Open season on protesters

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Weyoun

Open season on protesters

#1 Post by Weyoun » Sun May 26, 2024 3:51 pm

A couple of recent news items of note.

First, the state of North Carolina banned the wearing of masks in public. The stated reason my Republican legislators was to stop “woke” protesters such as those who protest for Palestine.

That automatically makes it constitutionally dubious. Even more concerning, they made no carve out for people who wear it for health reasons. I know that Spock in the past has suggested that he views such people as beneath contempt, but they’re certainly entitled to wear masks if they think their health is at stake. You don’t know who in someone’s family has cancer, after all. This probably will run into health discrimination law issues also.

One legislator was quoted as saying that he figured police officers would be smart enough to figure out who the law applies to and who it should not. As the Scottie Scheffler from last week shows, many cops are blithering idiots, and they dig even when wrong, and their departments protect them, because the blue line is never crossed. So lol!

flockofseagulls104

Re: Open season on protesters

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun May 26, 2024 3:56 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 3:51 pm

First, the state of North Carolina banned the wearing of masks in public. The stated reason my Republican legislators was to stop “woke” protesters such as those who protest for Palestine.

That automatically makes it constitutionally dubious. Even more concerning, they made no carve out for people who wear it for health reasons. I know that Spock in the past has suggested that he views such people as beneath contempt, but they’re certainly entitled to wear masks if they think their health is at stake. You don’t know who in someone’s family has cancer, after all. This probably will run into health discrimination law issues also.

One legislator was quoted as saying that he figured police officers would be smart enough to figure out who the law applies to and who it should not. As the Scottie Scheffler from last week shows, many cops are blithering idiots, and they dig even when wrong, and their departments protect them, because the blue line is never crossed. So lol!
So all woke protesters are worried about being infected by other people in public? Why do they take such chances being in close contact with other protesters and knowing they might have contact with police?

We all know why they cover their faces.

Please have some common sense for once.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton... gullible idiot

Weyoun

#3 Post by Weyoun » Sun May 26, 2024 3:58 pm

The other example involves the murder of veteran Garrett Foster by Daniel Perry.

Perry was just pardoned by Texas governor Greg Abbott. Perry had been convicted for the murder of Foster, as Foster and Perry became involved at a black lives matters protest. Perry, who was in a vehicle, tried to drive around and through the protest. Foster brandished his weapon, but did not raise it. Perry pulled down his window and shot Foster five times, killing him instantly. A jury found him guilty and sentenced him to 25 years.

Abbott, displaying his typical fascist tendency to set aside popular will when it suits him, pardoned Perry. He stated that Perry was allowed to stand his ground. Of course, Perry, in a car, was never in danger. Indeed, he created the situation by trying to drive through the protest.

Perry, incidentally, apparently is a pedophile, as the subsequent investigation showed him sending sexually explicit messages to a teenager, even though he’s a lardo of about age 35. Spock, I know you think I’m fascinated with all these pedophiles, but for some reason, they keep showing up amongst your kind.

Happy Memorial Day! In Texas, pedophiles can kill those who serve our country if those who serve our country are on the wrong side of the governor’s politics

Weyoun

#4 Post by Weyoun » Sun May 26, 2024 3:59 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 3:56 pm
Weyoun wrote:

So all woke protesters are worried about being infected by other people in public? Why do they take such chances being in close contact with other protesters and knowing they might have contact with police?

We all know why they cover their faces.

Please have some common sense for once.
If it was a pro-life protest in California, you would be all about those protecting their faces so they would not face retribution.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Sun May 26, 2024 4:08 pm

"The bill could be reworked to allow for wearing masks for health reasons without any criminal penalties, Republican House Speaker Tim Moore said."

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/ ... rylink=cpy

So it's not a done deal. My question to you, as a doctor, is do you think it's ill-advised for those who are immuno-compromised to attend crowd events such as a protest?
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Sun May 26, 2024 4:19 pm

While I don't agree with everything Abbott does, I'll look up what you posted. Brandishing can be interpreted as fear for life. Pedophilia seems to be on your radar, along with random news items. You on break or day off...
Well, then

Weyoun

#7 Post by Weyoun » Sun May 26, 2024 4:20 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 4:08 pm
"The bill could be reworked to allow for wearing masks for health reasons without any criminal penalties, Republican House Speaker Tim Moore said."

So it's not a done deal. My question to you, as a doctor, is do you think it's ill-advised for those who are immuno-compromised to attend crowd events such as a protest?
I would say it is ill advised. However, people do all sorts of ill advised things with their health that are not illegal.

Anyway, the bill as written specifically goes out of its way to take out the health exception, no doubt in part because Covid truthers think that masks don’t do anything. This would be news to anyone who practices in a sterile surgical field.

Weyoun

#8 Post by Weyoun » Sun May 26, 2024 4:21 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 4:19 pm
While I don't agree with everything Abbott does, I'll look up what you posted. Brandishing can be interpreted as fear for life. Pedophilia seems to be on your radar, along with random news items. You on break or day off...
I actually read about that story in a national news magazine of wide distribution. It was one of the many notable sidenotes to this horrible case.

The good news is, in Texas, you can brandish your weapon - unless of course you’re liberal.

I’m betting that Abbott would’ve nominated the guy to the state Supreme Court if he had gone to an elementary school and shot a few kids.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#9 Post by Beebs52 » Sun May 26, 2024 4:26 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 4:21 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 4:19 pm
I actually read about that story in a national news magazine of wide distribution. It was one of the many notable sidenotes to this horrible case.

The good news is, in Texas, you can brandish your weapon - unless of course you’re liberal.

I’m betting that Abbott would’ve nominated the guy to the state Supreme Court if he had gone to an elementary school and shot a few kids.
To answer both, the bill may be amended.

And in re Texas and Abbott you are so intellectually on point. You gotta insert some weirdass shit. Sweetums.
Well, then

BackInTex

#10 Post by BackInTex » Sun May 26, 2024 4:44 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 4:20 pm
Beebs52 wrote:

I would say it is ill advised. However, people do all sorts of ill advised things with their health that are not illegal.

Anyway, the bill as written specifically goes out of its way to take out the health exception, no doubt in part because Covid truthers think that masks don’t do anything. This would be news to anyone who practices in a sterile surgical field.
Are cloth masks worn in sterile environments to protect the wearer from viruses? This is a specific yes or no question.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Weyoun

#11 Post by Weyoun » Sun May 26, 2024 6:02 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 4:44 pm
Weyoun wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 4:20 pm
Beebs52 wrote:

Are cloth masks worn in sterile environments to protect the wearer from viruses? This is a specific yes or no question.
No. I am sure you think you've made some kind of stunning point.

I was just in the nation's capital, visiting all the sites.

A few people wearing masks. Mostly of the medical grade. Oddly, none of them were burning synagogues.

(Of course, a recent false narrative is that there is a particular danger to Jews from these campus protests. That's not actually happened, though.)

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#12 Post by Beebs52 » Sun May 26, 2024 6:26 pm

Well, then

tlynn78

#13 Post by tlynn78 » Sun May 26, 2024 7:08 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 6:26 pm
Here's one.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbclos ... 9/%3famp=1
There's that
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#14 Post by Beebs52 » Sun May 26, 2024 7:10 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 7:08 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Here's one.
There's that
I know. A minor blip.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#15 Post by Bob78164 » Sun May 26, 2024 9:31 pm

Weyoun wrote:
This is why the Deep South tried something similar back in the 1960s. They wanted to be able to identify (and subsequently target) civil rights protestors and members of the NAACP. The Supreme Court ruled that the right to make anonymous political statements is constitutionally protected. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Weyoun

#16 Post by Weyoun » Sun May 26, 2024 9:32 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 7:10 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 7:08 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Here's one.
There's that
I know. A minor blip.
That settles it. Let’s throw out the constitution and, while we’re at it, get a couple of cancer patients sick.

kroxquo

#17 Post by kroxquo » Mon May 27, 2024 8:36 am

Oh I definitely think we need to crack down on masked protestors

You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

tlynn78

#18 Post by tlynn78 » Mon May 27, 2024 9:23 am

kroxquo wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 8:36 am
Oh I definitely think we need to crack down on masked protestors

Excellent! See? You're coming around! (see what I did there? Same rules for both sides!)
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire