My Favorite Character on Young Sheldon

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

My Favorite Character on Young Sheldon

#1 Post by Spock » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:30 pm

Slowly making my way through Young Sheldon-Approaching the end of Season 2 and he is still in High School. The series started with the first episode starting him in High School.

I absolutely love the 3 minor characters who play his put-upon teachers. Two females (English and Math) and one male (Science)-But I have to say that my favorite character is lady who plays the very minor role of librarian. That makes my day when she shows up. Somewhat embittered and lonely female who can't find a man. I absolutely love her.

tlynn78

Re: My Favorite Character on Young Sheldon

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:52 pm

Some terrific characters in that show, but Annie Potts is the best
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Vandal
Director of Promos

#3 Post by Vandal » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:50 pm

Actress Sarah Baker.

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Spock

#4 Post by Spock » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:41 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:52 pm
Annie Potts might be playing Sheldon's Meemaw-but I will always be convinced that she modeled the character on Beebs. I bet she spent several weeks with her doing character development and such.

Just like when Leonardo Di'Caprio hung out in with tough ex-South African special forces guys in their bars during research for Blood Diamond. Well, kind of like that, but with cats.

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:04 pm

Spock wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:41 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:52 pm
Annie Potts might be playing Sheldon's Meemaw-but I will always be convinced that she modeled the character on Beebs. I bet she spent several weeks with her doing character development and such.

Just like when Leonardo Di'Caprio hung out in with tough ex-South African special forces guys in their bars during research for Blood Diamond. Well, kind of like that, but with cats.
Lol, I can see it!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:27 pm

I'm flattered, but she's way cuter and cooler. Hey! She stole my riz!
Well, then

Ritterskoop

#7 Post by Ritterskoop » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:09 pm

Danielle Pinnock, the math teacher, is one of the main group of ghosts, on ... Ghosts.

They are all likable in some ways, but she is likable is just about all ways. Plus, she gets to sing.

I love that this show is about family, the kind you are stuck with.

And yes, every Young Sheldon episode needs Meemaw or Missy to make it complete.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

tlynn78

#8 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:43 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:09 pm
Danielle Pinnock, the math teacher, is one of the main group of ghosts, on ... Ghosts.

They are all likable in some ways, but she is likable is just about all ways. Plus, she gets to sing.

I love that this show is about family, the kind you are stuck with.

And yes, every Young Sheldon episode needs Meemaw or Missy to make it complete.
Another good show.