Mozambique in the New National Geographic

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Spock

Mozambique in the New National Geographic

#1 Post by Spock » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:44 pm

Posted here because of the hunting tie-in

Was interested to see an article on the huge Niassa Conservation Reserve in northern Mozambique. Unfortunately, it is behind a paywall-but I am sure that many of us still get the magazine.

The area is noted for huge granite outcroppings called inselbergs. Here is a picture of this landscape feature.

https://photos.willbl.com/african-inselberg/

That area became a bucket list trip for me during this last trip to Africa. The safari company has a concession that is either in/or adjacent to this reserve.

During our tour of Kruger National Park we saw a lot of Dagga Boys (old cape buffalo bulls that have left the herds) laying on the sand of the dried up river beds.

I now dream of stalking Dagga Boys on the sand rivers of Africa. They said they could fill that bill on their Mozambique concession.

Stalking the sand rivers is a recipe for adventure as lions like to watch them to see what comes along.

Possibly 3 years from now-An incentive to get in shape.

tlynn78

Re: Mozambique in the New National Geographic

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:45 am

Spock wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:44 pm
Posted here because of the hunting tie-in

Was interested to see an article on the huge Niassa Conservation Reserve in northern Mozambique. Unfortunately, it is behind a paywall-but I am sure that many of us still get the magazine.

The area is noted for huge granite outcroppings called inselbergs. Here is a picture of this landscape feature.

https://photos.willbl.com/african-inselberg/

That area became a bucket list trip for me during this last trip to Africa. The safari company has a concession that is either in/or adjacent to this reserve.

During our tour of Kruger National Park we saw a lot of Dagga Boys (old cape buffalo bulls that have left the herds) laying on the sand of the dried up river beds.

I now dream of stalking Dagga Boys on the sand rivers of Africa. They said they could fill that bill on their Mozambique concession.

Stalking the sand rivers is a recipe for adventure as lions like to watch them to see what comes along.

Possibly 3 years from now-An incentive to get in shape.

Yes, you'll want to, at the very minimum, be able to run faster than at least a few of your fellow hunters.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire