Liz Cheney

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
flockofseagulls104

Re: Liz Cheney

#51 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:46 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:45 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:22 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:39 pm
I give up.
Beebs,
I hate to pile on to you, but I am flummoxed by your decision not to vote for trump under any circumstances. I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure you do not share the narratives that the usual suspects on this bored cling to. So, if trump does turn out to be the nominee, why are you surrendering your vote to them?
One of the reasons we have two extreme leftist Senators in Georgia, and by extension, why the democrat party holds the Senate, is because many people did what you are saying you will do. Because they didn't like Walker. Because they didn't like Loeffler. So they gave it to Saint Ossoff and Warnock.
Please explain why you would do that.
My give up was in response to bob#.

With that said I don't think Trump is normal. As in reasonable and sane.
He's a megalomaniac and doesn't help any progress in keeping world sanity. Not that there's anyone else, but we need to decide that.
Do those to whom you are surrendering your vote have a better resume? In my view, the world has gone completely insane since they took office. And if they remain in control, it will get exponentially worse.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#52 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:57 pm

Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:46 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:22 pm

Beebs,
I hate to pile on to you, but I am flummoxed by your decision not to vote for trump under any circumstances. I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure you do not share the narratives that the usual suspects on this bored cling to. So, if trump does turn out to be the nominee, why are you surrendering your vote to them?
One of the reasons we have two extreme leftist Senators in Georgia, and by extension, why the democrat party holds the Senate, is because many people did what you are saying you will do. Because they didn't like Walker. Because they didn't like Loeffler. So they gave it to Saint Ossoff and Warnock.
Please explain why you would do that.

He's a megalomaniac and doesn't help any progress in keeping world sanity. Not that there's anyone else, but we need to decide that.
Do those to whom you are surrendering your vote have a better resume? In my view, the world has gone completely insane since they took office. And if they remain in control, it will get exponentially worse.
I will probably write in someone. It's a mess regardless.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#53 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:16 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:57 pm
Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:46 pm
Beebs52 wrote:

I will probably write in someone. It's a mess regardless.
Well, I guess it depends on what state you are in. When I lived in Washington State, I did not vote for Trump. I thought just like you do now. But I couldn't vote for Clinton. So I wrote in someone else. I knew it didn't matter there. But if you live in a swing state, you are giving your vote to whoever is running Biden or whatever other lunatic they get to run America into the ground.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Weyoun

#54 Post by Weyoun » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:05 pm

Here is the funny thing. I actually think border security, In fact, it is important in general. Not so much because I think terrorists are piling through, because they’re not. More just because we need to be able to regulate the flow of people. It’s a matter of regulation and controlling what the numbers are.

With that said, I favor more immigration, not less. These people clearly want to work and they’re adding something to the country. The numbers favor getting more people to make sure that we have workers, and that Social Security stays funded.

If folks like tlynn were serious about this issue, and not so fearful of white replacement, they would look at some of the things driving all this. White people aren’t having as many kids because kids are expensive. Education expensive. Healthcare expensive. They have no interest addressing this. They just want to tell people to fuck off if they have a kid and they don’t have enough money. Education expensive? Fuck off. Your kid is born with birth defects and has to have all these treatments? Well, we won’t let you have an abortion, plus, fuck off, asshole, for having a special needs kid.

And they keep pushing for this mercenary world, where it’s everyone for themselves, and bad things can be devastating. So don’t be surprised if people do risk adverse things like wait until their late 30s to have a kid, or not have a kid at all.

And then they complain when there’s a population shortfall.

But when you’re in the nursing home one day, you need someone to wipe your ass. And they will expect to be paid! Just think about that.

tlynn78

#55 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:55 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:05 pm
Here is the funny thing. I actually think border security, In fact, it is important in general. Not so much because I think terrorists are piling through, because they’re not. More just because we need to be able to regulate the flow of people. It’s a matter of regulation and controlling what the numbers are.

With that said, I favor more immigration, not less. These people clearly want to work and they’re adding something to the country. The numbers favor getting more people to make sure that we have workers, and that Social Security stays funded.

If folks like tlynn were serious about this issue, and not so fearful of white replacement, they would look at some of the things driving all this. White people aren’t having as many kids because kids are expensive. Education expensive. Healthcare expensive. They have no interest addressing this. They just want to tell people to fuck off if they have a kid and they don’t have enough money. Education expensive? Fuck off. Your kid is born with birth defects and has to have all these treatments? Well, we won’t let you have an abortion, plus, fuck off, asshole, for having a special needs kid.

And they keep pushing for this mercenary world, where it’s everyone for themselves, and bad things can be devastating. So don’t be surprised if people do risk adverse things like wait until their late 30s to have a kid, or not have a kid at all.

