ChatGPT Makes Stuff Up

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

ChatGPT Makes Stuff Up

#1 Post by Spock » Wed May 31, 2023 8:41 am

Funny? Scary? Both?

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/ ... -st-up.php

In the more amusing case regarding an assignment to write about the oldest and youngest South Dakota governors-ChatGPT completely made up everything about the youngest governor.

In a more serious case-where lawyers relied on it to help with what lawyers do-it appears to have completely made up several cases.

>>>"Chat GPT made up cases, complete with quotes and citations, to support the lawyers’ position. The presiding judge was not amused:"<<<<

the lawyers appear to be in trouble.

This scares the hell out of me regarding future AI-Note, we are still in the realm of where we can check it. What happens when we start to rely on AI for things we can't check-like nanotechnology or similar things?

Does not bode well for the future.

BackInTex

Re: ChatGPT Makes Stuff Up

#2 Post by BackInTex » Wed May 31, 2023 10:01 am

It was pretty much doing what the users do. It want's to fit in.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

Re: ChatGPT Makes Stuff Up

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Wed May 31, 2023 8:06 pm

My friend, Jackie Fox, asked, "What can you tell me about the book Rock Hard: My Life in the Runaways by Jackie Fox?"

ChatGPT: "Rock Hard: My Life in the Runaways" is a memoir written by Jackie Fox, who was the bassist of the all-girl rock band, The Runaways. The book was first published in 2013 by It Books.

In the book, Jackie Fox shares her experiences of being a part of the legendary band that was formed in the mid-1970s. She provides an insider's perspective on the group's rise to fame, their struggles and conflicts, and their eventual breakup. She also talks about her own personal journey as a musician, and the challenges she faced as a woman in the male-dominated rock music industry.
One of the most significant parts of the book is Fox's account of the sexual abuse she suffered at the hands of the band's manager, Kim Fowley. This event had long been rumored in the music industry, but Fox's memoir provided a detailed and harrowing account of what happened. The revelation sparked a lot of controversy and discussion, and led to a reevaluation of Fowley's legacy.
Overall, "Rock Hard: My Life in the Runaways" offers a compelling and candid look at the life of one of the most iconic bands in rock history, as well as the personal struggles of one of its members.

The book is entirely fictional.

She went on Bard and asked: What are the chapter headings in Rock Hard: My Life in The Runaways by Jackie Fox?

Bard: The chapter headings in Rock Hard: My Life in The Runaways by Jackie Fox are as follows:
Welcome to the Hotel California
The Runaways
The First Gig
The Road
The Rock and Roll Revolution
The End of the Runaways
After the Runaways
Rock Hard

The book is a memoir of Jackie Fox's life as a member of the Runaways, a groundbreaking all-female rock band. The book covers Fox's early life, her experiences with the Runaways, and her life after the band.

She then asked: What is the opening paragraph of the book Rock Hard: My Life in The Runaways by Jackie Fox?

Bard: The opening paragraph of the book Rock Hard: My Life in The Runaways by Jackie Fox is:
"I was 15 years old when I joined The Runaways. I was a runaway myself, and I had no idea what I was getting into. But I knew that I wanted to be a rock star, and this was my chance."

Bard continues: The book is about Fox's life in the band, from her early days as a runaway to her time on the road and in the studio. It is a candid and revealing account of her experiences, and it offers an insider's look at one of the most iconic bands of the 1970s.

Jackie: What is the most underlined paragraph in Rock Hard: My Life in The Runaways?

Bard: The most underlined paragraph in Rock Hard: My Life in The Runaways is the one that describes the band's first performance. Fox writes:

"Our first show was at the Whisky a Go Go in Los Angeles. We were all so nervous, but we played our hearts out. The audience loved us, and we knew that we were on to something special."

This paragraph is underlined by many readers because it is a pivotal moment in the band's history. It is the moment when they first realized that they had the potential to be successful.

The current free version of ChatGPT, 3.5, has been updated to say there is no book with that title.

Today Google's Bard still gets it wrong:

Rock Hard: My Life in the Runaways is a memoir by Jackie Fuchs, who played bass guitar for the all-girl rock band The Runaways from 1975 to 1977. The book was published in 2015.

In the book, Fuchs recounts her experiences in the band, including the highs of touring the world and recording albums, and the lows of dealing with sexism, drug abuse, and exploitation. She also writes about her decision to leave the band in 1977.

