let it speak for itself

#18 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:34 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:10 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:50 pm
earendel wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:31 pm
Let's see - support for Ukraine and Israel (yes, I know there are some on the far left who have issues with Israel), common sense solutions to the border problem (Congressional Republicans don't want a solution until their guy is in office, because compromising would help Biden), support for women's bodily autonomy (what "lies about abortion"?). Those will do for a start.
Today's Houston Chronicle reported that more than 26,000 women in Texas have become pregnant from their rapists since Texas outlawed abortion with no exceptions for rape and incest. Some of them undoubtedly found the resources to travel out of state to get abortions, and some undoubtedly made a voluntary choice to see the pregnancy through. But some of those women were undoubtedly compelled to bear their rapists' babies when that is not the choice they would have made. --Bob
See, I know surprising, I think there should be exceptions. However, if it means less elective abortions for convenience, well.
I seriously doubt that very many women who choose abortion consider it "convenient." --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

wbtravis007
Posts: 1367
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:15 pm
Location: Skipperville, Tx.

Re: Let it speak for itself

#19 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:04 pm

earendel wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:31 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:06 am
OK, ear. you've asked me a lot of questions. What exactly is the democratic message other than hate the orange man and lies about abortion?
Let's see - support for Ukraine and Israel (yes, I know there are some on the far left who have issues with Israel), common sense solutions to the border problem (Congressional Republicans don't want a solution until their guy is in office, because compromising would help Biden), support for women's bodily autonomy (what "lies about abortion"?). Those will do for a start.
My biggest concern, which Democrat presidents have proven to be much more successful at addressing, is fiscal discipline. Republicans talk about it a lot, of course.

I also don’t want to be on the same side as professed white supremacists and fascists. And, I find the mean-spiritedness that Trump stokes to be repugnant.
Last edited by wbtravis007 on Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 14978
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Let it speak for itself

#20 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:38 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:34 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:10 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:50 pm
Today's Houston Chronicle reported that more than 26,000 women in Texas have become pregnant from their rapists since Texas outlawed abortion with no exceptions for rape and incest. Some of them undoubtedly found the resources to travel out of state to get abortions, and some undoubtedly made a voluntary choice to see the pregnancy through. But some of those women were undoubtedly compelled to bear their rapists' babies when that is not the choice they would have made. --Bob
See, I know surprising, I think there should be exceptions. However, if it means less elective abortions for convenience, well.
I seriously doubt that very many women who choose abortion consider it "convenient." --Bob
I think you're wrong.
Well, then

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 21647
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Let it speak for itself

#21 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:06 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:38 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:34 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:10 pm
See, I know surprising, I think there should be exceptions. However, if it means less elective abortions for convenience, well.
I seriously doubt that very many women who choose abortion consider it "convenient." --Bob
I think you're wrong.
Here's some data. There are other studies as well -- this was just the most recent I could find in 90 seconds of searching. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 14978
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Let it speak for itself

#22 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:25 pm

Well, then

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Let it speak for itself

#23 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:34 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:01 pm
For the record, contrary to what the liar in this thread has implied, I didn’t say it didn’t bother me. I said this bribe offer wasn’t news because Lake spoke about it last year. The only thing that’s news is who delivered the bribe offer. One wonders why that information didn’t also come from Lake, but I guess she had her reasons. Might be interesting to know whether those reasons included a desire to protect DeWit. —Bob
No surprise that you didn't listen to it. Lake wanted to know, but Dewit dodged it. Just 'back east'. And, I am assuming you are referring to me, what exactly did I ever lie about? Coming back to the bored? I explained my reasons, and if you don't like it, you're a moderator, why don't you act like facebook and youtube and throw me out? You may not like my opinions, but I have not lied about anything, ever. And, unlike you, I know that I don't know what I don't know. And when I have been mistaken about something that turned out that I didn't know, I have admitted it. I may have missed it, but I have never seen anything like that from you. Only threats to sue me because I questioned your integrity.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Let it speak for itself

#24 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:48 pm

earendel wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:31 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:06 am
OK, ear. you've asked me a lot of questions. What exactly is the democratic message other than hate the orange man and lies about abortion?
Let's see - support for Ukraine and Israel (yes, I know there are some on the far left who have issues with Israel), common sense solutions to the border problem (Congressional Republicans don't want a solution until their guy is in office, because compromising would help Biden), support for women's bodily autonomy (what "lies about abortion"?). Those will do for a start.
I didn't know that the democrats platform was support for Ukraine and Israel. As opposed to the republicans being against support for Ukraine and Israel? As far as I know, there is a split among republicans about Ukraine, and pretty much unanimous support for Israel.

What exactly is the democrats common sense solution to the border problem? Not having any? Enterprising reporters not in the MSM club have actually done some in-depth investigative reporting over the border and show evidence that there is an organized network supported by NGOs, the UN, the cartels and the US taxpayer to get as many people over the border as possible. But of course that can just be dismissed as right-wing conspiracy theories.

And as far as I am concerned, the democrat view of the abortion issue is every bit, and probably more, extreme than the extremists on the right. They do not see a baby as a life, even up to the point of birth. There needs to be concessions on both sides, not lies pointing fingers at everyone who opposes abortions as wanting women to give up control of their bodies. They do have control over their bodies, but they also have responsibilities. And so do men.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13588
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Let it speak for itself

#25 Post by earendel » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:42 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:48 pm
earendel wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:31 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:06 am
OK, ear. you've asked me a lot of questions. What exactly is the democratic message other than hate the orange man and lies about abortion?
Let's see - support for Ukraine and Israel (yes, I know there are some on the far left who have issues with Israel), common sense solutions to the border problem (Congressional Republicans don't want a solution until their guy is in office, because compromising would help Biden), support for women's bodily autonomy (what "lies about abortion"?). Those will do for a start.
I didn't know that the democrats platform was support for Ukraine and Israel. As opposed to the republicans being against support for Ukraine and Israel? As far as I know, there is a split among republicans about Ukraine, and pretty much unanimous support for Israel.
I'm not addressing the Republican stance on Ukraine and Israel, but the fact that the House will not pass a bill that provides financial support for Ukraine and Israel speaks for itself.
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:48 pm
What exactly is the democrats common sense solution to the border problem? Not having any? Enterprising reporters not in the MSM club have actually done some in-depth investigative reporting over the border and show evidence that there is an organized network supported by NGOs, the UN, the cartels and the US taxpayer to get as many people over the border as possible. But of course that can just be dismissed as right-wing conspiracy theories.
The White House has offered concessions on border security in order to get the above-mentioned bill passed. The "common sense solutions" include providing more legal avenues for immigration, hiring more officials to process asylum requests, and doing more to address the issues that cause immigrants to leave their home countries.
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:48 pm
And as far as I am concerned, the democrat view of the abortion issue is every bit, and probably more, extreme than the extremists on the right. They do not see a baby as a life, even up to the point of birth. There needs to be concessions on both sides, not lies pointing fingers at everyone who opposes abortions as wanting women to give up control of their bodies. They do have control over their bodies, but they also have responsibilities. And so do men.
You have a distorted view of the Democratic views on abortion. While there may be some extremists who might think what you claim, but that is not the - dare I say "mainstream"? - viewpoint. Bill Clinton coined the phrase "abortion should be safe, legal, and rare" and that is what I would say is the Democratic position.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Post Reply