Chat

Please make your requests for technical or aesthetic changes here.
Ritterskoop

Chat

#1 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:34 pm

Do we have a chat area? Can we get one without much work? I'll spring for a little cash if it costs. Thanks.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

gsabc

#2 Post by gsabc » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:37 am

I second the nomination. IIRC, the updated version of this bored has it, but if it's a question of cost, I'll chip in as well.

Like I need more excuses to slack off ...
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

tubadave
Official Bored Breaker/Fixer

#3 Post by tubadave » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:22 pm

I'm looking into the possibility of adding some sort of chat room....there are plenty of free add-ons that allow IRC-style chat in phpBB.

In any case, I don't think there should be any sort of cost involved. I'll probably be tinkering with this as I'm continuing to tinker with registration security upgrades. If you happen to see a chat link appear at any point this evening, avoid clicking on it until I'm finished testing (i.e. until I've made a post in the main forum that says "Hey look! There's a chat room now!")

:)
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." -- Dave Barry

tubadave
Official Bored Breaker/Fixer

#4 Post by tubadave » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:29 pm

Chat has been added, and appears to be working. Look for the "Chat" link up there at the top, next to "Memberlist."

A small pop-up window opens to display the chat window, so if you have a pop-up blocker running (or if no new windows appear when you click the link) then you may want to add "wwtbambored.com" to your pop-up blocker's list of allowed sites.

As always, if you have questions, ask away. :)
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." -- Dave Barry

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

Yay!

#5 Post by cindy.wellman » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:33 pm

I'm testing chat!

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#6 Post by cindy.wellman » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:35 pm

OK, this is weird.....

I typed "Yay I'm testing chat" in the chat room, and then a little message came on the chat room saying: you are now known as Cindy_225

Um.........

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#7 Post by cindy.wellman » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:39 pm

Wow, this is ICQ based!! ICQ goes way back. The scrolling bars are a bit messed up on my screen. I'm using firefox, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Also, when you click on the pretty little ICQ flower, it gives you a history of what has transpired so far. I guess because the name Cindy was taken, it gave me a certain amount of time to change my name (I didn't know this as I was not in that screen) before it assigned me to Cindy_225 LOL

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#8 Post by cindy.wellman » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:45 pm

OK, I just changed my name by going to preferences. I'll shhhh now and let everyone else check it out. 8)

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#9 Post by AnnieCamaro » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:02 am

I just tested. It seemed to be working pretty well for me. I was the only one there, though, so I had to answer my own question.
Sou iu koto de.