First Place

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

First Place

#1 Post by BackInTex » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:10 pm

Helping Bob get this season started on an up note.

How many Lighthouses are within 25 miles of every MLB stadium

Of course they left off the Astros, but I still think the Mets take the prize.

..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: First Place

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:34 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:10 pm
Helping Bob get this season started on an up note.

How many Lighthouses are within 25 miles of every MLB stadium

Of course they left off the Astros, but I still think the Mets take the prize.

We're still in Spring Training so I think the graphic should show the number of lighthouses within 25 miles of the teams' spring sites. I'm less confident the Mets win that competition. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:17 pm

Whoever wrote this article is way ahead of me. I googled lighthouse Colorado and could only come up with this, which is way farther than 25 miles from Coors Field:

Colorado Governor Jared Polis recently took to X, formerly known as Twitter, to share a few fun facts about the marina lighthouse on Dillon Reservoir. According to Polis, not only is this the only lighthouse in Colorado, but it's also the highest-elevation lighthouse in the United States.

Sitting at 9,017 feet, the Frisco Bay lighthouse is found on the southwestern end of Dillon Reservoir, which is located in Summit County.

According to an article posted on ibiblio, the lighthouse reaches a height of 26 feet, with a lantern placed on top of an 18-foot-tall wooden tower. This article also notes that while the lighthouse was briefly removed during a construction project at the marina in 2019, it was returned after that project was completed.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:51 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:17 pm
Whoever wrote this article is way ahead of me. I googled lighthouse Colorado and could only come up with this, which is way farther than 25 miles from Coors Field:

Colorado Governor Jared Polis recently took to X, formerly known as Twitter, to share a few fun facts about the marina lighthouse on Dillon Reservoir. According to Polis, not only is this the only lighthouse in Colorado, but it's also the highest-elevation lighthouse in the United States.

Sitting at 9,017 feet, the Frisco Bay lighthouse is found on the southwestern end of Dillon Reservoir, which is located in Summit County.

According to an article posted on ibiblio, the lighthouse reaches a height of 26 feet, with a lantern placed on top of an 18-foot-tall wooden tower. This article also notes that while the lighthouse was briefly removed during a construction project at the marina in 2019, it was returned after that project was completed.
Well now I completely question the accuracy of this whole chart! The Mets probably made this up. :)

Seriously, I wonder how the creator determine the metrics. The Frisco Bay Lighthouse is right at 60 miles as the crow flies, if a crow could fly through the mountains and not over them.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:43 am

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:51 am
SportsFan68 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:17 pm

Well now I completely question the accuracy of this whole chart! The Mets probably made this up. :)

Seriously, I wonder how the creator determine the metrics. The Frisco Bay Lighthouse is right at 60 miles as the crow flies, if a crow could fly through the mountains and not over them.
The closest lighthouse to Arizona would be in the San Diago area, at least 350 miles.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.