Trump indicted fopr stealing docs

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Trump indicted fopr stealing docs

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:30 pm

That's per his announcement.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Pastor Fireball

Re: Trump indicted fopr stealing docs

#2 Post by Pastor Fireball » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:14 am

Your turn now, Fani Willis.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:13 am

Former Trump aide Walt Nauta has also been indicted in the classified documents case.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Trump indicted for stealing docs

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:33 pm

Here's the indictment. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:39 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:13 am
Former Trump aide Walt Nauta has also been indicted in the classified documents case.
Investigators obtained surveillance footage showing Nauta and a worker moving boxes of classified documents around the resort. Nauta had spoken to investigators repeatedly in the probe, at first telling them he hadn’t handled boxes or sensitive documents at Mar-a-Lago.

Once the surveillance footage was turned over, however, Nauta changed his story, and after changing attorneys, the aide stopped talking to investigators altogether last fall.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#6 Post by jarnon » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:25 pm

These are very serious charges, much worse than what he's accused of in New York.

Trump was surprised that the Defense Department showed him a "plan of attack" against an unfriendly country. Actually, the military has contingency plans to attack, or to repel an attack from, every country, including Canada (War Plan Red). They have to be prepared for any eventuality, even the most unlikely.

The classification markings in the document list indicate human, electronic, and satellite intelligence. Making their contents public would cause tremendous harm to our and our allies' security, regardless of whether Trump formally declassified them while in office.
Last edited by jarnon on Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:33 pm

jarnon wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:25 pm
The classification markings in the document list indicate human, electronic, and satellite intelligence. Making their contents public would cause tremendous harm to our and our allies' security, regardless of whether Trump formally declassified them while in office.
Some of the information in the indictment seems to come from the testimony of people to whom Trump showed the documents or otherwise observed them in unsecured locations. If an agent of a foreign government learned about actual information in a classified document, they would be highly unlikely to reveal that fact to the Justice Department investigators.

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:56 pm

Trump's secure storage

jarnon

#9 Post by jarnon » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:39 pm

Special Counsel Jack Smith made a statement about the indictment.

Trump made a statement too. Biden has no comment.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#10 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:39 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:56 pm
Trump's secure storage

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#11 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:37 am

jarnon wrote:
These are very serious charges, much worse than what he's accused of in New York.
But if Donny is convicted in New York, no future President could pardon him, as a number of candidates for the Republican nomination have pledged to do.

I really hope someone asks them, on the record: "Are you saying that if Donny really engaged in the conduct alleged in paragraph 6 of the indictment, he still shouldn't be prosecuted? Are you saying that Donny didn't actually engage in the conduct alleged in paragraph 6, even though it was caught on tape?" --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

kroxquo

#12 Post by kroxquo » Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:42 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:56 pm
Trump's secure storage
That is deplorable and outrageous! A chandelier in the bathroom?
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

silverscreenselect

#13 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:18 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:37 am
jarnon wrote:
But if Donny is convicted in New York, no future President could pardon him, as a number of candidates for the Republican nomination have pledged to do.
A future President also couldn't pardon Trump for the charges he probably faces in Georgia. The governor could do so, but Brian Kemp is no fan of Trump and neither is Brad Raffensperger, the Secretary of State who will likely be the next Republican gubernatorial candidate in 2026. (Raffensperger is probably going to be a key witness against Trump in any Georgia trial.)

And needless to say, I can't picture any New York governor in the foreseeable future pardoning Trump.

jarnon

#14 Post by jarnon » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:26 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:42 pm
Better to make the gold toilet fixtures sparkle
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#15 Post by jarnon » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:32 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:18 pm
A future President also couldn't pardon Trump for the charges he probably faces in Georgia. The governor could do so, but Brian Kemp is no fan of Trump and neither is Brad Raffensperger, the Secretary of State who will likely be the next Republican gubernatorial candidate in 2026.
The governor of Georgia doesn't have unfettered pardon power analogous to the U.S. president. Pardons are granted by the Board of Pardons and Paroles. However, the governor along with the legislature can change state law to retroactively make everything Trump allegedly did legal.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Pastor Fireball

#16 Post by Pastor Fireball » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:54 am

kroxquo wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:42 pm
A chandelier in a bathroom that also has a cheap plastic toilet and an even cheaper plastic shower curtain. This isn't just putting lipstick on a pig. This is putting Louboutin pumps on a pig.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

flockofseagulls104

#17 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:06 pm

So much fun watching the usual suspects wetting their pants over this 497th attempt to find a crime to attach to Trump.

You guys hate this guy so much you would rather drive us over a cliff watching our country devolve into one where the current 'ruler' puts the opposition in jail. Just like they do in all the third-world countries with corrupt dictators.

Who's colluding with who?

Biden (well his handlers, anyway) probably called his bidness partner Xi Jinping, asked him how to deal with Trump and got advice on how to handle it. Don't matter to you how he's turning the Justice Department into a sad, disgusting joke, just as long as he sticks it to the Orange man.

I don't think you're gonna win anything. I believe Trump will win even if you succeed in railroading him into jail. Your side has nobody, NOBODY. Better hope you've found a new way of rigging the election next time. Especially if Biden can manage to stand up until your convention next year. If not, you can always nominate Fetterman.

This phony political 'indictment' will just win Trump more support as more people wake up to how corrupt this administration is. I doubt any of you will be in that category. But if I'm right it will be so much fun watching you melt down on election day (or month, as your shithead leaders have made it).

Wet your panties some more!!!!!
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Weyoun

#18 Post by Weyoun » Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:35 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:06 pm
So much fun watching the usual suspects wetting their pants over this 497th attempt to find a crime to attach to Trump.

You guys hate this guy so much you would rather drive us over a cliff watching our country devolve into one where the current 'ruler' puts the opposition in jail. Just like they do in all the third-world countries with corrupt dictators.

Who's colluding with who?

Biden (well his handlers, anyway) probably called his bidness partner Xi Jinping, asked him how to deal with Trump and got advice on how to handle it. Don't matter to you how he's turning the Justice Department into a sad, disgusting joke, just as long as he sticks it to the Orange man.

I don't think you're gonna win anything. I believe Trump will win even if you succeed in railroading him into jail. Your side has nobody, NOBODY. Better hope you've found a new way of rigging the election next time. Especially if Biden can manage to stand up until your convention next year. If not, you can always nominate Fetterman.

This phony political 'indictment' will just win Trump more support as more people wake up to how corrupt this administration is. I doubt any of you will be in that category. But if I'm right it will be so much fun watching you melt down on election day (or month, as your shithead leaders have made it).

Wet your panties some more!!!!!
But didn't he commit a crime?

If you kept war plans and nuclear secrets in your bathroom and showed them to friends, would you go to jail?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#19 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:14 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:35 pm

If you kept war plans and nuclear secrets in your bathroom, REFUSED TO RETURN THEM UPON PROPER DEMAND, HID THEM FROM AUTHORITIES WHO WERE LOOKING FOR THEM, and showed them to friends AND THE PRESS, would you go to jail?
Fixed that for you. --Bob

BackInTex

#20 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:30 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:14 pm
Weyoun wrote:

If you kept war plans and nuclear secrets in your bathroom, REFUSED TO RETURN THEM UPON PROPER DEMAND, HID THEM FROM AUTHORITIES WHO WERE LOOKING FOR THEM, and showed them to friends AND THE PRESS, would you go to jail?
I for one appreciate the attempt to keep them from Biden, meaning keep them from China.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#21 Post by jarnon » Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:47 pm

Weyoun wrote:

If you kept war plans and nuclear secrets in your bathroom and showed them to friends, would you go to jail?
Considering all the legal cases Trump has settled over the years, I'm surprised he doesn't make a plea deal in this case and the New York one too. Bragg still hasn't specified what additional crime Trump committed that would raise his falsification of business records to a felony. He's probably accept a guilty plea to misdemeanors with no prison time. In Florida, there's no doubt that Trump mishandled documents and defied a subpoena. A guilty plea could spare him from incarceration.

Maybe Trump believes that casting himself as the victim of unfair prosecution, or even a political prisoner, will take him back to the White House.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#22 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:15 pm

jarnon wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:47 pm
Weyoun wrote:

Considering all the legal cases Trump has settled over the years, I'm surprised he doesn't make a plea deal in this case and the New York one too. Bragg still hasn't specified what additional crime Trump committed that would raise his falsification of business records to a felony. He's probably accept a guilty plea to misdemeanors with no prison time. In Florida, there's no doubt that Trump mishandled documents and defied a subpoena. A guilty plea could spare him from incarceration.

Maybe Trump believes that casting himself as the victim of unfair prosecution, or even a political prisoner, will take him back to the White House.
Oh, there's no doubt? In whose mind? I'm not in the left's echo chamber, so I see plenty of doubt.

There's only so many times crying wolf will work for reasonable, properly informed people. Especially when those accusing him and their allies in the press are ignoring obvious, actual traitorous crimes by other people. People who are actively using their power to take out their opposition, hoping one of their attempts will stick. AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Remember when you all were SO SURE Trump colluded with Russia to get elected? Schiff had PROOF of that, too. The 51 traitors who covered for Biden and interfered with the 2020 election also were sure. Their batting average isn't very high. And you believe this attempt, too? When are you idiots gonna wake up? (I know the answer is never, but it's fun watching you bounce around in your willful ignorance. I'm just stirring your pot.)

bobby? Still think Trump colluded with Russia? Maybe you can find a Mikey Weinstein quote on the subject. He might not have an answer, but he could sure threaten to beat someone to a pulp. Amazing how you are avoiding that question.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Weyoun

#23 Post by Weyoun » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:06 am

BackInTex wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:30 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:

I for one appreciate the attempt to keep them from Biden, meaning keep them from China.
Do you think he has the only copy of these things in existence?

Anyway, you did not answer the question. You never do - you just deflect.

flockofseagulls104

#24 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:46 am

Weyoun wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:06 am
BackInTex wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:30 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Do you think he has the only copy of these things in existence?

Anyway, you did not answer the question. You never do - you just deflect.
We have more than ample evidence that both the FBI and the Justice Dept have extreme problems with credibility. They brazenly lied to the American public in order to get Biden elected. They committed election interference themselves while accusing others of it. Strzok spoke of an insurance policy, which is now completely obvious to anyone with an open mind. They implemented their insurance policy in spades. And the same people who organized, collaborated and disseminated those lies with the people who were then in power are now in power themselves. How do we know what they are telling us now is the truth? Maybe it's THEIR truth.

How do you ignore that?

BackInTex

#25 Post by BackInTex » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:15 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:46 am
How do you ignore that?
The same way they ignore everything else.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson