I went to the WOF audition in Chicago

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
geoffil

I went to the WOF audition in Chicago

#1 Post by geoffil » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:04 am

And I did not get called up to the stage to audition. The auditions were held at the Rosemont Theatre which seats about 4000. It is disappointing to know that only the luck of the draw allows a person to get an audition. If the producers spent less time having the host do his jokes they could audition about 200 more people.

Are the auditions in Los Angeles held the same way?

peacock2121

#2 Post by peacock2121 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:12 am

You gotta be in it to win it!

Great that you went, sorry your name didn't get picked.

Next time!

fuzzywuzzy

Re: I went to the WOF audition in Chicago

#3 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:37 am

geoffil wrote:And I did not get called up to the stage to audition. The auditions were held at the Rosemont Theatre which seats about 4000. It is disappointing to know that only the luck of the draw allows a person to get an audition. If the producers spent less time having the host do his jokes they could audition about 200 more people.
I am sorry that you didn't get called geoffil. :(

At least you went through the process. How many shows did they have?

fuzzy
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland

geoffil

#4 Post by geoffil » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:47 am

WOF is coming to Chicago in March, 2008 to tape 3 weeks of shows. The shows will be taped at Navy Pier. There were 3 days of auditions. Each audition lasted for 1.5 hours. If you didn't get picked you could wait around for the next audition. I estimated they picked 30 people at each audition time and there were a total of 9 audition times. The odds of getting on the show if you got picked to audition are pretty good. They will choose 45 people out of about 270. One guy that was chosen actually said he wasn't much of a wheel watcher. His wife was the big fan. He thought it was so funny his wife didn't get picked, but he did and he doesn't watch the show. Another guy said he spends his time caring for his dying ex-wife. Most of the people picked were care givers or teachers.

fuzzywuzzy

#5 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:56 am

geoffil wrote:WOF is coming to Chicago in March, 2008 to tape 3 weeks of shows. The shows will be taped at Navy Pier. There were 3 days of auditions. Each audition lasted for 1.5 hours. If you didn't get picked you could wait around for the next audition. I estimated they picked 30 people at each audition time and there were a total of 9 audition times. The odds of getting on the show if you got picked to audition are pretty good. They will choose 45 people out of about 270. One guy that was chosen actually said he wasn't much of a wheel watcher. His wife was the big fan. He thought it was so funny his wife didn't get picked, but he did and he doesn't watch the show. Another guy said he spends his time caring for his dying ex-wife. Most of the people picked were care givers or teachers.
Thanks for letting me know about the shows in March 2008!

fuzzy
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland