Vladimir Putin Delivers Damning Assessment Of Tucker Carlson Days After Interview

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Bob Juch

Vladimir Putin Delivers Damning Assessment Of Tucker Carlson Days After Interview

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:01 am

HuffPost wrote:Tucker Carlson’s interview last week with Russian President Vladimir Putin was so soft that even Putin thought it was a letdown.

“To be honest, I thought that he would behave aggressively and ask so-called sharp questions,” he said told interviewer Pavel Zarubin, according to a Reuters translation. “I was not just prepared for this; I wanted it because it would give me the opportunity to respond in the same way.”

Carlson, who was let go from Fox News last year, released a two-hour interview with Putin last week in which he barely spoke at times as the Russian leader delivered lengthy monologues. When Carlson did get a word in, Putin frequently dismissed him and continued with his lecture.

Putin noticed that, too. “He tried to interrupt me several times, but still, surprisingly for a Western journalist, he turned out to be patient and listened to my long dialogues, especially those related to history,” Putin said, per a Google translation of a transcript posted on the Kremlin website.

That was a big disappointment for the strongman leader.

“Honestly speaking, I did not fully enjoy that interview,” he said with a laugh, according to a translated clip posted online on an X feed that monitors Putin’s comments.

Carlson, who has admitted to lying on his show, has frequently praised Putin and attacked U.S. support for Ukraine, which Russia invaded nearly two years ago.

When he was still on Fox News last year, Carlson often repeated Russian talking points. He was cited approvingly by Russian state television, which even seemed to offer him a job.

After last week’s interview, Carlson continued his love affair with the Kremlin, praising Moscow as “so much nicer” than any U.S. city.

“It is so much cleaner and safer and prettier aesthetically, its architecture, its food, its service, than any city in the United States,” he said.

Human Rights Watch notes that Putin is in the midst of an “all-out drive to eradicate public dissent in Russia” via laws attacking free speech, activism, independent journalism, and political dissent. The resulting crackdown has led to jail for opposition leaders and critics of the ongoing war in Ukraine.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Weyoun

Re: Vladimir Putin Delivers Damning Assessment Of Tucker Carlson Days After Interview

#2 Post by Weyoun » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:23 am

Carlson is basically the modern day Walter Duranty.

The day before Navalny was murdered, he was in a grocery store in Russia, showing everyone how inexpensive everything was. Ya think?

The idea that Russia, with one of the worst life expectancies in the entire world, despite being a westernized country, should be a model economy is hilarious and stupid. Shame on Elon Musk giving him a platform.

Spock

Re: Vladimir Putin Delivers Damning Assessment Of Tucker Carlson Days After Interview

#3 Post by Spock » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:22 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:23 am

The day before Navalny was murdered, he was in a grocery store in Russia, showing everyone how inexpensive everything was. Ya think?

The idea that Russia, with one of the worst life expectancies in the entire world, despite being a westernized country, should be a model economy is hilarious and stupid. Shame on Elon Musk giving him a platform.
And suddenly, every liberal on the internet is an expert on Walter Duranty-90 years too late.

I wonder if the Pulitzer board will finally revoke Duranty's Pulitzer or, failing that, will the NYT finally return it?

Weyoun

#4 Post by Weyoun » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:36 pm

Spock wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:22 pm
Weyoun wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:23 am

And suddenly, every liberal on the internet is an expert on Walter Duranty-90 years too late.

I wonder if the Pulitzer board will finally revoke Duranty's Pulitzer or, failing that, will the NYT finally return it?
As always, whataboutism and misdirection.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:14 pm

This is all fascinating. Never heard of Durant. Googled, etc. Don't thibk Carlson has the chops to compare...
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:30 pm

Not that I think either are right.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:33 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:14 pm
This is all fascinating. Never heard of Durant. Googled, etc. Don't thibk Carlson has the chops to compare...
There's a very good movie from 2019 called Mr. Jones about a journalist named Gareth Jones in the 1930s who went to the Soviet Union and into Ukraine where he uncovered and was the first Western reporter to report on the Holodomor. At the time, Stalin kept Western journalists, including Duranty, in Moscow, where they got royally wined and dined and given carefully staged photo ops to report on how wonderful life was in the Soviet Union. Duranty actually won a Pulitzer for this type of "reporting." Jones had to sneak out and take a cattle car train into Ukraine to get the story. The movie is based on the true story. (George Orwell of 1984 fame is a minor character.)

The film is available on Starz, Hoopla, and Kanopy currently.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#8 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:32 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:33 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
There's a very good movie from 2019 called Mr. Jones about a journalist named Gareth Jones in the 1930s who went to the Soviet Union and into Ukraine where he uncovered and was the first Western reporter to report on the Holodomor. At the time, Stalin kept Western journalists, including Duranty, in Moscow, where they got royally wined and dined and given carefully staged photo ops to report on how wonderful life was in the Soviet Union. Duranty actually won a Pulitzer for this type of "reporting." Jones had to sneak out and take a cattle car train into Ukraine to get the story. The movie is based on the true story. (George Orwell of 1984 fame is a minor character.)

Yes, Duranty was a reporter for the New York Times. The same New York Times that deliberately hid news about the Holocaust. And the same New York Times that is the chief propaganda venue for the left in our day. The same New York Times that people like trollboy base their worldview upon.

If we don't learn from history, we are bound to relive it.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Weyoun

#9 Post by Weyoun » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:32 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:32 am
silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:33 pm
Beebs52 wrote:

Yes, Duranty was a reporter for the New York Times. The same New York Times that deliberately hid news about the Holocaust. And the same New York Times that is the chief propaganda venue for the left in our day. The same New York Times that people like trollboy base their worldview upon.

If we don't learn from history, we are bound to relive it.
That’s an excellent point. Those people at the New York Times are the exact same people who were there 100 years ago, and is exactly the same entity.

Just like white people today are exactly the same white people in the 1860s who enslaved blacks, and bear the exact same moral culpability and responsibility to make things right.

(Do you have a read your posts out loud before you post them, just to make sure they don’t come off as idiotic? If you don’t, perhaps you should consider it.)

flockofseagulls104

#10 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:36 pm

Just like white people today are exactly the same white people in the 1860s who enslaved blacks, and bear the exact same moral culpability and responsibility to make things right.
Hmm, you have just validated my point for me on another topic, which is one of the main tenets of the current democrat party. Thank you. And you did it without even making any relevant point yourself. Do you read your posts before you send them?

I don't think I have 'idiot' in my signature. Can I extrapolate that?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#11 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:02 pm

Y'all need to get a room. I agree with doc on the comparison, agree with Flock on something or other.
The swamp is rife with powerbrokers and idiots on all sides.
We will be fucked if no one tempers their ideas with common sense and no weird ass shit. Or senility.
Seriously, all grow up.
Don't think it'll happen, but I hope.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#12 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:26 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:02 pm
Y'all need to get a room. I agree with doc on the comparison, agree with Flock on something or other.
We will be fucked if no one tempers their ideas with common sense and no weird ass shit. Or senility.
Seriously, all grow up.
I thought this was the room.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#13 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:34 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:26 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:02 pm
Seriously, all grow up.
I thought this was the room.
All grow up applies to all, including me, not just you two.
But, the repetition...
Well, then