But when you’re in the nursing home one day, you need someone to wipe your ass. And they will expect to be paid! Just think about that.
You couldn't be more clueless. About all of that^
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#56 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:03 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:55 pm
Weyoun wrote:

As a rule of thumb, whenever someone makes a detailed, thoughtful, knowledgeable comment on an issue, especially one which they have some expertise in, and Tgirl makes a one-line snarky reply that probably took her all of three seconds to compose, I put more credence in the original poster.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#57 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:52 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:03 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:55 pm
Weyoun wrote:

As a rule of thumb, whenever someone makes a detailed, thoughtful, knowledgeable comment on an issue, especially one which they have some expertise in, and Tgirl makes a one-line snarky reply that probably took her all of three seconds to compose, I put more credence in the original poster.
Even if they're wrong?
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#58 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:03 pm

I believe you, sss, and Weyoun have pat, misguided views of past and current history. And how it affects current events. Bring the snark.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#59 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:11 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:03 pm
I believe you, sss, and Weyoun have pat, misguided views of past and current history. And how it affects current events. Bring the snark.
If you want your views to be taken seriously, you need to explain what it is about their views you think is wrong and what evidence supports that position. It seems to me you just choose to disbelieve readily verifiable facts, which choice makes reasoned discussion with you pointless. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#60 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:15 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:11 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
If you want your views to be taken seriously, you need to explain what it is about their views you think is wrong and what evidence supports that position. It seems to me you just choose to disbelieve readily verifiable facts, which choice makes reasoned discussion with you pointless. --Bob
Turn that around dude and you'll see why y'all are a joke, often. You deflect, not answer.
Well, then

tlynn78

#61 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:47 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:15 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Turn that around dude and you'll see why y'all are a joke, often. You deflect, not answer.
Exactly. I especially enjoy when they tell us lil wimmins what we "must" do.
I can't imagine a greater waste of time than trying to persuade the fragile egos here to see anything beyond the horseshit they love to wallow in. Y'all are lost causes and to put it simply (and I typed slowly to help you out), you're not worth my time.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#62 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:36 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? When you (plural wise) do present 'evidence' it is mostly opinions of 'experts' on your side of the street. And you ignore and ridicule any tangible evidence and facts presented that contradicts you.
You, of all people, shouldn't be talking about reasoned discussion. You only engage in self-aggrandizing, sanctimonious pronouncements.

silverscreenselect

#63 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:39 pm

Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:36 pm
And you ignore and ridicule any tangible evidence and facts presented that contradicts you.
The only "tangible evidence" you present was rejected by 60 courts. And I'm still waiting to see tangible evidence of the "very fine people" at Charlottesville.

flockofseagulls104

#64 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:31 pm

Here's some tangible evidence. I interpret his statement as referring to the entire protest, not the day of the incident. And HE IS CORRECT.
Your side takes it out of context for their own purposes. My context is more relevant than yours, because Trump unambiguously and completely condemned the neo nazis at the event, but your context never acknowledges that fact. It does not matter if none of the footage captures an innocent 'very fine' bystander to the violence who was against the removal of the statue. I don't think they were wearing t-shirts that said 'I am a very fine person on the left' or 'Very fine person on the right'. They all probably got the hell out of there when it started. And who knows who the people were that recorded it, anyway. Your narrative holds not a drop of water. And it is just mass insanity that so many people, including our senile president, believe it. So shut up about it once and for all.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2019 ... s-remarks/

I just thought of something else: You like to say you are a lawyer. Prove to me Trump made a false statement. Prove to me beyond a reasonable doubt that there was NOT EVEN ONE fine person in whatever locale you are referencing in whatever time period you are referencing. You are making the accusation. The burden of proof is on you. If you can't, then, again, shut up about it.

silverscreenselect

#65 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:35 pm

Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:31 pm
I just thought of something else: You like to say you are a lawyer. Prove to me Trump made a false statement. Prove to me beyond a reasonable doubt that there was NOT EVEN ONE fine person in whatever locale you are referencing in whatever time period you are referencing. You are making the accusation. The burden of proof is on you. If you can't, then, again, shut up about it.
So again, your "evidence" is that I can't prove your evidence doesn't exist. As with all the other blather that you recycle from Trump, you have no evidence. As with all your other arguments, you have no facts. You have no evidence. All you have is blather and arm-waving.

It should be easy to find records of "very fine people" at Charlottesville. Do you know how the FBI caught a lot of the January 6 protestors? Because they took selfies and videos of themselves and posted them on social media for the world to see. But not a single "very fine person" posted a picture of mom and pop and the grandkids in front of the Robert E. Lee statue.

flockofseagulls104

#66 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:09 pm

Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:35 pm
So again, your "evidence" is that I can't prove your evidence doesn't exist. As with all the other blather that you recycle from Trump, you have no evidence. As with all your other arguments, you have no facts. You have no evidence. All you have is blather and arm-waving.

It should be easy to find records of "very fine people" at Charlottesville. Do you know how the FBI caught a lot of the January 6 protestors? Because they took selfies and videos of themselves and posted them on social media for the world to see. But not a single "very fine person" posted a picture of mom and pop and the grandkids in front of the Robert E. Lee statue.
Once again. you ignore the main point I made and make a stupid argument to a side point. Read the whole interview. He was talking about the PROTEST. Not the murderous incident that happened the next day. And he is on record specifically contradicting your narrative.

Prove your accusation, counselor. The burden is on you. And I will even let you define the locale, time period, and what you think constitutes a fine person, but PROVE there was not EVEN ONE 'fine person' there. Show YOUR evidence, counselor. If you can't, (and you know you can't) just drop it. I have said well over enough on this subject, so I will let you spout your nonsense to yourself. It just makes you look stupider and stupider.

silverscreenselect

#67 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:25 pm

Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:09 pm

Once again. you ignore the main point I made and make a stupid argument to a side point. Read the whole interview. He was talking about the PROTEST. Not the murderous incident that happened the next day. And he is on record specifically contradicting your narrative.

Prove your accusation, counselor. The burden is on you. And I will even let you define the locale, time period, and what you think constitutes a fine person, but PROVE there was not EVEN ONE 'fine person' there. Show YOUR evidence, counselor. If you can't, (and you know you can't) just drop it. I have said well over enough on this subject, so I will let you spout your nonsense to yourself. It just makes you look stupider and stupider.
I know what Trump said and how his handlers interpreted it for him. But that assumes there were "very fine people" at the protest. You've done a lot of hemming and hawing, but neither you, nor Trump, nor Dennis Prager, nor anyone has produced any evidence of these very fine people. That's not surprising in your case because you never produce any facts to support your claims. You know you can't find any evidence of very fine people because there weren't any. The "very fine people" knew there was going to be trouble and stayed away.

The legal term for what you are doing is assuming facts not in evidence.

flockofseagulls104

#68 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:32 pm

Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:25 pm
Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:09 pm

I know what Trump said and how his handlers interpreted it for him. But that assumes there were "very fine people" at the protest. You've done a lot of hemming and hawing, but neither you, nor Trump, nor Dennis Prager, nor anyone has produced any evidence of these very fine people. That's not surprising in your case because you never produce any facts to support your claims. You know you can't find any evidence of very fine people because there weren't any. The "very fine people" knew there was going to be trouble and stayed away.

The legal term for what you are doing is assuming facts not in evidence.
Just one more time. YOU are making the accusation. The accusation is that because he said the words 'very fine people on both sides', that somehow indicates he is a nazi or white supremacist, even though he categorically condemned them in the same interview. He is innocent of your charges until YOU prove he is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, or did they not teach you that in Acme Law school? So PROVE IT or shut up about it.

I must point out to you. It looks like TDS is a degenerative disease. Be careful. Look what it's done to both biden and harris's brains. Based on your posts here, indications are it might be affecting yours.

silverscreenselect

#69 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:37 pm

Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:32 pm
I must point out to you.
And I must point out to you. For the umpteenth time, you refuse to produce any facts or evidence to support anything you say, instead insisting that it's up to me to prove the opposite. And yet you claim you want to have a rational discussion of issues based on facts. When you never produce any facts.

flockofseagulls104

#70 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:49 pm

Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:37 pm
Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:32 pm
I must point out to you.
And I must point out to you. For the umpteenth time, you refuse to produce any facts or evidence to support anything you say, instead insisting that it's up to me to prove the opposite. And yet you claim you want to have a rational discussion of issues based on facts. When you never produce any facts.
Prove to me that Trump is a racist because he said the words 'fine persons on both sides'. That is your premise, is it not? Produce facts and evidence that support that premise. If it is not, what is your premise?

I have produced facts above that he stated undeniably that he condemned those people. I have given you the transcript of the entire interview. What facts have you produced? I have shown video evidence of Leticia James outright lying and proving her vendetta against trump yet you want to argue that Mar-a-Lago is worth shit, when you know it is worth far more than Engoron and James say it is, which isn't even the point. Sorry, I said I wouldn't do this, but you are a moron.

silverscreenselect

#71 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:07 am

Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:49 pm
If it is not, what is your premise?

I have produced facts above that he stated undeniably that he condemned those people. I have given you the transcript of the entire interview. What facts have you produced? I have shown video evidence of Leticia James outright lying and proving her vendetta against trump yet you want to argue that Mar-a-Lago is worth shit, when you know it is worth far more than Engoron and James say it is, which isn't even the point. Sorry, I said I wouldn't do this, but you are a moron.
My premise is that there were no "very fine people" on both sides. No one has ever produced a single "very fine person" who was there to wage a peaceful protest.

Second, it's no surprise that Letitia James opposed Trump. Almost two million more people in New York voted for Biden than Trump. If you look at New York City, Biden's percentage of the vote was even higher. But that doesn't mean she can't prosecute him when he violates the law. By your logic, the only people who can prosecute Trump for any crime are Republicans.

If the judge felt she had no case, he would have said so. Instead, he ruled in her favor on the matter of fraud as a matter of law. But the judge is out to get Trump as well because of politics. So is the DC judge. So is Fani Willis. So is Jack Smith. So are the 60 courts that ruled against his fraud claims. It's all a political vendetta conducted by many judges and prosecutors in many courts.

Your continued ignorance of basic law and accounting principles is understandable. That's how you swallow what your handlers tell you so easily. If you would bother to do five minutes of research on any ridiculous claim you make, you'd see how ridiculous they are. Try looking up "fair market value" some time.

Why don't you add "gullible moron" to your list?

tlynn78

#72 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:12 am

Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:07 am

My premise is that there were no "very fine people" on both sides. No one has ever produced a single "very fine person" who was there to wage a peaceful protest.

Second, it's no surprise that Letitia James opposed Trump. Almost two million more people in New York voted for Biden than Trump. If you look at New York City, Biden's percentage of the vote was even higher. But that doesn't mean she can't prosecute him when he violates the law. By your logic, the only people who can prosecute Trump for any crime are Republicans.

If the judge felt she had no case, he would have said so. Instead, he ruled in her favor on the matter of fraud as a matter of law. But the judge is out to get Trump as well because of politics. So is the DC judge. So is Fani Willis. So is Jack Smith. So are the 60 courts that ruled against his fraud claims. It's all a political vendetta conducted by many judges and prosecutors in many courts.

Your continued ignorance of basic law and accounting principles is understandable. That's how you swallow what your handlers tell you so easily. If you would bother to do five minutes of research on any ridiculous claim you make, you'd see how ridiculous they are. Try looking up "fair market value" some time.

Perhaps you should start your own list? Maybe start with "petulant child." Maybe "ignorant" "stilted" "obsessive" and "utterly boring." No one needs to produce a single 'very fine person' for your consideration. No one. Really. You can tantrum all you want in your own little space, and literally no one has to cater to it. Not to mention, your opinion of what constitutes a "very fine person" no doubt differs from others' opinion of same. I shudder to think...

flockofseagulls104

#73 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:16 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:12 am
Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:07 am

Perhaps you should start your own list? Maybe start with "petulant child." Maybe "ignorant" "stilted" "obsessive" and "utterly boring." No one needs to produce a single 'very fine person' for your consideration. No one. Really. You can tantrum all you want in your own little space, and literally no one has to cater to it. Not to mention, your opinion of what constitutes a "very fine person" no doubt differs from others' opinion of same. I shudder to think...
That is not even the point. The point is how they make some kind of jump from him saying '...fine people...' as "proof" he is a racist, nazi, white supremecist or whatever. It doesn't matter one iota whether there were 'fine people' there or not. If I found a video of some guy with a 'I am a fine person' t-shirt among the crowd, does that mean that everyone who believes trump is a nazi will offer their apologies? No, I don't think so. But it's what people like trollboy cling to. He NEVER addresses the main point, but picks at the minutia like a chihuahua at a bone.

Weyoun

#74 Post by Weyoun » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:41 am

What are we even arguing here?

As a former Charlottesville native - I would note that the crowd who came to protest was explicitly white supremacist and explicitly protesting the removal of a Confederate statue.

One could argue that this statue was pretty much ignored for years - I had no idea it was there! - and that perhaps if we collectively shrugged, one more person would be alive today.

BUT these folks clearly were white supremacists - why would you call them "very fine," unless to try to appeal to them? And why would any leader of our nation want that?

BackInTex

#75 Post by BackInTex » Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:07 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:41 am
What are we even arguing here?

As a former Charlottesville native - I would note that the crowd who came to protest was explicitly white supremacist and explicitly protesting the removal of a Confederate statue.

One could argue that this statue was pretty much ignored for years - I had no idea it was there! - and that perhaps if we collectively shrugged, one more person would be alive today.

BUT these folks clearly were white supremacists - why would you call them "very fine," unless to try to appeal to them? And why would any leader of our nation want that?
I know this is hard for you to comprehend, but not everyone opposed to removing such statues are white supremacists. You may not agree with them on that issue but that doesn’t make them white supremacists.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)