Fuchs's book is a candid and unflinching look at the life of a young woman in a rock band in the 1970s. It is a valuable addition to the canon of rock and roll literature.

Here are some reviews of the book:

"A powerful and moving memoir." - Rolling Stone
"A must-read for fans of The Runaways and anyone interested in the history of rock and roll." - The New York Times Book Review
"A courageous and honest book." - The Los Angeles Times
If you are a fan of The Runaways or rock and roll history, I highly recommend reading Rock Hard: My Life in the Runaways.

Me today: What are the chapter headings in Rock Hard: My Life in The Runaways by Jackie Fox?

The chapter headings in Rock Hard: My Life in The Runaways by Jackie Fox are:

The Audition
The Band
The Tour
The Record Deal
The Drugs
The Abuse
The Breakup
The Aftermath
The Reunion
The Legacy

The book is divided into 10 chapters, each of which tells a different story about Jackie Fuchs's time in The Runaways. The chapters are arranged chronologically, so the reader can follow Fuchs's journey from her audition for the band to her decision to leave it.

The book is full of interesting and often shocking details about life in The Runaways. Fuchs writes about the band's drug use, the abuse they suffered at the hands of their manager, and the sexism they faced in the music industry. She also writes about the highs of touring the world and recording albums, and the lows of feeling isolated and alone.

Rock Hard is a powerful and moving memoir that gives readers a rare glimpse into the life of a young woman in a rock band in the 1970s. It is a valuable addition to the canon of rock and roll literature.

Here are some additional details about each chapter:

The Audition: Fuchs recounts her audition for The Runaways, which she won after impressing the band with her playing skills.

The Band: Fuchs describes the early days of The Runaways, when the band was still finding its footing. She writes about the band's members, their personalities, and their musical influences.

The Tour: Fuchs writes about the band's first tour, which was a disaster. She describes the long hours, the bad food, and the constant harassment from fans.

The Record Deal: Fuchs writes about the band's signing with Mercury Records. She describes the recording process for the band's first album, and the challenges of being a young woman in the music industry.

The Drugs: Fuchs writes about the band's drug use, which became increasingly problematic as the years went on. She describes the effects of drugs on the band's members, and the toll it took on their personal and professional lives.

The Abuse: Fuchs writes about the abuse she and the other members of The Runaways suffered at the hands of their manager, Kim Fowley. She describes the physical and emotional abuse that she and the other girls endured, and the lasting impact it had on them.

The Breakup: Fuchs writes about the breakup of The Runaways. She describes the reasons for the breakup, and the aftermath of the band's demise.

The Aftermath: Fuchs writes about her life after The Runaways. She describes her struggles to find her place in the music industry, and her eventual success as a lawyer.

The Reunion: Fuchs writes about the reunion of The Runaways in 2010. She describes the reasons for the reunion, and the experience of performing with the band again after so many years.

The Legacy: Fuchs writes about the legacy of The Runaways. She describes the band's impact on the music industry, and the importance of their music to young women everywhere.

Me today: What is the most underlined paragraph in Rock Hard: My Life in The Runaways?

The most underlined paragraph in Rock Hard: My Life in The Runaways is from the chapter "The Abuse." In this paragraph, Jackie Fuchs writes about the physical and emotional abuse she and the other members of The Runaways suffered at the hands of their manager, Kim Fowley.

Here is the paragraph:

"Kim was a master manipulator. He knew how to push our buttons and get us to do what he wanted. He would call us names, make fun of us, and threaten to fire us if we didn't do what he said. He would also physically abuse us. He would push us, shove us, and even hit us. We were all terrified of him. We didn't know what to do. We were young and we didn't have any power. We were just kids."

This paragraph is underlined by many readers because it is a powerful and disturbing account of the abuse that Jackie Fuchs and the other members of The Runaways suffered. It is a reminder of the dark side of the music industry and the dangers that young women face in this male-dominated world.

The paragraph is also underlined because it is a courageous act of self-revelation. Jackie Fuchs is opening up about her experiences of abuse, which is something that many people are reluctant to do. By sharing her story, she is helping to break the silence around abuse and giving other victims the courage to speak out.

The paragraph is a powerful reminder of the importance of speaking out against abuse. It is also a reminder of the strength and resilience of survivors. Jackie Fuchs is a survivor, and her story is an inspiration to us all.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.