Let it speak for itself

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
flockofseagulls104

Re: Let it speak for itself

#326 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:22 am

I knew it was a mistake to get on twitter. Yes, I see the salute. I was wrong. I was had.
I hate that this is the way people get their 'news' now. We don't get news. We get propaganda from both sides. It's disgusting.
I will more strictly rely on issues I have independently verified for myself.
I suggest that maybe you can admit this, too.

Maybe, just maybe, you could watch Trump's speech to Turning Point yesterday and listen to what he says, instead of what your 'experts' tell you he said. Maybe you'd learn something.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton... gullible idiot... a coward who can't face facts... insufferable and obnoxious dumbass

silverscreenselect

#327 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:06 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:22 am
I knew it was a mistake to get on twitter. Yes, I see the salute. I was wrong. I was had.
I hate that this is the way people get their 'news' now. We don't get news. We get propaganda from both sides. It's disgusting.
I will more strictly rely on issues I have independently verified for myself.
I suggest that maybe you can admit this, too.

Maybe, just maybe, you could watch Trump's speech to Turning Point yesterday and listen to what he says, instead of what your 'experts' tell you he said. Maybe you'd learn something.
Flock, I appreciate your comments. I do try to verify whatever I saw and not rely on social media memes. And I will be more proactive in admitting when I am wrong.

Trump's speech is an hour and a half. I'll listen to at least some of it when I can.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#328 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:58 pm

Well, saw this on twitter. I don't think this is a meme. I think it speaks for itself.

Want more of this? Vote for biden.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton... gullible idiot... a coward who can't face facts... insufferable and obnoxious dumbass

silverscreenselect

#329 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:08 pm

Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:58 pm
Well, saw this on twitter. I don't think this is a meme. I think it speaks for itself.

Wow. A couple of dozen idiots spray paint a statute and shout obscenities at a cop. Our society is completely breaking down. Let's compare with what we got when Trump was elected:

flockofseagulls104

#330 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:25 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:08 pm

Wow. A couple of dozen idiots spray paint a statute and shout obscenities at a cop. Our society is completely breaking down. Let's compare with what we got when Trump was elected:

And just what the heck is that? And it is evidence of what, pray tell?

No response, though, to what you just saw. Par for the course.

silverscreenselect

#331 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:12 pm

Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:25 pm
Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:08 pm

And just what the heck is that? And it is evidence of what, pray tell?

No response, though, to what you just saw. Par for the course.
That was a picture of the January 6 insurrectionists beating up on a capitol cop. I've got lots more of those and of the neo-Nazis at the Charlottesville rally. All during the Trump administration.

What I just saw in the video was a couple of dozen idiots vandalizing a statue and tossing garbage at a cop. Not a pleasant sight, but if that's the worst thing that happens in the next four years under Biden, the next four years will be a marked improvement over what we saw on January 6 or in Charlottesville.

flockofseagulls104

#332 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:42 pm

There were NO ARRESTS

Of course not.

I posted video of the current event showing the vandalism taking place. You show me one photo that proves nothing. Another propaganda meme.
I can show you video of the unarmed Ashley Babbit being shot to death by an officer who faced no accountability. Got any of any J6 protester using deadly force on anyone else? Our VP was posting bail for those few arrested in BLM riots, and they are still arresting people who happened to be at the Capitol on J6, including one woman who claims she went into the Capitol with police permission to use a bathroom and then left.

The hypocrisy and double standards are there for anyone with a clear mind to see.
That is all for me on this subject. You want to ignore and justify the behavior of these ignorant punks, be my guest. I'll let it speak for itself, and you are obviously speaking for yourself.

silverscreenselect

#333 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:48 pm

Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:42 pm
I posted video of the current event showing the vandalism taking place.
So you're upset that a group of graffiti artists didn't get arrested, while people who beat on dozens of capitol police and stormed the Capitol did.

Here's some news. There will be graffiti artists in 2025, no matter who gets elected.

flockofseagulls104

#334 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:04 pm

I am so tired of this. Nothing ever gets through to you. You see a completely indefensible act right before your eyes. And instead of recognizing it and condemning it for what it is, you feel you need to reinforce a narrative that was not in discussion, and that has already been hashed out to the max. I will NEVER agree with you that J6 was an 'insurrection' and that Trump had anything to do with what happened there. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR PIN HEAD.

