Timsterino on We Are Family

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Timsterino on We Are Family

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:11 am

Bored Buddy Tim Sternberg, aka Timsterino, will be a contestant on the new Fox game show, We Are Family, premiering January 3 at 9:00 Eastern. The show involves singers who are related to famous celebrities who come out and perform. Tim and the other contestants try to guess who the singer's famous relative is. Anthony Anderson hosts.

Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

MarleysGh0st

Re: Timsterino on We Are Family

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:16 pm

Will TIm be on the premiere episode or a later one? I'll watch to see Tim, but otherwise the concept of this show is about as uninteresting to me as possible.

So there's a big reveal that some celebrity is behind the bubble. And the audience is screaming wildly about this. Whoop-de-doo.

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:38 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:16 pm
Will TIm be on the premiere episode or a later one? I'll watch to see Tim, but otherwise the concept of this show is about as uninteresting to me as possible.

So there's a big reveal that some celebrity is behind the bubble. And the audience is screaming wildly about this. Whoop-de-doo.
From what I understand, each episode of the show is self-contained. They start with 100 contestants (including Tim on January 3) in the bleachers in front of the stage. Each show will have "several" celebrity rounds. In each round, they show picture clues during the relative's performance to help the contestants guess the secret celebrity. In the trailer, one clue was a bowl of chicken noodle soup and some crackers. That might mean the celebrity is Naomi Campbell. Or it might not. (The celebrities aren't all singers.) Those who get the answer correct each round move onto the next. So if Tim is eliminated in the first round, you may not see him on camera for more than a few seconds. Eventually, contestants who get all through all the rounds can win up to $150,000. (My guess is the money is split among those who get all the rounds correct.)

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:36 pm

My TiVo is set.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:54 pm

Spoiler
He got his 15 seconds of fame.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:36 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:54 pm
Spoiler
He got his 15 seconds of fame.
https://twitter.com/RealityClubFOX/stat ... 7867101355

BackInTex

#7 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:51 am

Watched maybe 15 minutes of it. Not interested at all in watching a bunch of people act crazy in awe of celebretites.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:27 pm

Most of the contestants on the show won either 300, 600, or 900 dollars. Those who guessed the first celebrity split $20,000 which came to a little over $300 for each one correct. Those who guessed the second celebrity split $30,000, which came to $600 each. Guess them both and you got $903 by my math. The one contestant who got both correct in the fastest time played for the big money round, where they could win depending on how fast they guessed the celebrity $100,000. The first two rounds had two songs, one by the relative and the second a duet with the celebrity, with three clues in each song. The third round was just one duet with five clues. My earlier post about the chicken noodle soup clue
Spoiler
was wrong. It was actually supposed to be a hint for The Soup, the show hosted by Joel McHale, the celebrity for that round.

After each song, they selected two or three of the contestants and asked who they picked and why. Tim wasn't among these. Even though 2/3 of the contestants got the first celebrity correct and half got the second, most of the answers given on-air were wrong. My guess is they picked mostly people giving wrong answers to make it seem like there were more possible answers. One contestant gave the dumbest answer I'd seen. The celebrities were hidden behind a translucent screen, so the contestants could see this one was female, but the contestant guessed Scottie Pippen. By the way, the celebrities had decent singing voices, even though two of them were non-singers. The singing was about at the level you would hear at a local music club.

For some reason, the contestants all went crazy throughout the show. I doubt you'd see that much energy at a Taylor Swift concert. And all that for three lounge-level singers (one guy said he was part of a tribute band that played wedding gigs) and three B- and C-list celebrities. Like BiT, I won't be watching again.

Bob Juch

#9 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:10 pm

Oh yes, you do see that much energy at a Taylor Swift concert!

I'm sure the producers told the contestants to be over-the-top energetic.

silverscreenselect

#10 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:26 pm

Apparently, at least some of the contestants hold over from show to show, including Tim. The third episode was Sunday night, and they asked Tim on camera who he picked as the mystery celebrity one round and why. I confess I watched the second episode and didn't see Tim (the contestant who played for the big money on the first episode was in the crowd for episode 2 and explained his selection, even though he wasn't eligible to play for the big money again). I haven't seen the third episode (available on Hulu) except for this clip Tim posted on YouTube. All future episodes will be in the Wednesday night time slot and on Hulu next day.