Hey, Pea!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
themanintheseersuckersuit

Hey, Pea!

#1 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:14 am

Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#2 Post by AnnieCamaro » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:20 am

I wonder if the other peacocks look at that one and say, "Wow. That guy must be really, really old."
Sou iu koto de.

peacock2121

#3 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:12 am

That is beautiful.

My folks live close to Busch Gardens. They have a yearly pass. Sometimes they just take a ride and go to the park just for lunch.

Busch Gardens has peacocks. Sometimes they are strutting their stuff and sometimes, not so much. My mom found a picture frame that has places for nine 3 X 4 1/2 photos. They went to Busch Gardens 4 times to get just the 'right' photos of the peacocks for me. Three of the nine are of an albino peacock.

They make me so happy.

tlynn78

#4 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:21 am

That is beautiful.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire