Anybody Who Equates....

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Spock

Anybody Who Equates....

#1 Post by Spock » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:46 pm

You know-anybody who equates the slightest opposition to George Soros (SSS) with the most virulent forms of anti-semitism is simply not serious about real anti-semitism-no matter how loudly he proclaims his bona fides and attacks others for being anti-semitic.

Real Jew hatred among the Arab and Moslem demographic-Crickets-but hours on how somebody might be slightly opposed to Soros.

jarnon

Re: Anybody Who Equates....

#2 Post by jarnon » Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:10 pm

Also, equating any criticism of Israel with antisemitism.

And especially revolting, saying the Israelis are just like the Nazis.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:48 pm

Spock wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:46 pm
You know-anybody who equates the slightest opposition to George Soros (SSS) with the most virulent forms of anti-semitism is simply not serious about real anti-semitism-no matter how loudly he proclaims his bona fides and attacks others for being anti-semitic.

Real Jew hatred among the Arab and Moslem demographic-Crickets-but hours on how somebody might be slightly opposed to Soros.
There is real hatred of Jews among Arabs and Moslems, a lot of it hatred of Israel. There is also that virulent type of hatred in this country. But there are a lot more antisemites in this country who wouldn't burn a synagogue or assault Jews in the street but who buy into the various antisemitic tropes that abound. I posted a poll on one of these threads showing how widespread these myths are. George Soros is just the latest poster child for the wealthy Jewish bankers who have been after decent Christians for over a century now. The more widespread these myths are the more people keep repeating them, the easier it is for the violent fringe to take them the next step further.

Spock is opposed to antisemitism when it is being spread and perpetrated by those he doesn't care for, Arabs, liberal college students, and the like. He seems to have discovered his opposition to antisemitism last month sometime. But when it's his buddies at the Sons of the Pioneers, not so much. You can't just be opposed to antisemitism when it suits you politically or arbitrarily decide which forms of antisemitism are worth opposing because they're sufficiently virulent. Antisemitism in this country has been on the rise since 2016 and seem to coincide with the rise of a particular political movement in this country.

This article was written last winter:

Antisemitism is on the rise, and it's not just about Ye
An old kind of hate has been very visible lately. High-profile entertainers and athletes have openly spouted antisemitic tropes. Former president Donald Trump dined recently with an outspoken Holocaust denier. Beyond these headlines, there's also been a steady rise in the number of hateful incidents directed at Jewish people over the past several years.

According to the Anti-Defamation League, 2021 was the highest year on record for documented reports of harassment, vandalism and violence directed against Jews. The watchdog group has tracked these incidents since 1979, and it says 2022 will look a lot like last year. These record breaking numbers present as part of a consistent, five year upswing in the number of antisemitic incidents, unprecedented in the ADL's three plus decades of data collection. The organization says it's more commonly tracked isolated spikes in a given year, as seen in 1994 and 1981.

The current streak includes the 2018 attack on the Pittsburgh Tree of Life synagogue - where a gunman killed 11 Jewish worshippers, as well as the deadly "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, Va. two years earlier where extremist demonstrators chanted "Jews will not replace us" during a torchlit march, but also thousands of smaller incidents like vandalizing Jewish schools and community centers, or extremist flyering campaigns.

Hate crimes more broadly have also been on the rise over the past few years. Experts sometimes refer to antisemitism as a "canary in the coal mine" for hate generally. Whenever a minority group is blamed for some real or perceived harm, such narratives almost always find ways to also attack Jews based on centuries-old myths about Jewish control and disloyalty. For those who are upset about Black people demonstrating against racism, or blame a pandemic on anyone who looks Asian, or are angry about the visibility of transgender people or queer culture, Snider says it's a short leap to conspiracist thinking.

"Jews are centered in a lot of conspiracy theories, especially around economy or power or greed or whatever. Those are core antisemitic tropes. So when we start to see unrest, we tend to see antisemitic incidents climb," said Snider. Snider says whenever celebrities or politicians flirt publicly with antisemitic tropes, increased extremist and neo-Nazi harrassment and recruiting tends to follow. These moments are opportunities for hateful highway banner drops, flyering and online radicalization.

As for Nick Fuentes, the white nationalist internet streamer who had dinner with Ye and the former president, Trump is not the first Republican candidate or official to spend time with him and later claim not to know about his very outspoken, antisemitic beliefs. Earlier this year Georgia U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene was a speaker at a fundraising event hosted by Fuentes. Arizona U.S. Rep. Paul Gosar addressed that same event. Both were re-elected last month.

As Republicans take over the house in January, Greene is expected to regain committee assignments that Democrats stripped her of based, in part, on her promotion of antisemitic conspiracy theories. Among the most prominent examples was Greene's claim that California wildfires may have been caused by the Rothschilds, a prominent Jewish banking family and mainstay in antisemitic conspiracy theories. "That's old-school, classic modern antisemitism coming from the 1870s and eighties and nineties into the 20th century," said Joshua Shanes, a Jewish Studies professor at the College of Charleston. "There's rhetoric that's accepted today that simply never would have possibly been accepted a generation ago, not since the 1930s, really," said Shanes. "People call it [political correctness], but there's a benefit to saying it is unacceptable to be openly racist, to be openly antisemitic. And if you are, you will not win political office. But that has gone away."

Shanes sometimes sees that normalization in his own classes, where students are not always familiar with the often coded language and imagery of antisemitism. It's made him change the way he teaches the history of the Nazi party's use of anti-Jewish propaganda films. "And I used to show it to my students. I'd say, okay, let's dissect it. What antisemitic myths do you see in here? Let's find them all. I don't do it anymore because I'm actually concerned they'll be persuaded by it," said Shanes. "And I used to show it to my students. I'd say, okay, let's dissect it. What antisemitic myths do you see in here? Let's find them all. I don't do it anymore because I'm actually concerned they'll be persuaded by it," said Shanes.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#4 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:04 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:48 pm
Spock wrote:

There is real hatred of Jews among Arabs and Moslems, a lot of it hatred of Israel. There is also that virulent type of hatred in this country. But there are a lot more antisemites in this country who wouldn't burn a synagogue or assault Jews in the street but who buy into the various antisemitic tropes that abound. I posted a poll on one of these threads showing how widespread these myths are. George Soros is just the latest poster child for the wealthy Jewish bankers who have been after decent Christians for over a century now. The more widespread these myths are the more people keep repeating them, the easier it is for the violent fringe to take them the next step further.

Spock is opposed to antisemitism when it is being spread and perpetrated by those he doesn't care for, Arabs, liberal college students, and the like. He seems to have discovered his opposition to antisemitism last month sometime. But when it's his buddies at the Sons of the Pioneers, not so much. You can't just be opposed to antisemitism when it suits you politically or arbitrarily decide which forms of antisemitism are worth opposing because they're sufficiently virulent. Antisemitism in this country has been on the rise since 2016 and seem to coincide with the rise of a particular political movement in this country.

An old kind of hate has been very visible lately. High-profile entertainers and athletes have openly spouted antisemitic tropes. Former president Donald Trump dined recently with an outspoken Holocaust denier. Beyond these headlines, there's also been a steady rise in the number of hateful incidents directed at Jewish people over the past several years.

According to the Anti-Defamation League, 2021 was the highest year on record for documented reports of harassment, vandalism and violence directed against Jews. The watchdog group has tracked these incidents since 1979, and it says 2022 will look a lot like last year. These record breaking numbers present as part of a consistent, five year upswing in the number of antisemitic incidents, unprecedented in the ADL's three plus decades of data collection. The organization says it's more commonly tracked isolated spikes in a given year, as seen in 1994 and 1981.

The current streak includes the 2018 attack on the Pittsburgh Tree of Life synagogue - where a gunman killed 11 Jewish worshippers, as well as the deadly "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, Va. two years earlier where extremist demonstrators chanted "Jews will not replace us" during a torchlit march, but also thousands of smaller incidents like vandalizing Jewish schools and community centers, or extremist flyering campaigns.

Hate crimes more broadly have also been on the rise over the past few years. Experts sometimes refer to antisemitism as a "canary in the coal mine" for hate generally. Whenever a minority group is blamed for some real or perceived harm, such narratives almost always find ways to also attack Jews based on centuries-old myths about Jewish control and disloyalty. For those who are upset about Black people demonstrating against racism, or blame a pandemic on anyone who looks Asian, or are angry about the visibility of transgender people or queer culture, Snider says it's a short leap to conspiracist thinking.

"Jews are centered in a lot of conspiracy theories, especially around economy or power or greed or whatever. Those are core antisemitic tropes. So when we start to see unrest, we tend to see antisemitic incidents climb," said Snider. Snider says whenever celebrities or politicians flirt publicly with antisemitic tropes, increased extremist and neo-Nazi harrassment and recruiting tends to follow. These moments are opportunities for hateful highway banner drops, flyering and online radicalization.

As for Nick Fuentes, the white nationalist internet streamer who had dinner with Ye and the former president, Trump is not the first Republican candidate or official to spend time with him and later claim not to know about his very outspoken, antisemitic beliefs. Earlier this year Georgia U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene was a speaker at a fundraising event hosted by Fuentes. Arizona U.S. Rep. Paul Gosar addressed that same event. Both were re-elected last month.

As Republicans take over the house in January, Greene is expected to regain committee assignments that Democrats stripped her of based, in part, on her promotion of antisemitic conspiracy theories. Among the most prominent examples was Greene's claim that California wildfires may have been caused by the Rothschilds, a prominent Jewish banking family and mainstay in antisemitic conspiracy theories. "That's old-school, classic modern antisemitism coming from the 1870s and eighties and nineties into the 20th century," said Joshua Shanes, a Jewish Studies professor at the College of Charleston. "There's rhetoric that's accepted today that simply never would have possibly been accepted a generation ago, not since the 1930s, really," said Shanes. "People call it [political correctness], but there's a benefit to saying it is unacceptable to be openly racist, to be openly antisemitic. And if you are, you will not win political office. But that has gone away."

Shanes sometimes sees that normalization in his own classes, where students are not always familiar with the often coded language and imagery of antisemitism. It's made him change the way he teaches the history of the Nazi party's use of anti-Jewish propaganda films. "And I used to show it to my students. I'd say, okay, let's dissect it. What antisemitic myths do you see in here? Let's find them all. I don't do it anymore because I'm actually concerned they'll be persuaded by it," said Shanes. "And I used to show it to my students. I'd say, okay, let's dissect it. What antisemitic myths do you see in here? Let's find them all. I don't do it anymore because I'm actually concerned they'll be persuaded by it," said Shanes.
It is very difficult to be taken seriously when every time one posts, it includes an ad hominem attack.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:24 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:04 am
Spock wrote:

It is very difficult to be taken seriously when every time one posts, it includes an ad hominem attack.
Do you imagine anyone, at all, takes him seriously?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:26 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:24 am

He seems to take himself seriously, which is why I've urged him many times to do some introspection.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

wbtravis007

#7 Post by wbtravis007 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:53 pm

Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:26 am
tlynn78 wrote:

He seems to take himself seriously, which is why I've urged him many times to do some introspection.
Three shots against the man. No comment whatsoever about the substance of the post.

But he’s the one who is a meanie and needs to introspect.

Pretty funny. Maybe not worth a MC, but still.

wbtravis007

#8 Post by wbtravis007 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:15 pm

Spock wrote:

I'll take your word for it. You, of all people, should know.

Weyoun

#9 Post by Weyoun » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:09 pm

Spock wrote:

You are usually not this self aware

Weyoun

#10 Post by Weyoun » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:09 pm

tlynn78 wrote:

tlynn78

#11 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:11 am

Weyoun wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:09 pm
tlynn78 wrote:

And you are usually precisely this juvenile. Consistency is key, I suppose.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Weyoun

#12 Post by Weyoun » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:27 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:11 am
Weyoun wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

Let me be the first to congratulate you on putting together two complete sentences in a row.

tlynn78

#13 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:04 am

Weyoun wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:27 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:11 am
Weyoun wrote:

Let me be the first to congratulate you on putting together two complete sentences in a row.
No congratulations needed - some of us are capable of doing that pretty routinely. Keep practicing!

silverscreenselect

#14 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:28 am

Actress Melissa Barrera, who starred in the recent Scream V and Scream VI movies, has been dropped from the cast of Scream VII following social media posts she made in which she claimed that the treatment of Gaza Palestinians was "genocide and ethnic cleansing." The production company issued a statement that "We have zero tolerance for antisemitism or the incitement of hate in any form, including false references to genocide, ethnic cleansing, Holocaust distortion or anything that flagrantly crosses the line into hate speech.” Production on the movie had been delayed due to the writers and actors strikes but was expected to start shortly. Now, they will have to figure out what to do with her character, who was one of the two main protagonists of the last two films.

In a somewhat related story, Susan Sarandon, who has been in hot water regarding her activism before, has been dropped by her agency following comments she made at a pro-Palestinian rally.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235669458/
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com