Thoughts and prayers to Lewiston ME

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Weyoun

Thoughts and prayers to Lewiston ME

#1 Post by Weyoun » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:48 pm

Horrible tragedy unfolding there. But the most important thing is, we have to remember that people should be able to have access to guns, at any time, any place. Freedom is very important, even if you’re too dead to have it.

silverscreenselect

Re: Thoughts and prayers to Lewiston ME

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:42 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:48 pm
Horrible tragedy unfolding there. But the most important thing is, we have to remember that people should be able to have access to guns, at any time, any place. Freedom is very important, even if you’re too dead to have it.
The shootings took place at a restaurant/bar and a bowling alley. Both must have been fairly crowded based on the number of casualties. Maine has no laws prohibiting carrying of guns in such locations, no concealed carry permit requirement, no regulations on open carry, no bans on assault weapons or high-capacity magazines, and no background check requirements.

Given those laws, I'd be willing to bet that some of the patrons and/or employees in those establishments were armed. Didn't do them much good.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:43 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:42 pm
Weyoun wrote:
The shootings took place at a restaurant/bar and a bowling alley. Both must have been fairly crowded based on the number of casualties. Maine has no laws prohibiting carrying of guns in such locations, no concealed carry permit requirement, no regulations on open carry, no bans on assault weapons or high-capacity magazines, and no background check requirements.

Given those laws, I'd be willing to bet that some of the patrons and/or employees in those establishments were armed. Didn't do them much good.
One of the locations is a bar, so likely illegal to carry weapons there. The other could have a sinage banning weapons (it is a family recreation center). In those cases, lawful gun owners would not have the legal right to carry in those locations. Most if not all would abide.

If only they had laws prohibiting shooting innocent people, or even enhanced prosecution, such as for hate crimes, for shooting people you don't know.

Looks like the shooting is former military, a trained firearms trainer, was committed to a mental health facility for two weeks over the summer before he was released.and...."recently reported mental health issues, including "hearing voices and threats to shoot up the National Guard Base in Saco, ME."" No indication on who or where he reported that to or if that was before or after his mental health treatment.

My guess is he would have had the firearms, or access to them, regardless of any restrictive laws Weyon on you would seem fit to further restrict gun ownership. But of course, that doesn't matter at all to you or him.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

jarnon

#4 Post by jarnon » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:42 am

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:43 am
My guess is he would have had the firearms, or access to them, regardless of any restrictive laws Weyon on you would seem fit to further restrict gun ownership. But of course, that doesn't matter at all to you or him.
A "red flag" law could have allowed a court to confiscate his guns. A ban on assault weapons would have reduced the carnage, and given armed (or courageous unarmed) patrons the opportunity to fight back. It also reduces danger to law enforcement when they confront a criminal. Most Americans, including gun owners, think those laws are reasonable and consistent with the Second Amendment.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Weyoun

#5 Post by Weyoun » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:53 am

BackInTex wrote:
Weyoun wrote:

One of the locations is a bar, so likely illegal to carry weapons there. The other could have a sinage banning weapons (it is a family recreation center). In those cases, lawful gun owners would not have the legal right to carry in those locations. Most if not all would abide.

If only they had laws prohibiting shooting innocent people, or even enhanced prosecution, such as for hate crimes, for shooting people you don't know.

Looks like the shooting is former military, a trained firearms trainer, was committed to a mental health facility for two weeks over the summer before he was released.and...."recently reported mental health issues, including "hearing voices and threats to shoot up the National Guard Base in Saco, ME."" No indication on who or where he reported that to or if that was before or after his mental health treatment.

Self fulfilling prophecy. Monsters like you allow for guns to spread all over the place, so then you say, but those are guns everywhere, so there’s nothing that we can do to stop these tragedies.

Yesterday’s episode, given that at happened at two locations, shows that you can’t expect some random dude to have a gun nearby and stop it.

And I’m amused that you think that people who go to bars, don’t have guns either on them or near them.

But then I regularly see what happens due to gun violence, and you live in your cocoon.

