OK I'll admit it

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
flockofseagulls104

OK I'll admit it

#1 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:01 pm

TRAVIS:
Ok. I’ll admit it.

Now, what’s your compromise?
Against my better judgment, I will play. I will engage in a debate with you on this subject. A serious debate. At the first sign of you injecting any bullshit, it is over. I don't consider you, based on your history on this board, a serious person. But I will give you a chance.

This will be a debate between you and me, travis. NO OTHERS. I am not repressnting anyone's views but my own, and you are representing YOUR views on this subject. Anybody else posting on this thread will render it over and done with. And no posting links to/from 'experts'. For every expert you have, I can find a contradictory expert and vice versa. It is a waste of time.

This will be a debate of OUR opinions, no one else's.
I can't stop anyone from creating another thread to discuss this thread. But I can only hope you will not violate the intended spirit of this thread.

You have stated you admit that a fertilized egg is a human being. OK. We have that established.

What do you want?

I will start with a non-legalese statement. This is where I want to start. Don't pick on semantics, read it and understand its intended meaning.

Two people, one male and one female, who intentionally or unintentionally, produce another human life, are legally responsible for the well-being of that life. Except in specific circumstances, (which will be debated later), these two people have the responsibility for care of this human life from its conception until the life reaches the age of majority. They are forbidden to arbitrarily end that life except in specific circumstances.

This is probably not going to work, I know that from the start. But it will be a whole lot better than the way we debate things now. And to show if we can possibly do it at all.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

wbtravis007

Re: OK I'll admit it

#2 Post by wbtravis007 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:57 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:01 pm
TRAVIS:
Ok. I’ll admit it.

Against my better judgment, I will play. I will engage in a debate with you on this subject. A serious debate. At the first sign of you injecting any bullshit, it is over. I don't consider you, based on your history on this board, a serious person. But I will give you a chance.

This will be a debate between you and me, travis. NO OTHERS. I am not repressnting anyone's views but my own, and you are representing YOUR views on this subject. Anybody else posting on this thread will render it over and done with. And no posting links to/from 'experts'. For every expert you have, I can find a contradictory expert and vice versa. It is a waste of time.

I can't stop anyone from creating another thread to discuss this thread. But I can only hope you will not violate the intended spirit of this thread.

You have stated you admit that a fertilized egg is a human being. OK. We have that established.

What do you want?

I will start with a non-legalese statement. This is where I want to start. Don't pick on semantics, read it and understand its intended meaning.

Two people, one male and one female, who intentionally or unintentionally, produce another human life, are legally responsible for the well-being of that life. Except in specific circumstances, (which will be debated later), these two people have the responsibility for care of this human life from its conception until the life reaches the age of majority. They are forbidden to arbitrarily end that life except in specific circumstances.

This is probably not going to work, I know that from the start. But it will be a whole lot better than the way we debate things now. And to show if we can possibly do it at all.
Never mind. I take it back.

Good grief.

flockofseagulls104

#3 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:25 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:57 pm
Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:01 pm
TRAVIS:
Ok. I’ll admit it.

What do you want?

Good grief.
Point confirmed. You are not a serious person. Good luck.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

wbtravis007

#4 Post by wbtravis007 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:41 am

Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:25 pm
[quote=wbtravis007 post_id=602086 time=<a href="tel:1700182673">1700182673</a> user_id=27]
[quote=flockofseagulls104 post_id=602082 time=<a href="tel:1700175685">1700175685</a> user_id=53]
TRAVIS:
Ok. I’ll admit it.

What do you want?

Two people, one male and one female, who intentionally or unintentionally, produce another human life, are legally responsible for the well-being of that life. Except in specific circumstances, (which will be debated later), these two peopl
TRAVIS:

What do you want?

Good grief.
[/quote]
[/quote]

I knew you’d never answer my question about what your “compromise” (your word) would be; i.e., under what circumstances you’d consider it to be appropriate for a baby (your characterization) to be killed.

Anyway, I appreciate your good wishes. Maybe you’re a little more mature than I had thought.

flockofseagulls104

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:10 am

wbtravis007 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:41 am

TRAVIS:Ok. I’ll admit it.

---------------------

ME:

---------------------------
TRAVIS:

Good grief.
----------------
ME:
------------------
TRAVIS:
I knew you’d never answer my question about what your “compromise” (your word) would be; i.e., under what circumstances you’d consider it to be appropriate for a baby (your characterization) to be killed.

Anyway, I appreciate your good wishes. Maybe you’re a little more mature than I had thought.
I was willing to explore my thoughts and convictions in a debate, rather than just throw barbs and links at each other. Maybe I would learn more about myself and learn things from a different perspective. But that seems to be beyond the scope of this bored. We seem to be happy just yelling at each other and telling the other guy how stupid they are.

Edited to make it more followable.