The Senility List

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
silverscreenselect

Re: The Senility List

#51 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:48 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:34 am
So how do you explain the fact that Hillary, who was never president as well, physically destroyed classified material and was never indicted? Since when does 'frame of mind' come into play when a law has been violated? It's OK to have classified material in your possession that you aren't supposed to have if you didn't mean to, or you are mentally incompetant? It seems to be a major factor, except it's not frame of mind, it's political leaning.

No amount of verbal gymnastics can disguise the fact that this is all political. There is a two-tiered justice system and it's completely obvious. If you are on the 'right' side of the political aisle, you can break laws with impunity, but never suffer any consequences. If you are a threat to that side of the aisle, you will be subjected to any and every legal consequence that can be thought up.
James Comey said that there wasn't enough evidence that Hillary intended to violate laws and that "no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case." Robert Hur, a Republican US attorney who gave Trump plenty of ammunition with his statements about Joe Biden's mental state, also found that there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute.

Odd that you're willing to accept Hur's statements about Biden's mental condition, which aren't relevant to his decision not to prosecute, and discount the rest of the report.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#52 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:54 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:48 am
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:34 am
So how do you explain the fact that Hillary, who was never president as well, physically destroyed classified material and was never indicted? Since when does 'frame of mind' come into play when a law has been violated? It's OK to have classified material in your possession that you aren't supposed to have if you didn't mean to, or you are mentally incompetant? It seems to be a major factor, except it's not frame of mind, it's political leaning.

No amount of verbal gymnastics can disguise the fact that this is all political. There is a two-tiered justice system and it's completely obvious. If you are on the 'right' side of the political aisle, you can break laws with impunity, but never suffer any consequences. If you are a threat to that side of the aisle, you will be subjected to any and every legal consequence that can be thought up.
James Comey said that there wasn't enough evidence that Hillary intended to violate laws and that "no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case." Robert Hur, a Republican US attorney who gave Trump plenty of ammunition with his statements about Joe Biden's mental state, also found that there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute.

Odd that you're willing to accept Hur's statements about Biden's mental condition, which aren't relevant to his decision not to prosecute, and discount the rest of the report.
If I am pulled over for speeding, and I was speeding, my intention is moot. If I don't pay my taxes, whether I intended to or not is moot. I still will pay a penalty.
Hur's statements were indeed relevant in his decision not to prosecute. Otherwise, he would not have stated them.
The operative words are 'reasonable prosecutor'. How do you define 'reasonable'? Is there a specific legal definition you are going by? How is it that some lawbreakers seem to get more 'reasonable' prosecutors than others?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#53 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:45 pm

Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:54 am
If I am pulled over for speeding, and I was speeding, my intention is moot. If I don't pay my taxes, whether I intended to or not is moot. I still will pay a penalty.
Unlike speeding, there are many, many crimes for which intent is an essential element of the crime. The classified documents law states:
Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location
The statute requires both knowledge and intent. In both Hillary's case and Biden's case, the investigator found that there was insufficient evidence of intent.

Don't argue legal definitions with lawyers. You will come across as even more of an ignoramus than you are.

wbtravis007

#54 Post by wbtravis007 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:26 pm

Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:45 pm
Unlike speeding, there are many, many crimes for which intent is an essential element of the crime. The classified documents law states:
Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location
The statute requires both knowledge and intent. In both Hillary's case and Biden's case, the investigator found that there was insufficient evidence of intent.

Don't argue legal definitions with lawyers. You will come across as even more of an ignoramus than you are.
Some people tend to spout off a lot about things that they know nothing about, without having any idea at all about what they don’t know.

tlynn78

#55 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:27 pm

Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:42 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:21 am
They were "discovered" in 2017, and he wasn't entitled to have them, at all. Christ, the mental gymnastic you guys have to do must be exhausting.
As I noted in my last response, the only evidence that Biden had these documents in 2017 was a statement to his ghostwriter that he had "just found classified material downstairs." The special counsel infers what documents Biden was talking about, but there is no corroborating evidence that these documents were in Biden's possession before the search his own attorneys made in 2023.
The only evidence that hasso far come to light. I'm sure y'all would be fine if Trump's lawyers had gone through the classified documents before deciding what and when to reveal them, right?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

tlynn78

#56 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:28 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:26 pm

Some people tend to spout off a lot about things that they know nothing about, without having any idea at all about what they don’t know.
That's for damn sure. Especially lawyers.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#57 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:39 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:27 pm
The only evidence that hasso far come to light. I'm sure y'all would be fine if Trump's lawyers had gone through the classified documents before deciding what and when to reveal them, right?
Quoting again from Hur's report:
Another viable defense is that Mr. Biden might not have retained the classified Afghanistan documents in his Virginia home at all. We searched for such additional evidence and found it wanting. In particular, no witness, photo, e­mail, text message, or any other evidence conclusively places the Afghanistan documents at the Virginia home in 2017.
No corroborating evidence at all. That's after a 13-month investigation. Of course, it's always possible that some day, someone may reveal a smoking gun, but a year+ long investigation couldn't find anything. And that's from a Republican special counsel who felt it was his duty to make comments about Biden's mental state.

wbtravis007

#58 Post by wbtravis007 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:14 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:28 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:26 pm

That's for damn sure. Especially lawyers.
Yeah. Some, for sure.

But not all.

Just like there are some clerks who aren’t mister or miss know-it-alls as well.

silverscreenselect

#59 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:37 am

Trump bizarrely claims 'they' will change the name of the state of Pennsylvania if he loses it
Former President Donald Trump bizarrely claimed that if he loses Pennsylvania, “they” will change the state's name. Trump made the claim in a speech to thousands of members of the National Rifle Association (NRA) in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania on Friday night.

“We have to win in November, or we’re not going to have Pennsylvania. They’ll change the name. They’re going to change the name of Pennsylvania,” Trump said. "No, we are going to have to win. You’re not going to have a country anymore, you’re not going to have a state anymore, you’re not going to have anything,” Trump concluded.
For what it's worth, this may be the last opportunity Trump has to address the NRA, since the organization may be folding its tents after the conclusion of its current corruption lawsuit in New York.

silverscreenselect

#60 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:32 am

Donald Trump 2/11/24 wrote:I signed and was responsible for the Music Modernization Act for Taylor Swift and all other Musical Artists. Joe Biden didn’t do anything for Taylor, and never will. There’s no way she could endorse Crooked Joe Biden… and be disloyal to the man who made her so much money…

tlynn78

#61 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:01 am

Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:32 am
Donald Trump 2/11/24 wrote:I signed and was responsible for the Music Modernization Act for Taylor Swift and all other Musical Artists. Joe Biden didn’t do anything for Taylor, and never will. There’s no way she could endorse Crooked Joe Biden… and be disloyal to the man who made her so much money…
Well, she does have an exemplary record for picking the right guy...

flockofseagulls104

#62 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:59 pm

I think I saw bobby wants Taylor Swift to run for President. Why not? She's got all the qualifications to be a democrat president.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

tlynn78

#63 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:02 pm

Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:59 pm
I think I saw bobby wants Taylor Swift to run for President. Why not? She's got all the qualifications to be a democrat president.
For reals.