As regularly reiterated, apparently, this is the only place where this has to happen. And the only reason it happens is because of monsters like you vote for it to happen that way.

Weyoun

#6 Post by Weyoun » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:55 am

jarnon wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:42 am
BackInTex wrote:
A "red flag" law could have allowed a court to confiscate his guns. A ban on assault weapons would have reduced the carnage, and given armed (or courageous unarmed) patrons the opportunity to fight back. It also reduces danger to law enforcement when they confront a criminal. Most Americans, including gun owners, think those laws are reasonable and consistent with the Second Amendment.
And that’s what drives me crazy. None of this is out of line. Voters would vote for what you just said if presented as a referendum. And it would still allow people to have guns!!!!

tlynn78

#7 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:12 am

I wondered why "thoughts and prayers" needed to be in the Lounge. Then I realized oh, it's you.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Weyoun

#8 Post by Weyoun » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:32 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:12 am
I wondered why "thoughts and prayers" needed to be in the Lounge. Then I realized oh, it's you.
More precisely, another needless gun massacre. But, more importantly, thanks to our lack of gun laws, Joe Biden will never come to your home and at gunpoint force you to switch to an electric stove. So things are looking up

silverscreenselect

#9 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:49 am

BackInTex wrote:
Weyoun wrote:

Before I posted, I looked up Maine gun laws. My statements are accurate. There are no red flag laws or regulations on open carry or concealed carry permit requirements or prohibitions against guns in most public places including bars.This guy's mental health history and history of documented threats would have flagged him in a state with sensible gun laws. Instead, he was allowed to arm himself to the teeth and go on a rampage.

tlynn78

#10 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:59 am

Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:49 am
BackInTex wrote:

Before I posted, I looked up Maine gun laws. My statements are accurate. There are no red flag laws or regulations on open carry or concealed carry permit requirements or prohibitions against guns in most public places including bars.This guy's mental health history and history of documented threats would have flagged him in a state with sensible gun laws. Instead, he was allowed to arm himself to the teeth and go on a rampage.
Weird that the dem majority in Maine's legislature didn't enact some sensible gun laws.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#11 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:13 pm

Weyoun wrote:
https://worldpopulationreview.com/count ... by-country
Well, then

Spock

#12 Post by Spock » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:03 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Oh Gee, big surprise-Weyoun brings up a shooting that fits his narrative, yet countless shootings that exponentially dwarf shootings like this one in places like Chicago, Baltimore Philly etc pass unnoticed and unremarked by Weyoun and his ilk.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#13 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:26 pm

Spock wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:03 pm
Weyoun wrote:
Oh Gee, big surprise-Weyoun brings up a shooting that fits his narrative, yet countless shootings that exponentially dwarf shootings like this one in places like Chicago, Baltimore Philly etc pass unnoticed and unremarked by Weyoun and his ilk.
Actually, good point. Where are his posts when patients come to him shot? Or dead people in Chicago or any other city shot down? Don't understand
Well, then

tlynn78

#14 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:15 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:26 pm
Spock wrote:
Weyoun wrote:
Actually, good point. Where are his posts when patients come to him shot? Or dead people in Chicago or any other city shot down? Don't understand
It's all about the VSQ (virtue signal quotient) for some.

silverscreenselect

#15 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:01 pm

Spock wrote:
Weyoun wrote:
Your comments might be more convincing if anyone on this Bored thought you cared the slightest bit about shooting victims in Chicago or Philly or Pittsburgh (where Weyoun practices). Instead you just use this as a useful crutch to deflect criticism whenever someone suggests we do something about the mass shooting events like this one.

I have a feeling that Weyoun cares a lot more about the shooting victims who come through his ER than you do, just like he cared more about the Covid victims than you did.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#16 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:21 pm

Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:01 pm
Spock wrote:
Weyoun wrote:
Your comments might be more convincing if anyone on this Bored thought you cared the slightest bit about shooting victims in Chicago or Philly or Pittsburgh (where Weyoun practices). Instead you just use this as a useful crutch to deflect criticism whenever someone suggests we do something about the mass shooting events like this one.

I have a feeling that Weyoun cares a lot more about the shooting victims who come through his ER than you do, just like he cared more about the Covid victims than you did.
Didn't address the question and assuming he cares more about dead people is bullshit. That's a monstrous thing to say, and he and you need to grow the fuck up. Hey, I guess Ima monster, too. Fuck you again. No apologies about cussing.
Well, then

tlynn78

#17 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:25 pm

Spock wrote:
Weyoun wrote:

The only ones using dead people as a crutch are you sanctimonious pricks.

Weyoun

#18 Post by Weyoun » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:51 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:59 am
Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:49 am
BackInTex wrote:

Weird that the dem majority in Maine's legislature didn't enact some sensible gun laws.
Thanks for implicitly admitting that the Democrats are the only ones who would do anything about this.

But I think this shows how small minded you are. Immediately you think it’s a Democrat or Republican issue. As has been noted before, I am lifelong Republican who thinks very sensible gun control regulations are completely constitutionally appropriate.

Either way, I suspect a phenomenon just like what is going on in Pennsylvania is happening there there - with so many rural voters, gun control is completely off the table. To get my own gun permit, it required $20 and a drivers license. Not really tightly regulated
Last edited by Weyoun on Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Weyoun

#19 Post by Weyoun » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:52 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:25 pm
Spock wrote:

The only ones using dead people as a crutch are you sanctimonious pricks.
I don’t think anyone is using them as a crutch. I think they are the entire argument. A bunch of people die and it’s preventable, so isn’t it fair to ask what can be discussed to prevent those deaths? Oh, wait, if you mention these deaths, you’re immediately politicizing, and that can’t happen!

So we never talk about it, and nothing ever happens. How convenient for you

Weyoun

#20 Post by Weyoun » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:54 pm

:x
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:21 pm
Spock wrote:

Didn't address the question and assuming he cares more about dead people is bullshit. That's a monstrous thing to say, and he and you need to grow the fuck up. Hey, I guess Ima monster, too. Fuck you again. No apologies about cussing.
Shit for mouth means shit for brains

Weyoun

#21 Post by Weyoun » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:57 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:26 pm
Spock wrote:
Weyoun wrote:
What does that mean even? Would you like me to live blog that stuff?

I’ve mentioned all the gun tragedies I’ve seen firsthand before. Have you ever seen a kid shot in the chest? I have. Do you really want me to dwell on that here? I personally don’t.

I’ve seen way too many gun deaths, while you’re candy ass moralizing acts like it’s all beneath you.

And were you too stupid to think that what I’ve seen in person wouldn’t influence my opinion? Of course it would.

The same measures that would prevent gun massacres would help prevent these individual deaths. So I don’t really see your point.
Last edited by Weyoun on Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Weyoun

#22 Post by Weyoun » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:00 pm

Spock wrote:
Weyoun wrote:
Not true at all. In fact, every time one of these things happen, I mentioned a gun massacre, and you act like I don’t care about Black people dying.

Then I mentioned what I’ve seen before, and you don’t have a response. Rinse and repeat.

The other factor is, I know that mentioning Black people getting shot might give you in particular a hard on, and I thought I should save you the embarrassment.

tlynn78

#23 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:10 pm

Aww, Beebs, now you've triggered the other sanctimonious prick. Not sure how I'm going to get his spittle off the inside of my computer screen...

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#24 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:40 pm

Do you disagree that most of these mass shootings, other than some terrorist event, are caused by mentally ill people?
This Politifact thing is old, but there are many conflicting sites, as well as definitions of mass shootings and what is legal or illegal gun ownership. Varies by state.
I agree if more certain restrictions are instituted or actual laws are enforced that may help curb stuff. Won't curb 40 % who shot with illegal firearms
who are in prison.

Tell me how to get crazy people, domestic violence, and gangs to ratchet themselves down. Oh, and drug deals and such.
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... me-rep-fa/
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#25 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:04 pm

Also, Weyoun, I applaud you for your work. It must be devastating at times. I would just hope your disdain for lawful gun owners, and we don't have any btw, doesn't extend to your patients.
Well, then