That tactic is now off limits, and if you use that as an argument, it will be ignored and recognized as DEFLECTION, which it what it is.

silverscreenselect

#335 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:57 pm

Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:04 pm
You see a completely indefensible act right before your eyes.
I never tried to defend it. On the other hand, I never tried to make it a major crime either. It's vandalism, a petty misdemeanor, committed by a bunch of immature idiots (as is the vast majority of similar crimes). If you ever take a look around downtown Atlanta or any other big city, you'll see a lot of it. If there had been more than one policeman there they might have made some arrests. Nobody is trying to excuse it, but nobody is viewing this as signs of impending anarchy under a second Biden administration.

flockofseagulls104

#336 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:26 am

Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:57 pm
Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:04 pm
You see a completely indefensible act right before your eyes.
I never tried to defend it. On the other hand, I never tried to make it a major crime either. It's vandalism, a petty misdemeanor, committed by a bunch of immature idiots (as is the vast majority of similar crimes). If you ever take a look around downtown Atlanta or any other big city, you'll see a lot of it. If there had been more than one policeman there they might have made some arrests. Nobody is trying to excuse it, but nobody is viewing this as signs of impending anarchy under a second Biden administration.
Oh, no problem here. Hundreds, if not thousands, of anti-semetic jew haters deliberately vandalizing public property and throwing shit at the police. None of the other immature idiots there thought to even ask them to stop it. Just another relatively peaceful protest. Apparently from reports I've seen (I don't know, I didn't see it myself) BUSSED IN. But we need their votes, so let 'em continue and let them blow off some steam. We need their votes, so we'll throw them some bones. Just some confused kids. Right, trollboy? Let them go, don't mess with them. Might lose a few votes.

Last month it was just some dumb kids at Columbia, and you told us it was just a local fad. But ignore that, here's a picture from J6.

When are you going to wake up?

silverscreenselect

#337 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:49 am

Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:26 am
Oh, no problem here. Hundreds, if not thousands, of anti-semetic jew haters deliberately vandalizing public property and throwing shit at the police.
Your counting abilities seem to be off the same way that you overestimate the size of the crowds at Trump rallies. There were not "hundreds, if not thousands" of protestors. There were less than 50 people there, a few of them clearly labeled as press, snapping pictures to see what happened. Most were the sort of people who would gather for a few minutes at anything interesting happening at a public park to see what's going on. You'd see more people gathering if a juggler were performing. I heard at least one onlooker say to the cop, "don't antagonize them, we're on your side." There were probably about a dozen people doing any chanting, let alone throwing trash or spray painting. Again, I'm not condoning what they did. But your attempts to turn this into some huge anarchic anti-semitic protest is ridiculous. If you want to see a large anti-semitic protest, here's a picture of some very fine people in Charlottesvile:

flockofseagulls104

#338 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:14 am

Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:49 am
Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:26 am
Oh, no problem here. Hundreds, if not thousands, of anti-semetic jew haters deliberately vandalizing public property and throwing shit at the police.
Your counting abilities seem to be off the same way that you overestimate the size of the crowds at Trump rallies. There were not "hundreds, if not thousands" of protestors. There were less than 50 people there, a few of them clearly labeled as press, snapping pictures to see what happened. Most were the sort of people who would gather for a few minutes at anything interesting happening at a public park to see what's going on. You'd see more people gathering if a juggler were performing. I heard at least one onlooker say to the cop, "don't antagonize them, we're on your side." There were probably about a dozen people doing any chanting, let alone throwing trash or spray painting. Again, I'm not condoning what they did. But your attempts to turn this into some huge anarchic anti-semitic protest is ridiculous. If you want to see a large anti-semitic protest, here's a picture of some very fine people in Charlottesvile:

That's another complete propaganda lie that you hang on to. You know it's a lie and you know it had nothing to do with Trump, but you persist. I've already answered this. I ain't going to go back to it. Address the issue in question. The part of your party that has embraced terrorism. DEFLECTION.

silverscreenselect

#339 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:42 am

Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:14 am
Address the issue in question. The part of your party that has embraced terrorism. DEFLECTION.
The issue at question is that a couple of dozen idiots vandalized a statue while a slightly larger group of bored parkgoers looked on. The number of press people, including whoever took the video you linked to, were obviously called in by the protestors in the hopes they could record a violent overreaction by police. When that didn't happen, the entire event became a fizzle that a cleaning crew would mop up the next day.

Yet you want to put this display, which is more of an embarrassment for the actual protestors than anything else, into signs of a coming anarchic apocalypse under a second Biden administration. The policeman on duty was smart enough to avoid any sort of overreaction that could lead to claims of police brutality against "peaceful protestors." And the event fizzled out. Were the protestors wrong? Yes. Could they have been arrested? Yes. Did they make themselves look like impotent idiots who were unable to get more than a handful of supporters for their cause? Yes. Did gullible idiots like you make asinine claims wildly overinflating the size and impact of the protest? Yes. Yes. Yes.

flockofseagulls104

#340 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:17 am

Here's a report from NBC

I don't offer this as any kind of proof. I wasn't there. But it is a report from your side of the propaganda fence. They say THOUSANDS, not me. They say they were BUSSED IN, not me. The article interviewed one of these thugs, and by doing so, highlighted the idea that these thugs will not be voting for biden. They won't be voting for Trump either, but they wouldn't have regardless. A problem for biden, which to me, and to many others, explains why the biden admin is interfering with Israel's war on Hamas.

Just a month ago, you were claiming that this was limited to a couple of universities and it would fizzle out. Seems like it's growing, don't you think? Whoops. My mistake. You don't.

silverscreenselect

#341 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:52 am

Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:17 am
Here's a report from NBC

I don't offer this as any kind of proof. I wasn't there. But it is a report from your side of the propaganda fence. They say THOUSANDS, not me. They say they were BUSSED IN, not me.
I stand partly corrected. There was a protest that drew hundreds (not thousands) of people. They obviously had permits because they put up grandstands in the park with loudspeakers for speeches. This took weeks to organize. According to the group's website, they had busses from 35 cities from as far away as Chicago and Tampa. And despite all this, they only had a few hundred people in attendance. And as the video showed, only a handful engaged in any criminal activity, e.g. petty vandalism.

There was an earlier pro-Palestine rally in Washington on May 18. Thousands were expected; 400 showed up. Compare that to the size of crowds for events like the I have a dream 1963 rally, the women's march on Washington, and the various anti-Vietnam war protests, (not to mention the January 6 protest) and you'll see that this is nothing out of the ordinary for DC, where they have marches and protests every week for some cause or other.

You'd have a lot more than 400 people coming into DC for a Taylor Swift concert or a big college football game.

flockofseagulls104

#342 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:02 pm

Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:52 am
Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:17 am
Here's a report from NBC

I don't offer this as any kind of proof. I wasn't there. But it is a report from your side of the propaganda fence. They say THOUSANDS, not me. They say they were BUSSED IN, not me.
I stand partly corrected. There was a protest that drew hundreds (not thousands) of people. They obviously had permits because they put up grandstands in the park with loudspeakers for speeches. This took weeks to organize. According to the group's website, they had busses from 35 cities from as far away as Chicago and Tampa. And despite all this, they only had a few hundred people in attendance. And as the video showed, only a handful engaged in any criminal activity, e.g. petty vandalism.

There was an earlier pro-Palestine rally in Washington on May 18. Thousands were expected; 400 showed up. Compare that to the size of crowds for events like the I have a dream 1963 rally, the women's march on Washington, and the various anti-Vietnam war protests, (not to mention the January 6 protest) and you'll see that this is nothing out of the ordinary for DC, where they have marches and protests every week for some cause or other.

You'd have a lot more than 400 people coming into DC for a Taylor Swift concert or a big college football game.
I assume your crowd size estimator was booby the above-average lawyer. And I am so reassured that you have dismissed the incidents as petty vandalism so you could ignore the fact of the overall purpose of the incidents: Support of anti Jewish terrorism by leftist Americans.

I have already told you my view of J6, Charlottesville and many other issues that we have already discussed ad nauseum on this bored. When a new issue comes up, you go back to those issues like they have never been discussed before. I have no interest in rehashing old arguments unless something new comes up. You seem to have an 'episodic' view. I have already told you what I think about these issues, and your bringing them up again changes nothing. Nothing that happened before is retained in your memory, and you bring these narratives up when you have no answer for the current issue, like you have never heard any response to them before.

Why are there so many people who were once loyal to your party now supporting inhuman terrorists?

silverscreenselect

#343 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:07 pm

Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:02 pm
you bring these narratives up when you have no answer for the current issue, like you have never heard any response to them before.

Why are there so many people who were once loyal to your party now supporting inhuman terrorists?
I have answers, but you have repeatedly chosen to ignore what I and the other liberals on this Bored have said since October 8.

1) Protesting the Israeli government's treatment of the Palestinian civilians is not the same as supporting "inhuman terrorists." Many people in Israel have been protesting as well.

2) The amount of vandalism that went on during this protest was minor. It was wrong, but it's not like widespread arson, looting, and property destruction that's gone on at other events.

3) An event that the organizers had a month to plan, arranged busses from 35 cities as far away as Chicago and Tampa, and widely promoted to news outlets and in left wing social media drew a few hundred people. If anything, that shows how minuscule in absolute numbers these protestors are. And, by the way, many of them expressly said that they did not support Hamas.

4) You have your own prearranged narrative, which in some ways dovetails with the protestors' narrative in vastly overstating their numbers, and you don't want the facts to get in the way of that.

Is that specific enough for you?

flockofseagulls104

#344 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:32 pm

I have answers, but you have repeatedly chosen to ignore what I and the other liberals on this Bored have said since October 8.
I have stated my views clearly and concisely. Sorry that you don't remember.
1) Protesting the Israeli government's treatment of the Palestinian civilians is not the same as supporting "inhuman terrorists." Many people in Israel have been protesting as well.
Have you read some of the 'minor vandalism' written?
2) The amount of vandalism that went on during this protest was minor. It was wrong, but it's not like widespread arson, looting, and property destruction that's gone on at other events.
I guess destroying and desecrating public monuments is a 'mostly peaceful protest' in your eyes. I guess just protesting and promoting their viewpoints just ain't enough these days. Maybe they should stick to sitting down on major highways and taking over universities.
3) An event that the organizers had a month to plan, arranged busses from 35 cities as far away as Chicago and Tampa, and widely promoted to news outlets and in left wing social media drew a few hundred people. If anything, that shows how minuscule in absolute numbers these protestors are. And, by the way, many of them expressly said that they did not support Hamas.
Well welcome to the club. You're saying NBC news was wrong in quoting THOUSANDS. I have been saying NBC and the rest of them report fake news for years. And I'm so glad they don't support Hamas. That changes everything for me. Perhaps then they could protest Hamas and demand they release all the hostages and surrender. That would save many civilians' lives, if that is their actual concern. But anti-semitism is apparently more fun for them.
4) You have your own prearranged narrative, which in some ways dovetails with the protestors' narrative in vastly overstating their numbers, and you don't want the facts to get in the way of that.
I am not going to go back and argue with booby's 'crowd estimates'. I have already done that, and I was there, he was not, and he arbitrarily disagreed with official estimates as well. I found this photo that I believe is from that very protest. (not sure, but it was from ABC and captioned as if it was.). Looks like maybe 200 or so people, using booby's technique.
And what, praytell, is my narrative?

Again, I don't know why I bother responding to you. A few days from now you'll be spouting the same garbage and have no idea you have already been responded to and have not refuted anything I have said. And that will be in response to something else you have no answer for.

silverscreenselect

#345 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:46 pm

Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:32 pm
You're saying NBC news was wrong in quoting THOUSANDS.
I'm saying that I looked at several videos of the event. There weren't thousands of people there, only a few hundred. That's the difference between people working off press releases and people actually looking at the footage.

And yes, if several hundred people show up for a protest, and a dozen vandalize a statue, that is a mostly peaceful protest. Perhaps you should look up the definition of the word "mostly" in the dictionary. And graffiti is often vulgar. That still doesn't change the nature of what happened.

So what you have is a heavily publicized, well-organized event that draws a crowd of a few hundred people, over 95% of whom protest peacefully in favor of an ideology you find disgusting, even though many people in Israel are doing the exact same protests and you can't label all of them anti-semites. And the dozen or so who do break the law do so by posting disgusting graffiti on a statue that probably got cleaned up in the next day or two.

What they did was wrong and prosecutable as a petty misdemeanor. So are the people who put up phallic symbol graffiti on buildings in every major city. That's not the mass general anarchy you wish it was to satisfy your notions of a country crumbling into anarchy under Biden. (Under whom, by the way, all types of major crime are down substantially since the Trump years.)

flockofseagulls104

#346 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:01 pm

Yeah, you looked at the footage and applied booby's crowd estimate technique, alright. Hmmm, 57 at the most, give or take a couple.

Words cannot convey how full of shit you are.

silverscreenselect

#347 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:10 am

Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:01 pm
Yeah, you looked at the footage and applied booby's crowd estimate technique, alright. Hmmm, 57 at the most, give or take a couple.

Words cannot convey how full of shit you are.
A very impressive crowd. The only problem is that your photos came from a rally that was held last November 4. If you look at the URL's of your photos, they say:
march-on-washington-palestine-01-ht-jt-231104
Those numbers 231104 mean November 4, 2023, less than a month after the Hamas attack when emotions were considerably higher. There was also a very large pro-Israel protest in DC a couple of weeks later. That event was held at the National Mall. Saturday's much smaller event was held outside the White House. From Wikipedia:
The National March on Washington: Free Palestine was a demonstration held on November 4, 2023, at the National Mall, in Washington, D.C. The event was held in conjunction with similar protests across the United States and internationally. An estimated 100,000 to 300,000 people participated in the march, marking the largest Palestine solidarity protest in U.S. history. The groups had arranged transportation from over twenty-two states, including Texas, Florida, Kentucky and Puerto Rico.
Here's a picture from Saturday. If you look at this URL, it says "2024-06/240608":

Hundreds, not thousands. To quote a distinguished Bored scholar, "words cannot convey how full of shit you are."

flockofseagulls104

#348 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:23 am

Oh dear. My mistake. I get so confused over all the leftist protests of one thing or another.

Here's an article about the one in question.
Since your main point of contention is the number of thugs in this particular 'protest', this article sets it at 9000. But it's Faux news, so I guess they lie.

Luckily, I didn't get it confused with this mostly peaceful protest.

silverscreenselect

#349 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:48 am

Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:23 am
Oh dear. My mistake. I get so confused over all the leftist protests of one thing or another.

Since your main point of contention is the number of thugs in this particular 'protest', this article sets it at 9000. But it's Faux news, so I guess they lie.

It's amazing that the only video they had in support of their claim about 9.000 protestors was the same one you showed at the start of this sub-thread. Instead, you show a picture of a riot from several years ago. To quote a Bored scholar:
When a new issue comes up, you go back to those issues like they have never been discussed before. I have no interest in rehashing old arguments unless something new comes up. You seem to have an 'episodic' view. I have already told you what I think about these issues, and your bringing them up again changes nothing. Nothing that happened before is retained in your memory, and you bring these narratives up when you have no answer for the current issue, like you have never heard any response to them before.

flockofseagulls104

#350 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:56 am

Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:48 am
Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:23 am

It's amazing that the only video they had in support of their claim about 9.000 protestors was the same one you showed at the start of this sub-thread. Instead, you show a picture of a riot from several years ago. To quote a Bored scholar:
When a new issue comes up, you go back to those issues like they have never been discussed before. I have no interest in rehashing old arguments unless something new comes up. You seem to have an 'episodic' view. I have already told you what I think about these issues, and your bringing them up again changes nothing. Nothing that happened before is retained in your memory, and you bring these narratives up when you have no answer for the current issue, like you have never heard any response to them before.
It's my own fault for arguing with an idiot. Here I am arguing about Charlottesville, J6 and crowd size instead of the idea of a large segment of the democrat party in America protesting THEIR president in support of a terrorist organization that hides behind the people it's supposed to represent and propagandizes widely with the cooperation of the media conglomerate after it causes many of them to be killed.