Page 1 of 1

FNGD STARTER

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:38 pm
by etaoin22
STARTER: FRIDAY FEB 13:

Associate the following characteristics in the correct order, as representing Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune in Holst's "The Planets"

1 - Bringer of Old Age
2 - Bringer of Jollity
3 - THe Mystic
4 - The Magician

THere may be a delay,now

Re: FNGD STARTER

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:41 pm
by christie1111
Wow!

This was mentioned on the Bored this week and I didn't look it up. My bad.

4312

Re: FNGD STARTER

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:44 pm
by hermillion
etaoin22 wrote:STARTER: FRIDAY FEB 13:

Associate the following characteristics in the correct order, as representing Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune in Holst's "The Planets"

1 - Bringer of Old Age
2 - Bringer of Jollity
3 - THe Mystic
4 - The Magician

THere may be a delay,now
WAG, all the way . . .

2
4
3
1

Re: FNGD STARTER

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:45 pm
by etaoin22
I am hoping mellytu will be able to come for at least a question or two, so I will post 'em. Problem is, I have compleetely forgot what Q3 was supposed to be... :(

Re: FNGD STARTER

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:48 pm
by hermillion
etaoin22 wrote:Problem is, I have compleetely forgot what Q3 was supposed to be... :(
I love this! Christie, we can tell everybody that we both got Q3 right -- and nobody can prove otherwise!

Re: FNGD STARTER

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:50 pm
by christie1111
hermillion wrote:
etaoin22 wrote:Problem is, I have compleetely forgot what Q3 was supposed to be... :(
I love this! Christie, we can tell everybody that we both got Q3 right -- and nobody can prove otherwise!
You are right!

Excellent plan!

Re: FNGD STARTER

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:53 pm
by etaoin22
Ƨhristie has the bringer of jollity correct. Canadian trivia which no one would remember includes the fact that the little da-da-dah tune in Jupiter was the original CTV news theme back in 1961.

Re: FNGD STARTER

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:59 pm
by etaoin22
2- 1 - 4 - 3.

If I had used alphabetic order,it would be 1 - 2 - 3 - 4. (the identity permutaion, or transformation, i.e no change at all)

which of course BAM never used AFAIK for a FF question.

I have been trying to find the reference that failing to use the identity transformation was important to decoding Enigma, but I cant