I Chose to be a "Scotch" Guy, but Dang

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Estonut
Evil Genius

Re: I Chose to be a "Scotch" Guy, but Dang

#26 Post by Estonut » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:57 am

Ritterskoop wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:13 pm
We have been going through a ton of small bottles of Gatorade and water here lately (roomie is now 87, and I do anything I can to get some hydration in him), and I use the boxes to take the bottles to the recycling center, is why the visit to the liquor store.
Will he eat fruit? Besides the obvious watermelon and cantaloupe, many fruits have much higher water content than you might expect:

17 Fruits Highest in Water
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Ritterskoop

#27 Post by Ritterskoop » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:09 pm

We both eat watermelon frequently, yep.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Spock

#28 Post by Spock » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:45 pm

I now have 2 permanent members of my bar.

1) Buffalo Trace will be my representative bourbon.

2) Bruichladdich Classic Laddie

Just opened this a few days ago and it is my favorite Scotch so far. It is the one I will serve to company if anybody wants to try a Scotch.

It seems to be highly regarded on whiskey podcasts and susch as well.

jarnon

#29 Post by jarnon » Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:17 pm

Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Spock

#30 Post by Spock » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:53 pm

Whiskey Update

1) I didn't really care for the Elijah Craig bourbon, so after I got through about 1/3 of the bottle-I sent it with my son-in-law as his boss is a big bourbon guy and might appreciate it.

2) I think I will continue my focus on the Scotch universe and just keep a bottle of Buffalo Trace bourbon on hand to enjoy occasionally. The exception will be if we do a Kentucky area trip and go to buffalo Trace distillery-I would pick up that day's special bottle as described by others in this thread.

3) I found a Scotch that I really really like. That is Port Charlotte by the Bruicladdich distillery. I like it so much that I am tempted to end my search and just do Port Charlotte for awhile-but where is the fun in that.

4) Mrs. Spock and I were in the Twin Cities yesterday and we stopped at 3 liquor stores. One was basically an inner-city store with all the expensive bottles behind the counter. Then just a few miles away, we stopped at 2 suburban stores and I have to say that I was very disappointed in the Scotch selections at all 3. I was expecting to see some really good stuff-but not really. One clerk told me to check back around Fathers' Day as they will have more then.

Surprisingly, there is a better selection of Scotch at our local regional centers than I saw in the Cities. I didn't see any thing that I was looking for, but I went with a Compass Box "Peat Monster."