My song "In the Pouring Rain"

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

My song "In the Pouring Rain"

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:53 pm

My song has been selected as SongwritersUniverse song of the month of December.

"In the Pouring Rain": A Ballad of Heartbreak and Resilience

Dive into the soul-stirring depths of "In the Pouring Rain," a ballad that narrates a tale of heartbreak, resilience, and self-discovery. Set to a poignant melody, this song unfolds the story of a woman grappling with betrayal in love, only to find her strength and identity amidst the storm.

The lyrics traverse through a country lane, a symbolic journey from the shadows of deceit to the light of empowerment. Standing barefoot in the rain, the protagonist embodies the pain of lost love and the power of personal growth. The chorus's robust and expressive repetition encapsulates her transformation from being shackled by a broken relationship to finding liberation in the rain.

"In the Pouring Rain" is a melody and a narrative of healing and self-empowerment, resonating with anyone who has faced and overcome personal trials. The bridge poetically emphasizes the cleansing nature of raindrops and the rise from adversity. This song is an anthem for those who have found their way out of the darkness of heartache into the light of self-reliance and courage.

The outro is a striking culmination of this journey, portraying a woman no longer lost in love's painful past but reborn with grace and strength in the pouring rain. It's a powerful testament to the resilience and transformative power of the human spirit, making "In the Pouring Rain" a profoundly impactful and relatable ballad.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Estonut
Evil Genius

Re: My song "In the Pouring Rain"

#2 Post by Estonut » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:30 pm

You might want to let them know.

They list others as the winner and next 4 top songs.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

Re: My song "In the Pouring Rain"

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:20 pm

Estonut wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:30 pm
You might want to let them know.

They list others as the winner and the next 4 top songs.
He hasn't updated his website for December. I'm not the top song but I'm one of the five. This is my second time to be selected.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.