ABC Fall Schedule Announced

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

ABC Fall Schedule Announced

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon May 22, 2023 11:50 am

Monday

8:00 - Dancing with the Stars
10:00 - The Golden Bachelor

Tuesday

8:00 - Celebrity Jeopardy
9:00 - Bachelor in Paradise

Wednesday

8:00 - Judge Steve Harvey
9:00 - Abbott Elementary (two episodes; repeats)
10:00 - What Would You Do

Thursday

8:00 - Celebrity Wheel of Fortune
9:00 - Press Your Luck
10:00 - The $100,000 Pyramid

Friday

8:00 - Shark Tank
9:00 - 20/20

Saturday - College Football

Sunday

7:00 - America's Funniest Home Videos
8:00 - Wonderful World of Disney

Unlike the other networks, ABC is taking the writers strike into account with a fall schedule that's all reality TV and game shows (except for Saturday night football and repeats of Abbott Elementary). Dancing with the Stars returns to ABC from Disney Plus, where it was shown the last two seasons. The Golden Bachelor is a senior-citizen version of The Bachelor. ABC's scripted programming will be back mid-year, probably with shortened seasons for most shows. 9-1-1 will move to ABC from Fox. A Million Little Things, Big Sky, Alaska Daily, and The Company You Keep have been canceled. The Goldbergs completed its run this season. No word yet on the fate of Home Economics and The Rookie: Feds.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

jarnon

Re: ABC Fall Schedule Announced

#2 Post by jarnon » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:05 pm

Philadelphia Inquirer wrote:South Jersey ‘Jeopardy!’ champ won’t cross picket line for the Tournament of Champions
Spoiler
What is solidarity?

Jeopardy! champ Cris Pannullo, a customer-success operations manager from New Jersey who took home $749,268 before taxes during a 21-game winning streak in December, announced in a post on Reddit he won’t show up to film this season’s Tournament of Champions if the show’s writers are still on strike.

Pannullo, who lives in Ocean City, wrote he will “not participate in any games comprised of recycled clues while the WGA strike is in effect.”

Pannullo was commenting on a post written by fellow Jeopardy! champ Ray Lalonde in the r/Jeopardy subreddit. Lalonde cited “credible reports” that the show’s producers are planning on taping the next season of the show with recycled clues if the Writers Guild of America strike remains unresolved.

“I believe that the show’s writers are a vital part of the show and they are justified in taking their job action to secure a fair contract for themselves and their fellow WGA members,” Lalonde, who was a set designer for Hulu’s The Handmaid’s Tale, wrote. “As a supporter of the trade-union movement, a union member’s son and a proud union member myself I have informed the show’s producers that if the strike remains unresolved I will not cross a picket line to play in the Tournament of Champions.”

Former contestants on the show are verified by the moderators of r/Jeopardy. Neither Pannullo nor representatives at Sony Pictures television could be reached for comment.

Pannullo and Lalonde weren’t the only Jeopardy! champs who said they’d decline to participate if the show turned to used clues. Hannah Wilson, who won $229,801 during her eight-game winning streak back in May, wrote a Tournament of Champions “with all recycled clues doesn’t sound like much fun to play in, anyway.”

Ben Chan, whose nine-game winning strike ended with a controversial misspelling, wrote if Lalonde was out, “I am out.”

All told, Jeopardy!’s top four champs this season, as well as six-game winner Troy Meyer, all pledged to side with the show’s writers.

The Mindy Project actor Ike Barinholtz, the winner of this year’s Celebrity Jeopardy, accepted an invitation to compete in Tournament of Champions but took to the picket line earlier this week as part of the SAG-AFTRA strike.

“We all are in this together,” Barinholtz told The Wrap. “We need solidarity.”

Writers in Hollywood began striking in May after they were unable to agree on a new contract with the top film and television studios. Actors joined them on the picket line earlier this month after also failing to come to terms on a new deal.

Jeopardy! host and actress Mayim Bialik left the show during the final week of filming back in May due to the strike, according to Deadline. Fellow Jeopardy! host and former contestant Ken Jennings stepped in to complete the episodes, which used clues written before the strike began.

Michele Loud, the show’s co-head writer who has joined her colleagues on the picket line, told Variety that Jeopardy! would be “just an empty blue screen” without their contributions.

“Our words are on the screen every night,” Loud said. “There is no Jeopardy! without writers.”

It’s the first time both writers and actors have been on strike together since January 1960, when protests were led by then-actor Ronald Reagan, who was head of the Screen Actors Guild. Those strikes lasted six weeks for actors and 21 weeks for writers, and most Hollywood experts expect these strikes to linger on for months.

The last week of new shows from Jeopardy!’s 39th season will air through Friday. After that, it’s on to a summer rerun schedule through the beginning of September, which includes previously aired episodes of Tournament of Champions and October’s Second Chance competition.

The next season of Jeopardy! is scheduled to begin on Sept. 11, though it’s unclear if the show will have new episodes to air.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:32 am

After several eligible contestants withdrew, Jeopardy announced today that the Tournament of Champions will not take place until the writers strike is resolved. The show producers claimed they never intended to go ahead with the TOC while the strike was ongoing. Already, viewers of the show have seen one effect of the strike. Mayim Bialik was originally supposed to host the rest of the current season, but she announced she would not participate during the writers strike, so Ken Jennings was called back in to finish out the season.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:47 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:32 am
After several eligible contestants withdrew, Jeopardy announced today that the Tournament of Champions will not take place until the writers strike is resolved. The show producers claimed they never intended to go ahead with the TOC while the strike was ongoing. Already, viewers of the show have seen one effect of the strike. Mayim Bialik was originally supposed to host the rest of the current season, but she announced she would not participate during the writers strike, so Ken Jennings was called back in to finish out the season.
That was just two taping days that Ken returned for. The questions were written before the strike.
https://www.newsweek.com/ken-jennings-b ... ke-1800257
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.