Since, it is Halloween...I must honor Charles Schulz

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
fuzzywuzzy

Since, it is Halloween...I must honor Charles Schulz

#1 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:18 pm

With an appropriate avatar...

Did anyone see Amercian Master's last night on PBS?

What an amazing man?

My brother and I grew up with the Peanuts. We even named our dog Snoopy.

Hope that you let yourselves indulge in a little childhood classic tonight "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" at 8:00 pm est ABC.

fuzzy :D
Last edited by fuzzywuzzy on Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland

MarleysGh0st

Re: Since, it is Halloween...I must honor Charles Schultz

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:21 pm

fuzzywuzzy wrote:With an appropriate avatar...
Speaking of that avatar, has anyone gotten in touch with Linus since we got our new Bored?

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#3 Post by cindy.wellman » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:27 pm

I'm a huge Peanuts fan. In fact, on most of the other boards I frequent (gasp, there are other boards?) I usually use a Woodstock avatar.

fuzzywuzzy

#4 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:56 pm

cindy.wellman wrote:I'm a huge Peanuts fan. In fact, on most of the other boards I frequent (gasp, there are other boards?) I usually use a Woodstock avatar.
cindy... I love your avatar...looks a little like one of our BBs $1,000,000 question to me? :lol:

Did you see American Master's last night?

At urban outfitters (last xmas) you can get Linus's blanket and Charlie Brown's Christmas tree.

fuzzy 8)
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#5 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:03 pm

We went to Santa Rosa this summer and they have Snoopy statues all over town.

Here is a link to pictures of some of them:
http://ci.santa-rosa.ca.us/default.aspx?PageId=2872

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#6 Post by cindy.wellman » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:04 pm

fuzzywuzzy wrote:
cindy.wellman wrote:I'm a huge Peanuts fan. In fact, on most of the other boards I frequent (gasp, there are other boards?) I usually use a Woodstock avatar.
cindy... I love your avatar...looks a little like one of our BBs $1,000,000 question to me? :lol:

Did you see American Master's last night?

At urban outfitters (last xmas) you can get Linus's blanket and Charlie Brown's Christmas tree.

fuzzy 8)

I'm guessing that it is the person named Hermillion? If so, 1) I didn't realize that was her 1,000,000 question. That is great!!! 2) The whole reason I even posted that avatar was because I saw it when I was on cafe press while looking for cute bichon frise products. I was specifically thinking of her when I posted it today. That is too funny!

I didn't see American Masters last night. Someone around here likes to gather the family around for MNF! ha But, hopefully I can catch a repeat of the show. I wonder where I could find when repeats will be played on PBS. hmmm

I'll have to check out Urban Outfitters. Thanks for the heads up on the show tonight. We'll be watching. I don't think that DD has seen it prior to now. (gasp again, I know......)

TheConfessor

#7 Post by TheConfessor » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:30 pm

I watched the American Masters show about Schulz last night. It included interviews with the family, confirming most of the same stuff they have been strongly complaining about that was said about Schulz in the new book about him. It also had quotes by that book's author, so I don't know if the PBS show was somehow tied in with the book.

My two youngest sisters were named Lucie and Sally, but my mom says that's purely a coincidence. The next oldest sibling is Roy, which was also the name of a minor recurring character in Peanuts.

fuzzywuzzy

#8 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:33 pm

TheConfessor wrote:I watched the American Masters show about Schulz last night. It included interviews with the family, confirming most of the same stuff they have been strongly complaining about that was said about Schulz in the new book about him. It also had quotes by that book's author, so I don't know if the PBS show was somehow tied in with the book.

My two youngest sisters were named Lucie and Sally, but my mom says that's purely a coincidence. The next oldest sibling is Roy, which was also the name of a minor recurring character in Peanuts.
hi ed,

I think that it was really interesting to see him in old family films with his children. Having Charles Schulz for a Dad must have been quite something!

Hope all is well with you...

fuzzy
— Mark Twain

- Judy Garland

TheConfessor

#9 Post by TheConfessor » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:41 pm

fuzzywuzzy wrote:I think that it was really interesting to see him in old family films with his children. Having Charles Schulz for a Dad must have been quite something!

Hope all is well with you...fuzzy
Yes, I'm good. I'm going to England and Ireland next week. I hope it's not too cold to enjoy it.

Most of what I've heard about Schulz recently is a direct or indirect result of Ken Jennings mentioning it on his blog, and the discussions that ensued.
http://ken-jennings.com/blog/?p=601
http://ken-jennings.com/messageboards/v ... php?t=3016

fuzzywuzzy

#10 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:47 pm

Hope all is well with you...fuzzy[/quote]
Yes, I'm good. I'm going to England and Ireland next week. I hope it's not too cold to enjoy it.

Really...I am going to Ireland at the end of March 2008, then London & Paris at the end of August 2008.

Please let me know if there is anything that you think would be worth seeing in either Ireland or England.

While I am in Ireland, I am going to meet some relatives. That should be interesting.

Hope that the weather is good and that you have a great trip!

fuzzy
— Mark Twain

- Judy Garland

MarleysGh0st

#11 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:09 pm

cindy.wellman wrote:
fuzzywuzzy wrote:cindy... I love your avatar...looks a little like one of our BBs $1,000,000 question to me? :lol:
I'm guessing that it is the person named Hermillion? If so, 1) I didn't realize that was her 1,000,000 question. That is great!!!
Her handle makes more sense now, doesn't it?

And if you were still in any doubt, you might notice a striking similarity between her avatar and yours...except that she didn't have her dog along on the trip for that photo. 8)

VAdame

#12 Post by VAdame » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:32 pm

Well, this is Christmas Snowglobe I got last year -- the 6' inflatable kind that goes in the yard, not the little glass kind I also collect -- it's Charlie Brown, Snoopy, and the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree:

BTW, I got this Halloween Globe on Sunday -- no Great Pumpkin, but at a great 1/2 price sale:

Last edited by VAdame on Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mellytu74

#13 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:57 pm

I saw my favorite part of The Great Pumpkin tonight -- when Schroder plays the World War I songs on the piano and Snoopy, as the Flying Ace, listens, smiles and cries.

Beeman521

#14 Post by Beeman521 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:27 pm

I carved my pumpkin last night.
To bee or not to bee.....

hermillion
Bored Millionaire

#15 Post by hermillion » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:37 pm

Cindy -- Love your avatar!

:wink:
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant a tree; if in terms of a hundred years, teach the people." - Confucious

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." -- John Cotton Dana

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#16 Post by cindy.wellman » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:12 pm

hermillion wrote:Cindy -- Love your avatar!

:wink:
I loved YOUR avatar, which is why it reminded me that I had seen a similar one over at CafePress last week. I had NO idea that it meant something regarding a question you received on WWTBAM.

I know you must get asked this many times, but what was the question?

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#17 Post by cindy.wellman » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:22 pm

Beeman521 wrote:I carved my pumpkin last night.

You crafty folk are very inspiring! Very nice!